Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Possible Leak to Early Access Date?Follow

#1 Jul 18 2013 at 1:06 PM Rating: Good
6 posts
Just saw this on the GameFAQs board. Apparently someone on the Beta forum contacted SE about why the haven't received their preorder code.

Quote:

Dear X,
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear of any confusion caused by your store order for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector´s Edition.
The early access codes and registration keys have not yet been sent. They will be delivered via e-mail before the early access date of 20th August 2013.
If you have not received your codes closer to this date, do not hesitate to get back in touch and we can investigate further for you.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
The Square Enix Support Centre team


This could be a possible leak (from the support center?) or it could be a troll attempt. But it does fit in the time frame (speculation) between phase 4 and release.
#2 Jul 18 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Sounds entirely plausible.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Jul 18 2013 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
I thought this was already known. One week before official release.
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#4 Jul 18 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
I've had this link in my sticky for awhile... Unless they change something, it's definitely 7 days.

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w653/urzol/earlyaccess_zps5000a930.jpg

ETA: For some reason, I could only find it in relation to Australia. *shrug*

Edited, Jul 18th 2013 12:11pm by LebargeX
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#5 Jul 18 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
I'm pretty sure it's been all speculation due to the fact they haven't officially announced a date for early access.
#6 Jul 18 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Sounds about right. Now if they would only leak the date of Beta phase 4! :)
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#7 Jul 18 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Ahhh... well that kind of clears some confusion.
#8 Jul 18 2013 at 1:12 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Sure, that fits with what the have stated thus far. I would guess that the Early Access is already set in stone. Thanks for posting.

I'm not sure if the Phase 4 open beta has been decided upon yet. That is the date that everyone is impatiently waiting for!
#9 Jul 18 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
**
259 posts
If that is indeed true, then Open Beta has to start on the 9th. Assuming they continue the trend of starting Betas on a Friday and plan to have Open Beta run for a week. I guess they could do the weekend only style of Beta for Open Beta and have it be from the 16th to the 18th, but just one 2 day session of Open Beta seems weird if they actually plan to have PvP and Housing testing. With fresh characters, no one except legacy members will even be able to do any PvP or dabble in housing within 2 days.
#10 Jul 18 2013 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
I thought this was already known. One week before official release.

Yeah, I don't remember where I saw it, but I recall seeing information from an official source (FFXIV web site) a while ago that the early access period was one week.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#11 Jul 18 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Arjuncorpse wrote:
If that is indeed true, then Open Beta has to start on the 9th. Assuming they continue the trend of starting Betas on a Friday and plan to have Open Beta run for a week. I guess they could do the weekend only style of Beta for Open Beta and have it be from the 16th to the 18th, but just one 2 day session of Open Beta seems weird if they actually plan to have PvP and Housing testing. With fresh characters, no one except legacy members will even be able to do any PvP or dabble in housing within 2 days.


Yep. Aug 1st is the Benchmark, 8th is the live letter which will announce the date for P4, which will be exactly 1 week long, then a few days break, then early access.

____________________________


#12 Jul 18 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
svlyons wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
I thought this was already known. One week before official release.

Yeah, I don't remember where I saw it, but I recall seeing information from an official source (FFXIV web site) a while ago that the early access period was one week.

Posting this again since it looks like everyone missed it lol
http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w653/urzol/earlyaccess_zps5000a930.jpg
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#13 Jul 18 2013 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
488 posts
Yea one week is usually 7 days before launch.
#14 Jul 18 2013 at 2:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
Yep, good news. Apparently people are having some trouble getting their hands on the CE for ps3. Sold out almost everywhere, even from SE. Luckily there still seems to be the PC version from SE.

Does anyone remember if 1.0 had that same issue? I definitely remember people were able to buy the CE months after with no problem though.
#15 Jul 18 2013 at 2:48 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
GDLYL wrote:
Yep, good news. Apparently people are having some trouble getting their hands on the CE for ps3. Sold out almost everywhere, even from SE. Luckily there still seems to be the PC version from SE.

Does anyone remember if 1.0 had that same issue? I definitely remember people were able to buy the CE months after with no problem though.


Quite the opposite. There are STILL a fair number of copies of 1.0 CE that were never purchased. It's a very good sign to the see the game as popular as it is in terms of sales, and even better that the PS3 sales have been so great. Anything that increases the size of the community in this game is a good thing imo.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#16 Jul 18 2013 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
**
259 posts
GDLYL wrote:
Yep, good news. Apparently people are having some trouble getting their hands on the CE for ps3. Sold out almost everywhere, even from SE. Luckily there still seems to be the PC version from SE.

Does anyone remember if 1.0 had that same issue? I definitely remember people were able to buy the CE months after with no problem though.


I had preorderd the 1.0 CE from best Buy and had it ship to store. My biggest motivation was to get the early access. I go to best Buy the day its supposed to be out and they tell me the shipment has been delayed, but I'll get it in a week. I asked for my money back, went to a nearby Gamestop and asked if they had any CE's. They had 6 in stock.
#17 Jul 18 2013 at 4:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
BartelX wrote:
GDLYL wrote:
Yep, good news. Apparently people are having some trouble getting their hands on the CE for ps3. Sold out almost everywhere, even from SE. Luckily there still seems to be the PC version from SE.

Does anyone remember if 1.0 had that same issue? I definitely remember people were able to buy the CE months after with no problem though.


Quite the opposite. There are STILL a fair number of copies of 1.0 CE that were never purchased. It's a very good sign to the see the game as popular as it is in terms of sales, and even better that the PS3 sales have been so great. Anything that increases the size of the community in this game is a good thing imo.


Yep
I
Agree
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 98 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (97)