Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Digital Upgrade to CE for PS3?Follow

#1 Jul 21 2013 at 6:02 PM Rating: Default
*
78 posts
Does anyone know if the Digital Upgrade will work for PS3?

Toys R Us is still selling the PS3 CE that comes with the digital items. However it does not come with the early access.

So my choice is to stick with the standard PS3 version from Amazon and have the early access and upgrade if available or order CE from Toys R Us and gain the in game items but lose the early access?

I believe the in game items are worth more to me than a week of early access, however if I will still have the ability to get the in game items at launch I will just stick with the current standard PS3 order.
#2 Jul 21 2013 at 6:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
30 posts
I was under the impression that all pre orders came with early access
#3 Jul 21 2013 at 6:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
Yea dude, that doesn't sound like any CE I've ever heard of.... No early access? Sounds like they don't know what they are talking about.
#4 Jul 21 2013 at 6:54 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
65 posts
I'm actually in the same position as the OP. The only PS3 CE's left aren't available from the list of participating SE retailers (Amazon, Game Stop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, SE Store), so that means they don't come with the pre-order bonuses. That is, any CE bought from a different retailer doesn't come with early access, the cait sith minion, or moogle hat. You'll get all the CE items however.

As to the OP's question, I think the Digital CE Upgrade will work with the PS3 version.

From the FFXIV Pricing/Platforms page: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Quote:
** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.


Since it's an account upgrade, I think it will be applied directly to your FFXIV service account. Meaning it should work with PC or PS3. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

I think I've decided to pre-order the standard edition myself, but I'm still trying to figure out if the digital CE is worth $19.99 without anything physical to show for it.
#5 Jul 21 2013 at 8:12 PM Rating: Decent
**
924 posts
Direct from SE's official page:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index
Quote:
Please note that the pre-order bonus codes are different for the Playstation 3 and Windows versions. Also, please be aware that the number of early access codes will be limited and distribution will cease when the limit has been reached.

* The pre-order bonus code distribution timing and method may vary depending on the retailer.


I'm sorry to say that it would have been to pre-order when it became available last month :(
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#6 Jul 21 2013 at 8:34 PM Rating: Default
*
78 posts
Just a quick history, i pre-ordered PS3 CE the day it was announced. however the card i used was lost and since replaced. Since they have not charged me for the purchase yet i can only assume the purchase will not go through when they charge me later. As a result I had to order again, i ordered from Amazon the other day and did receive the standard pre-order email with my codes to enter later. So i believe pre-order codes may still be available. However it appears that not all vendors selling the game can issue pre-order codes.

I have sent an email to Toys R Us support to confirm but there is nothing on the product page about the pre-order bonus.

#7 Jul 21 2013 at 8:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
65 posts
Elionara wrote:
Direct from SE's official page:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index
Quote:
Please note that the pre-order bonus codes are different for the Playstation 3 and Windows versions. Also, please be aware that the number of early access codes will be limited and distribution will cease when the limit has been reached.

* The pre-order bonus code distribution timing and method may vary depending on the retailer.


I'm sorry to say that it would have been to pre-order when it became available last month :(


I think this relates only to the codes that come directly with each respective version of the game. The CE Digital Upgrade seems to be another, after-the-fact option that requires you to have already purchased the game.

#8 Jul 21 2013 at 8:59 PM Rating: Good
*
153 posts
elrocco wrote:
Does anyone know if the Digital Upgrade will work for PS3?

Toys R Us is still selling the PS3 CE that comes with the digital items. However it does not come with the early access.

So my choice is to stick with the standard PS3 version from Amazon and have the early access and upgrade if available or order CE from Toys R Us and gain the in game items but lose the early access?

I believe the in game items are worth more to me than a week of early access, however if I will still have the ability to get the in game items at launch I will just stick with the current standard PS3 order.



Do we know what status benefits come with the early access items, such as the helmet? I'm assuming the barding etc won't have any benefit beyond aesthetic value.


Edited, Jul 21st 2013 11:00pm by ClydesShadow
#9 Jul 21 2013 at 10:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
65 posts
So the Bonuses look like this.

If you pre-order the standard version, you get Early Access, a Cait Sith Minion, and a Mog Cap.

If you buy the Collector's Edition, you get a Helm of Light, a Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Chocobo Barding, and a Baby Behemoth Minion.

If you pre-order the Collector's Edition, you get all of the above.

Out of all of those bonuses, the only things that aren't just aesthetic are the Mog Cap and Helm of Light. For those, I'd expect maybe a light exp bonus for low level jobs and something fun to wear. Definitely nothing game breaking.
#10 Jul 22 2013 at 10:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
What ever happened to them adding the digital download collectors addition for the PS3? has not happened yet.. The full box CE version for the ps3 is sold out.
That could hurt and make people angry if they don't release one. I have friends that didn't want the box versions which was stated would only be limited. but wanted only the downloadable ps3 version because it was cheaper and they didn't want the cards and stuff but wanted the in-game items..

Edited, Jul 22nd 2013 2:08pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#11 Jul 22 2013 at 11:25 AM Rating: Default
*
78 posts
After reading the the offical site notes it looks like digital upgrade will be for both platforms. However I cannot be 100% sure. But if true this worked out best considering I will save $20 in the end. Although I would like to have the Seventh Umbral movie.
#12 Jul 22 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
elrocco wrote:
After reading the the offical site notes it looks like digital upgrade will be for both platforms. However I cannot be 100% sure. But if true this worked out best considering I will save $20 in the end. Although I would like to have the Seventh Umbral movie.


Digital upgrade is for v1.0 people.

Quote:
** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.


since you have to own the original game I doubt it will be for the ps3.

Edited, Jul 22nd 2013 2:07pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#13 Jul 22 2013 at 1:19 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
65 posts
Nashred wrote:


Quote:
** The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to digital Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.


since you have to own the original game I doubt it will be for the ps3.


I'm not reading this quite the same way. The Pricing/Platform page doesn't specify a platform or version for the digital upgrade, nor do the notes. It simply says that if you've already purchased a CE, you don't need to purchase the upgrade. I can't imagine SE leaving the PS3 out of the loop on this even if only for the fact that it might annoy hardcore Japanese collectors. My guess is they release the PS3 digital info along with the FFXIV Service Center website they mention in the notes.
#14 Jul 23 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
3,210 posts
You should be able to play your account on Ps3 or PC regardless on what you originally purchased.

The digital upgrade is only for the PC account in a way that it doesn't offer a ps3 download, but if you get the upgrade, and have access to the ps3 software then the upgrade will still be on your account if you play on the ps3.
____________________________
"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever"
Astrid Rayne
22 CNJ
27 WVR
21 BOT
#15 Jul 23 2013 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
elrocco wrote:
Does anyone know if the Digital Upgrade will work for PS3?

Toys R Us is still selling the PS3 CE that comes with the digital items. However it does not come with the early access.

So my choice is to stick with the standard PS3 version from Amazon and have the early access and upgrade if available or order CE from Toys R Us and gain the in game items but lose the early access?

I believe the in game items are worth more to me than a week of early access, however if I will still have the ability to get the in game items at launch I will just stick with the current standard PS3 order.


Amazon has the ps3 CE available again.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#16 Jul 23 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Default
*
78 posts
I can confirm Amazon is offering the PS3 collectors edition again. I have cancelled my standard edition and ordered the collectors addition. I also received my pre-order code in a matter of minutes.
#17 Jul 23 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
Imios wrote:
You should be able to play your account on Ps3 or PC regardless on what you originally purchased.

The digital upgrade is only for the PC account in a way that it doesn't offer a ps3 download, but if you get the upgrade, and have access to the ps3 software then the upgrade will still be on your account if you play on the ps3.


I guess that's true. but requires you to still buy a ps3 version.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CDT
Hyrist, Anonymous Guests (58)