Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Letter from the Producer, XLVIII (07/25/2013) Follow

#27 Jul 25 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
svlyons wrote:

  • Geldhests (or however it's spelled)


  • OH GOD WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR A GELDHEST!?

    Quote:

    geld·ing
    [gel-ding]
    noun
    1. a castrated male animal, especially a horse.
    2. a eunuch.


    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 11:56am by Louiscool
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    #28 Jul 25 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Decent
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Hmm so youll reach level 50 by the end of the story... thats good to know when youre leveling your first job to 50 but what about multiple jobs? how do you get that second, third fourth or fifth job to 50? surely you cant start over and complete teh story on each job?

    I like how theyve pretty much confirmed difficult battles. What i DONT like however is difficult battles being the same thing we fought before just on "hard mode" (yes i know about crystal tower and bahamut but still) come on SE show a little creativity, this IS coming from a company whos made 15 sequels to a franchise (more if you count spin offs and direct sequels) with completely new stories and worlds in each with none being connected to the other, so theyve proven theyre VERY familiar with being creative. (or is diverse teh right word to use?)

    Lastly he mentioned "(The quest name in parenthesis came from a debug command, so no need to decipher it.)" Did anyone catch what it was? because I didnt.


    I think you're taking that a bit too far... They mentioned examples and you're already upset...



    how does "I dunno about you but Im literally gonan **** my pants in excitement when and if i EVER see "FFXIV" and "too hard" in the same sentence," translate to "upset"?
    #29 Jul 25 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Default
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    svlyons wrote:

  • Geldhests (or however it's spelled)


  • OH GOD WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR A GELDHEST!?

    Quote:

    geld·ing
    [gel-ding]
    noun
    1. a castrated male animal, especially a horse.
    2. a eunuch.


    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 11:56am by Louiscool




    lol that was so funny im literally choking
    #30 Jul 25 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
    Avatar
    **
    725 posts
    Question: are any of you able to zoom in on what classes the players were in the fight with Titan? I'm curious. My pc is too weak and I couldn't make out what the symbols meant. Thanks.
    ____________________________
    http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

    Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
    World: Ultros
    #31DuoMaxwellxx, Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 9:59 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) youre right thats why you beat it PRE nerf so you can be one of the "cool kids" before its watered down for the "its too hard and Ill never get passed this and get my super cool ring and sea access" kids
    #32 Jul 25 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,599 posts
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Hmm so youll reach level 50 by the end of the story... thats good to know when youre leveling your first job to 50 but what about multiple jobs? how do you get that second, third fourth or fifth job to 50? surely you cant start over and complete teh story on each job?

    I like how theyve pretty much confirmed difficult battles. What i DONT like however is difficult battles being the same thing we fought before just on "hard mode" (yes i know about crystal tower and bahamut but still) come on SE show a little creativity, this IS coming from a company whos made 15 sequels to a franchise (more if you count spin offs and direct sequels) with completely new stories and worlds in each with none being connected to the other, so theyve proven theyre VERY familiar with being creative. (or is diverse teh right word to use?)

    Lastly he mentioned "(The quest name in parenthesis came from a debug command, so no need to decipher it.)" Did anyone catch what it was? because I didnt.


    I think you're taking that a bit too far... They mentioned examples and you're already upset...



    how does "I dunno about you but Im literally gonan **** my pants in excitement when and if i EVER see "FFXIV" and "too hard" in the same sentence," translate to "upset"?


    Ha, sorry Duo, should have been more specific. I meant about recycled content. There will only be what.. 5 primals that are part of the main story? This pattern was already established in 1.0, so they were kinda limited in options. Like, what do they do with existing primal weapons? They want them to be part of the story, but you would have to nerf our current weapons into obvlivion (level 20 weapons) or make the same hard modes available.

    It's just more content, not "the only content." We still have Behemoth, King Moogle, Odin, Siren, Whatever that 3 -headed dragon thing is, Ultima, Omega (presumed), and whatever else they decide to throw at us.
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    #33 Jul 25 2013 at 10:06 AM Rating: Excellent
    ******
    49,740 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    OH GOD WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR A GELDHEST!?
    Rabbi Tuckman seemed like such a erlekh mensch, too.
    ____________________________
    George Carlin wrote:
    I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
    #34 Jul 25 2013 at 10:09 AM Rating: Default
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Hmm so youll reach level 50 by the end of the story... thats good to know when youre leveling your first job to 50 but what about multiple jobs? how do you get that second, third fourth or fifth job to 50? surely you cant start over and complete teh story on each job?

    I like how theyve pretty much confirmed difficult battles. What i DONT like however is difficult battles being the same thing we fought before just on "hard mode" (yes i know about crystal tower and bahamut but still) come on SE show a little creativity, this IS coming from a company whos made 15 sequels to a franchise (more if you count spin offs and direct sequels) with completely new stories and worlds in each with none being connected to the other, so theyve proven theyre VERY familiar with being creative. (or is diverse teh right word to use?)

    Lastly he mentioned "(The quest name in parenthesis came from a debug command, so no need to decipher it.)" Did anyone catch what it was? because I didnt.


    I think you're taking that a bit too far... They mentioned examples and you're already upset...



    how does "I dunno about you but Im literally gonan **** my pants in excitement when and if i EVER see "FFXIV" and "too hard" in the same sentence," translate to "upset"?


    Ha, sorry Duo, should have been more specific. I meant about recycled content. There will only be what.. 5 primals that are part of the main story? This pattern was already established in 1.0, so they were kinda limited in options. Like, what do they do with existing primal weapons? They want them to be part of the story, but you would have to nerf our current weapons into obvlivion (level 20 weapons) or make the same hard modes available.

    It's just more content, not "the only content." We still have Behemoth, King Moogle, Odin, Siren, Whatever that 3 -headed dragon thing is, Ultima, Omega (presumed), and whatever else they decide to throw at us.



    correct me if im wrong but I do believe that the primals arent the only fights in FFXIV that had difficulty settings and i think that "three headed dragon things" is Hydra? :p
    #35 Jul 25 2013 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    ***
    3,599 posts
    I've no doubt some other things will have difficulty settings, as 1.0 had them. But, as in 1.0.. the difficulty you had to choose from was:

    >Hard
    >OMFGWHYITBURNS
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    #36 Jul 25 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Default
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    I've no doubt some other things will have difficulty settings, as 1.0 had them. But, as in 1.0.. the difficulty you had to choose from was:

    >Hard
    >OMFGWHYITBURNS



    and if Hard was what was needed for relic weapons then what did "OMFGWHYITBURNS" get you? lol
    #37 Jul 25 2013 at 11:06 AM Rating: Good
    ****
    5,745 posts
    Ehllfire wrote:
    Even if they launch hard, they wont stay hard. Eventually they will get nerfed in difficulty, it happens in every game.

    If it does indeed happen "in every game", I think it's because that's the right approach to take. It's highly unlikely that things will be released in a perfect state. You would probably get more upset customers if you increase the difficulty of content after launch than you would if you decreased difficulty. So if you're going to err in one direction or the other, it's probably better to make things a bit harder than you might think it should be.
    ____________________________
    Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

    FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
    1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
    #38 Jul 25 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
    Scholar
    ***
    3,599 posts
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    I've no doubt some other things will have difficulty settings, as 1.0 had them. But, as in 1.0.. the difficulty you had to choose from was:

    >Hard
    >OMFGWHYITBURNS



    and if Hard was what was needed for relic weapons then what did "OMFGWHYITBURNS" get you? lol


    OMFGWHYITBURNS was for relics actually..

    Ifrit Extreme, Garuda Extreme, and all three dungeons had to be completed in 17 minutes or less just for one item to drop.... which was completely unthinkable prior to the relic release (a VERY good run would take about 30?)

    Yeahhhh... Don't mistake the speed in which some dedicated individuals obtained a relic for "easy". Those dudes are hardcore.
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    #39 Jul 25 2013 at 11:15 AM Rating: Default
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    I've no doubt some other things will have difficulty settings, as 1.0 had them. But, as in 1.0.. the difficulty you had to choose from was:

    >Hard
    >OMFGWHYITBURNS



    and if Hard was what was needed for relic weapons then what did "OMFGWHYITBURNS" get you? lol


    OMFGWHYITBURNS was for relics actually..

    Ifrit Extreme, Garuda Extreme, and all three dungeons had to be completed in 17 minutes or less just for one item to drop.... which was completely unthinkable prior to the relic release (a VERY good run would take about 30?)

    Yeahhhh... Don't mistake the speed in which some dedicated individuals obtained a relic for "easy". Those dudes are hardcore.



    still "easy" considering FFXI hardcore players could gain relics a the same speed as FFXIV relic. heck I would say hardcore FFXI players would take 5 times the amount of time to get relic than hardcore FFXIV players.


    FFXIV relic seemed to require more skill than grinding while FFXI relic seemed more grinding oriented, and tell Ill take a test of skill over a test of patience anyday (even though i have 2 relic weapons on FFXI and even unlocked a Mythic.. back when the cap was still 75)
    #40 Jul 25 2013 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
    **
    259 posts
    When he says, "in hard mode you'll need eight players to take him down. Just wait until you see the extreme mode battle we're working on." does he mean there is going to be a 3rd difficulty mode for the primals or is he just referring to hard mode as extreme mode?

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 1:25pm by Arjuncorpse
    #41 Jul 25 2013 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
    Avatar
    **
    655 posts
    Arjuncorpse wrote:
    When he says, "in hard mode you'll need eight players to take him down. Just wait until you see the extreme mode battle we're working on." does he mean there is going to be a 3rd difficulty mode for the primals or is he just referring to hard mode as extreme mode?

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 1:25pm by Arjuncorpse


    The way I see it is Reg > Hard > Extream all different things.
    #42 Jul 25 2013 at 12:49 PM Rating: Default
    Avatar
    **
    488 posts
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    svlyons wrote:

  • Geldhests (or however it's spelled)


  • OH GOD WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR A GELDHEST!?

    Quote:

    geld·ing
    [gel-ding]
    noun
    1. a castrated male animal, especially a horse.
    2. a eunuch.


    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 11:56am by Louiscool




    lol that was so funny im literally choking


    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    I've no doubt some other things will have difficulty settings, as 1.0 had them. But, as in 1.0.. the difficulty you had to choose from was:

    >Hard
    >OMFGWHYITBURNS



    and if Hard was what was needed for relic weapons then what did "OMFGWHYITBURNS" get you? lol


    OMFGWHYITBURNS was for relics actually..

    Ifrit Extreme, Garuda Extreme, and all three dungeons had to be completed in 17 minutes or less just for one item to drop.... which was completely unthinkable prior to the relic release (a VERY good run would take about 30?)

    Yeahhhh... Don't mistake the speed in which some dedicated individuals obtained a relic for "easy". Those dudes are hardcore.

    If you haven't noticed Duo thinks he is one of those "very good player"
    #43DuoMaxwellxx, Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 1:05 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) well lets see played FFXI 5+ years.... beat CoP pre nerf as a thief despite it being "impossible" and thief being "useless" for CoP, had two relic weapons, and Ive never been kicked out of a party/event for being crappy nor has anyone in my 5+ years of playing ever called me crappy in fact Id get tells for party invites when I wasnt seeking and theyd say "Yeah theres a million other people you job seeking right now but I decided to ask someone that i KNOW is good before taking a chance with randoms i know nothing about who probably couldnt even get us at LEAST 10k exp an hour" (and these werent LS mates either as I refused to join one.. I just did freelance work with/for other LSes (without officially joining) when they needed spots filled and in turn it would get me what I wanted/needed). Oh and literally everyday for that 5+ years i played 12 hours a day that would mean in a 5 year time span 912 1/2 days was spent logged in which means 2 1/2 of those 5 years was spend online. point being with that amount of dedication if i WASNT very good then i probably shoulda spent that time getting much more productive things accomplished wouldnt you agree? If i WASNT that good well everyone on my server seemed to do a wonderful enough acting job to at least make me THINK I was.
    #44 Jul 25 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
    Anterograde Amnesia
    Avatar
    *****
    12,363 posts
    Knock off the e-peen ******** both of you or I'll start muting people.
    ____________________________
    "Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
    Keyser Soze - Ultros
    Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
    #45 Jul 25 2013 at 1:22 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,599 posts
    Yeah, I mean XIV relics, mythic, empy are all about steady progress. They are gated, essentially. Keep in mind, these relics should be thought of as Stage 1 or 2 relics. They will be upgraded (confirmed) so...

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 3:22pm by Louiscool
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    #46 Jul 25 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Default
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    Yeah, I mean XIV relics, mythic, empy are all about steady progress. They are gated, essentially. Keep in mind, these relics should be thought of as Stage 1 or 2 relics. They will be upgraded (confirmed) so...

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 3:22pm by Louiscool



    I hope so considering the stats i see on teh current complete weapons dont look all that spectacular or worth the effort they take to gain, especially when compared to what the FFXI relics give you
    #47 Jul 25 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,599 posts
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    Yeah, I mean XIV relics, mythic, empy are all about steady progress. They are gated, essentially. Keep in mind, these relics should be thought of as Stage 1 or 2 relics. They will be upgraded (confirmed) so...

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 3:22pm by Louiscool



    I hope so considering the stats i see on teh current complete weapons dont look all that spectacular or worth the effort they take to gain, especially when compared to what the FFXI relics give you


    I think that if you compare 14 to 11, you will be perpetually disappointed.
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    #48 Jul 25 2013 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
    Avatar
    **
    725 posts
    Grandmomma wrote:
    Question: are any of you able to zoom in on what classes the players were in the fight with Titan? I'm curious. My pc is too weak and I couldn't make out what the symbols meant. Thanks.



    Anyone???
    ____________________________
    http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

    Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
    World: Ultros
    #49 Jul 25 2013 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
    ***
    2,120 posts
    silverhope wrote:
    I understand why they test the gamepad more just thought they would wanna balance the two together so like you said people would just play what they like.

    Many posts on the beta forums from people who switch to gamepad cuz the game feels more alive and fast paced than KB+m. Its a hard thing to balance . If you make it faster for kbm than its to fast for gamepad if its good for gamepad than its to slow for kbm.

    Some people want ffxi style slow combat zone want wow/ year speed .

    I'm confused how 1 feels so much more alive and faster paced than the other.
    #50 Jul 25 2013 at 2:47 PM Rating: Decent
    ****
    5,038 posts
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    Yeah, I mean XIV relics, mythic, empy are all about steady progress. They are gated, essentially. Keep in mind, these relics should be thought of as Stage 1 or 2 relics. They will be upgraded (confirmed) so...

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 3:22pm by Louiscool



    I hope so considering the stats i see on teh current complete weapons dont look all that spectacular or worth the effort they take to gain, especially when compared to what the FFXI relics give you


    I think that if you compare 14 to 11, you will be perpetually disappointed.



    Ive known that since 1.0 first launched lol. But still something that take months to procure (as opposed to ffxi's years) should still offer significant traits and benefits over something you can get in a few days aside from maybe a higher damage output... sooo hopefully when teh relic upgrades hit we'll start seeing those kinda things
    #51 Jul 25 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Decent
    Scholar
    ***
    3,599 posts
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
    Louiscool wrote:
    Yeah, I mean XIV relics, mythic, empy are all about steady progress. They are gated, essentially. Keep in mind, these relics should be thought of as Stage 1 or 2 relics. They will be upgraded (confirmed) so...

    Edited, Jul 25th 2013 3:22pm by Louiscool



    I hope so considering the stats i see on teh current complete weapons dont look all that spectacular or worth the effort they take to gain, especially when compared to what the FFXI relics give you


    I think that if you compare 14 to 11, you will be perpetually disappointed.



    Ive known that since 1.0 first launched lol. But still something that take months to procure (as opposed to ffxi's years) should still offer significant traits and benefits over something you can get in a few days aside from maybe a higher damage output... sooo hopefully when teh relic upgrades hit we'll start seeing those kinda things


    No doubt. I read that the weapon progression will be Primal > Relic > Crystal Tower > Bahamut > ??? > Relic Upgrade > Mythic

    All speculation but there was many mentions of Mythic weapons for which the servers are named after (Excalibur, Masamune, Raganark) and I would assume THESE would be much harder to obtain, while the current relics are glorified AF weapons.
    ____________________________

    [ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
    Reply To Thread

    Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

     

    Recent Visitors: 230 All times are in CDT
    Anonymous Guests (230)