Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Registration of the pre-order bonus code Thursday AUG 8Follow

#1 Aug 02 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LINK

Quote:


FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Code Registration Page


Registration of the pre-order bonus code is scheduled to begin on Thursday, August 8, 2013.



____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#2 Aug 02 2013 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
If this is true, we might have access to our pre-order items for beta. I hope so.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#3 Aug 02 2013 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
725 posts
Thanks!
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#4 Aug 02 2013 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
LINK

Quote:


FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Pre-Order Code Registration Page


Registration of the pre-order bonus code is scheduled to begin on Thursday, August 8, 2013.





Hmm.... Smiley: nod
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#5 Aug 02 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
159 posts
Opps posted the same.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?63993
Ragnarok
Soratachi
#6 Aug 02 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
377 posts
WOOHOO!!!
____________________________
What? Did you expect something witty?

The Kraken Club - FC on Ultros
Arylin Moonsong - Ultros
Mimiroo Underhill - Ultros
#7 Aug 02 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
304 posts
Awesome! Where did you get that message?
____________________________
WoW:
Tsunamoo, Level 80 Tauren Druid on Tichondrius
*Insert other 5 80's here* -NOT IMPORTANT- ^ MAIN
-------
FFXIV:
Jin Lagun, @ Bodhum

#8 Aug 02 2013 at 9:47 AM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
So this is just for the bonus items, or for the game as well?
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#9 Aug 02 2013 at 10:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Manikku wrote:
Awesome! Where did you get that message?


I got it from Reddit

____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#10 Aug 05 2013 at 2:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Looking at this and seeing it go with the timing of the beta two things come to mind.

1) We can use these items in the Beta, which someone said.
2) Possible, those that forgot to register for phase 4, might, get an opportunity to get it by entering this code. Like it triggers an email for the beta.

One or the other. why else would they let you do it 1 day before the emending beta release? Just giving hope to those that took the leap and preordered but forgot to sign up.
#11 Aug 05 2013 at 2:44 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Sweet cant wait to apply the preorder/early access code to my 1.0 account. Looks like the 17th will likely be the start then.
____________________________
BANNED
#13 Aug 05 2013 at 2:56 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Looks like the 17th will likely be the start then.



based on??

An educated guess supported by what we know.
____________________________
BANNED
#15 Aug 05 2013 at 3:11 PM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Looks like the 17th will likely be the start then.



based on??

An educated guess supported by what we know.


Considering we don't know anything, it's just a guess. My guess is that open beta starts before the 17th. Not necessarily the 9th like people think, but before the 17th.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#16 Aug 05 2013 at 3:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
159 posts
A few days and we will know.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?63993
Ragnarok
Soratachi
#17 Aug 05 2013 at 3:29 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Looks like the 17th will likely be the start then.



based on??

An educated guess supported by what we know.



you mean guess...... cramming p4, downtime for corrections/data analysis, and Early Access into 10 days would be incredibly uneducated... .anytime between the 9th - 13th would make a lot more sense

Evidence points to 5 day phase 4, and a 3 day early access. Its not like they need to test anything like some people believe.
____________________________
BANNED
#18 Aug 05 2013 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Once we hear how long Early Access (EA) is, we can make a better determination of when P4 will start. The only thing that determines this is, how long is early access and how long will it take to debug from P4 to EA or Ea to release? Then you can just work backward.

Is it 3day or is it 7days?

Why does that matter? Because Early Access is (it better be) exclusive to the pre-order people. If EA is 7days then you have to start P4 on the 9th or 10th. Is less than 7days for P4 worth it? If EA is 7 days, assuming P4 is 7days or more, you would have to start on the 13th and that is not including any days between P4 and EA or EA and release.

If you add 3 days between all that, you have no choice to start on or around the 9th or 10th... If EA is less than 7days, subtract and add accordingly.

That, my friends, is an educated guess, based solely on assumptions, lol, and a good one too.


Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:46pm by WFOAssassin
#19 Aug 05 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
**
259 posts
People seem to think a long bug fixing/data analysis phase is needed between P4 and EA. Any bugs, glitches etc found in P4 will be pushed to launch/post launch patches anyway. Plus, P4 is basically intended to be a stress test, you don't need more than a week for that. Having only a couple days between P4 and EA isn't a crazy thought.

My guess is Aug 16-Aug 21 P4(Going with a Friday start as most phases have been). Then Aug 23 for Early Access. Again a Friday.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:51pm by Arjuncorpse
#20 Aug 05 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Arjuncorpse wrote:
People seem to think a long bug fixing/data analysis phase is needed between P4 and EA. Any bugs, glitches etc found in P4 will be pushed to launch/post launch patches anyway. Plus, P4 is basically intended to be a stress test, you don't need more than a week for that. Having only a couple days between P4 and EA isn't a crazy thought.

My guess is Aug 16-Aug 21 P4(Going with a Friday start as most phases have been). Then Aug 23 for Early Access. Again a Friday.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:51pm by Arjuncorpse



That works for me but if any phase is longer, it will be this weekend. You're right in that they won't fix anything but critical bugs. So, whats the point of P4 then? Just to let a few thousand more people try the game out? I guess that's a good idea too. That and make sure the fixes from P3 are working. Cool story.
#21 Aug 05 2013 at 4:00 PM Rating: Decent
**
487 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
Arjuncorpse wrote:
People seem to think a long bug fixing/data analysis phase is needed between P4 and EA. Any bugs, glitches etc found in P4 will be pushed to launch/post launch patches anyway. Plus, P4 is basically intended to be a stress test, you don't need more than a week for that. Having only a couple days between P4 and EA isn't a crazy thought.

My guess is Aug 16-Aug 21 P4(Going with a Friday start as most phases have been). Then Aug 23 for Early Access. Again a Friday.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:51pm by Arjuncorpse



That works for me but if any phase is longer, it will be this weekend. You're right in that they won't fix anything but critical bugs. So, whats the point of P4 then? Just to let a few thousand more people try the game out? I guess that's a good idea too. That and make sure the fixes from P3 are working. Cool story.

Yoshi has stated phase four was in all intents, is a free trial period.
____________________________
BANNED
#23 Aug 05 2013 at 4:12 PM Rating: Decent
**
487 posts
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Arjuncorpse wrote:
People seem to think a long bug fixing/data analysis phase is needed between P4 and EA. Any bugs, glitches etc found in P4 will be pushed to launch/post launch patches anyway. Plus, P4 is basically intended to be a stress test, you don't need more than a week for that. Having only a couple days between P4 and EA isn't a crazy thought.

My guess is Aug 16-Aug 21 P4(Going with a Friday start as most phases have been). Then Aug 23 for Early Access. Again a Friday.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:51pm by Arjuncorpse


Then why have p4??.... just make it all early access if ur not testing/adjusting anything

Because its a server stress test/free trial, not a bug hunt.
____________________________
BANNED
#25 Aug 05 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
**
487 posts
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Arjuncorpse wrote:
People seem to think a long bug fixing/data analysis phase is needed between P4 and EA. Any bugs, glitches etc found in P4 will be pushed to launch/post launch patches anyway. Plus, P4 is basically intended to be a stress test, you don't need more than a week for that. Having only a couple days between P4 and EA isn't a crazy thought.

My guess is Aug 16-Aug 21 P4(Going with a Friday start as most phases have been). Then Aug 23 for Early Access. Again a Friday.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:51pm by Arjuncorpse


Then why have p4??.... just make it all early access if ur not testing/adjusting anything

Because its a server stress test/free trial, not a bug hunt.


Again.... why have P4??? u didnt answer that.... a sever stress test could be done during early release....

Because open beta is typically server stress times. You cant stress the server with less than full servers like in closed beta. As for your question, you'd have to ask SE, instead of killing the messenger
____________________________
BANNED
#26 Aug 05 2013 at 4:37 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
Arjuncorpse wrote:
People seem to think a long bug fixing/data analysis phase is needed between P4 and EA. Any bugs, glitches etc found in P4 will be pushed to launch/post launch patches anyway. Plus, P4 is basically intended to be a stress test, you don't need more than a week for that. Having only a couple days between P4 and EA isn't a crazy thought.

My guess is Aug 16-Aug 21 P4(Going with a Friday start as most phases have been). Then Aug 23 for Early Access. Again a Friday.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 5:51pm by Arjuncorpse


Then why have p4??.... just make it all early access if ur not testing/adjusting anything

Because its a server stress test/free trial, not a bug hunt.


Again.... why have P4??? u didnt answer that.... a sever stress test could be done during early release....


because for about the last 3-5 years, open betas have become used less for testing, and more for marketing. at this point, open betas are essentially release quality candidates with all major bugs squashed already and all features in (although subject to tweaking). of course they will be stress testing, now having the most players on their servers concurrently to date; it would be pretty risky/foolish behavior to wait to do a stress test at release, especially in this game's case.

Edited, Aug 5th 2013 6:38pm by Llester
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 101 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (101)