Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

So Legacy players will not get the pre-order bonus?Follow

#1 Aug 02 2013 at 11:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
So as I understand it it seems that Legacy players do not get any of the bonus items that come with pre-ordering ARR but they do get any new in-game items that come with just buying the game and early access? Just trying to be clear here. I am a Legacy player, which items would I be missing out on?

If I were forced to pre-order the game even though I am getting it for free, then could I apply any of those pre-order bonuses to my account that I already have? I know this seems like a weird question but I just have to ask. Thanks.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 4:00pm by Wint Lock Thread: My perogative
#2 Aug 02 2013 at 11:40 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,145 posts
Which version of 1.0 did you purchase, the normal version or the CE?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#3 Aug 03 2013 at 12:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Which version of 1.0 did you purchase, the normal version or the CE?


I purchased the CE of 1.0.
#4 Aug 03 2013 at 3:03 AM Rating: Good
***
1,112 posts
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d

Quote:

Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition

Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#5 Aug 03 2013 at 3:30 AM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Right, you only get the pre order items (mog hat and caith sith pet) if you pre ordered ARR, although I guess you could argue that being a legacy player is like pre pre ordering.

I've no idea if you could cheese those items onto a legacy account by entering a pre order code...



Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 5:32am by KarlHungis
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#6 Aug 03 2013 at 3:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
Do you get items exclusive to pre-ordering the game without pre-ordering the game?

If I buy a sandwich without cheese do I get the cheese?
#7 Aug 03 2013 at 7:10 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
340 posts
The way I understood it, was that you could pre-order a game copy, and you would receive an emailed code. This code can be applied to any FF14 service account. Thus allowing you to get your items on a legacy/pre-existing account. However, you're then stuck with an extra account (which isn't a huge deal if you have friends that you could convince to join.) The question to ask? Is a mog helm, cait sith pet, and 3 days of early release worth $30 to you. (Striked out because Legacy gets that bonus).
____________________________
WoW Blackhand-US-Date of Retirement: 9/21/2010... /Sigh
Devari - 90 Rogue 85 DK Druid/Mage/Warrior 70+

FFXI - Shiva "Retired.... Or not? One more try, honest."
Desmar - 65 Sam 36 Mnk 18 Thf 12 War

FFXIV - Devari Garamond - Sargatanas 50 Paladin / Culinarian / Weaver / Armorer
Beta - Devaria Ariadne - Ultros - Pugilist
#8 Aug 03 2013 at 7:13 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
Do you get items exclusive to pre-ordering the game without pre-ordering the game?

If I buy a sandwich without cheese do I get the cheese?


But what if you deserve cheese!?

Seriously though, this is very useful. Found on the Beta forum: source.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#9 Aug 03 2013 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Quistar49 wrote:
So as I understand it it seems that Legacy players do not get any of the bonus items that come with pre-ordering ARR but they do get any new in-game items that come with just buying the game and early access? Just trying to be clear here. I am a Legacy player, which items would I be missing out on?

If I were forced to pre-order the game even though I am getting it for free, then could I apply any of those pre-order bonuses to my account that I already have? I know this seems like a weird question but I just have to ask. Thanks.


Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. The 1.0 glasses are basically the same as new pre-order stuff. Lv1, increases XP gain until Lv10, defense and magic resist, etc. The new stuff is basically the same stats except +1 to another attributes. Legacy already get a free choco. So it's not really much difference when you boil it down.
#10 Aug 03 2013 at 9:38 AM Rating: Good
**
785 posts
No, you don't get the pre-order bonus if you don't

PRE-ORDER.

C'MON people.
____________________________
75Blm / 75SMN / 75BRD / 75THF
#11 Aug 03 2013 at 10:12 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
4,506 posts
NaomiCharitey wrote:
No, you don't get the pre-order bonus if you don't

PRE-ORDER.

C'MON people.

What people are saying is that they (and myself included) pre-ordered the game more than a year ago...

I'm pretty sure that Paying for something 1,5 years ago, and not being able to play it till a few weeks from now is pre-ordering.

Still, we -bought- and supported the game back when it was terrible, why wouldnt we get anything opposed to people to have not done so?
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#12 Aug 03 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:

What people are saying is that they (and myself included) pre-ordered the game more than a year ago...

I'm pretty sure that Paying for something 1,5 years ago, and not being able to play it till a few weeks from now is pre-ordering.

Still, we -bought- and supported the game back when it was terrible, why wouldnt we get anything opposed to people to have not done so?


I'm really confused now... How could you compare something you paid for 1.5 years ago to pre-ordering now? If you pre-ordered 1.0, you had ample time to play it. ARR is a brand new game and any old pre-orders shouldn't be relevant. Lastly, what are you asking for exactly? You say you supported the game when it was bad. Ok cool, so you get Legacy status, cheaper subscription, Garlond glasses, a Chocobo, name in the credits and so forth. I'm uncertain how you feel you haven't gotten enough yet. The people who are paying $80 bucks now aren't getting a deal.
#13 Aug 03 2013 at 10:45 AM Rating: Default
***
1,004 posts
to be honest it does seem a little unfair for people like myself who did pre order 1.0. Yes we get that other stuff like the light helmet and stuff, but why would i pre order a game i already own to get the new pre order bonuses? it SHOULD have been given to people who already own the game since pre ordering the game again isn't logical.

I'm not that dissapointed though, for a pet and a hat that lasts 10 levels, i think i'll manage without those items.
#14 Aug 03 2013 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
NaomiCharitey wrote:
No, you don't get the pre-order bonus if you don't

PRE-ORDER.

C'MON people.

What people are saying is that they (and myself included) pre-ordered the game more than a year ago...

I'm pretty sure that Paying for something 1,5 years ago, and not being able to play it till a few weeks from now is pre-ordering.

Still, we -bought- and supported the game back when it was terrible, why wouldnt we get anything opposed to people to have not done so?


IT'S CALLED YOU RECEIVED LEGACY STATUS!

Have to shout that because apparently it's too difficult of a concept to understand. You get a reduced subscription to the game *FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE*. You got items in 1.0~ that NO ONE outside of legacy players will ever get again. You also have a headstart (if not completely) via already leveled combat classes AND crafting classes, and finally you automatically get early access!

What more do you want!? Take off your damned entitlement panties and put on your big boy/girl underwear and open your eyes. Did you pre-order 1.0? Cool, you got those rewards for pre-ordering 1.0. Did you pre-order ARR? No? Then you don't get those rewards for pre-ordering A Realm Reborn.

This is as stupid as people that cried in WoW "I PAID FOR THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION FOR WOW 1.0!! WHY ARE YOU NOT GIVING ME THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION FOR THE EXPANSION TOO!?!?"
#15 Aug 03 2013 at 10:47 AM Rating: Good
**
785 posts
Keysofgaruda wrote:
to be honest it does seem a little unfair for people like myself who did pre order 1.0. Yes we get that other stuff like the light helmet and stuff, but why would i pre order a game i already own to get the new pre order bonuses? it SHOULD have been given to people who already own the game since pre ordering the game again isn't logical.

I'm not that dissapointed though, for a pet and a hat that lasts 10 levels, i think i'll manage without those items.


You got early access to 1.0 for preordering.

So no.

Stop being so entitled.
____________________________
75Blm / 75SMN / 75BRD / 75THF
#16 Aug 03 2013 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
You can just preorder and then cancel it.. It's shady I know but eh.

Me, I want the ps3 version so I preordered.
____________________________


#17 Aug 03 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
Wonder if it'll be the same for ps4 pre-order. I want a ps version, but since I pre-ordered a ps4, I'd rather not waste my time and ith the ps3 version.
____________________________

#18 Aug 03 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
Viertel wrote:

This is as stupid as people that cried in WoW "I PAID FOR THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION FOR WOW 1.0!! WHY ARE YOU NOT GIVING ME THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION FOR THE EXPANSION TOO!?!?"


Woah. Calm down. If you bought 1.0 CE, you get 2.0 CE items. Pre-ordered 1.0? You don't get 2.0 pre-order items. Whether it makes sens or not can be argued both ways. I think the confusion is normal.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#19 Aug 03 2013 at 11:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
Woah. Calm down. If you bought 1.0 CE, you get 2.0 CE items. Pre-ordered 1.0? You don't get 2.0 pre-order items. Whether it makes sens or not can be argued both ways. I think the confusion is normal.


I hear reading and actually understanding what is written is two entirely different concepts.
#20 Aug 03 2013 at 11:26 AM Rating: Default
***
1,004 posts
NaomiCharitey wrote:
Keysofgaruda wrote:
to be honest it does seem a little unfair for people like myself who did pre order 1.0. Yes we get that other stuff like the light helmet and stuff, but why would i pre order a game i already own to get the new pre order bonuses? it SHOULD have been given to people who already own the game since pre ordering the game again isn't logical.

I'm not that dissapointed though, for a pet and a hat that lasts 10 levels, i think i'll manage without those items.


You got early access to 1.0 for preordering.

So no.

Stop being so entitled.


it has nothing to do with entitlement. If it were any other situation besides this one, i would only have myself to blame for not receiving these items. but the fact is this game was released a few years ago where i already pre ordered and purchased the CE to final fantasy 14. It really doesn't make much sense that i would have to dish out another 30 dollars, for these 2 items.

yes you could say that i got so many things that ARR people will never get as well as early access and whatever. But that isn't the point at all. The point is they are forcing people to either pre-order a game they already own, or just not pre order at all.

Like i said in my last post, i don't really care about those 2 items. it doesn't matter to me that i wont have them. I do however, think not giving people who bought 1.0 these 2 items wasn't a smart move because having to pre order a game you already pre-ordered/bought is a little rediculous.
#21 Aug 03 2013 at 11:57 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Keysofgaruda wrote:


it has nothing to do with entitlement. If it were any other situation besides this one, i would only have myself to blame for not receiving these items. but the fact is this game was released a few years ago where i already pre ordered and purchased the CE to final fantasy 14. It really doesn't make much sense that i would have to dish out another 30 dollars, for these 2 items.

yes you could say that i got so many things that ARR people will never get as well as early access and whatever. But that isn't the point at all. The point is they are forcing people to either pre-order a game they already own, or just not pre order at all.

Like i said in my last post, i don't really care about those 2 items. it doesn't matter to me that i wont have them. I do however, think not giving people who bought 1.0 these 2 items wasn't a smart move because having to pre order a game you already pre-ordered/bought is a little rediculous.


You're missing the point. Legacy players don't need these items regardless. If you already have a pre-order helmet, these new helmets aren't going to change things. Considering that these items are for low levels and most legacy players are 20-30+, there is very little use for anyone other than town gear. On the off chance you needed an early helm for low levels, that's what your garland googles are for. It's a smart move because ARR helped give newbie players something that couldn't get from 1.0, not the other way around. The 1.0 players don't NEED anything for starting gear. They already got a free chocobo and a host of other benefits. It's ridiculous there is this entitlement mentality from so many Legacy players.

In closing, there is NO reason at all to pre-order this game IF you already have 1.0. I have a lot of friends that played 1.0 and were Legacy players and NONE of them see a point in pre-ordering for a few digital items that are essentially town gear to them. These players are focused on lv50 content since all their crafts and jobs are maxed. The community that played FFXIV 1.0 has no need for these items or pre-ordering in general.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 1:02pm by ShadowedgeFFXI
#22 Aug 03 2013 at 12:21 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:

In closing, there is NO reason at all to pre-order this game IF you already have 1.0. I have a lot of friends that played 1.0 and were Legacy players and NONE of them see a point in pre-ordering for a few digital items that are essentially town gear to them. These players are focused on lv50 content since all their crafts and jobs are maxed. The community that played FFXIV 1.0 has no need for these items or pre-ordering in general.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 1:02pm by ShadowedgeFFXI


Not entirely true, at least from what I understand (and i may be misunderstanding). I bought 1.0 CE but am not Legacy, and from what I hear, I have to pre-order again in order to get early access. I'm not freaking out about it either way. I can either pay 40$ or just be patient for a few days. But it is a reason to pre-order if you are a non-Legacy 1.0 owner who really wants that early access.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#23 Aug 03 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Llester wrote:


Not entirely true, at least from what I understand (and i may be misunderstanding). I bought 1.0 CE but am not Legacy, and from what I hear, I have to pre-order again in order to get early access. I'm not freaking out about it either way. I can either pay 40$ or just be patient for a few days. But it is a reason to pre-order if you are a non-Legacy 1.0 owner who really wants that early access.


A Legacy player only to had to pay for 3 months to gain that benefit. Those players that couldn't even play for that long weren't supporting the game nor do they deserve any perks for 2.0. ARR is a new game and it's not like it was an expansion to 1.0. I realize you're not complaining so please don't take my words the wrong way. I understand how people can feel like they've already spent enough for the first pre-order 3 years ago. The bottom line is anyone that doesn't have Legacy status that played 1.0 didn't give the game a fair chance. They deserve NOTHING because they gave NOTHING. If it wasn't for the Legacy players which I don't belong to by the way; we'd never would of witnessed the rebirth of FFXIV.

It strikes me an arrogant that so many players overall feel entitled to early access or like their getting screwed out of digital items just because they bought the 1.0 CE version. The early access bonus is only going to the Legacy players from 1.0 and the digital items are useless for anyone who has the 1.0 CE already. So I'd say it's fair and I'm tired of the complaining by people who left 1.0 so early yet they feel entitled to more benefits without contributing anything to the game. If this doesn't apply to you personally, please disregard.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 2:12pm by ShadowedgeFFXI
#24 Aug 03 2013 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:


A Legacy player only to had to pay for 3 months to gain that benefit. Those players that couldn't even play for that long weren't supporting the game nor do they deserve any perks for 2.0. ARR is a new game and it's not like it was an expansion to 1.0. I realize you're not complaining so please don't take my words the wrong way. I understand how people can feel like they've already spent enough for the first pre-order 3 years ago. The bottom line is anyone that doesn't have Legacy status that played 1.0 didn't give the game a fair chance. They deserve NOTHING because they gave NOTHING. If it wasn't for the Legacy players which I don't belong to by the way; we'd never would of witnessed the rebirth of FFXIV.


sure, I get your stance (in fact i feel a little regretful that i didn't make the 3 month mark. If I had been keeping better tabs on the game's development I would have re-subbed when jobs and relics were introduced, instead of re-subbing a month before shutdown, when I found out that I could get a mech suit of DRG AF). The all-caps "nothing"s are a bit much, but hey that's just me and my general distaste for needless overemphasis.

I disagree about "not giving the game a fair chance" as well. For the record, I loved a lot of the actual game. I played it enough to get two jobs to cap with AF. But even after I re-subbed and got really into the new content, playing it was so often an exercise in frustration due to the horrible engine and client/server issues. I don't think I was the only one who experienced this. I've often said that they could have replaced the engine/server structure without changing the mechanics/content and I would have happily continued playing. Of course I also understand just how unrealistic that idea was.

Regardless, I am more than content just getting a free copy of 2.0, so, as you said, I am not complaining. But my point still stands - non Legacy owners of 1.0 still do have a reason to pre-order, and I do understand if people are frustrated with that. It just doesn't bother me personally.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 3:21pm by Llester
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#25 Aug 03 2013 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Llester wrote:

sure, I get your stance (in fact i feel a little regretful that i didn't make the 3 month mark. If I had been keeping better tabs on the game's development I would have re-subbed when jobs and relics were introduced, instead of re-subbing a month before shutdown, when I found out that I could get a mech suit of DRG AF). The all-caps "nothing"s are a bit much, but hey that's just me and my general distaste for needless overemphasis.

I disagree about "not giving the game a fair chance" as well. For the record, I loved a lot of the actual game. I played it enough to get two jobs to cap with AF. But even after I re-subbed and got really into the new content, playing it was so often an exercise in frustration due to the horrible engine and client/server issues. I don't think I was the only one who experienced this. I've often said that they could have replaced the engine/server structure without changing the mechanics/content and I would have happily continued playing. Of course I also understand just how unrealistic that idea was.

Regardless, I am more than content just getting a free copy of 2.0, so, as you said, I am not complaining. But my point still stands - non Legacy owners of 1.0 still do have a reason to pre-order, and I do understand if people are frustrated with that. It just doesn't bother me personally.

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 3:21pm by Llester


I respect your opinion and wish to thank you for keeping this debate friendly. I'd just like to clarify that I wasn't trying to disrespectful in any by using caps for "nothing". My intent was to say that while people played the 1.0 game when it was free; they only had to pay for 3 months to qualify for Legacy. During this time where the game wasn't free to play, that's where the brunt of the changes were made laying the foundation for 2.0. The rest of the community had given up for the reasons you listed and that's totally understandable. However, the playerbase that remained and engaged with Yoshi P were truly responsible for the game we see here today.

Basically, Legacy players deserve the bonuses that some people are complaining about here. I completely understand that you played the game, but as you admitted, you weren't helping to make the game better because you weren't playing during the pay period. My argument is less about actual play time and levels than it is people who remained to "beta test" these changes Yoshi added before 1.0 went offline.

The main difference between Legacy CE vs 1.0 CE owners is the Legacy players deserved the bonuses more. Everyone else is paying for the bonuses including me and I never got to play 1.0. Back when 1.0 was coming out, I ran the benchmark only to find my PC couldn't run the game. We didn't know at that time it wasn't just my pc, but the game engine itself. Frankly, I feel sorry for the people who built a rig to play FFXIV only to be disappointed with 1.0.

I feel SE did the best job they could in making this transition to 2.0 as easy as possible. You can't please everyone, that much is certain. If people from 1.0 wish to pre-order, that's fine. I doubt we'll get more than 3-5 days of early access, but hey it's their money.
#26 Aug 03 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
shadowwdge to be fair though, that cait sith minion you get with the pre order is a nice vanity item i wouldn't midn having. but it's not 30$ worth it. the moogle hat, whatever i'm getting a light helm and i don't have garlond goggles because the 1.0 CE didn't come with it.

all i am saying, is that i'm sure there are people who want that cait sith doll. (not me, but i am defending other peopls point) But they can't get it unless they pre order a game they already own. Why should anyone have to pre order a game they already have? FF14's case is special because it is the only game that was previously released, to be released again. Anyone who wants those pre order items, even if its beneficial to them or not, MUST spend an additional 30 dollars.

like has been said, this is NOT entitlement. i don't feel entitled to these things because i'm trying to be greedy. i just feel that because people have already purchased the game, and would have NO desire to purchase the game again, that anyone who DID buy the game, should have these items. This isn't about legacy, this isn't about CE, this is about every player who owns a copy of FF14 not being able to get these items, simply because they own the game already.
#27 Aug 03 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,145 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
However, the playerbase that remained and engaged with Yoshi P were truly responsible for the game we see here today.

To be fair, most of the changes they have made thus far in recreating XIV were suggested over 3 years ago in the original alpha/beta testing feedback forums. Not trying to take away anything from the people who supported with their subscription dollars as I'm sure that helped, but the suggestions and feedback was already there.

ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Basically, Legacy players deserve the bonuses that some people are complaining about here. I completely understand that you played the game, but as you admitted, you weren't helping to make the game better because you weren't playing during the pay period. My argument is less about actual play time and levels than it is people who remained to "beta test" these changes Yoshi added before 1.0 went offline.

I'm not really feeling the whole 'you didn't help make the game better because you didn't subscribe' argument. If anything, not showing support with dollars just proves to developers that they can't get away with ignoring their playerbase and shipping incomplete products. If they had made a game worth playing then people would have paid. You don't deserve kudos for fixing issues that never should have been there in the first place.

ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
We didn't know at that time it wasn't just my pc, but the game engine itself. Frankly, I feel sorry for the people who built a rig to play FFXIV only to be disappointed with 1.0.

Actually we did and I warned as many people as I could. The response I got for saving people the money and headaches was a bit unexpected but hey; the internets are filled with surprise and wonder Smiley: tongue

ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
If people from 1.0 wish to pre-order, that's fine. I doubt we'll get more than 3-5 days of early access, but hey it's their money.

Good point. Ironically, it doubles as an argument for pay to win Smiley: lol


____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#28 Aug 03 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
This thread isn't going anywhere good, and I thought we had argued this out a few months ago when they first announced the pre-order bonus. Either way I'm locking it since it has the info about what you get for preordering versus not, but I'm not going to let it turn into a crap-fest.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 84 All times are in CST
Callinon, klausneck, Anonymous Guests (82)