Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Windows Client Download Free?Follow

#1 Aug 03 2013 at 1:03 PM Rating: Default
3 posts

I would like to be able to play FFXIV ARR on both my PC and PS3.

Most PC games allow you to download the full game for free even if you don't have an active account. Then once you subscribe you can play.

Since the same FFXIV account can be played on both PC and PS3, can I simply buy the game for PS3 and then just download the Windows Client Software free so I have the option to play on either?
#2 Aug 03 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
No.


Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 3:07pm by Rinsui
#3 Aug 03 2013 at 1:30 PM Rating: Default
3 posts

That's a rip off if they expect you to buy the game twice to be able to use your account on both systems.
#4 Aug 03 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
28 posts
You can download the client on the PC, but you'll need a separate key registered for each version.

Is it a rip off?

A lot of extra time and effort was spent optimizing the game for the PS3. I honestly don't see this as just a cash grab. They have to recoup costs spent somewhere.

If you really want cross-platform play, I'd suggest getting it for your favorite system first and waiting for the price to go down on the other.
#5 Aug 03 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
491 posts
How is that a rip off? Do you complain that you don't get the XBox version for buying the PS3 version? Or the PS3 version because you bought the WiiU version? Yeah, you're being unreasonable.

P.S. Second post and sub-default already (*shakes head* shame on you)

Edited, Aug 3rd 2013 3:48pm by DragonBourne
#6 Aug 03 2013 at 1:50 PM Rating: Default
3 posts
I somewhat see your point. However when a game is released for PC and MAC they don't make you pay for the game twice... you can just simple download the client for both platforms and play on either.

Anyway thanks for the replies.
#7FilthMcNasty, Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 2:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's a game that you have to buy to play. As such, they're going to extract money from you any way they can. They're a business.
#8 Aug 03 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
30 bucks is almost free
#9 Aug 03 2013 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
****
4,151 posts
HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

More sig fodder. Thanks for that Smiley: wink
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#10 Aug 04 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
**
383 posts
Nobody said that you needed to register a separate key for PC if you have originally purchased a ps3 version.

IIRC, the ps3 key was a requirement due to Sony's online architecture. It remains to be seen if this works both ways.
____________________________
This is my sig; Enjoy.
FFXIV: Tom Carroll - Excalibur
FC: Sitzkireg (www.sitzkrieg.guildwork.com)
#11 Aug 04 2013 at 10:42 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
463 posts
TeXeL wrote:
I somewhat see your point. However when a game is released for PC and MAC they don't make you pay for the game twice... you can just simple download the client for both platforms and play on either.

Anyway thanks for the replies.


Despite what Apple may want you to believe a Mac is a pc, aka personal computer. They are the same thing just using different operating systems. A PC and PS3 however are apples and oranges, you may play games on both but they are wildly different and thus warrant needing to buy a different copy for each system.
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CST
BrokenFox, Anonymous Guests (78)