Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Would you agree with these cons?Follow

#1 Aug 07 2013 at 12:39 PM Rating: Sub-Default
****
4,957 posts
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless."

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx
#2 Aug 07 2013 at 12:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Smiley: rolleyes
.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#3 Aug 07 2013 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Nope, I don't agree with any of those cons. The game isn't perfect, but certainly not for any of the reasons you listed, for me at least.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#4 Aug 07 2013 at 12:45 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
456 posts
Yeah i think you have some very mild points there... and all of which have been worked on since phase 3 with the feedback they recieved on most of it... None of them are cons and its clear you didnt play to long.

The targeting on the ps3 i can kinda agree but i think you will find that once you setup your system config a lil it will make the world of difference to you...
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#5 Aug 07 2013 at 12:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless."

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


Forget that... what about the grass!!

I'm sorry... I couldn't resist, I'll behave I promise!! Smiley: grin

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 2:52pm by jayfly
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#6 Aug 07 2013 at 12:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
837 posts
I already gave up on the grass. Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#7 Aug 07 2013 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
I myself am only really concerned about the bold one. I mean as for combat being slow well I love FFXI and that combat is slo.. soooo yeah, as for targeting be a mess.. what could be messy about either tabbing to what you wanna attack then attack or simply clicking on it then attacking, surely you can perform functions that basic for targeting right? As for no voice chat.. I played FFXI on console (not pc which means no vent or anything like that) for 5+ years so voice chat (or lackthereof) is clearly not an issue to me.

As for the quests well I did like that 90% of FFXIs quests were actually unique/had a story/or some thought behind them but its obviously that a game whos premise is mainly based on quest leveling and not sitting in an exp party for hours to level up that the quests will be bland, fetch type quests where there are thousands of quests to do as opposed to FFXIs hundreds, so while i might not like it its definitely to be expected an makes sense

As for interface and menus all RPGs have menu navigation like that including FFXIs which ppl could consider "bad" I mean who actually used the menu in FFXI outside maybe teh first 10 levels? Eventually you learn to bypass the menu entirely because everything could be macroed and handled with on eor two button presses, as for controls the game worked just fine on a ps2 gamepad. Im sure those same things can be said about XIV, so again the only part Im really questioning is the bold part.. i mean having huge world with nothing to search for, collect or interact with (like maybe a treasure chest laying around) makes teh world seem shallow and lifeless, FFXI always had stuff laying around to find or interact with even if it was completely useless (like most likes IRL that you find laying on the ground)
#8 Aug 07 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
725 posts
The issues you pointed out have been taken to the extreme, expecially since this was a BETA
Targeting: improved over the 3 week beta, especially since graphics in FATES were changed, but were never 'messed up.'
Chat: Final Fantasy never had voice chat. I didn't experienced frustration in dungeons. Marking mobs (a form of targeting), using action macros and mouse-over are great things that move dungeons along.
Waiting hours for parties: oh wait, you didn't complain about that. Its because they implemented Duty Finder.
Quests: boredom is only a state of mind. I could imagine someone being anxious to get through them so they can get to end game. I don't imagine anyone facing a stone golem many stores higher then themselves "boring."
Interface: Pac-Man and asteroids had an effortless interface. FFXIV is multilayerd, so the interface has evolved just as gaming has. There are tutorials for the interface. Once understood, the controller/keyboard/mouse work hand in hand.
Exploring I had no expectation of things lying around, I was too busy running from higher mobs when I was exploring, getting lost (cause I could get lost in a paper bag), and going the wrong way. I don't really have issue with this either way. I'm not even sure what you were hoping to find.



Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:15pm by Grandmomma
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#9 Aug 07 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
I prefer the slow pace of combat personally.
I know when I played FFXI, the slow pace was fantastic, especially as a mage.
Those moments of having to rest MP were precious. Gave time to assess the situation, talk with guildies, relax.
I find playing new MMO's, I rarely have time to relax, I'm always doing something. It always seems to be go, go, go... I never have time to type in guild chat because I find I'm always in combat firing off skills every half second for hours on end, or running around like a madperson. I have yet to play any of the beta, but if there's a return to relaxing a bit, and taking things a bit slower, I'm all for it.
As for the points from the OP, it's pretty standard for most guilds groups to be using Ventrillo or TeamSpeak nowadays. I'm not sure how it works on PS3, but as a PC player, it doesn't affect me. Even so, the ability to communicate via typing in FFXI was fine. I can't see why in FFXIV it would be any different. PvE battles generally go a set way, you either know what you're doing or you don't. The dynamic fighting style of PvP arena battles may call for more communication, but that's hardly an issue for FF gamers in general.
Fetch quests are standard, I know GW2 had a different approach which was nice to be honest as far as questing goes, but fetch quests aren't too bothersome to me. Again, it's another opportunity to return to a quest hub and relax for a second.
I can't comment on the UI as I have yet to try it, but from what I've read, it's an upgrade from 1.0 and I'm sure SE wouldn't make the same UI decisions as they did in 1.0 so I'm sure they learned from their mistakes.
#10 Aug 07 2013 at 1:20 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
My only real issues is the targeting system. There is just a lot of little things that need to be tweaked, for me. Now, am I doing something wrong, maybe. Do I need more time to understand what to do and not to do, probably.

I always found myself losing focus on the mob. I felt like I would be attacking one minute and then stop auto-attacking the next. Maybe that has something to do with looking at other mobs while fighting, but why can't I plot my next attack? I could be wrong in all this and I'm just being a noob but at first glance, it seems a little more complicated than it needs to be. Am I wrong?

So, I'm with the OP on that but the others, nope.
#11 Aug 07 2013 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
ShonaSeraph wrote:
Fetch quests are standard, I know GW2 had a different approach which was nice to be honest as far as questing goes


It honestly wasn't all that different. The hearts just took over quest hubs, but you still had to grind out objectives and kill X amount of mobs, or pick up X amount of items, or save X amount of NPCs. They just put a new coat of paint on it and tried to sell it as something else, but really it was the same idea just set up slightly different. In fact, by the time I hit level 40 or so, I dreaded the heart quests because they all ended up being slightly different iterations of the exact same thing.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#12 Aug 07 2013 at 1:26 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,178 posts
- Targeting is pretty much my pet peeve, and if I find the multiple customizable options for targeting to be satisfactory, or even above par, then I don't think most users would agree this as a Con. As I've stated before, I hope P4 gives PS3 users the option to have the mouse/keyboard based UI that PC players have.

- Some version of cross-platform voice chat would be extremely helpful. I'm not sure that in-game voice can be considered an MMO standard, certainly not cross-platform. Having played FFXI on 360 with Party Chat, there is no denying how easy that was, but we could not join chat with PC players. So how will this be accomplished using PS3 and PC? Something tells me if the game is successful, this will be something they work towards. I do not think it will be required at this time for the game to be successful.

- I had a ton of interactions with old and new friends, and explored as far as I had time for. Can't agree with you here.

- Can't wait to do more quests and run more dungeons.

- I spent about an hour (before I even talked to that first quest guy) checking all the targeting options, keybinds, shortcuts, menu choices, camera settings, movement options and HUD customization. Not really, really I spent about 3 hours doing this. (Ok, even more than that.) I don't expect every player to dig into the settings right off the bat, but I can honestly say that there are enough options and customizations available for players to modify as they go to satisfy just about every single preference, habit or foible for players of every type.

Sorry to hear you were frustrated with your time in the beta.
#13 Aug 07 2013 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
**
438 posts
One of my 2 dozen or so complaints about 1.0 was the lack of global chat channels. It was impossible to ask questions of your fellow players, unless they were in shouting distance. Has that been added with this version?
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#14 Aug 07 2013 at 1:30 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Grandmomma wrote:

Exploring I had no expectation of things lying around, I was too busy running from higher mobs when I was exploring, getting lost (cause I could get lost in a paper bag), and going the wrong way. I don't really have issue with this either way. I'm not even sure what you were hoping to find.



Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:15pm by Grandmomma



Well considering the OP have quotation marks meaning they are someone elses words not my own, even further proven by the fact that I even made a post countering more than half of them, would say I dont feel the same about those cons except for one.

As for what youre expecting to find did you really ask that question? Its an RPG exploration should be the most fun part even if what you find is a bunch of crap.. I men what the point of having a vast city, cave, forest or castle to explore if you find nothing for your efforts? I mean name an RPG where I could enter random NPC houses rummage through their drawers, closets, etc etc and fight items or small amounts of money laying around, or a dungeon where going down teh wrong path lead to a treasure chest and a dead end?

FFXI even had chests and coffers laying around, sure aside from AF those chests and coffers had nothing but junk but it was always great to find one then look for a key (or in my case as a thief Id just pick the lock) to see what i WOULD find) or exploring meriphtoad mountains and finding a small cave thats just a dead end with nothing in it only to go there at night and see theres where an NM spawns that beats you to a pulp at low level or that that are is used for teh brd (or drg?) quest?

I mean if youre gonna give us a huge open world put things in it to make it feel alive and worth exploring otherwise just make the game a linear corridor game (ff13) instead of wasting a bunch of open space lol.
#15 Aug 07 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
There are channels for each zone, but no game-wide channel (which would be a very bad idea anyway).
#16 Aug 07 2013 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
811 posts
BartelX wrote:
ShonaSeraph wrote:
Fetch quests are standard, I know GW2 had a different approach which was nice to be honest as far as questing goes


It honestly wasn't all that different. The hearts just took over quest hubs, but you still had to grind out objectives and kill X amount of mobs, or pick up X amount of items, or save X amount of NPCs. They just put a new coat of paint on it and tried to sell it as something else, but really it was the same idea just set up slightly different. In fact, by the time I hit level 40 or so, I dreaded the heart quests because they all ended up being slightly different iterations of the exact same thing.


I agree with that, I suppose the only difference was not having to accept the quest, or have to return to the quest giver for the reward.
But I found I returned anyways to see what the NPC was offering as karma rewards, so I suppose I wasn't saving much :p
#17 Aug 07 2013 at 1:42 PM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
Ravashack wrote:
There are channels for each zone, but no game-wide channel (which would be a very bad idea anyway).

which is what I'm looking for, thanks :)
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#18 Aug 07 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
970 posts
Targeting: I wish they would explore icon targeting further like sports games. Cycling without macros is slow and even slower when screen gets congested.
Chat: PS3 don't have due to low ram. There is no excuse not to support that on PS4 and I hope Yoshi does.
Quests: I either prefer ES explorative quest or elaborate and exhaustive story driven quest. 100 superb quest over 1000 filler. But I don't know how they could balance time taken and xp around my want. At the very least quests should give good xp and allow grouping up,SERIOUSLY They can keep the gated quest solo if they wish.
Interface: I like the interface. 50 times better than FFXI ever was.
Exploring I prefer seamless worlds but if they can only make beautiful worlds in zones, I'm down. I don't know how much ARR pushes into reasons for exploring besides accessing content or talking to npcs. But it will get down scored in reviews if they're aren't a bunch of reasons. Websites are fawning over The Witcher 3 with it's huge almost seamless world. Not because it is big. That's been done. They are mesmerized by the things you could do in that big world. No point in bigger, seamless worlds if there is nothing to do in the nooks and crannies.




Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:49pm by sandpark
#19 Aug 07 2013 at 2:19 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,898 posts
There are actually plenty of reasons to explore. First off, you need to locate each dungeon and go there to complete a quest before unlocking it. On top of that, there are tons of crystals to attune to, there are towns full of NPCs offering up more quests or selling different items. There are places like the strongholds which didn't serve a lot of purpose in the beta but you can be sure there will be stuff like FATEs or high level objectives there. There is also the exploration just for seeing the absolute beauty and wonder of the world as a whole. I traveled to every corner and can really say that the game world is absolutely gorgeous and worth exploring just to see it. Also, there is the notion of exploring in order to find mobs to fill out your hunting log and GC hunting log.

Let's not forget, the game was still in beta so we really don't even know what else they have in store for us in the world.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#20 Aug 07 2013 at 2:36 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
970 posts
BartelX wrote:
There are actually plenty of reasons to explore. First off, you need to locate each dungeon and go there to complete a quest before unlocking it. On top of that, there are tons of crystals to attune to, there are towns full of NPCs offering up more quests or selling different items. There are places like the strongholds which didn't serve a lot of purpose in the beta but you can be sure there will be stuff like FATEs or high level objectives there. There is also the exploration just for seeing the absolute beauty and wonder of the world as a whole. I traveled to every corner and can really say that the game world is absolutely gorgeous and worth exploring just to see it. Also, there is the notion of exploring in order to find mobs to fill out your hunting log and GC hunting log.

Let's not forget, the game was still in beta so we really don't even know what else they have in store for us in the world.

Do you have to walk there the first time to do all these things and retain the option of walking after that?
If so I don't know why there was comment about no reason to explore.
#21 Aug 07 2013 at 2:37 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Well considering the OP have quotation marks meaning they are someone elses words not my own, even further proven by the fact that I even made a post countering more than half of them, would say I dont feel the same about those cons except for one.

I noticed the quotes, and figured you were quoting someone. But it's not terribly clear.

If you're quoting another source, you should probably attribute the source. When you post these OPs with no context, it feels like you have some ulterior motive for asking these questions.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#22 Aug 07 2013 at 2:57 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
sandpark wrote:
Do you have to walk there the first time to do all these things and retain the option of walking after that?
If so I don't know why there was comment about no reason to explore.


To unlock each dungeon, you have to go there and actually interact with an NPC at the entrance. Same goes with the crystals, you have to attune to them before you can teleport there.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#23 Aug 07 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
BartelX wrote:
Same goes with the crystals, you have to attune to them before you can teleport there.

I think there are achievements for attuning to all the ones in a region and then a bigger one for having every one in the game. That's some added incentive.
#24 Aug 07 2013 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#25 Aug 07 2013 at 4:04 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?
#26 Aug 07 2013 at 4:09 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


No one's forcing you to. You asked about stuff in the world to explore, this was an answer to your question. Whether or not you choose to do it does not negate the fact that it's there.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#27 Aug 07 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


So what about those people in Rift that didn't like hunting artifacts? NO REASON TO EXPLORE!

Come on..
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#28 Aug 07 2013 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
I didn't even like Con-Air, so no way am I agreeing to any more cons.

Maybe if the thread was titled "Would you agree with these KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!s?"
#29 Aug 07 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Ravashack wrote:
There are channels for each zone, but no game-wide channel (which would be a very bad idea anyway).


Yea, game wide chat channel would be barrens chat x infinity, plus RMT spammer ****.
#30 Aug 07 2013 at 4:45 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
BartelX wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


No one's forcing you to. You asked about stuff in the world to explore, this was an answer to your question. Whether or not you choose to do it does not negate the fact that it's there.



point i was making is those that avoided crafting in FFXI had OTHER reasosn to explore (like neededing to find their af coffers) in otherwords give MULTIPLE reasons to explore not just one
#31 Aug 07 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#32 Aug 07 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
3 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless."

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


Although I don't necessarily agree with your cons, the problem I see with the combat is that its way too fast-paced and flashy. At some points you can't even see what you're fighting as the party size increases. Also some dungeons are boring. /2cents

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 6:58pm by mistahwiggles
#33 Aug 07 2013 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
sandpark wrote:

Chat: PS3 don't have due to low ram. There is no excuse not to support that on PS4 and I hope Yoshi does.
Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:49pm by sandpark


Please don't make wild assumptions like this especially when everybody knows it's false. The reason FFXIV doesn't have voice chat is because the game never intended to have it. It had nothing to do with the PS3. The PC version of 1.0 didn't have it either. As for the PS4, again you don't know what you're talking about here. All games will have voice chat, but this will only affect PS4 players, not FFXIV players in general. In addition to that, I believe Vent, Skype, or some type of voice chat app can be installed on PS4 if needed. Please don't spread false info, we don't need drama between the PS3 and PC players either.
#34 Aug 07 2013 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless."

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


Combat - It's already a lot faster than it was previously. 1.0 was a lot faster than XI, and now ARR is faster than 1.0. My 2 cents anyways.

chat - Most people on pc are going to be using some sort of other chat service. Most of which would probably work better than anything they can pump out in such a short time. I'd rather they not release one and just wait a while after release that way they can do it properly. This also gives them time to work on a ps3 one as well if it ever makes it into the works. It's really only an issue for ps3 users if they don't have a ps3 right next to a computer.

no interactions - Personally, I would include gathering in this topic. The gathering jobs are very important to the crafters. You can go and interact with the environment and gather lots of items to sell. Also, not ready at launch, but Yoshi has mentioned that the gathering jobs will also eventually be able to find maps to treasures hidden around the world. Something similar to FFIX. That's where he got his inspiration.

quests - Please realize they didn't include all the quests they were going to have ready for the launch. Also, the quests you've seen only go up to around lvl 35. I'm sure they get much more complicated around lvl 50.

interface - I suppose I agree. I liked the old interface from 1.0, but most people didn't, so I'm ok with them changing it. I'd rather have to learn a new interface then keep the old one and annoy the heck out of most of the player base. Other than that, I can always map the keys to ones that I want it to be and not what it's default setting is.
____________________________
#35 Aug 07 2013 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
BartelX wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


No one's forcing you to. You asked about stuff in the world to explore, this was an answer to your question. Whether or not you choose to do it does not negate the fact that it's there.



point i was making is those that avoided crafting in FFXI had OTHER reasosn to explore (like neededing to find their af coffers) in otherwords give MULTIPLE reasons to explore not just one


Scroll up, I gave about 5 other reasons in my previous post. I mean, if you're going to make a thread like this, you have to actually read the responses people give, especially when they are answering your exact concerns. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#36 Aug 07 2013 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Atkascha wrote:
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?


I'd like to see dungeons you can explore without having to grind with a party myself.
#37 Aug 07 2013 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?


I'd like to see dungeons you can explore without having to grind with a party myself.


There are areas in which you can explore when the appropriate FATE comes. I know Yoshi has mentioned one where you have to battle outside of the gate to a big strong hold and then when that is complete, stage 2 of the FATE is to go inside and complete objectives there. You wont necessarily have to complete those objectives, but once the FATE is over, I'm sure it will most likely kick you out.
____________________________
#38 Aug 07 2013 at 6:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
970 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
sandpark wrote:

Chat: PS3 don't have due to low ram. There is no excuse not to support that on PS4 and I hope Yoshi does.
Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:49pm by sandpark


Please don't make wild assumptions like this especially when everybody knows it's false. The reason FFXIV doesn't have voice chat is because the game never intended to have it. It had nothing to do with the PS3. The PC version of 1.0 didn't have it either. As for the PS4, again you don't know what you're talking about here. All games will have voice chat, but this will only affect PS4 players, not FFXIV players in general. In addition to that, I believe Vent, Skype, or some type of voice chat app can be installed on PS4 if needed. Please don't spread false info, we don't need drama between the PS3 and PC players either.

What I said is true. Low bandwidth and ram prevents massive chat rooms and cross game chat on ps3.
#39Killua125, Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 6:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Hate to say it but I agree with the OP on all points (except the interface).
#40 Aug 07 2013 at 6:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
sandpark wrote:


What I said is true. Low bandwidth and ram prevents massive chat rooms and cross game chat on ps3.


That part is true, but the PS3's limitations aren't the reason why FFXIV doesn't have voice chat. The game never intended to have voice chat which means that any of the PS3 limitations you want to point out are moot to this discussion.
#41 Aug 07 2013 at 6:56 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
"gathering jobs will also eventually be able to find maps to treasures hidden around the world"

So then youre saying there will be treasure chests (or equivalent things outside of crafting/gathering points) hidden in the world/ if you can link to that statement then that would make ALL those cons now countered.
#42 Aug 07 2013 at 6:57 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?


I'd like to see dungeons you can explore without having to grind with a party myself.



yeah especially since they even said there would be non instanced dungeons
#43 Aug 07 2013 at 7:00 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
"quests - Please realize they didn't include all the quests they were going to have ready for the launch. Also, the quests you've seen only go up to around lvl 35. I'm sure they get much more complicated around lvl 50."

1 - 35 = 35

36 - 50 - 15

so those 15 more levels are gonan have double the stuff to do (or double teh content) than teh first 35 levels? lets use some logic.. sur ethere WILL be new/more quests but It wont be a HUGE amount, the numbger of new quest sto get to 50 from 35 will be less than teh numgber or already existing quests to get from 1 to 35
#44 Aug 07 2013 at 7:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Main quest line stops at ~20.

NPC quests stopped at ~15-20 range in Phase 3, depending on if you're talking about class quests (15) or the zone quests (20).

They do have 20-30 quests for Gridania, but they were not included in Phase 3 for some reason.

This is ignoring Guildleves.


#45 Aug 07 2013 at 7:31 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,313 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless. to be somewhat bland"

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


I agree with some of it. The combat is weak. I don't think anyone can really disagree with this. Whether you enjoy it or don't care, the combat is not a strong system at all.

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 9:33pm by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#46 Aug 07 2013 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Ravashack wrote:
Main quest line stops at ~20.

NPC quests stopped at ~15-20 range in Phase 3, depending on if you're talking about class quests (15) or the zone quests (20).

They do have 20-30 quests for Gridania, but they were not included in Phase 3 for some reason.

This is ignoring Guildleves.

This is right. In phase 3, the main quest line took us far enough to be able to access chocobos and the market board. The other quests were cut off at the same point. That means that there is at least another 30 levels worth of quests to be added.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#47 Aug 07 2013 at 7:38 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Transmigration wrote:
I agree with some of it. The combat is weak. I don't think anyone can really disagree with this. Whether you enjoy it or don't care, the combat is not a strong system at all.


I disagree with it. I very much enjoyed the combat in-game. I'm sick of button mashing games. I thought the pace of combat was perfectly fine, and I actually thought it was a very strong system, especially at higher levels when you unlock jobs and what not. Did you actually read up on any of the skills for jobs post-30? Warrior has a plethora of moves, non-gcd abilities, and combos for different situations. So do mnk, dragoon, and most other jobs I looked at. Just because it's not insanely complicated by level 15 doesn't mean the system isn't strong.

I can understand how some people might not like it, but saying that no one can disagree with your ideas of combat is a completely inaccurate statement.

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 9:39pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#48 Aug 07 2013 at 7:44 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?
#49 Aug 07 2013 at 7:47 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Kierk wrote:
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?


Would you, could you, with a mog?
Would you, could you, in a bog?
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#50 Aug 07 2013 at 8:15 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
BartelX wrote:
Kierk wrote:
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?


Would you, could you, with a mog?
Would you, could you, in a bog?


I do not like troll threads and spam.
I do not like them, Bartel Man.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#51 Aug 07 2013 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Kierk wrote:
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?


Would you, could you, with a mog?
Would you, could you, in a bog?


I do not like troll threads and spam.
I do not like them, Bartel Man.


You do not like them.
SO you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 83 All times are in CST
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (82)