Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Would you agree with these cons?Follow

#27 Aug 07 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
***
3,712 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


So what about those people in Rift that didn't like hunting artifacts? NO REASON TO EXPLORE!

Come on..
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#28 Aug 07 2013 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
I didn't even like Con-Air, so no way am I agreeing to any more cons.

Maybe if the thread was titled "Would you agree with these KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!s?"
#29 Aug 07 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Ravashack wrote:
There are channels for each zone, but no game-wide channel (which would be a very bad idea anyway).


Yea, game wide chat channel would be barrens chat x infinity, plus RMT spammer ****.
#30 Aug 07 2013 at 4:45 PM Rating: Default
****
5,038 posts
BartelX wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


No one's forcing you to. You asked about stuff in the world to explore, this was an answer to your question. Whether or not you choose to do it does not negate the fact that it's there.



point i was making is those that avoided crafting in FFXI had OTHER reasosn to explore (like neededing to find their af coffers) in otherwords give MULTIPLE reasons to explore not just one
#31 Aug 07 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#32 Aug 07 2013 at 4:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
3 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless."

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


Although I don't necessarily agree with your cons, the problem I see with the combat is that its way too fast-paced and flashy. At some points you can't even see what you're fighting as the party size increases. Also some dungeons are boring. /2cents

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 6:58pm by mistahwiggles
#33 Aug 07 2013 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
sandpark wrote:

Chat: PS3 don't have due to low ram. There is no excuse not to support that on PS4 and I hope Yoshi does.
Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:49pm by sandpark


Please don't make wild assumptions like this especially when everybody knows it's false. The reason FFXIV doesn't have voice chat is because the game never intended to have it. It had nothing to do with the PS3. The PC version of 1.0 didn't have it either. As for the PS4, again you don't know what you're talking about here. All games will have voice chat, but this will only affect PS4 players, not FFXIV players in general. In addition to that, I believe Vent, Skype, or some type of voice chat app can be installed on PS4 if needed. Please don't spread false info, we don't need drama between the PS3 and PC players either.
#34 Aug 07 2013 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless."

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


Combat - It's already a lot faster than it was previously. 1.0 was a lot faster than XI, and now ARR is faster than 1.0. My 2 cents anyways.

chat - Most people on pc are going to be using some sort of other chat service. Most of which would probably work better than anything they can pump out in such a short time. I'd rather they not release one and just wait a while after release that way they can do it properly. This also gives them time to work on a ps3 one as well if it ever makes it into the works. It's really only an issue for ps3 users if they don't have a ps3 right next to a computer.

no interactions - Personally, I would include gathering in this topic. The gathering jobs are very important to the crafters. You can go and interact with the environment and gather lots of items to sell. Also, not ready at launch, but Yoshi has mentioned that the gathering jobs will also eventually be able to find maps to treasures hidden around the world. Something similar to FFIX. That's where he got his inspiration.

quests - Please realize they didn't include all the quests they were going to have ready for the launch. Also, the quests you've seen only go up to around lvl 35. I'm sure they get much more complicated around lvl 50.

interface - I suppose I agree. I liked the old interface from 1.0, but most people didn't, so I'm ok with them changing it. I'd rather have to learn a new interface then keep the old one and annoy the heck out of most of the player base. Other than that, I can always map the keys to ones that I want it to be and not what it's default setting is.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1789917[/ffxivsig]
#35 Aug 07 2013 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
BartelX wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
No interaction or searching the world for anything? Then what do you call the Disciple of the Land classes? You literally interact with trees/mining points/etc to search for items.



and what about those ppl that avoid crafting? I mean not EVERYONE in FFXI crafted why would FFXIV be any different?


No one's forcing you to. You asked about stuff in the world to explore, this was an answer to your question. Whether or not you choose to do it does not negate the fact that it's there.



point i was making is those that avoided crafting in FFXI had OTHER reasosn to explore (like neededing to find their af coffers) in otherwords give MULTIPLE reasons to explore not just one


Scroll up, I gave about 5 other reasons in my previous post. I mean, if you're going to make a thread like this, you have to actually read the responses people give, especially when they are answering your exact concerns. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#36 Aug 07 2013 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Atkascha wrote:
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?


I'd like to see dungeons you can explore without having to grind with a party myself.
#37 Aug 07 2013 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?


I'd like to see dungeons you can explore without having to grind with a party myself.


There are areas in which you can explore when the appropriate FATE comes. I know Yoshi has mentioned one where you have to battle outside of the gate to a big strong hold and then when that is complete, stage 2 of the FATE is to go inside and complete objectives there. You wont necessarily have to complete those objectives, but once the FATE is over, I'm sure it will most likely kick you out.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1789917[/ffxivsig]
#38 Aug 07 2013 at 6:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
972 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
sandpark wrote:

Chat: PS3 don't have due to low ram. There is no excuse not to support that on PS4 and I hope Yoshi does.
Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:49pm by sandpark


Please don't make wild assumptions like this especially when everybody knows it's false. The reason FFXIV doesn't have voice chat is because the game never intended to have it. It had nothing to do with the PS3. The PC version of 1.0 didn't have it either. As for the PS4, again you don't know what you're talking about here. All games will have voice chat, but this will only affect PS4 players, not FFXIV players in general. In addition to that, I believe Vent, Skype, or some type of voice chat app can be installed on PS4 if needed. Please don't spread false info, we don't need drama between the PS3 and PC players either.

What I said is true. Low bandwidth and ram prevents massive chat rooms and cross game chat on ps3.
#39Killua125, Posted: Aug 07 2013 at 6:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Hate to say it but I agree with the OP on all points (except the interface).
#40 Aug 07 2013 at 6:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
sandpark wrote:


What I said is true. Low bandwidth and ram prevents massive chat rooms and cross game chat on ps3.


That part is true, but the PS3's limitations aren't the reason why FFXIV doesn't have voice chat. The game never intended to have voice chat which means that any of the PS3 limitations you want to point out are moot to this discussion.
#41 Aug 07 2013 at 6:56 PM Rating: Default
****
5,038 posts
"gathering jobs will also eventually be able to find maps to treasures hidden around the world"

So then youre saying there will be treasure chests (or equivalent things outside of crafting/gathering points) hidden in the world/ if you can link to that statement then that would make ALL those cons now countered.
#42 Aug 07 2013 at 6:57 PM Rating: Default
****
5,038 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
FATEs for seal farming, relic quests, hunting logs for EXP bonuses, exploring just because you want to know your way around... What else do you want?


I'd like to see dungeons you can explore without having to grind with a party myself.



yeah especially since they even said there would be non instanced dungeons
#43 Aug 07 2013 at 7:00 PM Rating: Default
****
5,038 posts
"quests - Please realize they didn't include all the quests they were going to have ready for the launch. Also, the quests you've seen only go up to around lvl 35. I'm sure they get much more complicated around lvl 50."

1 - 35 = 35

36 - 50 - 15

so those 15 more levels are gonan have double the stuff to do (or double teh content) than teh first 35 levels? lets use some logic.. sur ethere WILL be new/more quests but It wont be a HUGE amount, the numbger of new quest sto get to 50 from 35 will be less than teh numgber or already existing quests to get from 1 to 35
#44 Aug 07 2013 at 7:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Main quest line stops at ~20.

NPC quests stopped at ~15-20 range in Phase 3, depending on if you're talking about class quests (15) or the zone quests (20).

They do have 20-30 quests for Gridania, but they were not included in Phase 3 for some reason.

This is ignoring Guildleves.


#45 Aug 07 2013 at 7:31 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,313 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
especially th ebolded one:

"Cons-combat, targeting was a mess, found it slow, frustrating and unsatisfying
-chat, with no voice chat it just adds to the frustration while in a dungeon or mid combat
-no interactions, no collecting or searching the world for anything
-quests, I thought the quests were extremely boring and not just the 100s of fetch quests but the dungeons themselves, I can't see myself wanting to return to any of them.
-interface, I found the controls and menus just as frustrating, nothing was seamless or effortless. to be somewhat bland"

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 1:40pm by DuoMaxwellxx


I agree with some of it. The combat is weak. I don't think anyone can really disagree with this. Whether you enjoy it or don't care, the combat is not a strong system at all.

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 9:33pm by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#46 Aug 07 2013 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Ravashack wrote:
Main quest line stops at ~20.

NPC quests stopped at ~15-20 range in Phase 3, depending on if you're talking about class quests (15) or the zone quests (20).

They do have 20-30 quests for Gridania, but they were not included in Phase 3 for some reason.

This is ignoring Guildleves.

This is right. In phase 3, the main quest line took us far enough to be able to access chocobos and the market board. The other quests were cut off at the same point. That means that there is at least another 30 levels worth of quests to be added.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#47 Aug 07 2013 at 7:38 PM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
Transmigration wrote:
I agree with some of it. The combat is weak. I don't think anyone can really disagree with this. Whether you enjoy it or don't care, the combat is not a strong system at all.


I disagree with it. I very much enjoyed the combat in-game. I'm sick of button mashing games. I thought the pace of combat was perfectly fine, and I actually thought it was a very strong system, especially at higher levels when you unlock jobs and what not. Did you actually read up on any of the skills for jobs post-30? Warrior has a plethora of moves, non-gcd abilities, and combos for different situations. So do mnk, dragoon, and most other jobs I looked at. Just because it's not insanely complicated by level 15 doesn't mean the system isn't strong.

I can understand how some people might not like it, but saying that no one can disagree with your ideas of combat is a completely inaccurate statement.

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 9:39pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#48 Aug 07 2013 at 7:44 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?
#49 Aug 07 2013 at 7:47 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,899 posts
Kierk wrote:
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?


Would you, could you, with a mog?
Would you, could you, in a bog?
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#50 Aug 07 2013 at 8:15 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,712 posts
BartelX wrote:
Kierk wrote:
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?


Would you, could you, with a mog?
Would you, could you, in a bog?


I do not like troll threads and spam.
I do not like them, Bartel Man.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#51 Aug 07 2013 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Kierk wrote:
Guys I think we misunderstood the OP...

I think it's a game...

The title of the thread asks: "Would you agree with these cons?"

I think it's a conditional statement with a prize waiting for us if we agree.

So my answer is: Yes, I would agree... now what do I get?


Would you, could you, with a mog?
Would you, could you, in a bog?


I do not like troll threads and spam.
I do not like them, Bartel Man.


You do not like them.
SO you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 115 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (115)