Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Beta 4 wll be announced tomorrow!Follow

#1 Aug 07 2013 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
JP TEST WEBCAST OF LIVE LETTER TOMORROW

I know we all assumed they would announce it tomorrow... but this pretty much confirms that assumption:

Quote:
At the end Yoshi P wanted to say beta date but they wouldn't let him. He then asked if he can say it tomorrow. They said yea. He then said something along the lines of, if you didn't let me say it tomorrow, i wouldn't come.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#2 Aug 07 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Right on Hairspray. Thanks for the update. Keep up the dedicated fishing for info!

Level Up!

You are now a Level 5 info fisher.
#3 Aug 07 2013 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Gnu wrote:
Right on Hairspray. Thanks for the update. Keep up the dedicated fishing for info!

Level Up!

You are now a Level 5 info fisher.


Just so you know, I'm a legit fisher.. not a bot!
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#4 Aug 07 2013 at 1:13 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
Hairspray wrote:
JP TEST WEBCAST OF LIVE LETTER TOMORROW

I know we all assumed they would announce it tomorrow... but this pretty much confirms that assumption:

Quote:
At the end Yoshi P wanted to say beta date but they wouldn't let him. He then asked if he can say it tomorrow. They said yea. He then said something along the lines of, if you didn't let me say it tomorrow, i wouldn't come.


I could be completely wrong, but the way this is worded makes it seem like the beta will NOT start on the 9th. If he had to ask if he could mention the date tomorrow, it seems fairly unlikely the beta would start the next day. Like I said, I could be misinterpreting, that's just my gut feeling. In fact, I hope I am wrong and it starts Friday.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#5 Aug 07 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
JP TEST WEBCAST OF LIVE LETTER TOMORROW

I know we all assumed they would announce it tomorrow... but this pretty much confirms that assumption:

Quote:
At the end Yoshi P wanted to say beta date but they wouldn't let him. He then asked if he can say it tomorrow. They said yea. He then said something along the lines of, if you didn't let me say it tomorrow, i wouldn't come.


I could be completely wrong, but the way this is worded makes it seem like the beta will NOT start on the 9th. If he had to ask if he could mention the date tomorrow, it seems fairly unlikely the beta would start the next day. Like I said, I could be misinterpreting, that's just my gut feeling. In fact, I hope I am wrong and it starts Friday.


And if you're right people will bec coming for your head with torches and pitchforks.
#6 Aug 07 2013 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
JP TEST WEBCAST OF LIVE LETTER TOMORROW

I know we all assumed they would announce it tomorrow... but this pretty much confirms that assumption:

Quote:
At the end Yoshi P wanted to say beta date but they wouldn't let him. He then asked if he can say it tomorrow. They said yea. He then said something along the lines of, if you didn't let me say it tomorrow, i wouldn't come.


I could be completely wrong, but the way this is worded makes it seem like the beta will NOT start on the 9th. If he had to ask if he could mention the date tomorrow, it seems fairly unlikely the beta would start the next day. Like I said, I could be misinterpreting, that's just my gut feeling. In fact, I hope I am wrong and it starts Friday.


And if you're right people will bec coming for your head with torches and pitchforks.


Smiley: lol True, I kinda just signed my own death warrant there...
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#7 Aug 07 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
JP TEST WEBCAST OF LIVE LETTER TOMORROW

I know we all assumed they would announce it tomorrow... but this pretty much confirms that assumption:

Quote:
At the end Yoshi P wanted to say beta date but they wouldn't let him. He then asked if he can say it tomorrow. They said yea. He then said something along the lines of, if you didn't let me say it tomorrow, i wouldn't come.


I could be completely wrong, but the way this is worded makes it seem like the beta will NOT start on the 9th. If he had to ask if he could mention the date tomorrow, it seems fairly unlikely the beta would start the next day. Like I said, I could be misinterpreting, that's just my gut feeling. In fact, I hope I am wrong and it starts Friday.


And if you're right people will bec coming for your head with torches and pitchforks.


Smiley: lol True, I kinda just signed my own death warrant there...


It's been real...can I have your stuff?
#8 Aug 07 2013 at 1:27 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
488 posts
14th of August. Guess
#9 Aug 07 2013 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
BartelX wrote:
If he had to ask if he could mention the date tomorrow, it seems fairly unlikely the beta would start the next day.


Very astute. I'd have to agree with this logic, as well as the fact that other pieces of the puzzle are not yet in place for a Friday P4 start.
#10 Aug 07 2013 at 1:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Right on Hairspray. Thanks for the update. Keep up the dedicated fishing for info!

Level Up!

You are now a Level 5 info fisher.


Just so you know, I'm a legit fisher.. not a bot!


That's impressive, you just unlocked lava fishing Smiley: nod
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#11 Aug 07 2013 at 1:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Right on Hairspray. Thanks for the update. Keep up the dedicated fishing for info!

Level Up!

You are now a Level 5 info fisher.


Just so you know, I'm a legit fisher.. not a bot!


That's impressive, you just unlocked lava fishing Smiley: nod


I Think that has a new ability... "Troll Bait"... if I'm not mistaken. Hehe. Smiley: lol
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#12 Aug 07 2013 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Just watched the video using the youtube translator beta and wow, that made absolutely no sense. I am almost certain they were not saying what my English translator was stating. I think at one point they made a reference to Mick Jagger and at another point they said that you would have to be Jackie Chan to get the CD case open. It is easy to tell that they like what they do for a living. It is probably why they are able to so easily answer fan questions and create a game that the fans want. They like what they do, and it shows.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#13 Aug 07 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Right on Hairspray. Thanks for the update. Keep up the dedicated fishing for info!

Level Up!

You are now a Level 5 info fisher.


Just so you know, I'm a legit fisher.. not a bot!


That's impressive, you just unlocked lava fishing Smiley: nod


I Think that has a new ability... "Troll Bait"... if I'm not mistaken. Hehe. Smiley: lol


Lava troll bait, which fishes up a lava troll that ignores the natural fire weakness of trolls, but still regenerates so he can never really be killed (Oh, I mean KOed ) Smiley: schooled

Edited, Aug 7th 2013 3:05pm by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#14 Aug 07 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Good
**
259 posts
August 9 start is just wishful thinking imo. I'm betting it will be Aug 16, although maybe they start on Aug 14 so we get the 5 days like we did in the last test pf P3.

People are assuming 1 week of Phase 4 = 7 days of testing. We had 5 weeks of Phase 3, but that didn't mean 35 days of testing. When Yoshi said Phase 4 will be 1 week, he probably meant 1 weekend.
#15 Aug 07 2013 at 3:23 PM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
If I was a betting man, I'd say P4 begins August 13th, ends the 18th, and early release on track for the 20th.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#16 Aug 07 2013 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
***
1,218 posts
Arjuncorpse wrote:
August 9 start is just wishful thinking imo. I'm betting it will be Aug 16, although maybe they start on Aug 14 so we get the 5 days like we did in the last test pf P3.

People are assuming 1 week of Phase 4 = 7 days of testing. We had 5 weeks of Phase 3, but that didn't mean 35 days of testing. When Yoshi said Phase 4 will be 1 week, he probably meant 1 weekend.


Well then he was either mistranslated or doesn't understand what words mean, because a weekend is not a week, and neither is a "work week" the same as a week. There would be no reason to specific that it would be exactly one week if he really meant it was some other period of time. Yoshi never specified that P3 would be 5 weeks, so whether or not it was exactly 5 weeks is basically irrelevant.

My guess is, Aug 12 or 13 start, Aug 19 or 20 end, early start on the 23rd.


Edited, Aug 7th 2013 5:40pm by KarlHungis
#17 Aug 07 2013 at 3:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
Yoshi smacks that kid towards the end of the video. Why he do that? lol
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#18 Aug 07 2013 at 3:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
456 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
Yoshi smacks that kid towards the end of the video. Why he do that? lol


Because hes the BOSS! ;P
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#19 Aug 07 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Just watched the video using the youtube translator beta and wow, that made absolutely no sense. I am almost certain they were not saying what my English translator was stating. I think at one point they made a reference to Mick Jagger and at another point they said that you would have to be Jackie Chan to get the CD case open. It is easy to tell that they like what they do for a living. It is probably why they are able to so easily answer fan questions and create a game that the fans want. They like what they do, and it shows.


Youtube's auto caption system is hilariously bad. I once watched Star Wars with it on. Good times.
____________________________


#20 Aug 07 2013 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
Yoshi smacks that kid towards the end of the video. Why he do that? lol


Because he's the office clown, apparantly. Smiley: clown No but if I were to fashion a big red pointy horn and stick it to my forehead, I would expect similar treatment, even if it is to promote the highly unflattering summoner AF headgear. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#21 Aug 07 2013 at 3:59 PM Rating: Decent
45 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Just watched the video using the youtube translator beta and wow, that made absolutely no sense. I am almost certain they were not saying what my English translator was stating. I think at one point they made a reference to Mick Jagger and at another point they said that you would have to be Jackie Chan to get the CD case open. It is easy to tell that they like what they do for a living. It is probably why they are able to so easily answer fan questions and create a game that the fans want. They like what they do, and it shows.


I tried the same thing...now my brain hurts.

Will there be any bi-lingual fans attempting a live translation...or at least pointing out the relevant talking points?
____________________________
<img src="http://xivpads.com/i/sigs/7914/xivpads.png">
#22 Aug 07 2013 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
AragalAyreth wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Just watched the video using the youtube translator beta and wow, that made absolutely no sense. I am almost certain they were not saying what my English translator was stating. I think at one point they made a reference to Mick Jagger and at another point they said that you would have to be Jackie Chan to get the CD case open. It is easy to tell that they like what they do for a living. It is probably why they are able to so easily answer fan questions and create a game that the fans want. They like what they do, and it shows.


I tried the same thing...now my brain hurts.

Will there be any bi-lingual fans attempting a live translation...or at least pointing out the relevant talking points?

There's a guy on twitch from what some other posters have said...it's in another thread...
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#23 Aug 07 2013 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Arjuncorpse wrote:
August 9 start is just wishful thinking imo. I'm betting it will be Aug 16, although maybe they start on Aug 14 so we get the 5 days like we did in the last test pf P3.

People are assuming 1 week of Phase 4 = 7 days of testing. We had 5 weeks of Phase 3, but that didn't mean 35 days of testing. When Yoshi said Phase 4 will be 1 week, he probably meant 1 weekend.


Well then he was either mistranslated or doesn't understand what words mean, because a weekend is not a week, and neither is a "work week" the same as a week. There would be no reason to specific that it would be exactly one week if he really meant it was some other period of time. Yoshi never specified that P3 would be 5 weeks, so whether or not it was exactly 5 weeks is basically irrelevant.

My guess is, Aug 12 or 13 start, Aug 19 or 20 end, early start on the 23rd.


Edited, Aug 7th 2013 5:40pm by KarlHungis


I don't think that they are intending beta phase 4 and early access to give people enough time to level so far ahead that there is this disparaging gap between people already online and those entering on release day.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#24 Aug 07 2013 at 4:03 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
LebargeX wrote:
AragalAyreth wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Just watched the video using the youtube translator beta and wow, that made absolutely no sense. I am almost certain they were not saying what my English translator was stating. I think at one point they made a reference to Mick Jagger and at another point they said that you would have to be Jackie Chan to get the CD case open. It is easy to tell that they like what they do for a living. It is probably why they are able to so easily answer fan questions and create a game that the fans want. They like what they do, and it shows.


I tried the same thing...now my brain hurts.

Will there be any bi-lingual fans attempting a live translation...or at least pointing out the relevant talking points?

There's a guy on twitch from what some other posters have said...it's in another thread...


Found it... http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1374834412154273577

The guy's name that translates is Reinhart. The post I linked has the twitch feed link in it.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#25 Aug 07 2013 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
If no one beats me to it, I'll start a thread to include key points from the translations for those at work who can't tune in. I finally get to watch one as it's streaming.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#26 Aug 07 2013 at 5:00 PM Rating: Default
45 posts
LebargeX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:

There's a guy on twitch from what some other posters have said...it's in another thread...


Found it... http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1374834412154273577

The guy's name that translates is Reinhart. The post I linked has the twitch feed link in it.


Thanks. And right on queue, Squenix posts a new blog entry stating that they will have live translations in the forums as well:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/529
____________________________
<img src="http://xivpads.com/i/sigs/7914/xivpads.png">
#27 Aug 07 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
AragalAyreth wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:

There's a guy on twitch from what some other posters have said...it's in another thread...


Found it... http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1374834412154273577

The guy's name that translates is Reinhart. The post I linked has the twitch feed link in it.


Thanks. And right on queue, Squenix posts a new blog entry stating that they will have live translations in the forums as well:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/529

Very cool thanks! Too bad I won't be able to see it since I'll be at work. I think I'll only catch the first 15-20 minutes :(
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#28 Aug 08 2013 at 3:06 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Because he's the office clown, apparantly. Smiley: clown No but if I were to fashion a big red pointy horn and stick it to my forehead, I would expect similar treatment, even if it is to promote the highly unflattering summoner AF headgear. Smiley: tongue


Just call me Curved Slightly.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#29 Aug 08 2013 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
**
740 posts
Valkayree wrote:
lava fishing Smiley: nod


They should totally do this once we have volcanic areas. Require special heat-resistant lines and such...
____________________________
Raine Storme on Adamantoise,
formerly Bayou on Carbuncle.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CDT
Hyrist, Anonymous Guests (59)