Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Producer Letter LIVE VIII English Translations: Phase 4 8/17Follow

#77 Aug 08 2013 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
*
90 posts
The video they showed before the break, is there a place I can watch it? I had to get up and do something.. I heard it but missed watching it >_<
#78 Aug 08 2013 at 8:38 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
90 day subscription it is then! :D


Sounds like there will be better rewards for 180 day subcription, so dig deep!
#79 Aug 08 2013 at 8:39 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
Quote:
I agree with all of this, but I hope you can understand that not every person who has expressed disappointment had "unrealistic" expectations. Yoshi had said (or been quoted erroneously as saying) that P4 would be a week.


Quoted erroneously is correct. He said 'up to a week' and people jumped at the absolute highest positive in that statement.

"Leaked" info was a fraud and was identified as such before this letter.

So yes, the error is on part of those who were letting their hopes lead their expectations.

The Beta forums is a Cesspool, and I myself am guilty, just as anyone, of being drawn into that cesspool from time to time. I do not take any individual from that forum, outside that forum, as a lesser human being simply for browsing and posting in that forum. However I take the forum itself, and things spoken within it, with enough salt to slay a nation if consumed.

That said, each individual person, outside that forum? Heck, even outside this forum, I can become friends with without difficulty. But my tolerance for the sort of behaviors that go on, and the increasing air of entitlement I am sensing from gamers in general these days, does wear at me. Sometimes it's justified, many times it is not - and few attempt to differentiate. So I tend to dismiss it and focus mainly on my own enjoyment.

There's a recent video I'd like to reference you to that illustrates my point better than I can. I would appreciate it if you took the time to watch it.

Thank you for your time.
#80 Aug 08 2013 at 8:46 AM Rating: Default
****
5,030 posts
Boo no one on one fights in Colloseum.

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?

"-In six months, add-on tools will be ready"

Are they talking expansions or something else?

"-Completing job and AF quests solo: with enough skill it can be done. For AF it can be done solo by traveling the world. "

So basically it CAN be done solo if youre good, otherwise youll need help.. now THATS the kinda stuff I like to hear as opposed to "it can be done solo period... skilled or not no help is required"

"-Sending /tell in instanced raids: not available to avoid players to be mean (talking trash about party members in /tell I guess), and there are plans to expand the Duty Finder. At that time, /tell may be available in instanced raids."

So they dont let you send tells to prevent trash talking but when Duty Finder is expanded (hopefully with a your server only option) then youll be able to send tells? Because expanding the Duty Finder will some how erase the nee to trash talk? ookay


"-As for the primals being different than 1.x, since Ifrit was different in the beta, the primals will be similar to 1.x with some extra changes. Take the battlefield layout into consideration."

Since Ifrit was different in the beta than he was in 1.x theyre gonna make the primals similar to 1.x? Huh? That makes no sense. Shouldnt it be more like "Since Ifrit was different in the beta we'll make teh rest different too"?

"-Crystal Tower is 24-man content. Yoshi says it is too hard so they're making it so you can use Duty Finder and join up with others. 2.1 patch it will be available, making adjustments right now. 3-4 months maybe. "

Its too hard so theyre making it available for Duty Finder? Huh? Umm wouldnt hard content be even harder if youre doing it with a bunch of randoms?

"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits"

What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


"-Smartphone app and for iPad"

Wish that app was on PS Vita too

"-Outside of credit card and crysta (Yoshi shows a few cards) these are sold in convenience stores and other game shops called Game Time. Gives you 30 days or 60 days. Lots of designs for the cards. Available in every region. "

Soo did they just pretty much confirm game cards (i.e ppl wont NEED credit/debit cards to play)?

"About other classes branching to two jobs:"

I hope they mean NEW jobs I mean I Pugilist becoming anything other than a Monk would make
NO sense









#81 Aug 08 2013 at 8:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
These live letters are cool. It is alos really cool that Yoshi wants to level as bad as everyone else!
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#82 Aug 08 2013 at 8:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
660 posts
Duo, the "fire-resistant gear" is a joke term from 1.x. There are no elemental weaknesses. Anyway, that wraps up the live letter! OP is updated.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#83 Aug 08 2013 at 8:57 AM Rating: Decent
36 posts
So did i read that right about a flying command? Because that sparked my interest when I read that if so. Any ideas on what that meant?
____________________________
i love my games, nothing more to it.
#84 Aug 08 2013 at 8:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Add on tools are tools for add ons. There is going to be a program you use to create them, this was in my interview I did with him back in February.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#85 Aug 08 2013 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?


They said that you can fish up treasure maps.

DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

"-In six months, add-on tools will be ready"
Are they talking expansions or something else?


The context sounded like they were talking about either an expansion or a major update. - Edit - Wint confirmed that I am wrong. Smiley: grin

DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

"-Crystal Tower is 24-man content. Yoshi says it is too hard so they're making it so you can use Duty Finder and join up with others. 2.1 patch it will be available, making adjustments right now. 3-4 months maybe. " Its too hard so theyre making it available for Duty Finder? Huh? Umm wouldnt hard content be even harder if youre doing it with a bunch of randoms?


He means that it will likely be too hard right off of the bat to find 24 people who want to do Crystal Tower with you at the same time.

DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits" What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


Lava surfing Smiley: schooled

Edited, Aug 8th 2013 10:00am by Valkayree

Edited, Aug 8th 2013 10:01am by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#86 Aug 08 2013 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
slickace wrote:
So did i read that right about a flying command? Because that sparked my interest when I read that if so. Any ideas on what that meant?


Debug mode.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#87 Aug 08 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Default
***
1,218 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Boo no one on one fights in Colloseum.

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?

"-In six months, add-on tools will be ready"

Are they talking expansions or something else?



More Customizable UI, I expect, but maybe they mean their own software.

Quote:

"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits"

What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


Mobs don't have elemental weaknesses, but they do have elemental attacks. Fire resistant gear would decrease damage against... wait for it.... wait for it... fire attacks.

Quote:

"About other classes branching to two jobs:"

I hope they mean NEW jobs I mean I Pugilist becoming anything other than a Monk would make
NO sense


Beastmaster would actually make a great deal of sense.


Edited, Aug 8th 2013 11:04am by KarlHungis
#88 Aug 08 2013 at 9:04 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Boo no one on one fights in Colloseum.

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?

"-In six months, add-on tools will be ready"

Are they talking expansions or something else?



Player made tools like DPS meter.



Quote:
"-Completing job and AF quests solo: with enough skill it can be done. For AF it can be done solo by traveling the world. "

So basically it CAN be done solo if youre good, otherwise youll need help.. now THATS the kinda stuff I like to hear as opposed to "it can be done solo period... skilled or not no help is required"


It's nice to have some solo challenges. It's easier to program and prepare challenging fights meant just for one class or job because of balancing.

Quote:
"-Sending /tell in instanced raids: not available to avoid players to be mean (talking trash about party members in /tell I guess), and there are plans to expand the Duty Finder. At that time, /tell may be available in instanced raids."

So they dont let you send tells to prevent trash talking but when Duty Finder is expanded (hopefully with a your server only option) then youll be able to send tells? Because expanding the Duty Finder will some how erase the nee to trash talk? ookay


He's basically saying he's limiting distractions while on Duty, and that once duty finder is expanded it will be reconsidered.

Quote:
"-As for the primals being different than 1.x, since Ifrit was different in the beta, the primals will be similar to 1.x with some extra changes. Take the battlefield layout into consideration."

Since Ifrit was different in the beta than he was in 1.x theyre gonna make the primals similar to 1.x? Huh? That makes no sense. Shouldnt it be more like "Since Ifrit was different in the beta we'll make teh rest different too"?


You're reading this wrong. Essentially Ifrit is similar to it's 1.xx version but differs slightly due to the fight mechanics of ARR, expect similar differences in Garuda.

Quote:
"-Crystal Tower is 24-man content. Yoshi says it is too hard so they're making it so you can use Duty Finder and join up with others. 2.1 patch it will be available, making adjustments right now. 3-4 months maybe. "

Its too hard so theyre making it available for Duty Finder? Huh? Umm wouldnt hard content be even harder if youre doing it with a bunch of randoms?


My unreasonable hatred for the super-hardcore crowd smiles at this, but to be fair what they are saying is that it's too hard for Duty Finder, and they want to ease it up a bit so it's possible to succeed. It may still be very hard, but they don't want it to be impossible to achieve with a PUG.

Quote:
"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits"

What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


"Fire Resistant Gear." Is a joke name for skimpy swimsuit outfits.

Quote:
"-Smartphone app and for iPad"

Wish that app was on PS Vita too


Make the recommendation, I wouldn't mind this either.

Quote:
"-Outside of credit card and crysta (Yoshi shows a few cards) these are sold in convenience stores and other game shops called Game Time. Gives you 30 days or 60 days. Lots of designs for the cards. Available in every region. "

Soo did they just pretty much confirm game cards (i.e ppl wont NEED credit/debit cards to play)?


Yes.

Quote:
"About other classes branching to two jobs:"

I hope they mean NEW jobs I mean I Pugilist becoming anything other than a Monk would make
NO sense


You mean new Classes. And no, You can fully expect that Puglist will have a job other than Monk to turn into. There are other possibilities within the scope of Final Fantasy to turn it into. The most simple idea of these is Puppetmaster, which was also a HtH class in FFXI.


Edited, Aug 8th 2013 11:05am by Hyrist
#89 Aug 08 2013 at 9:05 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,707 posts
Quote:
He means that it will likely be too hard right off of the bat to find 24 people who want to do Crystal Tower with you at the same time.


I hope that's what that means. I'd hate to think the content was so hard for their QA guys that they feel they need to make it easy enough for 24 strangers to complete it. That would be the worst thing.

Quote:
Fishing won't affect the economy


Smiley: dubious That's impossible.

There are a couple of things in this live letter that are concerning to me... hopefully they turn out to be ok.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#90 Aug 08 2013 at 9:05 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,030 posts
Wint wrote:
Add on tools are tools for add ons. There is going to be a program you use to create them, this was in my interview I did with him back in February.



so youre saying the game will have user generated content?
#91 Aug 08 2013 at 9:06 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
KarlHungis wrote:


Quote:

"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits"

What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


Mobs don't have elemental weaknesses, but they do have elemental attacks. Fire resistant gear would decrease damage against... wait for it.... wait for it... fire attacks.




Not quite - it's a joke name for swimwear.
#92 Aug 08 2013 at 9:10 AM Rating: Default
***
1,218 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:


Quote:

"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits"

What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


Mobs don't have elemental weaknesses, but they do have elemental attacks. Fire resistant gear would decrease damage against... wait for it.... wait for it... fire attacks.




Not quite - it's a joke name for swimwear.


Yes, quite. I answered the question which was asked, which was why we would need elemental resistance gear. Your inability to understand the question being asked doesn't make my answer less correct.

"Fire resistant gear" may indeed be an in joke, but that wasn't what the question asked.

Edited, Aug 8th 2013 11:20am by KarlHungis
#93 Aug 08 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,030 posts
Valkayree wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?


They said that you can fish up treasure maps.




I know but what I was asking is these maps will obviously tell the location of treasure.. I was wondering if one could accidentally stumble upon these treasures if they didnt have a map
#94 Aug 08 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Wint wrote:
Add on tools are tools for add ons. There is going to be a program you use to create them, this was in my interview I did with him back in February.



so youre saying the game will have user generated content?


No, UI addons. Boss timers, damage meters, custom UIs, etc.

Sounds like a more tightly controlled (and hopefully, console friendly) version of what exists in WoW.
#95 Aug 08 2013 at 9:13 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,218 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?


They said that you can fish up treasure maps.




I know but what I was asking is these maps will obviously tell the location of treasure.. I was wondering if one could accidentally stumble upon these treasures if they didnt have a map


The treasure only exists if you have the map, like any other quest item which only exists for those who are doing the quest.
#96 Aug 08 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,030 posts
Hyrist wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Boo no one on one fights in Colloseum.

ALso since you get treaasure maps i would assume there are treasure chests but could you stumble upon these treasures id you dont have a map (from simply just exploring)?

"-In six months, add-on tools will be ready"

Are they talking expansions or something else?



Player made tools like DPS meter.



Quote:
"-Completing job and AF quests solo: with enough skill it can be done. For AF it can be done solo by traveling the world. "

So basically it CAN be done solo if youre good, otherwise youll need help.. now THATS the kinda stuff I like to hear as opposed to "it can be done solo period... skilled or not no help is required"


It's nice to have some solo challenges. It's easier to program and prepare challenging fights meant just for one class or job because of balancing.

Quote:
"-Sending /tell in instanced raids: not available to avoid players to be mean (talking trash about party members in /tell I guess), and there are plans to expand the Duty Finder. At that time, /tell may be available in instanced raids."

So they dont let you send tells to prevent trash talking but when Duty Finder is expanded (hopefully with a your server only option) then youll be able to send tells? Because expanding the Duty Finder will some how erase the nee to trash talk? ookay


He's basically saying he's limiting distractions while on Duty, and that once duty finder is expanded it will be reconsidered.

Quote:
"-As for the primals being different than 1.x, since Ifrit was different in the beta, the primals will be similar to 1.x with some extra changes. Take the battlefield layout into consideration."

Since Ifrit was different in the beta than he was in 1.x theyre gonna make the primals similar to 1.x? Huh? That makes no sense. Shouldnt it be more like "Since Ifrit was different in the beta we'll make teh rest different too"?


You're reading this wrong. Essentially Ifrit is similar to it's 1.xx version but differs slightly due to the fight mechanics of ARR, expect similar differences in Garuda.

Quote:
"-Crystal Tower is 24-man content. Yoshi says it is too hard so they're making it so you can use Duty Finder and join up with others. 2.1 patch it will be available, making adjustments right now. 3-4 months maybe. "

Its too hard so theyre making it available for Duty Finder? Huh? Umm wouldnt hard content be even harder if youre doing it with a bunch of randoms?


My unreasonable hatred for the super-hardcore crowd smiles at this, but to be fair what they are saying is that it's too hard for Duty Finder, and they want to ease it up a bit so it's possible to succeed. It may still be very hard, but they don't want it to be impossible to achieve with a PUG.

Quote:
"-Fire resistant gear/swimsuits"

What would we need this for? I thought there was no elemental weaknesses in this game?


"Fire Resistant Gear." Is a joke name for skimpy swimsuit outfits.

Quote:
"-Smartphone app and for iPad"

Wish that app was on PS Vita too


Make the recommendation, I wouldn't mind this either.

Quote:
"-Outside of credit card and crysta (Yoshi shows a few cards) these are sold in convenience stores and other game shops called Game Time. Gives you 30 days or 60 days. Lots of designs for the cards. Available in every region. "

Soo did they just pretty much confirm game cards (i.e ppl wont NEED credit/debit cards to play)?


Yes.

Quote:
"About other classes branching to two jobs:"

I hope they mean NEW jobs I mean I Pugilist becoming anything other than a Monk would make
NO sense


You mean new Classes. And no, You can fully expect that Puglist will have a job other than Monk to turn into. There are other possibilities within the scope of Final Fantasy to turn it into. The most simple idea of these is Puppetmaster, which was also a HtH class in FFXI.


Edited, Aug 8th 2013 11:05am by Hyrist


No I meant jobs. i,e with teh CURRENT jobs Pugilist becoming anything other than Monk makes NO sense.. now if they added new JOBS the pugilist could become (i.e puppetmaster) then one class having a path to more than 1 job would make sense. but new JOBS would have to be made first


Also where would I make the recommendation for that Vita app?
#97 Aug 08 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

"About other classes branching to two jobs:"

I hope they mean NEW jobs I mean I Pugilist becoming anything other than a Monk would make
NO sense


Beastmaster would actually make a great deal of sense.


Or brawler. Or some kung-fu type class like Yang from FFIV (yeah I know he's classified as a mnk, but they could definitely make it different enough) or even Sabin from FFVI.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#98 Aug 08 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
I'm recalling old info here, but I recall that player ad-dons won't transfer over to PS3/4 versions. So the idea of 'console friendly' should probably be put on hold until we hear more about it specifically.

The whole coding thing with the Playstation sort of makes these things difficult from the onset.
#99 Aug 08 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,030 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Wint wrote:
Add on tools are tools for add ons. There is going to be a program you use to create them, this was in my interview I did with him back in February.



so youre saying the game will have user generated content?


No, UI addons. Boss timers, damage meters, custom UIs, etc.

Sounds like a more tightly controlled (and hopefully, console friendly) version of what exists in WoW.



nah Im sure itll be more like windower.. i.e all those special perks will only work for pc players
#100 Aug 08 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:


Quote:
Fishing won't affect the economy


Smiley: dubious That's impossible.



I hope and pray that you are right Smiley: frown
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#101 Aug 08 2013 at 9:16 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
BartelX wrote:
KarlHungis wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

"About other classes branching to two jobs:"

I hope they mean NEW jobs I mean I Pugilist becoming anything other than a Monk would make
NO sense


Beastmaster would actually make a great deal of sense.


Or brawler. Or some kung-fu type class like Yang from FFIV (yeah I know he's classified as a mnk, but they could definitely make it different enough) or even Sabin from FFVI.


Bum Rush FTW
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 91 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (91)