Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

PS3 code trade or spare PC codeFollow

#1 Aug 10 2013 at 6:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
535 posts
I know this is probably a long shot.... But does anyone have a spare PC beta key, or would trade for a PS3 key?

I registered for PS3 beta, and like it enough to buy a dedicated computer that is capable of running the game at full settings. I am stuck with PS3 beta though unless I can find a spare PC beta key, lol

Like I said, I know its a long long shot. But if ya dont ask, you wont know...

Thanks.
--Dexx
____________________________
Lead, follow, or get the **** out of my way!
Dexx
#2 Aug 10 2013 at 7:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
If you were in the PS3 beta, you are also in the PC beta.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#3 Aug 10 2013 at 7:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Also any keys are no longer valid.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#4 Aug 10 2013 at 7:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
535 posts
I did not think they were transferable. But if this is correct then that is great news.

Wint wrote:
Also any keys are no longer valid.


I am confused on how this works. I was expecting an updated PS3 beta key (from what I presume, PC phase 4 keys have been issued...?)

But the "new codes" are good for either platform?

Edited, Aug 10th 2013 7:25pm by DexxH
____________________________
Lead, follow, or get the **** out of my way!
Dexx
#5 Aug 10 2013 at 8:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
463 posts
Isnt P4 an "open" beta anyways? Can't anyone just get in at this point or am I misunderstanding what OB means.
____________________________
Gadhelyn wrote:
This one time at FFXIV camp I tried to get a 3 person party going, but just ended up as a Disciple of the Hand.


#6 Aug 10 2013 at 9:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
535 posts
Elamille wrote:
Isnt P4 an "open" beta anyways? Can't anyone just get in at this point or am I misunderstanding what OB means.


You would think.... but you still needed to register and get a code for open beta. Not sure if the "open" part, meant they give codes to everyone or not.
____________________________
Lead, follow, or get the **** out of my way!
Dexx
#7 Aug 10 2013 at 9:21 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
DexxH wrote:
I did not think they were transferable. But if this is correct then that is great news.

Wint wrote:
Also any keys are no longer valid.


I am confused on how this works. I was expecting an updated PS3 beta key (from what I presume, PC phase 4 keys have been issued...?)

But the "new codes" are good for either platform?

Edited, Aug 10th 2013 7:25pm by DexxH


If you got a phase 3 email for ps3, there was 2 codes in it. One for your SE account and one for your PSN account. The one for the PSN account was just to download the client. That client is now useless. The first code, for your SE account, added a FFXIV beta service account to your SE account. That automatically grants you access to the game from any platform.

For phase 4, you will have access automatically because you registered the code (you did, right?). And you will receive a new PSN code to download the new client.

If you did not register the code you got, then it might be inactive and you'll have to ask for one again when they let you on the 17th (I think). I believe you'll be automatically accepted but who knows how well it's gonna work though.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#8 Aug 10 2013 at 10:34 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
535 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
If you got a phase 3 email for ps3, there was 2 codes in it. One for your SE account and one for your PSN account. The one for the PSN account was just to download the client. That client is now useless. The first code, for your SE account, added a FFXIV beta service account to your SE account. That automatically grants you access to the game from any platform.

For phase 4, you will have access automatically because you registered the code (you did, right?). And you will receive a new PSN code to download the new client.

If you did not register the code you got, then it might be inactive and you'll have to ask for one again when they let you on the 17th (I think). I believe you'll be automatically accepted but who knows how well it's gonna work though.


Thank you for the additional clarity. That makes perfect sense, and am happy that it will work.

I appreciate your help good sir(or madame XD)
____________________________
Lead, follow, or get the **** out of my way!
Dexx
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 83 All times are in CST
Callinon, Lyrailis, squiress, Thayos, Anonymous Guests (79)