Contention is a Free Company that will make Leviathan our home.. We are comprised of veterans from other MMO’s with years Raiding at the highest Caliber. We boast of a mature and intelligent membership with the majority of our members being a solid mix of working professionals and college students . Our average age is between 28-35 with a couple old school players mixed in. We have a modest raid schedule compared to many high-end guilds, roughly 12-16 hours per week during progression and when content has been completed we raid dramatically less than that. Our goal is to build the best team possible. To See, Enjoy and Defeat all the content that Final Fantasy XIV: ARR has to offer us.
Things we look for in our members
Teamwork - First and foremost, we are a team. You succeed or fail as a team We want players who can function in a group, communicate effectively, and execute a given role.
Analytical - We greatly value players who consistently look for ways to contribute to overall raid optimization and strategy. Analyzing your own performance and striving for constant improvement is a must.
Competitive Nature - We want players who seek to be the best at their Job and Role. We aren't interested in players who will do anything to top the meters at the expense of the raid. We do want people who bring friendly competition into our Company and will challenge our current raiders to make them better at their roles.
Raid Awareness - We look for players who know how to adapt and react to their surroundings while still playing near peak performance. Standing in fire and not understanding why you died, isn't acceptable.
Dedication and Reliability - show up consistently and on time, we do understand that RL happens.
Socially Active - We want people who are interested in participating in guild activities outside of raids. If you are only logging in for raids and logging off as soon they end, we may not be the Company for you.
* A solid computer able to run the game without issues and reliable internet. Nothing worse than losing people in the middle of a raid because their internet lagged
.* Headset and Microphone are mandatory.
* Mumble is what we use for Voice chat
.* Raid attendance above 80%
* Players who can accept constructive criticism and who are dedicated to constantly improving their performance
What we have to offer:
* A solid Company of dedicated players who show up to raids prepared and ready to progress
* A fun raid environment that's fairly laid back and casual while still pushing content.
* A stable, fun and welcoming guild atmosphere; we are drama free and personable
* A DKP Fixed Sum loot system which rewards attendance.
* An active group of players who regularly group outside of raids for Dungeons, XP grinds and Questing.
* Competitive progression with an light raid schedule
* A focused and efficient raid environment* An active leadership who is open to suggestion
Time Schedules Typical Raid Schedule is Tuesday - Thursday 7pm to 11pm EST, Possibly a Sunday when progression is needed. Will vary once raids are on Farm
Think you'd be a good fit for us? Please click the link below.