Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

PS3 Digital Pre-Order Download AvailableFollow

#1 Aug 13 2013 at 1:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/search/q=final%20fantasy%20xiv

And here is the link to the beta forum thread about it: http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/98364-PS3-Digital-FFXIV-ARR-up-for-sale

Note that the digital Collector's Edition only includes the in-game items, not the physical ones. Added "pre-order" in the thread title to avoid confusion.

Edited, Aug 13th 2013 2:38pm by Atkascha
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#2 Aug 13 2013 at 1:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
ahh, here I thought you meant the PS3 client for P4
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#3 Aug 13 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
No, sorry. A few people have been complaining about the lack of information about this digital download. It's a little too late now, since I'm sure most have pre-ordered from Amazon and other retailers.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#4 Aug 13 2013 at 1:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
I was about to post this and you beat me to it. I noticed a few things that were interesting. The game is 6.3GB. They have both the standard and CE online.However, it looks like the CE doesn't offer much of the goodies. I could live without the DVD history of making the game and the token, but I kinda wanted all the in-game items. The cheaper price of 59.99 is better than 79.99 though.
#5 Aug 13 2013 at 2:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
Helpful info.
The CE registration code when applied to your account supplies the CE items to characters on that account, there isn't a separate code. You can apply your registration code received with your copy of the game at launch. The pre-order code you've already received (if you pre-ordered) can be registered August 20th to affirm your account for early access.

However, neither your pre-order items, nor your CE items will arrive to any characters on your account until the official launch of the game.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#6 Aug 13 2013 at 2:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I was about to post this and you beat me to it. I noticed a few things that were interesting. The game is 6.3GB. They have both the standard and CE online.However, it looks like the CE doesn't offer much of the goodies. I could live without the DVD history of making the game and the token, but I kinda wanted all the in-game items. The cheaper price of 59.99 is better than 79.99 though.


I'm considering cancelling my order from Gamestop and just buying the CE digital download for PS3... with two copies of the game (My fiance and I) that's a $40 savings!


Edit: Poor grammar and spelling corrected.

Edited, Aug 13th 2013 4:47pm by Hairspray
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#7 Aug 13 2013 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
95 posts
OMG! Thanks! I was waiting for this information so long ago. I was actually thinking in pre-order the game from Gamestop today.
____________________________
Pia Lior - Ultros
#8 Aug 13 2013 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
51 posts
I thought the digital version wouldn't be available at launch?
____________________________
Name: Huey Hiiirule
Server: Ultros
PSN: Link-2the-Past
#9 Aug 13 2013 at 3:05 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Wait, PC users have to wait until the 15th but console users get it now? Thats BS
____________________________
BANNED
#10 Aug 13 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Wait, PC users have to wait until the 15th but console users get it now? Thats BS


Please pay attention. This is for the actual game, not the phase 4 client.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#11 Aug 13 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Atkascha wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Wait, PC users have to wait until the 15th but console users get it now? Thats BS


Please pay attention. This is for the actual game, not the phase 4 client.

It should be one and same since phase four client is same as launch
____________________________
BANNED
#12 Aug 13 2013 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Wait, PC users have to wait until the 15th but console users get it now? Thats BS


Please pay attention. This is for the actual game, not the phase 4 client.

It should be one and same since phase four client is same as launch


Not necessarily. You still have to register the PS3 version and purchase it. PC digital pre-orders have been available for months. For those who either aren't able to participate in the beta or don't want to bother with the discs shipped to us, this option is finally available for PS3 users.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#13 Aug 13 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Atkascha wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Wait, PC users have to wait until the 15th but console users get it now? Thats BS


Please pay attention. This is for the actual game, not the phase 4 client.

It should be one and same since phase four client is same as launch


Not necessarily. You still have to register the PS3 version and purchase it. PC digital pre-orders have been available for months. For those who either aren't able to participate in the beta or don't want to bother with the discs shipped to us, this option is finally available for PS3 users.

Doesnt mean its a different client, just means at launch they will need retail key to keep playing.
____________________________
BANNED
#14 Aug 13 2013 at 7:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
Cancelled my pre-order with EBGames and got that one instead. Saving taxes and shipping plus not having to keep a disc in the PS3? That's a win-win-win to me!

Plus it'll be downloaded already.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#15 Aug 13 2013 at 7:52 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
95 posts
Ok soooo.....I just got my PS3 code but i'm already downloading the PSN digital version....do I need to input the code once the download finish? Im totally lost now.
____________________________
Pia Lior - Ultros
#16 Aug 13 2013 at 8:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
This is not for the beta. The code you received in the email is the PS Store promotion code to download the PS3 launcher. You don't need to do anything else for the time being.

This pre-order is for the retail version which will include the registration code to input on August 27th.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#17 Aug 13 2013 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
95 posts
Atkascha wrote:
This is not for the beta. The code you received in the email is the PS Store promotion code to download the PS3 launcher. You don't need to do anything else for the time being.

This pre-order is for the retail version which will include the registration code to input on August 27th.


So just to get this straight. There are two clients, one for Beta and other for final release?
____________________________
Pia Lior - Ultros
#18 Aug 13 2013 at 8:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
PavetlXIV wrote:
Atkascha wrote:
This is not for the beta. The code you received in the email is the PS Store promotion code to download the PS3 launcher. You don't need to do anything else for the time being.

This pre-order is for the retail version which will include the registration code to input on August 27th.


So just to get this straight. There are two clients, one for Beta and other for final release?


It will reportedly be the same client. All you will need the retail version for is the registration code that comes in the box if you ordered the disc, or it will be included in the digital download version through PSN. Unless S-E says otherwise, keep the open beta client on your system.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#19 Aug 13 2013 at 8:57 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
617 posts
Hairspray wrote:
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I was about to post this and you beat me to it. I noticed a few things that were interesting. The game is 6.3GB. They have both the standard and CE online.However, it looks like the CE doesn't offer much of the goodies. I could live without the DVD history of making the game and the token, but I kinda wanted all the in-game items. The cheaper price of 59.99 is better than 79.99 though.


I'm considering cancelling my order from Gamestop and just buying the CE digital download for PS3... with two copies of the game (My fiance and I) that's a $40 savings!


Edit: Poor grammar and spelling corrected.

Edited, Aug 13th 2013 4:47pm by Hairspray


Same, although it's just me, and I'm not just considering it, I'm definitely going to GameStop tomorrow and yelling at them to cancel my pre-order. Those jerks never gave me my early access code anyway!
#20 Aug 13 2013 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
95 posts
Some people in Beta forums are saying that client for P4 and PSN download have the same size. Perhaps the PS3 code we got by mail is for those who bought a retail version (or plan to do so) whereas the PSN version is the full set (Beta 4, Early Access).

SE should have given a bit more information on this before lunching this on PSN.
____________________________
Pia Lior - Ultros
#21 Aug 14 2013 at 7:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
48 posts
anyone got the early access code from buying PSN digital version yet?
#22 Aug 14 2013 at 7:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
660 posts
VioletUK wrote:
anyone got the early access code from buying PSN digital version yet?


The early access is already included with the other pre-order bonuses such as the in-game items. You don't need a code for it for the digital version.
____________________________
Nasozan, Midgardsormr Server. R.I.P.
75 BRD, SAM, WHM; 74 THF, BLM; 69 PLD, BST.
Darth Howie wrote:
Woe unto he who tries to be helpful, for upon him shall be lain the burdens of all.
- Squall 15:11
#23 Aug 14 2013 at 8:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
48 posts
Atkascha wrote:
The early access is already included with the other pre-order bonuses such as the in-game items. You don't need a code for it for the digital version.


thanks ^^b
#24 Aug 15 2013 at 3:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
135 posts
Things are so unclear. I'm asking cause I may be able to help out here.

I was in Phase 3. Just got my Phase 4 beta code however I am planning on buying the Digital CE version tomorrow on PSN. Is the client I get from that the same as the P4 client aka I could just pre-order the CE and let someone else use my P4 code? Since my SE account is already flagged for beta access, the code they sent me should be just to get to the client page on the PSN but buying the game should also just take me to the same client download page right?

This is the thread on the beta forums but nothing is definitive:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/98862-PSN-digital-dl-beta-and-codes
#25 Aug 15 2013 at 8:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
48 posts
i buy e digital version via psn & cant link e se account to my psn account....
#26 Aug 15 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
PavetlXIV wrote:
Some people in Beta forums are saying that client for P4 and PSN download have the same size. Perhaps the PS3 code we got by mail is for those who bought a retail version (or plan to do so) whereas the PSN version is the full set (Beta 4, Early Access).

SE should have given a bit more information on this before lunching this on PSN.


Hold on, so if I go home right now and download the PSN version I can play in the Beta 4 without a code (even though I jumped on the FFXIV bandwagon on August 1 and didn't get signed up)?
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#27 Aug 15 2013 at 10:15 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
Valkayree wrote:
PavetlXIV wrote:
Some people in Beta forums are saying that client for P4 and PSN download have the same size. Perhaps the PS3 code we got by mail is for those who bought a retail version (or plan to do so) whereas the PSN version is the full set (Beta 4, Early Access).

SE should have given a bit more information on this before lunching this on PSN.


Hold on, so if I go home right now and download the PSN version I can play in the Beta 4 without a code (even though I jumped on the FFXIV bandwagon on August 1 and didn't get signed up)?



I guess we'll know tomorrow, but here are the facts I know:

1. I bought the game on PSN and downloaded it
2. I registered the beta code for phase 4 on the PSN website
3. I went in the download list, the phase 4 client wasn't there.
4. I registered the same code again, on the PS3 this time
5. I started the download. It was the same name (not "beta") as the final client
6. This morning after the download finished, I was left with still only one game.

All of this points to: yes, they're both good to play in P4 (and I wasted a good beta key, apparently)
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#28 Oct 04 2013 at 1:21 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
I have a really confusing problem. I have pre-ordered FFXIV: ARR Collector's Edition via Playstation Store and added the services to my Square Enix account. (Note that I have already registered to beta trial and was able to play the game at that time on PS3) But a few days ago Square Enix sent me a message mentioning that my Square Enix beta trial has ended and if I wanted to play the game I would need a subscription. I tried logging into the game today but it said that I have no valid or available services. What is this all about? I purchased the game / pre-ordered it and got it already. Why would I need to purchase a subs. and why the **** is my FF service isn't there? Please help me :(
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#29 Oct 04 2013 at 3:32 PM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
It may be time for you to put in your payment info. That's a total guess but when it was time for me to actually start paying for the game it told me the same thing.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 72 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (71)