Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

how would this do in teh benchmark?Follow

#1 Aug 14 2013 at 9:12 PM Rating: Default
****
4,928 posts
or how well would it run FFXIV? Befoer you say "justdl teh benchmark and see" Well I dont have the laptop yet sooo yeah:

4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780M 4,096MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11
32GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (4 SODIMMS)
1,000GB [1TB] 5400RPM [Serial-ATA II 3GB/s]
6x Blu-Ray Burner/Reader / 8X DVDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
Intel® Dual Band AC 7260 802.11 A/AC/B/G/N 2.4/5.0GHz + Bluetooth™ 4.0
~Windows 8 - 64-Bit (64-Bit CD Included) + MS Office 2013 Trial


so how well would that work for FFXIV?
#2 Aug 14 2013 at 9:19 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
Very well.
#3 Aug 14 2013 at 9:25 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,928 posts
btw ma friend of mine claims he could built a PC (desktop) with equal to better specs than the specs above for WAY less than what that laptop costs.. soo for you PC experts out there roughly how much would a PC of similar specs cost?
#4 Aug 14 2013 at 9:46 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
You forgot to mention how much the laptop is gonna cost you. Also why on earth do you need 32 gigs of ram? Just from the looks of it, your building an alienware and if that is the case and you are dead set on it or any other custom build pc for that matter, go with the standard HDD and RAM they charge a ton when you can buy cheaper online and install it yourself. Back to the RAM though, unless your doing maybe CAD work or anything else crazy, you will never ever use more then 8 gigs.
#5 Aug 14 2013 at 9:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Just check this sheet for a reference:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFkM1_JharvdGlIc0dwMmcyWDVoR1gzTGp2UlJUVmc#gid=0
____________________________


#6 Aug 14 2013 at 10:03 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,928 posts

doesnt have the 780M listed
#7 Aug 14 2013 at 10:05 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,928 posts
Citan001 wrote:
You forgot to mention how much the laptop is gonna cost you. Also why on earth do you need 32 gigs of ram? Just from the looks of it, your building an alienware and if that is the case and you are dead set on it or any other custom build pc for that matter, go with the standard HDD and RAM they charge a ton when you can buy cheaper online and install it yourself. Back to the RAM though, unless your doing maybe CAD work or anything else crazy, you will never ever use more then 8 gigs.



Yeah i know Id never need 32gb or RAM but if you can afford it why not get it right? As for the laptop cost well thats irrelevant right now as im interested in how much a PC of similar build's price would be, also no its not an alienware
#8 Aug 15 2013 at 12:43 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,134 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Citan001 wrote:
You forgot to mention how much the laptop is gonna cost you. Also why on earth do you need 32 gigs of ram? Just from the looks of it, your building an alienware and if that is the case and you are dead set on it or any other custom build pc for that matter, go with the standard HDD and RAM they charge a ton when you can buy cheaper online and install it yourself. Back to the RAM though, unless your doing maybe CAD work or anything else crazy, you will never ever use more then 8 gigs.



Yeah i know Id never need 32gb or RAM but if you can afford it why not get it right? As for the laptop cost well thats irrelevant right now as im interested in how much a PC of similar build's price would be, also no its not an alienware

I can afford to go to McDonalds drive-thru, buy a bunch of value meals, eat one and throw the rest of them out the window as I drive away laughing maniacally. There's just no point to it. If it's a package deal and you have no other option then it is what it is. If you have the ability to slim it down to 8GB, you should do that. Spend money for the sake of spending money? I can't tell you what to do with your money, but I can and will tell you when what you do with your money is stupid. Smiley: sly

Edited, Aug 15th 2013 2:44am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#9 Aug 15 2013 at 1:52 AM Rating: Decent
9 posts
All off of newegg.com
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K - $339
Galaxy 78NNH5DN00G0 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 SLI Support Full-height Video Card - $649
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR - $259
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - $89
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-14D1XT - $99
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Extreme OC High Performance Triple CFX/ SLI Intel Motherboard - $184
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM - $99

Add in $300 or less for a Power Supply and Case of you choice
And monitors are a personal preference maybe another $200

Looking at $2222, and it will run better tan the laptop. Maybe not alot better but still.
#10 Aug 15 2013 at 6:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Cpyro135 wrote:
All off of newegg.com
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K - $339
Galaxy 78NNH5DN00G0 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 SLI Support Full-height Video Card - $649
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR - $259
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - $89
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-14D1XT - $99
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Extreme OC High Performance Triple CFX/ SLI Intel Motherboard - $184
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM - $99

Add in $300 or less for a Power Supply and Case of you choice
And monitors are a personal preference maybe another $200

Looking at $2222, and it will run better tan the laptop. Maybe not alot better but still.


This reallt makes me feel great that I spent only $650 on my computer for nearly the same thing, only I have a 680 ti (which is like half the price) and still score 9k+ on the benchmark. Anything over 7k is gravy, and almost pointless, though it is future-proof.
____________________________


#11 Aug 15 2013 at 7:33 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,928 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Cpyro135 wrote:
All off of newegg.com
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K - $339
Galaxy 78NNH5DN00G0 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 SLI Support Full-height Video Card - $649
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR - $259
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - $89
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-14D1XT - $99
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Extreme OC High Performance Triple CFX/ SLI Intel Motherboard - $184
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM - $99

Add in $300 or less for a Power Supply and Case of you choice
And monitors are a personal preference maybe another $200

Looking at $2222, and it will run better tan the laptop. Maybe not alot better but still.


This reallt makes me feel great that I spent only $650 on my computer for nearly the same thing, only I have a 680 ti (which is like half the price) and still score 9k+ on the benchmark. Anything over 7k is gravy, and almost pointless, though it is future-proof.




so youre saying you got a $2222 PC for just $650? umm how?
#12 Aug 15 2013 at 7:34 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,928 posts
Cpyro135 wrote:
All off of newegg.com
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K - $339
Galaxy 78NNH5DN00G0 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 SLI Support Full-height Video Card - $649
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR - $259
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - $89
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-14D1XT - $99
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Extreme OC High Performance Triple CFX/ SLI Intel Motherboard - $184
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM - $99

Add in $300 or less for a Power Supply and Case of you choice
And monitors are a personal preference maybe another $200

Looking at $2222, and it will run better tan the laptop. Maybe not alot better but still.



the laptop is $2327 (that includes shipping, tax etc etc) so thew pc isnt THAT much cheaper... my friend makes it sound as if he could build an equivalent pc for 1000-1500
#13 Aug 15 2013 at 10:20 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
Cpyro135 wrote:
All off of newegg.com
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K - $339
Galaxy 78NNH5DN00G0 GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 SLI Support Full-height Video Card - $649
G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GSR - $259
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - $89
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner SATA BW-14D1XT - $99
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Extreme OC High Performance Triple CFX/ SLI Intel Motherboard - $184
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Full Version) - OEM - $99

Add in $300 or less for a Power Supply and Case of you choice
And monitors are a personal preference maybe another $200

Looking at $2222, and it will run better tan the laptop. Maybe not alot better but still.


This reallt makes me feel great that I spent only $650 on my computer for nearly the same thing, only I have a 680 ti (which is like half the price) and still score 9k+ on the benchmark. Anything over 7k is gravy, and almost pointless, though it is future-proof.




so youre saying you got a $2222 PC for just $650? umm how?


I built it, already had a monitor, and used an earlier gen i-7 chip because they are practically the same thing with no noticable difference except price.

i-7 960 - Corsair Motherboard - 12 gb ram - $350
GTX 660 ti - 200
600w Power Supply - 50
Mid Tower - 50

I took my old hard drives (1 tb) so it's a bit higher if you need one. all from NewEgg or amazon. I did this on Monday.

Screenshot


Edited, Aug 15th 2013 12:21pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#14 Aug 15 2013 at 11:13 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
well max if your just playing ffxiv you can build a decent machine for the price he mentioned and still rip through other games.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 107 All times are in CDT
Thayos, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (105)