Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Suspended Access to SE AccountFollow

#1 Aug 15 2013 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
56 posts
Has anyone else had any trouble with their SE account login being restricted due to "suspicious activity"?

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to regain access to my account. I tried to change my password, which was a method the support site listed to lift the restriction, however, I either never set my security questions or they have been changed. Thus, I cannot change my password to access my account. Any pointers learned from anyone's prior dealing with similar events would be much appreciated!
#2 Aug 15 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
56 posts
Also, I have yet to receive my beta phase 4 codes though I took part in closed beta, phase 3 specifically. Is it possible that someone has hijacked my account since then? I have had access to the beta forums since phase 3 and have had no prior login restrictions on this account.
#3 Aug 15 2013 at 11:00 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
If you played phase 3 on the PC you won't get another code for phase 4.
#4 Aug 15 2013 at 11:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
kwenzeler wrote:
Has anyone else had any trouble with their SE account login being restricted due to "suspicious activity"?

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to regain access to my account. I tried to change my password, which was a method the support site listed to lift the restriction, however, I either never set my security questions or they have been changed. Thus, I cannot change my password to access my account. Any pointers learned from anyone's prior dealing with similar events would be much appreciated!


The suspicious activity message is usually because you try accessing the game from an IP it's not used to yet.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#5 Aug 15 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
On PC?

Did it make you answer security questions to reset your password?

You should be able to reset your password and set your security questions at the same time. You need to get logged in first.

If you are absolutely stumped logging into your account you have to call Square Enix Support Center: 1-858-790-7529.

Your account knows you were in Phase 3, get that addressed first.
#6 Aug 15 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
56 posts
Meant to mention that I'm a ps3 player.

As for logging in at a different IP address-- that would make sense considering that I've moved homes since the last beta.

If this is the case, how long until my restrictions are lifted or how should I go about getting them lifted?
Also, I cannot gain access to my account at all, including account management.

Edited, Aug 15th 2013 1:05pm by kwenzeler
#7 Aug 15 2013 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
You have to go to your SE account's linked email address, and follow the link to reset your password.
#8 Aug 15 2013 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
56 posts
Gnu wrote:
You have to go to your SE account's linked email address, and follow the link to reset your password.


I have done this. In order to reset the password I have to answer a security question which, I have either never set or has somehow been changed.
#9 Aug 15 2013 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
I did have this problem once. Let me guess, you have not logged into your SE account since playing FFXI?

I followed this process, but let me tell you a shortcut.

SquareEnix Support Center wrote:
I forgot my Square Enix account/password. What should I do?

Related error message: “ID or password is incorrect.”

If you need your SQUARE ENIX ID, please try logging into the SQUARE ENIX Account Management page with your email address. After successfully logging in, your SQUARE ENIX ID will be listed at the top of the page. Please be aware that your email address must match the registered email address on the SQUARE ENIX Account including case sensitivity.

If you have forgotten your password, please use the password reset function.

If you are having difficulties with the security question/answer, please keep in mind that the answer is case sensitive. When registering an account, you are forced to select and answer one of the four predetermined questions. If you have forgotten or you are not sure which question you chose, please attempt to answer each of the questions provided. Spaces are accepted as valid characters in your Secret Answer. If you are certain of the answer for your chosen Secret Question yet the system is not accepting your entry, please try adding a space(s) before or after your entry.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact us by using the Additional Assistance button below.


Assuming you have tried everything above, go ahead and call the support center, I sure the wait times today will be horrible, sorry about that.

One thing is the people who finally answer your call will ask for your Support Ticket # (you are supposed to acquire one through the SE Support Center before calling). Tell them that their system would not give you a ticket number, and they will generate one for you. If you tell them you don't have one, they WILL make you go get one and then wait on hold again.

Good luck man. I know this was frustrating for me as well the first time I saw those security questions.



Edited, Aug 15th 2013 1:18pm by Gnu
#10 Aug 15 2013 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Well it happen to me when I tried to log in to download in the pc version. But it wasn't something new. It happen to me twice when I was in phase 2. I only had to reset my password with the email I got.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#11 Aug 15 2013 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
56 posts
Gnu wrote:


Assuming you have tried everything above, go ahead and call the support center, I sure the wait times today will be horrible, sorry about that.

One thing is the people who finally answer your call will ask for your Support Ticket # (you are supposed to acquire one through the SE Support Center before calling). Tell them that their system would not give you a ticket number, and they will generate one for you. If you tell them you don't have one, they WILL make you go get one and then wait on hold again.

Good luck man. I know this was frustrating for me as well the first time I saw those security questions.



Edited, Aug 15th 2013 1:18pm by Gnu


This was key info.! Thanks so much. After much waiting to speak with a square representative I told them I was unable to get a ticket number due to their system and received help immediately.

In the end it turns out I mindlessly made a spelling error when creating my security answer. -_______-
Thanks for all the assistance guys!
#12 Aug 15 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
728 posts
I had this issue in P3. I tried to log into the PS3 version with my Account at my girlfriend's house and my account got locked.. I had to go to my SE account and jump through some hoops.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (60)