Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

And the official news story is upFollow

#1 Aug 15 2013 at 8:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=32894

Smiley: nod
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#2 Aug 15 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
51 posts
Someone guessed this in your other thread... Cool news.
____________________________
Name: Huey Hiiirule
Server: Ultros
PSN: Link-2the-Past
#3 Aug 15 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Can I make a suggestion on the DB site? When hovering over an item could you display the stats on the item without us having to click on it? Just a suggestion that would be awesome like you guys do for wowhead.
#4 Aug 15 2013 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
130 posts
Im not sure how relevant this is to this thread but Ive been wondering if there will ever be specific forums for each class/job rather than just 4 sections for the different disciplines?
____________________________
Character Name: Gil Thanas
Server: Ultros; Ul'Dah; Free Company - Supernal Force <FORCE>
http://www.supernalforce.com
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2374232/
DRG since 2002
#5 Aug 15 2013 at 8:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
Can I make a suggestion on the DB site? When hovering over an item could you display the stats on the item without us having to click on it? Just a suggestion that would be awesome like you guys do for wowhead.


I'll pass it along. Tooltips work like that here at least.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Aug 15 2013 at 8:56 PM Rating: Excellent
*
106 posts
#7 Aug 15 2013 at 8:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
Can I make a suggestion on the DB site? When hovering over an item could you display the stats on the item without us having to click on it? Just a suggestion that would be awesome like you guys do for wowhead.


Quick question, what browser are you using and do you have javascript off? That would break the tooltips for the site.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#8 Aug 15 2013 at 8:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts


Yep you win the

Smiley: cookieSmiley: cookieSmiley: cookie
Smiley: cookieSmiley: cookieSmiley: cookie
Smiley: cookieSmiley: cookieSmiley: cookie
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#9 Aug 15 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Good
Wint wrote:
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
Can I make a suggestion on the DB site? When hovering over an item could you display the stats on the item without us having to click on it? Just a suggestion that would be awesome like you guys do for wowhead.


Quick question, what browser are you using and do you have javascript off? That would break the tooltips for the site.


It does display tooltips if you're on the weapons and armor side, but when your on the crafting side you only see materials required to make the item. It would be awesome to also see the stats of the item also.
#10 Aug 15 2013 at 9:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
Wint wrote:
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
Can I make a suggestion on the DB site? When hovering over an item could you display the stats on the item without us having to click on it? Just a suggestion that would be awesome like you guys do for wowhead.


Quick question, what browser are you using and do you have javascript off? That would break the tooltips for the site.


It does display tooltips if you're on the weapons and armor side, but when your on the crafting side you only see materials required to make the item. It would be awesome to also see the stats of the item also.


Ok I spoke with PremiumVirtue and he's working on that, maybe as soon as next week Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#11 Aug 15 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
217 posts
Thank you, Wint, the site's Fantastic! When will we be able to register?
____________________________
Aeloriel Autumnleaf - Ultros Server

Karma Zameleons - LS
The Kraken Club - Zam Free Company

It's not the destination, it's the Journey!

#12 Aug 15 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Blah, I wish I got a cookie...

Sometimes it sucks to be as much as it's awesome to be me.
#13 Aug 15 2013 at 9:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Lorielll wrote:
Thank you, Wint, the site's Fantastic! When will we be able to register?


Asking PremiumVirtue now about how the login registration will work. I know you can make an account there now but that existing account signins aren't working yet.

Hyrist wrote:
Blah, I wish I got a cookie...

Sometimes it sucks to be as much as it's awesome to be me.


Smiley: cookie

Edited, Aug 15th 2013 10:15pm by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#14 Aug 15 2013 at 9:19 PM Rating: Good
Wint wrote:
Lorielll wrote:
Thank you, Wint, the site's Fantastic! When will we be able to register?


Asking PremiumVirtue now about how the login registration will work. I know you can make an account there now but that existing account signins aren't working yet.

Hyrist wrote:
Blah, I wish I got a cookie...

Sometimes it sucks to be as much as it's awesome to be me.


Smiley: cookie

Edited, Aug 15th 2013 10:15pm by Wint


So, being Premium here means Premium there too I assume?
#15 Aug 15 2013 at 9:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Eventually, yes. We're working on it but right now Phase 4 data is our priority. PremiumVirtue is busting his **** to get things in the DB which will hopefully happen soon!
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#16 Aug 15 2013 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
I just wanted to say congrats on your new partnership. Now I wont have to feel bad about pointing someone to a different website than this one.
____________________________
#17 Aug 15 2013 at 9:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
swisa wrote:
I just wanted to say congrats on your new partnership. Now I wont have to feel bad about pointing someone to a different website than this one.


Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#18 Aug 15 2013 at 10:33 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
424 posts


Thank you so much for linking this site, I love it. Bookmarked and facebooked it instantly.

...Some of the weapons listed are in Japanese though, what's the deal with that? Smiley: smile
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#19 Aug 15 2013 at 10:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,439 posts
It's great news as far as I'm concerned Wint - congratulations to you all. I'm a very long time member of ZAM and have used pads since it started. Looking forward to seeing the sig generator come online.
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#20 Aug 15 2013 at 10:58 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
I hope it prospers, its a shame how bad the rifthead site is.
____________________________
BANNED
#21 Aug 16 2013 at 2:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
supermegazeke wrote:


Thank you so much for linking this site, I love it. Bookmarked and facebooked it instantly.

...Some of the weapons listed are in Japanese though, what's the deal with that? Smiley: smile


It used to be how SE would "Hide" things I'm told.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#22 Aug 16 2013 at 6:37 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
Are they going to put back up the ACN/SMN/SCH info? Now it can be considered taken from the beta and not data mined I assume right?

I was excited to see the news post, and then no info >.<
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#23 Aug 16 2013 at 6:55 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
This is friggin awesome news.
____________________________


#24 Aug 16 2013 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hey Wint, since folks like me aren't really going to be able to take full advantage of XIVdb while we are at work (cpu on lockdown so none of the menus function), will we still have access to the information (in some form) in the Wiki?
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#25 Aug 16 2013 at 10:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Two thumbs up!...
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 85 All times are in CST
BrokenFox, Callinon, Anonymous Guests (83)