Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Character stuck logged in...Follow

#102 Aug 18 2013 at 11:14 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts


Thanks!
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#103 Aug 18 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Decent
**
487 posts
ragamuffin the Fussy wrote:
ArkKenea wrote:
Krycis wrote:
Even if this was a launch day issue, the past weekend would have been the smoothest launch I've ever participated in. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to log in as I find myself with a little bit of time, but you know what...it's not the end of the world. We're not paying for this, I've enjoyed my time with the game so far, so this hiccup will go down as such.

SE knows that this is very high profile, they know what kind of impact it can have on the success of the game. Nothing that they've done since ARR hit beta makes me believe they ignoring this issue, sitting in front of the TV watching movies. So, keep an eye on Twitter if you can't get into the beta forums and grab some breakfast.

It's a bummer that alot of us can't play, But that's what beta was for, finding these problems. We sure found 3102... Destroyed their forums..


It may have put a dent in my enjoyment at first but all the JP servers are up, they added new servers to accommodate us and the servers are really solid no error messages or crashes at all on Hades, don't know about 90000 though, It's not a perfect solution but you can check out new areas and such. We are actually lucky enough to be able to play in spite of everything, As for their forums I suspect they may have just turned them off in the end.

There is no defending this, I have a legacy character and Im not rerolling on a non english server to start all over. That is a retarded idea.
____________________________
BANNED
#104 Aug 18 2013 at 11:29 AM Rating: Good
Ehllfire wrote:
ragamuffin the Fussy wrote:
ArkKenea wrote:
Krycis wrote:
Even if this was a launch day issue, the past weekend would have been the smoothest launch I've ever participated in. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to log in as I find myself with a little bit of time, but you know what...it's not the end of the world. We're not paying for this, I've enjoyed my time with the game so far, so this hiccup will go down as such.

SE knows that this is very high profile, they know what kind of impact it can have on the success of the game. Nothing that they've done since ARR hit beta makes me believe they ignoring this issue, sitting in front of the TV watching movies. So, keep an eye on Twitter if you can't get into the beta forums and grab some breakfast.

It's a bummer that alot of us can't play, But that's what beta was for, finding these problems. We sure found 3102... Destroyed their forums..


It may have put a dent in my enjoyment at first but all the JP servers are up, they added new servers to accommodate us and the servers are really solid no error messages or crashes at all on Hades, don't know about 90000 though, It's not a perfect solution but you can check out new areas and such. We are actually lucky enough to be able to play in spite of everything, As for their forums I suspect they may have just turned them off in the end.

There is no defending this, I have a legacy character and Im not rerolling on a non english server to start all over. That is a retarded idea.


No one was suggesting you should, just that you may want to pass the time until the problem is sorted out checking out other aspects of the game. While I can't defend the lack of communication between Squeenix and it's player base, this is Beta, there were no guarantees, they wanted us to push until it broke, mission accomplished, now let them fix it.
____________________________
Hocuspocus of Hades:
The Kings Majesties most excellent Hocus Pocus
Karma Zameleons - Zam.com Linkshell on Ultros Server!
#105 Aug 18 2013 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
170 posts
Maybe its a matter of Hope. But I still try to log in every so often to see maybe it will work now. I still feel like its going to be a success. I also have nothing to do for the next 5 or so months til I leave for basic. So its FF XIV and working out til then. Haha.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#106 Aug 18 2013 at 11:32 AM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
ragamuffin the Fussy wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
ragamuffin the Fussy wrote:
ArkKenea wrote:
Krycis wrote:
Even if this was a launch day issue, the past weekend would have been the smoothest launch I've ever participated in. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to log in as I find myself with a little bit of time, but you know what...it's not the end of the world. We're not paying for this, I've enjoyed my time with the game so far, so this hiccup will go down as such.

SE knows that this is very high profile, they know what kind of impact it can have on the success of the game. Nothing that they've done since ARR hit beta makes me believe they ignoring this issue, sitting in front of the TV watching movies. So, keep an eye on Twitter if you can't get into the beta forums and grab some breakfast.

It's a bummer that alot of us can't play, But that's what beta was for, finding these problems. We sure found 3102... Destroyed their forums..


It may have put a dent in my enjoyment at first but all the JP servers are up, they added new servers to accommodate us and the servers are really solid no error messages or crashes at all on Hades, don't know about 90000 though, It's not a perfect solution but you can check out new areas and such. We are actually lucky enough to be able to play in spite of everything, As for their forums I suspect they may have just turned them off in the end.

There is no defending this, I have a legacy character and Im not rerolling on a non english server to start all over. That is a retarded idea.


No one was suggesting you should, just that you may want to pass the time until the problem is sorted out checking out other aspects of the game. While I can't defend the lack of communication between Squeenix and it's player base, this is Beta, there were no guarantees, they wanted us to push until it broke, mission accomplished, now let them fix it.

Im pretty sure they didnt want it this broke as this was their free demo to generate sales. How many losses of potential customers will this have? He'll I may consider saying **** them if they dont fix this soon.
____________________________
BANNED
#107 Aug 18 2013 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
ragamuffin the Fussy wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
ragamuffin the Fussy wrote:
ArkKenea wrote:
Krycis wrote:
Even if this was a launch day issue, the past weekend would have been the smoothest launch I've ever participated in. I'm disappointed that I won't be able to log in as I find myself with a little bit of time, but you know what...it's not the end of the world. We're not paying for this, I've enjoyed my time with the game so far, so this hiccup will go down as such.

SE knows that this is very high profile, they know what kind of impact it can have on the success of the game. Nothing that they've done since ARR hit beta makes me believe they ignoring this issue, sitting in front of the TV watching movies. So, keep an eye on Twitter if you can't get into the beta forums and grab some breakfast.

It's a bummer that alot of us can't play, But that's what beta was for, finding these problems. We sure found 3102... Destroyed their forums..


It may have put a dent in my enjoyment at first but all the JP servers are up, they added new servers to accommodate us and the servers are really solid no error messages or crashes at all on Hades, don't know about 90000 though, It's not a perfect solution but you can check out new areas and such. We are actually lucky enough to be able to play in spite of everything, As for their forums I suspect they may have just turned them off in the end.

There is no defending this, I have a legacy character and Im not rerolling on a non english server to start all over. That is a retarded idea.


No one was suggesting you should, just that you may want to pass the time until the problem is sorted out checking out other aspects of the game. While I can't defend the lack of communication between Squeenix and it's player base, this is Beta, there were no guarantees, they wanted us to push until it broke, mission accomplished, now let them fix it.

Agreed if yall want to team up on a JP server for (PS3 for me) I will be on the Anima with my Thuramage "Fabrellet Ebrelnaux". Ironically this was my first character as my friend told me he was on this server. He didn't know til I pointed out that it was a Japanese Server haha.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#108 Aug 18 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Excellent
**
542 posts
Catwho wrote:
It's also a cultural thing. Westerners like to hear "We're still working on it" freshly once an hour.


I would settle for one decently written acknowledgement of the actual problem and a little bit of information posted anywhere on the internet just once. Not every hour, not every day, but once. It could be as short or even shorter than this very post, and contain as little information as "We're not sure how long this will take, so unfortunately we can't give you a time frame on when we'll be able to get things up and running again." If they actually could give us a time frame, great, but if not, even that information is better than no information.
#109 Aug 18 2013 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
488 posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

Looks like it might be a little while...
#110 Aug 18 2013 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
I must remain patient. I will Hope they fix the 3102 soon. My guy on the JP server is already near 20. Yikers! If I only could understand Japaneses I would consider that my main server. But I cannot.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#111 Aug 18 2013 at 1:22 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
170 posts
Mopdaddy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

Looks like it might be a little while...

Now thats funny!
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#112 Aug 18 2013 at 1:24 PM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
thelastofclass wrote:
I must remain patient. I will Hope they fix the 3102 soon. My guy on the JP server is already near 20. Yikers! If I only could understand Japaneses I would consider that my main server. But I cannot.


There's a chance that you could learn Japanese before it's fixed!
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#113 Aug 18 2013 at 1:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I must remain patient. I will Hope they fix the 3102 soon. My guy on the JP server is already near 20. Yikers! If I only could understand Japaneses I would consider that my main server. But I cannot.


There's a chance that you could learn Japanese before it's fixed!

See lets make light of situation. It all will be fixed
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#114 Aug 18 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
thelastofclass wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I must remain patient. I will Hope they fix the 3102 soon. My guy on the JP server is already near 20. Yikers! If I only could understand Japaneses I would consider that my main server. But I cannot.


There's a chance that you could learn Japanese before it's fixed!

See lets make light of situation. It all will be fixed

Or not, what if this was unfixable, after all its a necro bug from 1.0
____________________________
BANNED
#115 Aug 18 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
I've been getting the 3102 message since 9pm last night. Happened at copperbell mine opening cutscene.
#116 Aug 18 2013 at 1:34 PM Rating: Excellent
**
542 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I must remain patient. I will Hope they fix the 3102 soon. My guy on the JP server is already near 20. Yikers! If I only could understand Japaneses I would consider that my main server. But I cannot.


There's a chance that you could learn Japanese before it's fixed!

See lets make light of situation. It all will be fixed

Or not, what if this was unfixable, after all its a necro bug from 1.0


Then it'll spiral out of control, resulting in a complete remake of the game, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Reborn to be released in 2016.
#117 Aug 18 2013 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
The thread is over 1300 pages now and growing at the rate of 1-2 pages a minute.

10 posts per page.

At least 13,000 users affected, probably more who haven't posted.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#118 Aug 18 2013 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Couldn't they do a force loggout?
#119 Aug 18 2013 at 1:37 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Catwho wrote:
The thread is over 1300 pages now and growing at the rate of 1-2 pages a minute.

10 posts per page.

At least 13,000 users affected, probably more who haven't posted.

I cant post and it affects me. Most people dont use forums, especially when they arent working.
____________________________
BANNED
#120 Aug 18 2013 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Catwho wrote:
The thread is over 1300 pages now and growing at the rate of 1-2 pages a minute.

10 posts per page.

At least 13,000 users affected, probably more who haven't posted.

I'm trying to add my name to the list and the beta forum is a wee bit sluggish lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#121 Aug 18 2013 at 1:42 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
The thread is over 1300 pages now and growing at the rate of 1-2 pages a minute.

10 posts per page.

At least 13,000 users affected, probably more who haven't posted.

I'm trying to add my name to the list and the beta forum is a wee bit sluggish lol


That's an understatement! At least they're running now.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#122 Aug 18 2013 at 1:46 PM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
Susanoh wrote:

Then it'll spiral out of control, resulting in a complete remake of the game, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Reborn to be released in 2016.


Do we have another moon to drop on Eorzea? And what's gonna be in it this time??

Maybe a Sharknado...
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#123 Aug 18 2013 at 2:00 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
Susanoh wrote:

Then it'll spiral out of control, resulting in a complete remake of the game, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Reborn to be released in 2016.


Do we have another moon to drop on Eorzea? And what's gonna be in it this time??

Maybe a Sharknado...


PhoenixOmbre wrote:
[quote=Susanoh]
Then it'll spiral out of control, resulting in a complete remake of the game, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Reborn to be released in 2016.


Obviously it will contain Neo-Bahamut. Or we'll get the "It was all a dream" wake up scene and the game no longer exists at that point.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#124 Aug 18 2013 at 2:15 PM Rating: Default
4 posts
Reason for the servers being down. It all makes sence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7gFlSGXt_k
#125 Aug 18 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Excellent
**
542 posts
Catwho wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
The thread is over 1300 pages now and growing at the rate of 1-2 pages a minute.

10 posts per page.

At least 13,000 users affected, probably more who haven't posted.

I'm trying to add my name to the list and the beta forum is a wee bit sluggish lol


That's an understatement! At least they're running now.


That is a good sign, at least.

I just posted in that thread and the page loaded a few seconds later, and three people had already posted after me by the time the page had loaded. Smiley: lol

It's certainly a pretty widespread issue.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 4:18pm by Susanoh
#126 Aug 18 2013 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
THey just made a statement on twitter about the 3102,
"The Beta Test errors 3102 and 90000 are still under investigation and unfortunately we have no new information regarding them at this time"
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#127Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 3:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Their programmers are useless.
#128 Aug 18 2013 at 3:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
THey just made a statement on twitter about the 3102,
"The Beta Test errors 3102 and 90000 are still under investigation and unfortunately we have no new information regarding them at this time"

Their programmers are useless trying their damndest.


Do you even program? Smiley: dubious
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#129Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 3:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) No but I use my head, this bug is four years old, and all this time they could not fix it. Further, since they cant fix it in four years, I have zero confidence they can fix it in four days.
#130 Aug 18 2013 at 3:12 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
617 posts
This is just getting funny now. Is it bad that I burst out laughing when I read that Twitter statement?
#131 Aug 18 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
It's basically a new game and a new server infrastructure. I doubt it's the same bug. Plus I don't remember that happening before, but I didn't play long after beta.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#132 Aug 18 2013 at 3:56 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Tthere working on it.
https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN
#133 Aug 18 2013 at 4:14 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
well I was watching Tesee run around and I server is getting pretty slim with people now. Hard to say but 1/3 to a half the amount of people.. Is there away to see the amount of people on the server?

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 6:15pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#134 Aug 18 2013 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
****
4,145 posts
Susanoh wrote:
Catwho wrote:
It's also a cultural thing. Westerners like to hear "We're still working on it" freshly once an hour.


I would settle for one decently written acknowledgement of the actual problem and a little bit of information posted anywhere on the internet just once. Not every hour, not every day, but once. It could be as short or even shorter than this very post, and contain as little information as "We're not sure how long this will take, so unfortunately we can't give you a time frame on when we'll be able to get things up and running again." If they actually could give us a time frame, great, but if not, even that information is better than no information.


I'm not entitled because I'm a westerner. If you tell me that you fixed something and it's not fixed, I expect an explanation for it. Like I said, people aren't asking for updates every 5 minutes but there is no reason at all to not speak up and let people know that you actually realize that you didn't fix the problem after you said you did.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#135 Aug 18 2013 at 5:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Mopdaddy wrote:
I am just happy people can only give me the "it's beta" excuse for one more day :)



Trust me I'll be the first to say after release "What the f** is SE doing god **** it" if things are not fixed but for now...yea you guessed it, it's beta.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#136 Aug 18 2013 at 5:47 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,145 posts
1755 pages of people who cannot access the 'just a beta'. No sweat Smiley: sly
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#137 Aug 18 2013 at 5:50 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
The really ****** thing is that there won't be a free trial and the open beta is already pretty much over, and tons of people didn't get to try out the game.
#138 Aug 18 2013 at 10:21 PM Rating: Good
***
1,079 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
1755 pages of people who cannot access the 'just a beta'. No sweat Smiley: sly



I couldn't even post on the thread. It just... did nothing when I tried.
____________________________
FFXIV
Articus Vladmir
PLD WHM BRD DRG BLM
#139 Aug 18 2013 at 10:44 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
This has toi have been the absolute worst open beta Ive ever been in and thats saying something. It bodes ill for launch
____________________________
BANNED
#140 Aug 19 2013 at 6:33 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
837 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
1755 pages of people who cannot access the 'just a beta'. No sweat Smiley: sly



What's your point with that? It is still just a beta. And I bet there were a **** of a lot more that didn't post in the forums and couldn't log in, and yea it's still just a freakin beta.

If this **** happens after release they are ruining the game and they will lose a lot of costumers but until then hold your ironic comments to yourself.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#141 Aug 19 2013 at 6:47 AM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Teravibe wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
1755 pages of people who cannot access the 'just a beta'. No sweat Smiley: sly



What's your point with that? It is still just a beta. And I bet there were a **** of a lot more that didn't post in the forums and couldn't log in, and yea it's still just a freakin beta.


What's my point?

It's just a beta. Yeah, I suppose that is accurate. It's also accurate to say it's just a beta that didn't work for tens of thousands of people. Open beta. That's not a good look.

I'm glad they were able to take care of the 3102 problem, but it would have been nice to see that carry through high traffic times and not just an early Monday morning. It also would have been nice to see them address the 90000 problem, but progress is progress.
Quote:
If this sh*t happens after release they are ruining the game and they will lose a lot of costumers but until then hold your ironic comments to yourself.


Speech is free in America. My comments were on topic and didn't break any forum rules. **** you my man Smiley: smile
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#142 Aug 19 2013 at 8:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Teravibe wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
1755 pages of people who cannot access the 'just a beta'. No sweat Smiley: sly



What's your point with that? It is still just a beta. And I bet there were a **** of a lot more that didn't post in the forums and couldn't log in, and yea it's still just a freakin beta.

If this sh*t happens after release they are ruining the game and they will lose a lot of costumers but until then hold your ironic comments to yourself.


Really how many games are in beta 1 week before launch? Most games have their disk made up already. Usually open beta is a free period for people to get hooked on the game that's it. If this is truly still beta this close to launch SE is not ready and they showed it this weekend that they are not ready. Now they need too figure out what caused the issue and fix it. But no one will know till they turn the servers on and people start to log back in if what ever they do actually worked. There were several bugs that popped up this weekend including 2 major ones. They need to address the issues and do another stress test. They should have had a series of stress test with each time bringing on more players not just upping it up all at once. I have beta tested lots of game, software, and xbox live.

Once people start to pay for the game they wont tolerate this. I love the game but this weekend was not something you want a week before launch.

They want our money, We are doing them the favor.

I think they should either offer a two week free trial period similar to what they do with ffxi which is actually a month or better yet push it off and have another beta. Do not launch a game before it is ready. Allot of games are delayed.


I am excited as any to play this game but this weekend stunk while I had to sit and watch my GF play the game while I sat there. This is a monthly based subscription game and it should not be down when you are paying for it.
I would rather have the game delayed instead of have ten of thousands of people having to sit there waiting.


Edited, Aug 19th 2013 10:27am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#143 Aug 19 2013 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
They did this final open beta as one final check to see if the servers could handle what was thrown at them. Clearly, they could not.

Just because the disks are already printed doesn't mean the new copies of the game aren't going to get patched the second they're installed. Those who played XI know that every update means 2-3 hours or more of download patches.

That said, I'm pretty sure both the 3102 and 90000 issues are server side issues, not client side issues, so whatever tweaking SE is doing for those doesn't even happen on the bit that we install. Since we have lean client code, there's something in the million lines of fat server code they've got to fix.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 12:59pm by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#144 Aug 19 2013 at 11:04 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Catwho wrote:

That said, I'm pretty sure both the 3102 and 90000 issues are server side issues, not client side issues, so whatever tweaking SE is doing for those doesn't even happen on the bit that we install. Since we have lean client code, there's something in the million lines of fat server code they've got to fix.


You could be right, but I think it's due to capacity that the servers crashed the way they did. I don't think there was any errors during phase 3 yet it ran fine because the number of people playing was less. Now SE has installed new servers to alleviate the load balance issue. I don't think the disc has anything to do with it either, you're 1000% right there.
#145 Aug 19 2013 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
195 posts
Catwho wrote:

Just because the disks are already printed doesn't mean the new copies of the game aren't going to get patched the second they're installed. Those who played XI know that every update means 2-3 hours or more of download patches.


Haha I remember FFXI EU launch, 17 September 2004; Got the game that morning, got home, installed (several disks) and then...update lol.
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (60)