Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

SE broke a record - largest concurrent users in open betaFollow

#1 Aug 18 2013 at 8:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
So sayeth Gaming Union.

GamingUnion wrote:
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has managed to smash the previous record of concurrent users for an open beta.

The record was initially broken yesterday, when Director Yoshida tweeted that the servers were undergoing some serious stress due to there being 120,000 concurrent users. Because of this, Square Enix has had to add two additional servers in Japan. These two servers are called Typhon and Ultima.

However, less than 24 hours later, Square Enix had to update fans by stating that they had broken the record again - this time by having 150,000 concurrent users.

Despite this huge influx of users, apparently not too many people are interested in playing tanks. In another tweet, Yoshida appealed to gamers to play some more of the supporting roles in order to help balance the experience. There are apparently not enough Marauders or Gladiators in Eorzea.

The previous record for concurrent users in an open beta was held by Phantasy Star Online 2. This saw 107,259 players online at the same time on the 24th of July.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn releases on both the PlayStation 3 and PC in a few weeks. There's also a version planned for the PS4, which will appear at a later date.
Read more at http://www.gamingunion.net/news/final-fantasy-xiv-smashes-open-beta-record--9634.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamingunion+%28Gaming+Union%29#OUxiw1LZZlXtRjKA.99


So there you have it, folks. SE probably planned for around 100,000 players, and they're currently dealing with over 150K people.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#2 Aug 18 2013 at 8:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,423 posts
50,000 of them are just "ghosts" while their true users sits looking at a big "3102" on their screen. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#3 Aug 18 2013 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
37 posts
TirithRR wrote:
50,000 of them are just "ghosts" while their true users sits looking at a big "3102" on their screen. Smiley: lol

Lol yea no doubt
#4 Aug 18 2013 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
Yea I hadn't created a new character on Ultros since the close of last beta. I do hope they expand some room on those servers...
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#5 Aug 18 2013 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
This is great to hear, I want lively towns.
____________________________

#6 Aug 18 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
Not enough tanks, isnt that the truth..
My girlfriend had to wait over a half hour in duty finder for 3 of her fights yesterday.

I am a conjurer so no issues for me..

And they need to add more than two more servers.

While that may be good news on the other hand it is bad new for those who can play and SE who now has allot of unhappy users for now.
Honestly that don't sound like much.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 11:16am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#7 Aug 18 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
I figured they were having issues with the number of players... but wow, I didn't realize 150k would be a prroblem if they have 1 million beta codes out there!

I mean really, if SE wants to have this massive player base like they say they do.... then prepare for it with enough servers!

I actually had a dream that they added some servers to hold more population... crazy!
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#8 Aug 18 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
They've added around 5-7 servers in the last 48 hours, I think.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#9 Aug 18 2013 at 9:16 AM Rating: Decent
Dream is true, they actually did add more... but they've locked the older ones, meaning that unless they unlock them at some point, I won't be getting back to Ultros :/
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#10 Aug 18 2013 at 9:26 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
139 posts
Good news for the game, bad news for my wife who is planning to join me on Gilgamesh today. As for the tank shortage, I planned to roll gld but my fc had a few already so I went thm. Maybe Ill go gld after all.
#11 Aug 18 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
Does that include players stuck in limbo with 3102 error? lol

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 11:29am by Mopdaddy
#12 Aug 18 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Good
Quote:
So sayeth Gaming Union.

GamingUnion wrote:
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn has managed to smash the previous record of concurrent users for an open beta.

The record was initially broken yesterday, when Director Yoshida tweeted that the servers were undergoing some serious stress due to there being 120,000 concurrent users. Because of this, Square Enix has had to add two additional servers in Japan. These two servers are called Typhon and Ultima.

However, less than 24 hours later, Square Enix had to update fans by stating that they had broken the record again - this time by having 150,000 concurrent users.

Despite this huge influx of users, apparently not too many people are interested in playing tanks. In another tweet, Yoshida appealed to gamers to play some more of the supporting roles in order to help balance the experience. There are apparently not enough Marauders or Gladiators in Eorzea.

The previous record for concurrent users in an open beta was held by Phantasy Star Online 2. This saw 107,259 players online at the same time on the 24th of July.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn releases on both the PlayStation 3 and PC in a few weeks. There's also a version planned for the PS4, which will appear at a later date.
Read more at http://www.gamingunion.net/news/final-fantasy-xiv-smashes-open-beta-record--9634.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamingunion+%28Gaming+Union%29#OUxiw1LZZlXtRjKA.99


So there you have it, folks. SE probably planned for around 100,000 players, and they're currently dealing with over 150K people.




Well as the response to FFXIV has been so overwhelming and servers are being added to JP/EU/NA, why are the JP servers so rock solid? I know they had a huge influx of NA/EU players but I had no problem playing an alt on Hades and there were characters milling around everywhere. Thinking that if 3102 is more of a general code covering a range of anomalies, then what has happened to the EU/NA log in server may be much more catastrophic than at first thought. Thank goodness the JP servers are isolated and at least let us play beta 4 with no problem.

Feeling so sorry for Squeenix at the moment.
____________________________
Hocuspocus of Hades:
The Kings Majesties most excellent Hocus Pocus
Karma Zameleons - Zam.com Linkshell on Ultros Server!
#13 Aug 18 2013 at 9:39 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
33 posts
The legacy Servers are getting so packed, I hope they give an option soon to make more, and transfer again. Hyperion is constantly full and logging into my Legacy seems impossible. However it's great news to hear so many new players, glad I play a tank for the most part lol.
#14 Aug 18 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
184 posts
I'm getting error 1017 on Excalibur server, saying world is full.
____________________________
Vanidin Pickles on Excalibur
#15 Aug 18 2013 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
**
941 posts
Yeah I haven't been able to log into Excalibur at all yet.
#16 Aug 18 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
All servers except the 3 new NA ones they added are locked down for new characters until further notice (probably for the duration of the open beta.) Hopefully they'll re-open some by the time early access starts up.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#17 Aug 18 2013 at 9:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
617 posts
At least we know the game's popular. I really hope it stays that way for awhile.

At this point though, I feel more sorry for SE then feeling any sort of anger at them for the rampant login errors, even though the dreaded 3102 finally got to me this morning as well. Human nature deems that people tend to focus on the negative before they point out the positive, and I'm afraid that people are going to be rash and leave the game for dead before it has gotten a chance to really get its feet off the ground. I'm also hoping this doesn't turn into any sort of PR disaster for them as well. Most of all, I'm really feeling for Yoshi-P. He's done marvelous work with this game and I'm sure he's stressing out over this news. It sucks to see something you've put your heart and soul into blow up in your face...

EDIT: Cat, Siren (I think one of the newest servers) is already blocked from new characters too. They're filling up ridiculously fast.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 11:53am by Arcari
#18 Aug 18 2013 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,054 posts
3201 error claimed me last night as I'd tried to queue up for Copperbell. From what I've gathered, a lot of people seem to be falling into it when using the Duty Finder. So my advice for those still able to log in is to avoid doing the dungeons for now and just level things.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#19 Aug 18 2013 at 9:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Ul'Dah seems to be hellhole No.1. I just got kicked out thrice in a row with error 90000.
That's right. It's over 9000.
Btw, does anyone know where the main scenario AFTER the Ifrit battle starts?
Or is it not accessible yet?
#20 Aug 18 2013 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Ul'Dah seems to be hellhole No.1. I just got kicked out thrice in a row with error 90000.
That's right. It's over 9000.
Btw, does anyone know where the main scenario AFTER the Ifrit battle starts?
Or is it not accessible yet?

I think that's where it stops right now.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#21 Aug 18 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
Guru
**
617 posts
Rinsui wrote:
Ul'Dah seems to be hellhole No.1. I just got kicked out thrice in a row with error 90000.
That's right. It's over 9000.
Btw, does anyone know where the main scenario AFTER the Ifrit battle starts?
Or is it not accessible yet?


If I recall right, the Ifrit battle is the last main scenario quest you can do during this beta phase. Everything else is locked due to the level cap.
#22Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:30 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) That isnt the reason for this bs 3102.
#23 Aug 18 2013 at 12:53 PM Rating: Decent
Catwho wrote:
All servers except the 3 new NA ones they added are locked down for new characters until further notice (probably for the duration of the open beta.) Hopefully they'll re-open some by the time early access starts up.

I really hope you are right. I enjoyed being able to play with people from the forum the times I have in other games. It will be ****** if my fiancee and I wind up on some random server.

In addition, she cannot even get the official download until the 27th, and no email from SE for any form of key. I know, open beta, but still, sort of silly.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#24 Aug 18 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
154 posts
The two servers that I have characters on are full, so I can't even log in. They're going to need 5 more new servers lol
#25 Aug 18 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
I never would have believed this a year ago. But, hey, we've all participated in breaking a world record just by playing a video game! And here our parents warned us our gaming would never amount to anything. Smiley: clown
#27 Aug 18 2013 at 1:28 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
424 posts
Man, I'm the tankiest tank. I've been playing as MRD since the start of phase 3. Too bad I can't do any instances, I would run them **** dungeons into the ground. I did Brayflox at least 25 times in phase 3. Seeing that nobody else wants to tank gets my goat, cause I could totally be there filling in at least one open hole. Giggity.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#28 Aug 18 2013 at 1:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
184 posts
Catwho wrote:
All servers except the 3 new NA ones they added are locked down for new characters until further notice (probably for the duration of the open beta.) Hopefully they'll re-open some by the time early access starts up.


They're apparently locked for existing characters as well. I played yesterday on excalibur with my legacy character and today I can't log in, gives that 1017 error and says the world is full.
____________________________
Vanidin Pickles on Excalibur
#29 Aug 18 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,910 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
Man, I'm the tankiest tank. I've been playing as MRD since the start of phase 3. Too bad I can't do any instances, I would run them **** dungeons into the ground. I did Brayflox at least 25 times in phase 3. Seeing that nobody else wants to tank gets my goat, cause I could totally be there filling in at least one open hole. Giggity.

I have tanked in every game I've played so far, so I started P3 out as a THM. This time around I started out as CNJ and then went GLD, with neither class did I have more than a minute queue time for anything. ;p
____________________________
Ultros: Brinna Vahn
#30 Aug 18 2013 at 5:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
Might not be full..It just with 1302 error it might think all these people are still on that are not. Watching Tesee play on the ps3 it looks like there are not nearly as many people on as earlier today.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#31 Aug 18 2013 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
491 posts
Nashred wrote:
Not enough tanks, isnt that the truth..


I have both GLD and MRD at 20 and I've been queueing for duties almost immediately, so this seems to be true. It seems everyone is playing arcanist. Hopefully this will change come release, but since OB chars are carrying over, tanks will have to play catch up with all the ARCs.
#32 Aug 18 2013 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
Yeah i went to play as MRD and everyone their was a ARC. I was like "whaaa" O well. It looks like a cool class but I like the THM class better.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 75 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (75)