Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

How to spec ACN?Follow

#1 Aug 18 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
35 posts
What exactly do I put points into? Do I go INT for boosted Ruin and Energy Drain damage? Or do I go for MND for better healing? And what about Piety? I'm sitting on 7 points and I have no idea how to use them. I'm planning to go SCH when the game releases so I think going for MND would be the best thing, but doesn't each job have its own skill points? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
#2 Aug 18 2013 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
325 posts
You can choose how you want to go but from what I have seen. Going scholar=MND, going summoner = INT.
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Z'veagan Brolz
Server: Ultros
Linkshell/FC: Lootwhorindramafest
#3 Aug 18 2013 at 8:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
197 posts
Well, you can respec, but the details & costs haven't been shown yet. Yoshi-P has stated that "you can't run Bahamut's Tower as SMN one day, then change points on the fly to run it as SCH the next." Probably a time limit or something on it.

And the above post has it. If you are planning SCH, go MND. If you want SMN, go INT.
#4 Aug 18 2013 at 10:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
38 posts
Another alternative is to use Cleric Stance from CNJ. SCH will be able to cross class this skill so you can just put all your points into INT, and then use one of your cross class slots for Cleric Stance, effectively changing all your INT into MND. Obviously you sacrifice one cross class skill slot but it gives you the option of being both a SMN and SCH instead of choosing a path at level 10 when you have no idea how SCH plays.
#5 Aug 18 2013 at 10:47 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,218 posts
Exalle wrote:
Another alternative is to use Cleric Stance from CNJ. SCH will be able to cross class this skill so you can just put all your points into INT, and then use one of your cross class slots for Cleric Stance, effectively changing all your INT into MND. Obviously you sacrifice one cross class skill slot but it gives you the option of being both a SMN and SCH instead of choosing a path at level 10 when you have no idea how SCH plays.


Cleric stance reduces all healing by 20%, which is a lot more than youll gain with the extra stats. If you plan to use cleric stance then devote your stats to MND. Scholar or ACN in general really needs a class ability that just swaps INT and MND, with no other effects.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 12:47am by KarlHungis
____________________________
"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Gen. Jack D. Ripper, General, USAF
#6 Aug 18 2013 at 10:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
38 posts
KarlHungis wrote:
Exalle wrote:
Another alternative is to use Cleric Stance from CNJ. SCH will be able to cross class this skill so you can just put all your points into INT, and then use one of your cross class slots for Cleric Stance, effectively changing all your INT into MND. Obviously you sacrifice one cross class skill slot but it gives you the option of being both a SMN and SCH instead of choosing a path at level 10 when you have no idea how SCH plays.


Cleric stance reduces all healing by 20%, which is a lot more than youll gain with the extra stats. If you plan to use cleric stance then devote your stats to MND. Scholar or ACN in general really needs a class ability that just swaps INT and MND, with no other effects.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 12:47am by KarlHungis


Oh right... my bad. But yeah I guess there isn't a way around it.
#7 Aug 18 2013 at 11:03 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
i was under the impression that each job would have it's own stat point allocation? i thought i read that somewhere? that would mean you will be able to have your int and mnd for both smn and sch.

or was it only different classes would have different stat allocations?
#8 Aug 19 2013 at 8:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
Keysofgaruda wrote:
i was under the impression that each job would have it's own stat point allocation? i thought i read that somewhere? that would mean you will be able to have your int and mnd for both smn and sch.

or was it only different classes would have different stat allocations?

It's just the classes. Yoshi-P misspoke when answering one of the questions and incorrectly stated it would be by job. Later on, he addressed that error by saying that it would be by class. He mentioned that there would be a reset added in eventually, but it would be somehow difficult to do.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CST
FilthMcNasty, Anonymous Guests (59)