Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

P4 progress taken over?Follow

#1 Aug 18 2013 at 11:21 AM Rating: Default
20 posts
Has Yoshi given any information weather the open beta progress will be taken over or not? He once said that this will be done, except they
found any major bugs.
#2 Aug 18 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Id say 3102 counts as a major bug. Most players have basically lost their characters.
____________________________
BANNED
#3 Aug 18 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,938 posts
Taken over? You mean wiped?

So far there isn't any word from SE about anything, including anything about a character wipe.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#4 Aug 18 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#5 Aug 18 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.
____________________________
BANNED
#6 Aug 18 2013 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,938 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.


Character breaking and game breaking are two different things. The only way I can see 3102 requiring a P4 wipe is if for some reason the only way to correct the problem was to delete the characters.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#7 Aug 18 2013 at 11:26 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm thinking no wipes, unless this error issue managed to corrupt character data.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#8Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:26 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The problem has been around for 48 hours with no word of fix, Id expect wipe. And it is gamebreaking if YOU CANT PLAY AT ALL DUE TO 3102. How hard is it to understand? THE WHOLE GAME IS BORKED FOR US
#9 Aug 18 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Ehllfire wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.


Character breaking and game breaking are two different things. The only way I can see 3102 requiring a P4 wipe is if for some reason the only way to correct the problem was to delete the characters.


The problem has been around for 48 hours with no word of fix, Id expect wipe. And it is gamebreaking if YOU CANT PLAY AT ALL DUE TO 3102. How hard is it to understand? THE WHOLE GAME IS BORKED FOR US

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 1:27pm by Ehllfire


You're character is broken for you, until SE say's otherwise and manages to track down the problem. The pre level 20 zones are completely packed when I was on earlier, and don't tell me "It's people with 3102 error's not logging out" unless it also causes you to run around and cast spells. You people really need to step back and realize you're idea of game breaking isn't really game breaking. Yes SE still needs some work on keeping us informed, but to say everything is getting wiped because YOU can't log in is not smart.
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#10Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:53 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Its the MAJORITY of players. You can not avoid wiping because a vocal minority says GAME WORKS FINE CHECK YOUR CRAP ISP
#11 Aug 18 2013 at 11:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Game breaking requiring wipe would be something like someone figuring out a way to get infinite XP, or Gil, that kind of thing where the character data itself needs to be wiped out. You not being able to log in is not this kind of situation. This is inconvenient to you and the others experiencing it, but it's beta. If this happened during the early access I'd say you would have a bigger reason to be mad. Hopefully they get it fixed in the downtime between beta and early release.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#12 Aug 18 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Also I suggest learning to chill out, or I'll put you in time out.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#13Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:54 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I dont hold out hope for that, I do remember 1.0 all to well
#14 Aug 18 2013 at 12:00 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,729 posts
Well they may make people leave servers to go to others. It is obvious there servers are not keeping up.
Got to say beta has been fine to this point.. Really has not been fun even when I was on before being kicked.. Too many people in the same area right now.. Trying as a mage to grab something for a quest and there are like 20 people trying to grab the same 5 mobs that spawn and everyone needs four of each,,, bummer..

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:02pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#15 Aug 18 2013 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
I can't play either, but it's ridiculous to call for a wipe. Our characters are fine, they're just stuck somewhere.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#16 Aug 18 2013 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
They're not going to wipe anything. Just play when early access starts if you got the CE, or on the 27th if you didn't. They just weren't prepared for this many people to play beta4. Once it's over and you actually need the game to play, at least half of these people will be gone.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#17 Aug 18 2013 at 12:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
4,511 posts
Nashred wrote:
Well they may make people leave servers to go to others. It is obvious there servers are not keeping up.
Got to say beta has been fine to this point.. Really has not been fun even when I was on before being kicked.. Too many people in the same area right now.. Trying as a mage to grab something for a quest and there are like 20 people trying to grab the same 5 mobs that spawn and everyone needs four of each,,, bummer..

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:02pm by Nashred

You do realize that if you sufficiently contribute to the killing of said claimed monster (i.e. did atleast 20% or such damage to it), it will count as YOUR progress towards the quest as well. People can fight over mobs all they like, just attack whatever and you get it to count, claimed or not.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#18 Aug 18 2013 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
**
723 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
I can't play either, but it's ridiculous to call for a wipe. Our characters are fine, they're just stuck somewhere.


I agree, I can't see the 3102 error requiring a wipe to fix. Also, in the event that it did, it would completely destroy the playerbase's confidence in this launch. We're close to a week away from the official launch, could you imagine players reactions to an issue serious enough to require a full wipe with just a week to go?
#19 Aug 18 2013 at 12:17 PM Rating: Decent
Ehllfire wrote:
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.


Character breaking and game breaking are two different things. The only way I can see 3102 requiring a P4 wipe is if for some reason the only way to correct the problem was to delete the characters.


The problem has been around for 48 hours with no word of fix, Id expect wipe. And it is gamebreaking if YOU CANT PLAY AT ALL DUE TO 3102. How hard is it to understand? THE WHOLE GAME IS BORKED FOR US

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 1:27pm by Ehllfire


You're character is broken for you, until SE say's otherwise and manages to track down the problem. The pre level 20 zones are completely packed when I was on earlier, and don't tell me "It's people with 3102 error's not logging out" unless it also causes you to run around and cast spells. You people really need to step back and realize you're idea of game breaking isn't really game breaking. Yes SE still needs some work on keeping us informed, but to say everything is getting wiped because YOU can't log in is not smart.

Its the MAJORITY of players. You can not avoid wiping because a vocal minority says GAME WORKS FINE CHECK YOUR CRAP ISP


Please show he hard data besides something you pull out of your *** that proves it's the MAJORITY. I can log in as can my wife and all zones are packed with people moving and doing things, not /afklostconnectionto3102bug. And yes NA server.
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#20 Aug 18 2013 at 12:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,729 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Well they may make people leave servers to go to others. It is obvious there servers are not keeping up.
Got to say beta has been fine to this point.. Really has not been fun even when I was on before being kicked.. Too many people in the same area right now.. Trying as a mage to grab something for a quest and there are like 20 people trying to grab the same 5 mobs that spawn and everyone needs four of each,,, bummer..

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:02pm by Nashred

You do realize that if you sufficiently contribute to the killing of said claimed monster (i.e. did atleast 20% or such damage to it), it will count as YOUR progress towards the quest as well. People can fight over mobs all they like, just attack whatever and you get it to count, claimed or not.


The problem as a conjurer I do very little damage and when 10 people hit a mob it is pretty much dead already.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#21 Aug 18 2013 at 12:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,729 posts
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.


Character breaking and game breaking are two different things. The only way I can see 3102 requiring a P4 wipe is if for some reason the only way to correct the problem was to delete the characters.


The problem has been around for 48 hours with no word of fix, Id expect wipe. And it is gamebreaking if YOU CANT PLAY AT ALL DUE TO 3102. How hard is it to understand? THE WHOLE GAME IS BORKED FOR US

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 1:27pm by Ehllfire


You're character is broken for you, until SE say's otherwise and manages to track down the problem. The pre level 20 zones are completely packed when I was on earlier, and don't tell me "It's people with 3102 error's not logging out" unless it also causes you to run around and cast spells. You people really need to step back and realize you're idea of game breaking isn't really game breaking. Yes SE still needs some work on keeping us informed, but to say everything is getting wiped because YOU can't log in is not smart.

Its the MAJORITY of players. You can not avoid wiping because a vocal minority says GAME WORKS FINE CHECK YOUR CRAP ISP


Please show he hard data besides something you pull out of your *** that proves it's the MAJORITY. I can log in as can my wife and all zones are packed with people moving and doing things, not /afklostconnectionto3102bug. And yes NA server.


It is allot if not a majority.. Just look at the thread SE posted where you put you name and server.. The thread is 720 pages long and has 10 to11 replies per page that is 7200 + and It is adding several pages a minute since going up. This is only people that know about the thread and actually reported it too.





Edit just while posting this it jumped to 1001 pages that over 10,000 people affected with that error..

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/102818-Regarding-Error-3102-Issue



Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:28pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#22 Aug 18 2013 at 12:28 PM Rating: Decent
Nashred wrote:

It is allot if not a majority.. Just look at the thread SE posted where you put you name and server.. The thread is 720 pages long and has 10 to11 replies per page that is 7200 + and It is adding several pages a minute since going up. This is only people that know about the thread and actually reported it too.





Edit just while posting this it jumped to 1001 pages that over 10,000 people.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:26pm by Nashred


I know the thread and unless it's been purged a lot of those people are posting multiple times complaining that it had been 30 seconds or longer and not fixed. So I'll take that with a grain of salt...

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 1:28pm by Drulian
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#23 Aug 18 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,729 posts
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Nashred wrote:

It is allot if not a majority.. Just look at the thread SE posted where you put you name and server.. The thread is 720 pages long and has 10 to11 replies per page that is 7200 + and It is adding several pages a minute since going up. This is only people that know about the thread and actually reported it too.





Edit just while posting this it jumped to 1001 pages that over 10,000 people.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:26pm by Nashred


[quote]I know the thread and unless it's been purged a lot of those people are posting multiple times complaining that it had been 30 seconds or longer and not fixed. So I'll take that with a grain of salt...


Actually looking at it it aint what you are saying it is mainly post with people actually giving server and name.. there might be some double post but now it is 1110 pages long...


Google the error it is everywhere on every gaming site. This is no little problem right now.. If it was it would have been fixed hours ago...

There are more post from people here with the problem than I thought there were regular posters.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:34pm by Nashred

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:35pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#24 Aug 18 2013 at 12:35 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
488 posts
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.


Character breaking and game breaking are two different things. The only way I can see 3102 requiring a P4 wipe is if for some reason the only way to correct the problem was to delete the characters.


The problem has been around for 48 hours with no word of fix, Id expect wipe. And it is gamebreaking if YOU CANT PLAY AT ALL DUE TO 3102. How hard is it to understand? THE WHOLE GAME IS BORKED FOR US

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 1:27pm by Ehllfire


You're character is broken for you, until SE say's otherwise and manages to track down the problem. The pre level 20 zones are completely packed when I was on earlier, and don't tell me "It's people with 3102 error's not logging out" unless it also causes you to run around and cast spells. You people really need to step back and realize you're idea of game breaking isn't really game breaking. Yes SE still needs some work on keeping us informed, but to say everything is getting wiped because YOU can't log in is not smart.

Its the MAJORITY of players. You can not avoid wiping because a vocal minority says GAME WORKS FINE CHECK YOUR CRAP ISP


Please show he hard data besides something you pull out of your *** that proves it's the MAJORITY. I can log in as can my wife and all zones are packed with people moving and doing things, not /afklostconnectionto3102bug. And yes NA server.

If the game works for you why are you here then? Other then to troll and bait people into getting angry...
#25 Aug 18 2013 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
Nashred wrote:
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Nashred wrote:

It is allot if not a majority.. Just look at the thread SE posted where you put you name and server.. The thread is 720 pages long and has 10 to11 replies per page that is 7200 + and It is adding several pages a minute since going up. This is only people that know about the thread and actually reported it too.





Edit just while posting this it jumped to 1001 pages that over 10,000 people.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:26pm by Nashred


[quote]I know the thread and unless it's been purged a lot of those people are posting multiple times complaining that it had been 30 seconds or longer and not fixed. So I'll take that with a grain of salt...


Actually looking at it it aint what you are saying it is mainly post with people actually giving server and name.. there might be some double post but now it is 1097 pages long...


Google the error it is everywhere on every gaming site. This is no little problem right now.. If it was it would have been fixed hours ago...

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 2:33pm by Nashred



Ok simple math. 1097 pages, x10 posts a page = 10970 people affected if they are all legit posts and not trolls from other mmo companies (It's happened before)
Press release stating 150,000 concurrent login's during beta.

10970/150000= 7.3%

Still not a majority.
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#26 Aug 18 2013 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
Mopdaddy wrote:
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
It would take a major problem for them to wipe the characters. Like the major problem we have now with error 3102. Just kidding!

Unless there is something game-breaking, for example a massive exploit to level or get rich, I think we can safely assume there will be no wipe.

3102 IS gamebreaking.


Character breaking and game breaking are two different things. The only way I can see 3102 requiring a P4 wipe is if for some reason the only way to correct the problem was to delete the characters.


The problem has been around for 48 hours with no word of fix, Id expect wipe. And it is gamebreaking if YOU CANT PLAY AT ALL DUE TO 3102. How hard is it to understand? THE WHOLE GAME IS BORKED FOR US

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 1:27pm by Ehllfire


You're character is broken for you, until SE say's otherwise and manages to track down the problem. The pre level 20 zones are completely packed when I was on earlier, and don't tell me "It's people with 3102 error's not logging out" unless it also causes you to run around and cast spells. You people really need to step back and realize you're idea of game breaking isn't really game breaking. Yes SE still needs some work on keeping us informed, but to say everything is getting wiped because YOU can't log in is not smart.

Its the MAJORITY of players. You can not avoid wiping because a vocal minority says GAME WORKS FINE CHECK YOUR CRAP ISP


Please show he hard data besides something you pull out of your *** that proves it's the MAJORITY. I can log in as can my wife and all zones are packed with people moving and doing things, not /afklostconnectionto3102bug. And yes NA server.

If the game works for you why are you here then? Other then to troll and bait people into getting angry...


Work PC doesn't support game since it's only setup to manage CC #'s.
What better way to keep up on what's happening then the lovely Zam forums?
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)