Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

P4 progress taken over?Follow

#52Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 2:27 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Its far higher, Id say hundreds of thousands are affected
#53 Aug 18 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Catwho wrote:
1445 pages as of last reload.

At this rate, there will be 20,000 reported outages and goodness knows how many unreported ones before beta is over. Jeeeeeeez.

Its far higher, Id say hundreds of thousands are affected


Uh.... there are only 150,000 ish known beta participants. 2/3 of them aren't having any problems and are happily playing right now.

Please don't pull numbers out of your ***.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#54Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 2:32 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Why dont you stop defending the indefensible.
#55 Aug 18 2013 at 2:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
150,000 concurrent users. Not total participants. They had more than one million registrations during phase 3, I think?
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#56 Aug 18 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
150,000 concurrent users. Not total participants. They had more than one million registrations during phase 3, I think?


A lot of those were duplicates - people registered with multiple email addresses, multiple times, and for both PC and PS3. And not everyone who registered got in.

We can only go with the evidence we have at hand. We have no idea how many people are trying to play, but we can concretely say at least 10% of users are affected and the number is climbing, and that the overwhelming majority are NA or EU. That's all we can say without going into wild speculation.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#57 Aug 18 2013 at 3:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Catwho wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
150,000 concurrent users. Not total participants. They had more than one million registrations during phase 3, I think?


A lot of those were duplicates - people registered with multiple email addresses, multiple times, and for both PC and PS3. And not everyone who registered got in.

We can only go with the evidence we have at hand. We have no idea how many people are trying to play, but we can concretely say at least 10% of users are affected and the number is climbing, and that the overwhelming majority are NA or EU. That's all we can say without going into wild speculation.


Yea I did two of them for the ps3 because my email changed , so you are correct. I also used another email for my pc because when I registered I didn't have a gaming pc and dint know if you needed another code for the pc so that was 3 just for me.




Edited, Aug 18th 2013 5:22pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#58 Aug 18 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Decent
Party Pooper
*****
12,232 posts
Catwho wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
150,000 concurrent users. Not total participants. They had more than one million registrations during phase 3, I think?


A lot of those were duplicates - people registered with multiple email addresses, multiple times, and for both PC and PS3. And not everyone who registered got in.

We can only go with the evidence we have at hand. We have no idea how many people are trying to play, but we can concretely say at least 10% of users are affected and the number is climbing, and that the overwhelming majority are NA or EU. That's all we can say without going into wild speculation.




Is there ANY reports of JP 3102? Actually curious I was wondering that earlier.
____________________________
[sm]FFXI: Flix 75THF/RNG/NIN/WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM/DRG/BLM Retired: Sept 2009.
SW:TOR Maim (Assassin) Sai'kou (Sniper) GM: Ultimatum. Retired: When 1.2 failed miserably.
FFXIV: Flix Skyfall (Behemoth) 50BRD: River of Blood for dayzzzzzz


#59 Aug 18 2013 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
Oh yeah, big offender myself. I got 5-6 beta codes, but they still count because I gave the extras away. I see your point though.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#60 Aug 18 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
617 posts
f
FlixEffect wrote:
Catwho wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
150,000 concurrent users. Not total participants. They had more than one million registrations during phase 3, I think?


A lot of those were duplicates - people registered with multiple email addresses, multiple times, and for both PC and PS3. And not everyone who registered got in.

We can only go with the evidence we have at hand. We have no idea how many people are trying to play, but we can concretely say at least 10% of users are affected and the number is climbing, and that the overwhelming majority are NA or EU. That's all we can say without going into wild speculation.




Is there ANY reports of JP 3102? Actually curious I was wondering that earlier.


I think 3102 claimed the JP at one point but it was fixed quickly for them. But I can't remember where exactly I heard that from so take that with a grain of salt.
#61 Aug 18 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
154 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Catwho wrote:
1445 pages as of last reload.

At this rate, there will be 20,000 reported outages and goodness knows how many unreported ones before beta is over. Jeeeeeeez.

Its far higher, Id say hundreds of thousands are affected


Because numbers
#62 Aug 18 2013 at 3:31 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
PhrozenFFXI wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Catwho wrote:
1445 pages as of last reload.

At this rate, there will be 20,000 reported outages and goodness knows how many unreported ones before beta is over. Jeeeeeeez.

Its far higher, Id say hundreds of thousands are affected


Because numbers

Up to 1577 pages over on the beta forum.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#63 Aug 18 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Yeah I fully expect it to hit page 2000 or more, which makes it in the tens of thousands affected. Without going into hyperbole, that's a really large number of ****** off beta testers that SE is looking at.

At least they finally said they're still working on it.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 5:35pm by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#64 Aug 18 2013 at 3:37 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
I am honestly curious if the Japanese players feel entitled to their beta time the way NA players do.

We are doing this to help them, right?

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 5:37pm by Gnu
#65 Aug 18 2013 at 4:16 PM Rating: Default
Party Pooper
*****
12,232 posts
Catwho wrote:
****** off beta testers that SE is looking at.



That, in all honesty, have no right to be "****** off".
____________________________
[sm]FFXI: Flix 75THF/RNG/NIN/WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM/DRG/BLM Retired: Sept 2009.
SW:TOR Maim (Assassin) Sai'kou (Sniper) GM: Ultimatum. Retired: When 1.2 failed miserably.
FFXIV: Flix Skyfall (Behemoth) 50BRD: River of Blood for dayzzzzzz


#66 Aug 18 2013 at 4:17 PM Rating: Default
Party Pooper
*****
12,232 posts
Gnu wrote:
I am honestly curious if the Japanese players feel entitled to their beta time the way NA players do.

We are doing this to help them, right?

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 5:37pm by Gnu



If only the other 99% of the population could figure this out.
____________________________
[sm]FFXI: Flix 75THF/RNG/NIN/WAR/MNK/DRK/SAM/DRG/BLM Retired: Sept 2009.
SW:TOR Maim (Assassin) Sai'kou (Sniper) GM: Ultimatum. Retired: When 1.2 failed miserably.
FFXIV: Flix Skyfall (Behemoth) 50BRD: River of Blood for dayzzzzzz


#67 Aug 18 2013 at 5:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Id say 3102 counts as a major bug. Most players have basically lost their characters.


No.

He said specifically that progress would be wiped if they found any bugs or exploits that would allow players gaining enormous amounts of gil. So no, we wont lose our progress.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 7:06pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#68 Aug 18 2013 at 5:27 PM Rating: Excellent
**
542 posts
Catwho wrote:
Yeah I fully expect it to hit page 2000 or more, which makes it in the tens of thousands affected. Without going into hyperbole, that's a really large number of ****** off beta testers that SE is looking at.

At least they finally said they're still working on it.


And that only takes into account the ones who made a post about it. It doesn't factor in people who don't browse forums or know about the thread, people who tried for minutes/hours last night when the forums were down and gave up, people who just said forget it and did something else, or any number of other reasons for not posting. We can only speculate, but I'd imagine the majority of those affected haven't posted in that thread for one reason or another.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 80 All times are in CST
FilthMcNasty, Anonymous Guests (79)