Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Chewing gum to fix the leakFollow

#1 Aug 18 2013 at 9:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,386 posts
Apparently SE has started going through the currently 1943-page thread and is logging people out...

One.

By.

One.

Quote:
Greetings,

While not yet completed, we have been able to get through a large number of the names submitted in the thread so far.

If you've submitted your name, we ask that you attempt to log in with the character that was experiencing the issue, to see if it has been resolved. If you're still unable to log in, we ask for your patience as we continue moving through the thread.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...Issue/page1914


With six hours left in the beta at this point, I don't see this doing anything that isn't just comedic.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#2 Aug 18 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
WHY NOT JUST DISCONNECT EVERYONE AND MAKE THEM LOG BACK IN

*tears hair out*
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#3 Aug 18 2013 at 9:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,386 posts
I mean... I'd give the lobby server a quick reboot and see what that did... but what do I know.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#4 Aug 18 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
I was able to get back on finally! Then I logged out to see if it would give the error again. It did. I was going to bed soon anyways.

Basically, if you get in DO NOT log out until you are done with beta.
#5 Aug 18 2013 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I mean... I'd give the lobby server a quick reboot and see what that did... but what do I know.

Maybe they already tried that?

But yeah I'm on page 1364. I wonder how many people they have working on it?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#6 Aug 18 2013 at 9:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
113 posts
Well I was on page 515 of the first list (if that is the one they are talking about) and I am still unable to log in /sigh
#7 Aug 18 2013 at 9:15 PM Rating: Good
***
3,386 posts
At this point I'm hoping I can get back in just long enough to get to an inn and accumulate some rested exp. I got disconnected between zones originally.

EDIT: Got back in, was back in Ul'dah even though that isn't where I d/c'd. Climbed into bed and planted my face firmly on the pillow.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 10:20pm by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#8 Aug 18 2013 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
At this point I'm hoping I can get back in just long enough to get to an inn and accumulate some rested exp. I got disconnected between zones originally.

EDIT: Got back in, was back in Ul'dah even though that isn't where I d/c'd. Climbed into bed and planted my face firmly on the pillow.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 10:20pm by Callinon


This was my plan also but alas I'm still not able to log in. Character log in screen still shows my location as Sastasha.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#9 Aug 18 2013 at 9:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I mean... I'd give the lobby server a quick reboot and see what that did... but what do I know.

Maybe they already tried that?

But yeah I'm on page 1364. I wonder how many people they have working on it?


I'm pretty sure that they were trying things like that out. Last night, the NA/EU servers kept on bouncing between available and unavailable -- it wasn't just the official "maintenance' time that this was occurring.
#10 Aug 18 2013 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
Archmage Callinon wrote:
At this point I'm hoping I can get back in just long enough to get to an inn and accumulate some rested exp. I got disconnected between zones originally.

EDIT: Got back in, was back in Ul'dah even though that isn't where I d/c'd. Climbed into bed and planted my face firmly on the pillow.

Edited, Aug 18th 2013 10:20pm by Callinon


When you logged out were you locked by the error again like me?
#11 Aug 18 2013 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
43 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Apparently SE has started going through the currently 1943-page thread and is logging people out...

One.

By.

One.

Quote:
Greetings,

While not yet completed, we have been able to get through a large number of the names submitted in the thread so far.

If you've submitted your name, we ask that you attempt to log in with the character that was experiencing the issue, to see if it has been resolved. If you're still unable to log in, we ask for your patience as we continue moving through the thread.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...Issue/page1914


With six hours left in the beta at this point, I don't see this doing anything that isn't just comedic.


One by one?! o_o May the player-base have mercy on their souls.
#12 Aug 18 2013 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Catwho wrote:
WHY NOT JUST DISCONNECT EVERYONE AND MAKE THEM LOG BACK IN

*tears hair out*


I love your response... so **** simple, yet effective.

For those that don't know, this would fix things until it locks up again. However, SE has to increase their server capacity so this doesn't happen again. The very moment I logged in on Thur(4am) I got the **** queue queue and was let on the server. That's not a good sign people. Well they have a few days to fix it before early access. I hope they do for their sake.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 89 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Seriha, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (86)