Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

PS3 version and 1.0 player questionFollow

#1 Aug 19 2013 at 3:52 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
297 posts
Hi all,

Just another question that I've been wondering about.

If a 1.0 PC player wishes to purchase ARR PS3 version but isn't the owner of a PS3 console, how can I add the PS3 pre order key to my existing SE account? Does the code need to be entered through a PS3 console at all? Or can the pre order key be redeemed the same way through the SE account webpage?

Thanks
#2 Aug 19 2013 at 4:09 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
259 posts
Since no one was yet able to enter any key yet, I can only speculate. I believe you will enter the PS3 registration key with your existing Square Enix account. That should be possible on the Square Enix account website.

The only thing an actual PS3 is needed for is the linking of a PSN (PlayStation Network) account with your Square Enix account.
#3 Aug 19 2013 at 4:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
You can do all of your account stuff on the website so you won't need a PS3 to apply the code to your account. :)
#4 Aug 19 2013 at 4:16 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
297 posts
Adzieboy wrote:
You can do all of your account stuff on the website so you won't need a PS3 to apply the code to your account. :)


Thanks,

Is that the SE account page?
#5 Aug 19 2013 at 4:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
259 posts
darrenuk wrote:
Adzieboy wrote:
You can do all of your account stuff on the website so you won't need a PS3 to apply the code to your account. :)


Thanks,

Is that the SE account page?

This one:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/
#6 Aug 19 2013 at 4:23 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
297 posts
The main reason I asked is because I'm a non legacy 1.0 account holder for FFXIV and have had a lot of mixed feedback when I asked if I can add a FFXIV ARR PC pre order key to my 1.0 account.

I've been reading this page which says 'If you purchased FFXIV at its initial launch, you do not have to purchase the full game again. However, if you wish you play during the Early Access and are not a Legacy account, you will need to get your hands on a Preorder key.'

I'm not a legacy holder from 1.0 so does this mean I can apply a ARR key to my existing account from 1.0?

Does this mean I can purchase a pre order PC key and use it on existing account? Does anyone have any knowledge if this is possible?

Retail websites are directing players to Go to preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com and asking them to enter their email address and wait for SE to notify them when a player can redeem their pre order key.

Would this work for me without having to set up a new SE account and loose the character I played during the open beta?

Thank you





Edited, Aug 19th 2013 10:29am by darrenuk
#7 Aug 19 2013 at 4:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
The pre-order key isn't linked to the system it's used on, so you can use the pre-order key from the PS3 version and play on PC.
#8 Aug 19 2013 at 4:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
259 posts
I'm in the same boat.. 1.0 owner and non-legacy. My understanding is that I cannot add a second PC registration key to my existing FXIV service account. I can add a PS3 key however. Since I got a PS3 I'll do just that.
#9 Aug 19 2013 at 4:34 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
297 posts
Arnulf wrote:
I'm in the same boat.. 1.0 owner and non-legacy. My understanding is that I cannot add a second PC registration key to my existing FXIV service account. I can add a PS3 key however. Since I got a PS3 I'll do just that.



I thought the same but then I read the following from the link posted above:

'How does my 1.0 account affect my access to the relaunch?
If you purchased FFXIV at its initial launch, you do not have to purchase the full game again. However, if you wish you play during the Early Access and are not a Legacy account, you will need to get your hands on a Preorder key.

All FFXIV accounts from the initial release will also be granted free game time at the release of FFXIV:ARR. This time period begins on the 27-Aug launch and ends on 9-Sep. After that time, your 1.0 account will only remain active if you are a subscriber to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.'


Update: Going back to a post I made on ZAM yesterday, someone kindly pointed out the following in their reply 'Yes, you can pre-order a PS3 copy. That will give you access to early play, and you can redeem the 30 days that come with it. If you pre-order a windows version it's the same thing except you can't redeem the 30 days because you can't register 2 Windows copies on the same service account.'

So maybe its possible to register another key but I would have to give up the 30 days free game time. That makes sense as its the same game I'm registering.






Edited, Aug 19th 2013 10:41am by darrenuk
#10 Aug 19 2013 at 4:43 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
darrenuk wrote:
Arnulf wrote:
I'm in the same boat.. 1.0 owner and non-legacy. My understanding is that I cannot add a second PC registration key to my existing FXIV service account. I can add a PS3 key however. Since I got a PS3 I'll do just that.



I thought the same but then I read the following from the link posted above:

'How does my 1.0 account affect my access to the relaunch?
If you purchased FFXIV at its initial launch, you do not have to purchase the full game again. However, if you wish you play during the Early Access and are not a Legacy account, you will need to get your hands on a Preorder key.

All FFXIV accounts from the initial release will also be granted free game time at the release of FFXIV:ARR. This time period begins on the 27-Aug launch and ends on 9-Sep. After that time, your 1.0 account will only remain active if you are a subscriber to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.'


Edited, Aug 19th 2013 10:34am by darrenuk


What are you after, exactly? If you just want to play the game you don't need to buy anything. You'll have access at launch with a complimentary 2 weeks of game time. If you absolutely want to start playing on the 24th, you need to pre order something.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#11 Aug 19 2013 at 4:52 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
297 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
darrenuk wrote:
Arnulf wrote:
I'm in the same boat.. 1.0 owner and non-legacy. My understanding is that I cannot add a second PC registration key to my existing FXIV service account. I can add a PS3 key however. Since I got a PS3 I'll do just that.



I thought the same but then I read the following from the link posted above:

'How does my 1.0 account affect my access to the relaunch?
If you purchased FFXIV at its initial launch, you do not have to purchase the full game again. However, if you wish you play during the Early Access and are not a Legacy account, you will need to get your hands on a Preorder key.

All FFXIV accounts from the initial release will also be granted free game time at the release of FFXIV:ARR. This time period begins on the 27-Aug launch and ends on 9-Sep. After that time, your 1.0 account will only remain active if you are a subscriber to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.'


Edited, Aug 19th 2013 10:34am by darrenuk


What are you after, exactly? If you just want to play the game you don't need to buy anything. You'll have access at launch with a complimentary 2 weeks of game time. If you absolutely want to start playing on the 24th, you need to pre order something.


I'd like to play during the early access of the game and just wanted to know if its possible to apply another Windows key of FFXIV to an account with FFXIV 1.0 non legacy already on it.




Edited, Aug 19th 2013 10:54am by darrenuk
#12 Aug 19 2013 at 5:18 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
297 posts
Update/Info: I found this while searching through the SE FAQ pages - http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5383&la=2&kid=67235

'If I played version 1.0 in the past, is there anything I should do before playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn?'

'You are not required to do anything if you intend to play the Windows version. Players who previously purchased a copy of version 1.0 can download FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn free of charge.
* If you plan to add more service accounts, you must purchase additional copies of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

If you plan on playing the PlayStation3 version, you need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version.'


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CDT
Fynlar, Thayos, Anonymous Guests (77)