Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Zam Linkshell is AWESOMEFollow

#52 Aug 19 2013 at 1:35 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
19 posts
Agreed, enjoyed meeting a number of you! See you at early access.
____________________________
Server: Ultros
IGN: Kadd Crescent
Free Company: The Kraken Club <ZAM>
Linkshell: Karma Zameleons
#53 Aug 19 2013 at 1:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
297 posts
I had a really great time as well. I am quite the introvert so I usually just read what everyone has to say. It is kinda weird I guess, being quiet playing an MMO. I can't wait for early access to join you guys again.

Also, because of the whole error of not being able to log in, I was finally able to get on an hour before the server shut down to get my character to Sanctuary, I noticed that I was not in the LS anymore, so I would need a re-invite.
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#54 Aug 19 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
I am all for keeping the name. Who will start the east and west linkshells at early launch? I could start the west ls, if people can wait a few hours for me to get online... Think I work that day.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#55 Aug 19 2013 at 1:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
jackvoodoo wrote:
I had a really great time as well. I am quite the introvert so I usually just read what everyone has to say. It is kinda weird I guess, being quiet playing an MMO. I can't wait for early access to join you guys again.

Also, because of the whole error of not being able to log in, I was finally able to get on an hour before the server shut down to get my character to Sanctuary, I noticed that I was not in the LS anymore, so I would need a re-invite.


Some people on my server were having the same problem. Basically, you lost access to your Linkshell/Friend list, but you're still technically in all of that. You just can't see it.
#56 Aug 19 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
Ravashack wrote:
jackvoodoo wrote:
I had a really great time as well. I am quite the introvert so I usually just read what everyone has to say. It is kinda weird I guess, being quiet playing an MMO. I can't wait for early access to join you guys again.

Also, because of the whole error of not being able to log in, I was finally able to get on an hour before the server shut down to get my character to Sanctuary, I noticed that I was not in the LS anymore, so I would need a re-invite.


Some people on my server were having the same problem. Basically, you lost access to your Linkshell/Friend list, but you're still technically in all of that. You just can't see it.


I read somewhere that the LS/friend list was down after people started logging back in, so I was exactly worried, but just in case I have to be re-invited. :)
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#57 Aug 19 2013 at 1:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
SAVE THE ZAM LINKSHELL Don't fix what isn't broke!

I wouldn't want to split the shell because if we are all on the EC then it could mean that there are less people because of work stuff and then it gets busy when people get out of work and do dinner and then come on.

I have a very flexible schedule, so for me, being with EC and WC means more people availabe. I would miss being with people I've already enjoyed in game because of EC/WC thing. SE already has us seperated via servers which aren't availble if we are not JP or Europe. Yes, we may randomly meet someone in duty finder, but its different.

And my experience in FFXI was that more people were on my server that were WC, so things picked up later at night, but by then it was time to sleep. I guess I'm trying to avoid a split.

Also, I would rather have a FC that could include us all, both EC/WC then be split up with ls.



Edited, Aug 19th 2013 4:01pm by Grandmomma
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#58 Aug 19 2013 at 1:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
725 posts
OtosanOokami wrote:
Yes, that was a darn good run for you. Thanks for keeping things smooth and the aggro on the tank. ^^

Admittedly less to do for a CNJ, but that just means everyone was doing their jobs properly.

Synapsis

PS One of the replies to the " expand the LS " post is that we can do 500 in the Free Company, which helps the space issues.. For now.

"We're going to need a bigger boat."

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 3:52pm by OtosanOokami


LMAO Shark Week just passed.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#59 Aug 19 2013 at 1:59 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
340 posts
Before we organize the split of this awsome LS, please wait until we get confirmation that the limit will not be raised.
____________________________
Pryssant Novio - Ultros Server.
<Chocobo> <cooking>? <Yes, please>!
HOOYA!!!!
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=97
#60 Aug 19 2013 at 2:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
Grandmomma wrote:


I wouldn't want to split the shell because if we are all on the EC then it could mean that there are less people because of work stuff and then it gets busy when people get out of work and do dinner and then come on.

I have a very flexible schedule, so for me, being with EC and WC means more people availabe. I would miss being with people I've already enjoyed in game because of EC/WC thing. SE already has us seperated via servers which aren't availble if we are not JP or Europe. Yes, we may randomly meet someone in duty finder, but its different.

And my experience in FFXI was that more people were on my server that were WC, so things picked up later at night, but by then it was time to sleep. I guess I'm trying to avoid a split.

Also, I would rather have a FC that could include us all, both EC/WC then be split up with ls.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 3:59pm by Grandmomma


I like the huge LS. My schedule is not always the same and I play towards the late nights. Splitting might be a bad idea. But, doesn't the game allow us to have multiple LSs?
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#61 Aug 19 2013 at 2:02 PM Rating: Good
*
232 posts
BartelX wrote:
Yep, makes sense to me. Actually, it would probably be better that way anyways, as we can just buy 1 giant mansion for the entire ZAM community and everyone can access it through the Free Company. It also makes sense considering there will be quests and leves associated with Free Companies, so that way everyone will have the option to participate if they want to and it will give us the largest pool to pull from.

The big question is, what do we call our Free Company? Do we also go with Karma Zameleons? I really do love that name.

Keeping the name is fine, but I decided to come up with some anyway. :P

Names Related to ZAM:
  • Casual Karma (Karma)
  • Karma Campers (Karma)
  • Karma Club (Karma)
  • Karma Company (Karma)
  • Karma Free Company (KFC)
  • Kupo Karma Klub (KKK)

Names unrelated to ZAM:
  • Bomb Corps (Bomb)
  • Manti Corps (Manti?)
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#62 Aug 19 2013 at 2:02 PM Rating: Good
I'm central time zone so I'm only an hour off eastern. It would only affect me if things were happening really late when I should be in bed thanks to my job. Weekends are fair game for the most part. I'm free to do things pretty much anytime then.
____________________________
FFXIV - Neo Geo (formerly Droxy Durango)
FFXI - Brit *Manly man on the Fairy server*
{Retired for good in 2010 after the server transfer and forced name change)

#63 Aug 19 2013 at 2:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
jackvoodoo wrote:
Grandmomma wrote:


I wouldn't want to split the shell because if we are all on the EC then it could mean that there are less people because of work stuff and then it gets busy when people get out of work and do dinner and then come on.

I have a very flexible schedule, so for me, being with EC and WC means more people availabe. I would miss being with people I've already enjoyed in game because of EC/WC thing. SE already has us seperated via servers which aren't availble if we are not JP or Europe. Yes, we may randomly meet someone in duty finder, but its different.

And my experience in FFXI was that more people were on my server that were WC, so things picked up later at night, but by then it was time to sleep. I guess I'm trying to avoid a split.

Also, I would rather have a FC that could include us all, both EC/WC then be split up with ls.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 3:59pm by Grandmomma


I like the huge LS. My schedule is not always the same and I play towards the late nights. Splitting might be a bad idea. But, doesn't the game allow us to have multiple LSs?


yes, but you'd have to keep switching them. It would loose continuity.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#64 Aug 19 2013 at 2:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Maybe it wont need too be split once beta is over but those who say dont split it are only worrying about them selves and not the other people who want in and couldn't get in because of the stuff that happened this weekend. It obviously will still be big if LS hits the limit anyway.



Edited, Aug 19th 2013 4:09pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#65 Aug 19 2013 at 2:09 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
725 posts
Nashred wrote:
Maybe it wont need too be split once beta is over but those who say dont split it once beta is over are only worrying about them selves and not the other people who want in and couldn't get in because of the stuff that happened this weekend.



Edited, Aug 19th 2013 4:06pm by Nashred


I think its too early to make a decision. The LS isn't full. We need to see what happens during EA and launch. Let's vote on it before we make the decision.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#66 Aug 19 2013 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
http://eorzeareborn.com/free-company-grand-company-and-linkshells/

Quote:
The Free Company is the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn take on guilds. Free Companies are persistent player communities. They offer a permanent chat channel, like linkshells, but they also come with several other tools (such as forums on the Lodestone). Free Companies are designed around the idea of structured play within a fixed network of players.


So why would we even need the LinkShell after the FC is made? Or is this no longer valid?
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#67 Aug 19 2013 at 2:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
753 posts
Refews wrote:
http://eorzeareborn.com/free-company-grand-company-and-linkshells/

Quote:
The Free Company is the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn take on guilds. Free Companies are persistent player communities. They offer a permanent chat channel, like linkshells, but they also come with several other tools (such as forums on the Lodestone). Free Companies are designed around the idea of structured play within a fixed network of players.


So why would we even need the LinkShell after the FC is made? Or is this no longer valid?


The LSs could help the EC and WC players stay connected and grouped in some fashion beyond general FC chat. They are very similar, but I can see many instances where a FC can establish LSs for various reasons (Officer Chat, Gand Company Groups, etc.) while still keeping the main group connected in FC. Not to mention access to FC House.

Edit: The bigest problem my old community forum shell had was a lack of tools to kick inactive members to make room for new ones. Quite a few LS members were lost in the shuffle of having to do shell remakes just to free up slots.

Have LS tools been improved to allow for removal of members when they are not online/standing next to you?

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 4:27pm by diiablo
#68 Aug 19 2013 at 2:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
Refews wrote:
http://eorzeareborn.com/free-company-grand-company-and-linkshells/

Quote:
The Free Company is the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn take on guilds. Free Companies are persistent player communities. They offer a permanent chat channel, like linkshells, but they also come with several other tools (such as forums on the Lodestone). Free Companies are designed around the idea of structured play within a fixed network of players.


So why would we even need the LinkShell after the FC is made? Or is this no longer valid?


FC's are structured differently. They have certain goals, fees, upkeep costs etc. The leaders have certain say in drops and dispersal of gil.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#69 Aug 19 2013 at 2:35 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
SE really screwed the pooch on this one if they made the LS limit so low.
#70 Aug 19 2013 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Grandmomma wrote:
Refews wrote:
http://eorzeareborn.com/free-company-grand-company-and-linkshells/

Quote:
The Free Company is the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn take on guilds. Free Companies are persistent player communities. They offer a permanent chat channel, like linkshells, but they also come with several other tools (such as forums on the Lodestone). Free Companies are designed around the idea of structured play within a fixed network of players.


So why would we even need the LinkShell after the FC is made? Or is this no longer valid?


FC's are structured differently. They have certain goals, fees, upkeep costs etc. The leaders have certain say in drops and dispersal of gil.


Got ya.. the upkeep thing I could see. I'd trust the leaders with the other stuff to set it as liberally as possible and use it like a glorified chat channel. But yeah, taxes might be a deterrent for people.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#71 Aug 19 2013 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
Quote:
Got ya.. the upkeep thing I could see. I'd trust the leaders with the other stuff to set it as liberally as possible and use it like a glorified chat channel. But yeah, taxes might be a deterrent for people.


There's also the issue that you can only be in one FC at a time.

Since FCs are for structured play and are goal-oriented, they're a lot more integral to gameplay than Linkshells are. There are probably people here with different goals than other people here. For instance if someone was interested in serious PvE progression, they might not find enough other people in an FC based on a forum community like this one to make that work. That's just one example, and there are certainly others.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#72 Aug 19 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Grandmomma wrote:
FC's are structured differently. They have certain goals, fees, upkeep costs etc. The leaders have certain say in drops and dispersal of gil.


Do you have a link to where you read this? I know that they have leves and quests associated with them, and are the main way to get housing, but I've never heard anything about them having fees and upkeep costs or having the leaders disperse gear and gil. Is this for sure or just rumors?

As far as the shell is concerned, I don't plan on doing anything rash. I will continue inviting players until we cap out. At that point we can make a decision on how we want to proceed. I do think a Free Company is probably the best ultimate solution since it seems to be very similar to an LS, just with more options and progression tied to it.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#73 Aug 19 2013 at 3:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
I was bummed I couldn't talk to you guys, even though I did make it into the LS.

As far as splitting up shells, you could make 4 LS's, and then just have everybody be in 2 of them.

Example. (I'll use ten people A-J)

LS1 = A C E G I

LS2 = B D F H J

LS3 = A D E H I

LS4 = B C F G J

I know some people are going to be left out of some conversation, but it frees up room, and gives healthy communication options to the majority of players.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#74 Aug 19 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
I was bummed I couldn't talk to you guys, even though I did make it into the LS.

As far as splitting up shells, you could make 4 LS's, and then just have everybody be in 2 of them.

Example. (I'll use ten people A-J)

LS1 = A C E G I

LS2 = B D F H J

LS3 = A D E H I

LS4 = B C F G J

I know some people are going to be left out of some conversation, but it frees up room, and gives healthy communication options to the majority of players.


I toyed with that idea myself a little while ago, but didn't suggest it because what you're going to end up with is repeated lines of text... all the time.

It would make following a conversation really irritating.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#75 Aug 19 2013 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
Does anyone know what the friend list limit is set at?
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#76 Aug 19 2013 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
200. From all the ZAM invites I'm already at like 75 lol.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#77 Aug 19 2013 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
BartelX wrote:
Grandmomma wrote:
FC's are structured differently. They have certain goals, fees, upkeep costs etc. The leaders have certain say in drops and dispersal of gil.


Do you have a link to where you read this? I know that they have leves and quests associated with them, and are the main way to get housing, but I've never heard anything about them having fees and upkeep costs or having the leaders disperse gear and gil. Is this for sure or just rumors?

As far as the shell is concerned, I don't plan on doing anything rash. I will continue inviting players until we cap out. At that point we can make a decision on how we want to proceed. I do think a Free Company is probably the best ultimate solution since it seems to be very similar to an LS, just with more options and progression tied to it.


What I read so far. All the info is not released. The Beta Forums had massive conversations about this.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forums/509-Free-Companies

http://eorzeareborn.com/free-company-grand-company-and-linkshells/

Free Companies – There Can Be Only One

The Free Company is the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn take on guilds. Free Companies are persistent player communities. They offer a permanent chat channel, like linkshells, but they also come with several other tools (such as forums on the Lodestone). Free Companies are designed around the idea of structured play within a fixed network of players.

You can not create a Free Company until you have reached level 25 and become a member of a Grand Company. You start the formation process by visiting the Administrator at your Grand Company Headquarters. He lets you pick a Grand Company name as well as the five-digit tag your Free Company wears in the field (e.g. Ryahl Macbannon <GUILD>).

The actual Free Company won’t form until you finish a few more procedural tasks. You need to get three other players to sign the charter and you need to pay a 15,000 gil fee to the Administrator. Once that is accomplished, a final chat with the Administrator completes the the FC formation!

You can join a Free Company at any time, but creating one has a pretty healthy number of gates. You may also join a Free Company that is not affiliated with your Grand Company. You may, though, only be in one Free Company at a time. To join a different Free Company you must leave your present Free Company.

The Free Company UI can be accessed from the menu buttons and Free Company chat defaults as /fc. Your Free Company UI has a number of options currently available and a number we probably won’t see added until launch. You have a message of the day option on the Company Board. You can see who is online and manage promotions/demotions on the Member tab, manage the current FC ranks and permissions on the Rank tab and see FC records on the Activity Tab.

As of this writing, you can add ranks and manage rank hierarchy to the three default ranks. You also have a few choices for permissions (invitations, promotions and message of the day activity) for each rank.

There isn’t much more to FC’s at the moment, but you can clearly see that Traits, Journals and Statuses are listed in the UI. Some things are planned to enhance FC’s beyond their current state.





Edited, Aug 19th 2013 6:04pm by Grandmomma
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#78 Aug 19 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Ok, that's not as bad as you made it sound. I thought there were upkeep fees, and that leaders managed drops, but that isn't really listed. It's a one-time fee to make it, which is fine. Basically, the creator takes the hit, and everyone drops em like 100g to enter. The permissions I'm assuming would be for stuff related to the housing, like being able to take stuff out of the storage and what not. I don't think it relates to actual drops though.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#79 Aug 19 2013 at 4:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Yeah sounds good to me... Just keep the ls as-is until further notice... If the free company has a chat channel, then the linkshell will be pretty obsolete anyway.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#80 Aug 19 2013 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
*
232 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ok, that's not as bad as you made it sound. I thought there were upkeep fees, and that leaders managed drops, but that isn't really listed. It's a one-time fee to make it, which is fine. Basically, the creator takes the hit, and everyone drops em like 100g to enter. The permissions I'm assuming would be for stuff related to the housing, like being able to take stuff out of the storage and what not. I don't think it relates to actual drops though.

If you go the FC route, I'm willing to chip in for the initial fee. I think we should probably take this discussion over to the Karma Zameleons board, though. That way it doesn't get mixed in with all of ZAM's other threads.
____________________________
Don Fletcher (Ultros)
#81 Aug 19 2013 at 4:17 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
725 posts
BartelX wrote:
Ok, that's not as bad as you made it sound. I thought there were upkeep fees, and that leaders managed drops, but that isn't really listed. It's a one-time fee to make it, which is fine. Basically, the creator takes the hit, and everyone drops em like 100g to enter. The permissions I'm assuming would be for stuff related to the housing, like being able to take stuff out of the storage and what not. I don't think it relates to actual drops though.


http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forums/509-Free-Companies

Leaders do manage dispersal. There's a lot of information out there that's general, but the forums have specifics. There is yet to be a manual because the Release will be updated with new options. Its complicated, time consuming for the leaders and in most cases requires commitment from leaders and members.

Raids are scheduled (like Dynamis) and the leaders so far have a say in dispersals. There are options the leaders can adjust.

The link I gave you had some info, but not the niddy gritty. If you visit Free Companies websites, you can look at what the leaders expect from their members.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#82 Aug 19 2013 at 4:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
What leaders expect from their members doesn't have to be what ZAM people expect of each other. That's just like any other guild, some leaders are dictators, some are just leaders in name managing to get a group of people together.

I get it, you don't want the LS split, that's cool. But if the limit is put in place are you willing to tell everyone past the 128 "you're out of luck we were here first"? I think it's perfectly fine to talk about options that might work without getting worked up about it.

I didn't get in for instance because I spent the weekend playing my legacy character, but after next weekend I will be making an Ultros character and I will be splitting my time there. And then there's the people who couldn't make a character at all.

So let me put it to you this way - rather than panicking and talking only about not wanting to break the pearl, if there are 150 people that want to join, the LS limit stays 128 and the FC has no limit what would you suggest?
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#83 Aug 19 2013 at 4:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
BartelX wrote:
Yep, makes sense to me. Actually, it would probably be better that way anyways, as we can just buy 1 giant mansion for the entire ZAM community and everyone can access it through the Free Company. It also makes sense considering there will be quests and leves associated with Free Companies, so that way everyone will have the option to participate if they want to and it will give us the largest pool to pull from.

The big question is, what do we call our Free Company? Do we also go with Karma Zameleons? I really do love that name.


How about a tribute to the original website?

Name it Allakhazam?

Or even just "ZAM" would be awesome.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 6:49pm by Hairspray
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#84 Aug 19 2013 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts
I enjoyed being in the LS. Back in early beta it was a bit lonely. Now there's always people to chat with.

Awesomesauce.

____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#85 Aug 19 2013 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Must read more about FCs when I get home! Camping right now!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#86 Aug 19 2013 at 6:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Louiscool wrote:
Sad-faced legacy player. See you in the duty finder maybe :D


Same here, on Hyperion with my LS...unless y'all want to migrate Smiley: tongue

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 5:37pm by SkinwalkerAsura
#87 Aug 19 2013 at 6:39 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
I have a 1.0 Bartel Hayward on Hyperion, so if you ever see me on, feel free to say hi. I don't think I'll be on much though, having WAY too much fun starting fresh.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#88 Aug 19 2013 at 8:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
424 posts
If we decide going with a FC, I would really like to see it named Karma Zameleons. There is absolutely nothing that trumps that name. That's my 2 cents.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#89 Aug 19 2013 at 8:17 PM Rating: Excellent
**
598 posts
Thayos wrote:
If the FC limit is that big, then it would make sense to split the linkshell by east/west and have a giant free company!

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 12:36pm by Thayos


I'm not on Ultros anymore and lost the LS but that would be my vote. Between the forums here and banter amongst the shell hoppers anything you might miss out on would be near equal to logging for the night.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#90 Aug 19 2013 at 8:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
I don't know that a FC is the answer because you can only be in one. That said I'd also not want the LS split unless at the utmost end of need.

As for the Zam folks I played with it was AWESOME. The one dungeon I did was with Valefor and Brinna from Zam and one random guy from DF. We absolutely crushed it and it was great. I didn't even regret it when trying to exit 3102'd me for 30+ hrs lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#91 Aug 19 2013 at 9:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
102 posts
Loviong the LS and site too as long as you guys don;t take my passionate opinion too seriously. I just like sharing my full and honest thoughts which at times can come off as harsh or ******* Its just how i communicate i mean no harm nor do i really judge ppl. :)
#92 Aug 19 2013 at 9:46 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
I have a 1.0 Bartel Hayward on Hyperion, so if you ever see me on, feel free to say hi. I don't think I'll be on much though, having WAY too much fun starting fresh.


I'm considering creating an alt on Ultros to go hang with the cool kids but I'm not sure how much time I'll actually have to do so.
#93 Aug 19 2013 at 10:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
Hey gang... Ronyn Olorin and wouldn't mind grabbing a pearl come this weekend.. Thanks so much in advance....
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#94 Aug 19 2013 at 10:10 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
811 posts
Sounds like way too many people.
I know it's hard to wait, but maybe check back in a month to see who's still playing.
My experience with these large zerg-type forum guilds in the past is that most people quit playing the game a month in, and you're stuck with 2 low population LS's instead of 1 normal one.
I'm not playing on Ultros, but I wish you all the best of luck. I would imagine leading an FC with this many forumers without a co-ordinated guild website would be a nightmare.
Sounds like you all had a nice time over the weekend though, and that is good to hear. :)
#95 Aug 19 2013 at 10:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
Can we please be patient and let not only the game but the community evolve... This **** takes time....

I am totally open to dialogue about direction and progress... That is natural. However, can we pls not make assumptions based on prior experience. XI related or not.

Anyway, seems like the linkshell worked well during beta. I know I don't have a pearl, but, a website would be a decent idea to create better coordination. I'm sure that will happen regardless.

Looking forward to this weekend with you all. Smiley: smile
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CST
FilthMcNasty, Anonymous Guests (59)