Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

One hope concerning jobs...Follow

#1 Aug 19 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Hey everybody.
I just finished phase 4, and must say, really enjoyed it! Got my Lancer up to 19 and Pugilist to 10 (gonna be a Dragoon main) despite dealing with 24-30 hours of 3012.
Loved the many leveling options, the story, and the combat system. Can't wait to see how jobs fit into the grand scheme of things, and what jobs are in the pipeline to come later.

That being said, my only concern is how the job/class system is gonna work once they start releasing new jobs. If they don't release new classes but just have more splits like Summoner/Scholar, that means if you have one class at 50, you automatically have that job at the level cap with no more effort than unlocking the job. Granted there will probably be some grinding for gear to maximize it. It just feels too easy. I'm okay with the leveling rate, but the fact that you WOULDNT have to level a new job released off an old class.

For example a lot of people speculate Dark Knight from Marauder/Thaumaterge. If you have a 50 Warrior, you automatically get the 50 Dark Knight upon unlocking it!

Just curious to see how it works I guess. Anyone have any insight or thoughts?
#2 Aug 19 2013 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I dont think that will be a problem. Im guessing they will ad more weapons for other type of classes and jobs. I dont thin a drk will use axes for example, maybe great swords. Theb you have thief, ninja, samurai etc.
#3 Aug 19 2013 at 11:29 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
they can do anything they wanted really. theres no reason they couldn't just add a scythe weapon to marauder so they could use axes and scythes making DRK work (or great swords if that was your thing). Or they could simply just make DRK use axes. This would be an odd move, but in FF4 cecil uses swords so is there really a weapon type DRK MUST use?

As for them releasing a new job an already having it at 50...we don't know how the grind to 50 will be. Sure 1-20 was fairly quick, but it did start slowing down at 15 so 20-50 i would think is going to take some time. Besides, currently there are 8 classes correct? I will also assume we will eventually get a level cap increase. In FF11 i only had 4 jobs at the max out of 20 or however many there were. If 11 used 14's system, i would have had 8 out of 20. Thats still not even half of all the jobs. I think this way is much much better than FF11 because of the diversity this brings. In FF11 if you only had melee jobs it would have been hard finding a LS because everyone had melee already. But here, WAR can tank and DRK could DD so you have a much bigger array of things you can offer. Like arcanist can be a healer or a DPS. This lets arcanist fill a few different roles so it will be a lot easier to complete content.

Time will tell how this plays out but i think this will actually be a very good thing for everyone.

Edited, Aug 19th 2013 1:39pm by Keysofgaruda
#4 Aug 19 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Keysofgaruda wrote:
they can do anything they wanted really. theres no reason they couldn't just add a scythe weapon to marauder so they could use axes and scythes making DRK work (or great swords if that was your thing). Or they could simply just make DRK use axes. This would be an odd move, but in FF4 cecil uses swords so is there really a weapon type DRK MUST use?


Expanding on this even more is DRK from FFT, they used Sword and Shield, and in FFX-2 DRK used what would be considered a Great Sword. DRK has never really had a standard weapon in the FF universe. It's always been more about its abilities.
____________________________
Michael Tyrael
#5 Aug 19 2013 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
If they added Dark Knight using axes, I think there would be rioting.

But yeah, a lot of people have the same concerns as you OP about a new job coming out and it's already at 50 if it branches from an existing class. We'll have to wait and see how it works out.

I hope that Dark Knight is a 2h sword user but something tells me they'll have it use scythes again.


Edited, Aug 19th 2013 1:37pm by Killua125
#6 Aug 19 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
Seraphknight777 wrote:
Keysofgaruda wrote:
they can do anything they wanted really. theres no reason they couldn't just add a scythe weapon to marauder so they could use axes and scythes making DRK work (or great swords if that was your thing). Or they could simply just make DRK use axes. This would be an odd move, but in FF4 cecil uses swords so is there really a weapon type DRK MUST use?


Expanding on this even more is DRK from FFT, they used Sword and Shield, and in FFX-2 DRK used what would be considered a Great Sword. DRK has never really had a standard weapon in the FF universe. It's always been more about its abilities.


also, i don't see anyone raising their pitchforks over summoner using books instead of staves Smiley: lol
#7 Aug 19 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Good
Keysofgaruda wrote:
Seraphknight777 wrote:
Keysofgaruda wrote:
they can do anything they wanted really. theres no reason they couldn't just add a scythe weapon to marauder so they could use axes and scythes making DRK work (or great swords if that was your thing). Or they could simply just make DRK use axes. This would be an odd move, but in FF4 cecil uses swords so is there really a weapon type DRK MUST use?


Expanding on this even more is DRK from FFT, they used Sword and Shield, and in FFX-2 DRK used what would be considered a Great Sword. DRK has never really had a standard weapon in the FF universe. It's always been more about its abilities.


also, i don't see anyone raising their pitchforks over summoner using books instead of staves Smiley: lol


Exactly! lol I like the idea of a book (grimoire, libram, etc.) being used for ACN, SCH, SMN. It was a pleasant surprise especially after playing FFT recently and having an Oracle use a book xD
____________________________
Michael Tyrael
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 109 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (109)