Good afternoon Zam!
http://i.imgur.com/y5vRbEx.jpg - High res screenshot
I wanted to post some of my findings on tanking, and see if we can get some conversation started around the issue, and see if my experiences were accurate to the rest of the tanks out there. I played a gladiator, heading towards being a paladin
1. As a person who as tanked in nearly every mmo out there, i found it easy to pickup and tank from the get go. Most of the time threat management and durability was good in the first two dungeons
2. Had no problems controlling threat from healer or melee DPS, found it easy to do
3. Love the targeting system. The numbers and do not attack logos are awesome
4. Loot system gets us tanks geared pretty quickly from the duty finder
5. Had an idea forever to have a separate box of the mobs your fighting to cycle through and see threat, this was an amazing feature. I didn't pay attention to it at first.
6. I LOVE how your character auto turns to attack. If you position them correctly in front of you, you don't have to turn left and right.
1. Didn't get much experience with using cooldowns like damage reduction or damage increase, never found a need so i saw myself forgetting to use it.
2. Only combo worth using is savage blade. It's a shame the other combo isn't worth it at this level. That said, Savage blade was an almost instant pull if anyone did sniff threat
3. Speed running but not even on purpose, healers never lose mana. Obviously these were starter dungeons
1. Targeting by clicking is really not as fluid as i'd like. That said if you use the little box of mobs that are engaged, it's a cake walk, so it's a hit and miss, but generic targeting i felt like was off.
2. Tab targeting range is way to big. You have to run up to mobs, then turn and face to where you came from to use tab targeting effectively.
3. Didn't setup my mouse for quick presses on the mouse extra buttons, would have been nice (my fault here)
4. Archers seem to pose the biggest threat to pulling mobs off (was 3 level shigher than me too). Found them attacking as soon as i attempted to pull on multiple occasions.
1. Had one monk DPS try to tell me how to tank because they had three classes at level 20. Yelled at me for switching mobs while tanking to stack threat through the entire group. Same person said why am i not spam taunting.... good to know we'll always have dps telling us how to tank haha
2. Same person above was terrified about people rolling greed on items they needed...
3. Tank queing was very fast, love that!
4. Only died once in group, healer got attacked due to DPS pulling before i was ready and the healer and myself went down. Same person responsible as number 1 above lol.
5. Don't stand in red! =)
Overall had a lot of fun in beta, even though i had the 3102 error for all of Sunday. The extension was nice to get to play, however couldn't make it for the last 3 hours, was too tired.