Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Public Service Announcement - Early Access RegistrationFollow

#27 Aug 20 2013 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
66 posts
Not necessarily, in total I must have input my code a dozen times or more since this morning, and I only got the one EMail. The way it went down for me was:

Attempt 1: There was an error, please try again later.
Attempt 2: There was a problem with your code, please make sure you entered it correctly.
Every subsequent attempt: Same as Attempt 1.

I assume that my code went through on the first try, but I got the error message. The second time I tried it was basically telling me that my code had already been redeemed. As to why the remaining attempts yielded the first response... well, I dunno. I am thinking that once you get the second error, your code has been redeemed and you should just wait for the EMail. I am sure the hamster running the EMail server is working his tail off trying to send out all the EMails, so give him a minute to catch his breath. This is all conjecture on my part of course, but I hope it adds to the overall collective of information and we can nail down the situation.
____________________________
"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil!"
~Vigo the Carpathian
#28 Aug 20 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
Well every hour I just go on and enter the code until I get the email.
#29 Aug 20 2013 at 11:11 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,102 posts
Found this on reddit

Quote:
Per Kaden on FFXIVrealm
Right I've spoken to SE support again directly, this is the info fed to me:
Currently even though the page is live to the public, it's not actually working as intended.
Don't use the http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (or na / jp) link(s) as it won't work.
Everyone will be notified, that entered their email address into the official site previously as to when the page is actually 'actively functioning' to redeem your codes.
The XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX , 18 digit code you receive from your retailer you purchased the pre-order from IS the code you use @ http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ but only to be used when the community (as a whole) is notified via email that the page is up and functioning officially for use. Support advised me to advise anyone, not to use the page until said notification email is received (he approximated within the next 24/48 hours)
I asked them "Is my code now void..." because the game is now registered against my SE account but on PC instead of PS3, they reassured me that the code will not be void and to try it again when the page is active. If it doesn't work, then to phone them directly and they will address it.
____________________________
------------------
#30 Aug 20 2013 at 11:13 AM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Been reading the beta forum thread and here's the gist of it from what I could tell...

If you've been spamming the button... expect to get a LOT of emails for the code... this is probably why the site is spitting out error messages...

Stop spamming it's making it worse!


Uh oh, I'm gonna have about 100 emails in my inbox soon... Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#31 Aug 20 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
Found this on reddit

Quote:
Per Kaden on FFXIVrealm
Right I've spoken to SE support again directly, this is the info fed to me:
Currently even though the page is live to the public, it's not actually working as intended.
Don't use the http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ (or na / jp) link(s) as it won't work.
Everyone will be notified, that entered their email address into the official site previously as to when the page is actually 'actively functioning' to redeem your codes.
The XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX , 18 digit code you receive from your retailer you purchased the pre-order from IS the code you use @ http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ but only to be used when the community (as a whole) is notified via email that the page is up and functioning officially for use. Support advised me to advise anyone, not to use the page until said notification email is received (he approximated within the next 24/48 hours)
I asked them "Is my code now void..." because the game is now registered against my SE account but on PC instead of PS3, they reassured me that the code will not be void and to try it again when the page is active. If it doesn't work, then to phone them directly and they will address it.


http://i.imgur.com/KzUhyGH.gif

I think it is time for this now. /lol
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#32 Aug 20 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Default
22 posts
so all im getting is the error there was a problem please try again later. does that mean it went through alrdy or should I keep trying
#33 Aug 20 2013 at 11:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Got this from beta forum just now:

Quote:
This has been alluded to before. The site appears to be working.

The error you get is just because the site is a bit messed up. In the top right hand corner, your ID name will be there. Go to your profile in the drop down menu. I got the error, and in my profile it says I registered ARR today.

Now, it does not show up in the SE account information as far as I know. Being a 1.0 user, I already have FFXIV listed but not ARR. ARR doesn't show up over on the main SE account info as of right now.

So, we should not keep clicking on the button as some suggested. Check your profile. Keep the load down on the website. Peace out.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#34 Aug 20 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Got this from beta forum just now:

Quote:
This has been alluded to before. The site appears to be working.

The error you get is just because the site is a bit messed up. In the top right hand corner, your ID name will be there. Go to your profile in the drop down menu. I got the error, and in my profile it says I registered ARR today.

Now, it does not show up in the SE account information as far as I know. Being a 1.0 user, I already have FFXIV listed but not ARR. ARR doesn't show up over on the main SE account info as of right now.

So, we should not keep clicking on the button as some suggested. Check your profile. Keep the load down on the website. Peace out.


By the way I did this... and my profile said a couple of weird things. First it did not show any games associated with my account, and I know for a fact I had FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 in there.

But I was able to click on a button to enter a game code... so I did that and it gave me the same error message I got on the other site.

Also, it showed in my information "Gender: Other" - weird I didn't know there was a third category for that... and I certainly didn't think I fell into said third category Smiley: dubious
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#35 Aug 20 2013 at 11:34 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,910 posts
As a 1.0 owner I'm pretty much screwed, unless I order another copy. I would love to get into EA.
____________________________
Ultros: Brinna Vahn
#36 Aug 20 2013 at 11:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Refews wrote:


http://i.imgur.com/KzUhyGH.gif

I think it is time for this now. /lol


I can imagine Alan Rickman saying... "PUT... down your mouse... Mr. Potter."
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#37 Aug 20 2013 at 11:39 AM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
So is registration up or not? I keep getting an error
____________________________
BANNED
#38 Aug 20 2013 at 11:40 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,896 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Refews wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/KzUhyGH.gif

I think it is time for this now. /lol
I can imagine Alan Rickman saying... "BEHOLD THE METATRON, HERALD OF THE ALMIGHTY AND VOICE OF THE ONE TRUE GOD. PUT DOWN THE MOUSE."




____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#39 Aug 20 2013 at 11:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
Dogma was such an under rated movie, and he was fantastic in it.
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#40 Aug 20 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,755 posts
Atleast I'm not the only person getting error messages unlike the problems I had trying to pre-order the game on the bladdy SE EU store. xD
____________________________
Dwayna
75WHM 75BLM
94+2 Clothcraft
Lakshmi
#41 Aug 20 2013 at 11:47 AM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
ZiGG wrote:
Atleast I'm not the only person getting error messages unlike the problems I had trying to pre-order the game on the bladdy SE EU store. xD

So any reason why its not working?
____________________________
BANNED
#42 Aug 20 2013 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
For what it's worth my SE profile apparently says I'm 'female' and my code doesn't work there either when registering it.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#43 Aug 20 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Decent
*
181 posts
darexius2010 wrote:
For what it's worth my SE profile apparently says I'm 'female' and my code doesn't work there either when registering it.


I just noticed this myself... My life is changing so quickly.
#44 Aug 20 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
darexius2010 wrote:
For what it's worth my SE profile apparently says I'm 'female' and my code doesn't work there either when registering it.

Yea my profile somehow went from NA to EU... It said I am registered BUT for PC instead of PS3. Funny stuff.
#45 Aug 20 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
A quick question, I preordered the PS3 so I can get the EA on my 1.0 account. When I register do I click PC or Ps3?
____________________________
BANNED
#46 Aug 20 2013 at 12:04 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
svlyons wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
Teracide wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
This won't stop me from spamming. I will just have extra emails to delete. If they didn't wait till the last minute to do things this wouldn't be a problem.


They didn't wait until last minute. You have until Saturday to get it done. Putting the registration site up nearly 4 days before Early Access is far from "last minute".

The fact it could have been done over the past couple months.

And if they had opened it up 2 months ago, this would have happened on the first day 2 months ago.

Yes and it would have been resolved long ago...
#47 Aug 20 2013 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
Mopdaddy wrote:
svlyons wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
Teracide wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
This won't stop me from spamming. I will just have extra emails to delete. If they didn't wait till the last minute to do things this wouldn't be a problem.


They didn't wait until last minute. You have until Saturday to get it done. Putting the registration site up nearly 4 days before Early Access is far from "last minute".

The fact it could have been done over the past couple months.

And if they had opened it up 2 months ago, this would have happened on the first day 2 months ago.

Yes and it would have been resolved long ago...


And you'd have still complained just as much within that first day or two.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#48 Aug 20 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
237 posts
darexius2010 wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
svlyons wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
Teracide wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
This won't stop me from spamming. I will just have extra emails to delete. If they didn't wait till the last minute to do things this wouldn't be a problem.


They didn't wait until last minute. You have until Saturday to get it done. Putting the registration site up nearly 4 days before Early Access is far from "last minute".

The fact it could have been done over the past couple months.

And if they had opened it up 2 months ago, this would have happened on the first day 2 months ago.

Yes and it would have been resolved long ago...


And you'd have still complained just as much within that first day or two.


Holy nested quotes Batman!!!
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros Server - Jaggars Oliana
FC: The Kraken Club <ZAM>
#49 Aug 20 2013 at 1:41 PM Rating: Excellent
lolgaxe wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Refews wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/KzUhyGH.gif

I think it is time for this now. /lol
I can imagine Alan Rickman saying... "BEHOLD THE METATRON, HERALD OF THE ALMIGHTY AND VOICE OF THE ONE TRUE GOD. PUT DOWN THE MOUSE."






It made me sad that Harry Potter was quoted before Dogma or Die Hard of even Robin Hood for crisake....I feel old Smiley: frown
#50 Aug 20 2013 at 1:43 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
darexius2010 wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
svlyons wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
Teracide wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
This won't stop me from spamming. I will just have extra emails to delete. If they didn't wait till the last minute to do things this wouldn't be a problem.


They didn't wait until last minute. You have until Saturday to get it done. Putting the registration site up nearly 4 days before Early Access is far from "last minute".

The fact it could have been done over the past couple months.

And if they had opened it up 2 months ago, this would have happened on the first day 2 months ago.

Yes and it would have been resolved long ago...


And you'd have still complained just as much within that first day or two.

Yet it wouldn't have been as bad since instead of everyone at once it would have been a steady flow of codes. Stop trying to argue it, simple common sense.
#51 Aug 20 2013 at 1:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Refews wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/KzUhyGH.gif

I think it is time for this now. /lol
I can imagine Alan Rickman saying... "BEHOLD THE METATRON, HERALD OF THE ALMIGHTY AND VOICE OF THE ONE TRUE GOD. PUT DOWN THE MOUSE."






And... I can't imbibe alcohol
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)