Hi, need help. Got the pre-order code and the promotion code.
However, I don't know WHICH process the use in the PS3. Does it matter if I go through the store or the account management?
Also, I don't want to lose my progress. I noticed that even though in p3 they said our character would be there, mine wasn't even though I had it in the xmb.
So, does anyone know hot to make sure we don't lose our progress? Ok, I'm paranoid. And I didn't delete the p4 client, I just don't want it over written.
Thanks for the help.
Here's what mine said after I got in and it gave me my code. I am not sure which one to use, or if I should even download again since I already have the beta downloaded. I assume that once I start, it will detect the game already present and issue an update.
DOWNLOADING THE PS3 GAME CLIENT
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM PLAYSTATION®STORE
• Select "PlayStation®Store" icon located under "PlayStation®Network" category on XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).
• Select "Redeem Codes" on the PlayStation Store menu and enter the promotion code you received in email. Once the promotion code has been entered, proceed with the download process.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
• Log in to PlayStation Network.
• Select "Account Management" icon located under "PlayStation®Network" category on XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).
• Select "Redeem Codes”.
• Enter the promotion code and proceed with the download process.
Once the download is complete, the software installation will begin automatically. If you select "Download in Background," you will return to XMB™. By selecting the "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Pre-order)" icon located under the "Game" category, the game client installation will begin. The installation may take several minutes to complete.
*Promotion codes can only be redeemed once.
*If the download was not completed, please try again from "Download List" under "Transaction Management" in the "Account Management" section.