Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Payment Methods & BillingFollow

#1 Aug 21 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
I'm a brand new FFXIV player when does billing start? Do we get free time like 2 weeks month or what? Also they accecpt visa,can i use visa giftcards cause those are like 2 mins from my house. Also is the US gettin them gamecards? when can we get them? Some solid Q's me thinks!
#2 Aug 21 2013 at 2:34 PM Rating: Excellent
As far as I know there won't be any gamecards. I've had trouble in the past with the 'prepaid' Visa cards. They may, however, have changed the restrictions on that from back in the FFXI days (anyone remember that fiasco?). My BEST advice to you is, if you are 18 or over, get an American Express BlueBird card. Everywhere you go it reads as a major credit card even though it's prepaid (Source: I work for AMEX). If you aren't 18 or over, get your parent to get one and either give it to you or add you as a secondary cardholder (which is free and only takes a second to add subaccounts). You'll get a card in your own name and whenever you need it loaded just take your cash to Walmart and load the sucker. Boom. Done. No worries.

Or try the Visa thing and see how that goes.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#3 Aug 21 2013 at 2:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
I haven't read anything yet. I don't even know what the rates are haha. So I have saved like $40 extra just for a safety net
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#4 Aug 21 2013 at 7:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
From the last live letter:

Quote:
Q11: Will there be any additional payment methods other than credit card and Square Enix Crysta?

A11: Yes, we are planning to introduce "game time cards" which can be purchased at your nearest electronic store or convenience store. Players will be able to purchase game time for 30 days, 60 days, and also be able to choose from a variety of designs. These designs will be available in other countries as well so please stay tuned!


Quote:
Q44: When coming back for ARR, I heard there would be a Welcome Back Campaign, but could you tell us the time period and other details for this?

A44: Those of you who played FFXIV 1.0 will be able to play ARR free until September 9, 2013.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#5 Aug 21 2013 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
From the last live letter:

Quote:
Q11: Will there be any additional payment methods other than credit card and Square Enix Crysta?

A11: Yes, we are planning to introduce "game time cards" which can be purchased at your nearest electronic store or convenience store. Players will be able to purchase game time for 30 days, 60 days, and also be able to choose from a variety of designs. These designs will be available in other countries as well so please stay tuned!


Quote:
Q44: When coming back for ARR, I heard there would be a Welcome Back Campaign, but could you tell us the time period and other details for this?

A44: Those of you who played FFXIV 1.0 will be able to play ARR free until September 9, 2013.


Yeah, he even held them up in the video iirc.

____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#6 Aug 21 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
Does anyone know if they will release the game cards the same day they release the game? I would like to just pick one up while I'm at Gamestop getting the game on the 27th.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#7 Aug 21 2013 at 7:25 PM Rating: Good
***
3,386 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
Does anyone know if they will release the game cards the same day they release the game? I would like to just pick one up while I'm at Gamestop getting the game on the 27th.


No idea, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a period of time between the two releases.

No one who buys a copy of XIV on the 27th will need one for a month. Legacy players would need one in 2 weeks, so maybe then? Who knows?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#8 Aug 21 2013 at 7:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Does anyone know if they will release the game cards the same day they release the game? I would like to just pick one up while I'm at Gamestop getting the game on the 27th.


No idea, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a period of time between the two releases.

No one who buys a copy of XIV on the 27th will need one for a month. Legacy players would need one in 2 weeks, so maybe then? Who knows?


So we get the first month free when we buy the game, that's pretty cool. Do I still have to set up payment methods, or can I wait till that first month is up to handle all that crap?
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#9 Aug 21 2013 at 8:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
If it is free for the first month like FFXI you still need to set up a billing account with them I think either through crysta or charge card.

Those game time cards he was talking about I also think are only Japan first then they will show up other countries.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#10 Aug 21 2013 at 8:36 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,386 posts
supermegazeke wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Does anyone know if they will release the game cards the same day they release the game? I would like to just pick one up while I'm at Gamestop getting the game on the 27th.


No idea, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a period of time between the two releases.

No one who buys a copy of XIV on the 27th will need one for a month. Legacy players would need one in 2 weeks, so maybe then? Who knows?


So we get the first month free when we buy the game, that's pretty cool. Do I still have to set up payment methods, or can I wait till that first month is up to handle all that crap?


If this were any other game I'd be completely confident telling you that you could wait a while before setting up a payment method.

But this is Square Enix... so really, it's anybody's guess.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#11 Aug 21 2013 at 8:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
I was really hoping those cards would be available at launch, that might be the only option I have to pay. I have a bank account/debit card, as well as a clickandbuy.com account created, but my bank is ******* me over so I'm going to have to switch banks around. I wanted to just take the easiest route here, with the game cards. Smiley: glare
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#12 Aug 21 2013 at 8:55 PM Rating: Good
supermegazeke wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
supermegazeke wrote:
Does anyone know if they will release the game cards the same day they release the game? I would like to just pick one up while I'm at Gamestop getting the game on the 27th.


No idea, though I wouldn't be surprised if there was a period of time between the two releases.

No one who buys a copy of XIV on the 27th will need one for a month. Legacy players would need one in 2 weeks, so maybe then? Who knows?


So we get the first month free when we buy the game, that's pretty cool. Do I still have to set up payment methods, or can I wait till that first month is up to handle all that crap?


Every P2P MMO I've ever played, and it's a longer list than I'll admit... has required you to setup a payment plan BEFORE you can log in and start you 30 days free. Plan on having a time card or a CC ready to go on the 27th or whenever they finally put that server up.
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#13 Aug 21 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,386 posts
Quote:
Every P2P MMO I've ever played, and it's a longer list than I'll admit... has required you to setup a payment plan BEFORE you can log in and start you 30 days free. Plan on having a time card or a CC ready to go on the 27th or whenever they finally put that server up.


Hmm.. I don't have that memory. It's possible I just wasn't paying attention, but usually you'd have your game time, and then when that ran out your account would be locked down unless you set up another payment method or bought time some other way.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#14 Aug 21 2013 at 9:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
If they still accept Crysta, you can buy UltimatePay cards and use those to purchase Crysta in the SE account. UltimatePay is already sold at Gamestop and Walmart and other places. (Unlike Click and Buy, they don't suck ***.)

I don't see why they wouldn't accept Crysta for ARR, but who the **** knows what they're going to do.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#15 Aug 21 2013 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
May I ask what an UltimatePay card is? I have seen people talking about them, and I'm sure I can can just google it, but are they worth it?

Edit: Their website seems really ******. That doesn't sit too well with me.

Edited, Aug 22nd 2013 12:27am by supermegazeke
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#16 Aug 21 2013 at 10:29 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
It's a cash value card just like the prepaid Visa cards, but without as much extra fees. You create an Ultimate Pay account (they take PayPal, too!) and can add Crysta from a credit card, PayPal, or the prepaid game cards.

Pros: Crysta for cash, you don't need a credit card or to share that CC info over the Internet if you do have one, you control the exact amount of Crysta you have on hand, and can prepay for months or even years in advance if you're into that

Cons: Have to go to @#%^ing Gamestop every time you need a refill.

Edited, Aug 22nd 2013 12:30am by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#17 Aug 21 2013 at 11:40 PM Rating: Good
**
832 posts
Catwho wrote:
It's a cash value card just like the prepaid Visa cards, but without as much extra fees. You create an Ultimate Pay account (they take PayPal, too!) and can add Crysta from a credit card, PayPal, or the prepaid game cards.

Pros: Crysta for cash, you don't need a credit card or to share that CC info over the Internet if you do have one, you control the exact amount of Crysta you have on hand, and can prepay for months or even years in advance if you're into that

Cons: Have to go to @#%^ing Gamestop every time you need a refill.

Edited, Aug 22nd 2013 12:30am by Catwho

You left out the fact that buying crysta with a debit or credit card is a 1/1 penny to crysta ratio. Though it does have a $5 minimum purchase (500 points)

Edited, Aug 22nd 2013 12:40am by Niknar
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

[ffxisig]81208[/ffxisig]
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 86 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (86)