Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

FFXIV Problems Already Showing. What do you think?Follow

#102 Aug 23 2013 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,755 posts
Though I agree with a lot of the problems raised here and do not think they have easy if any solutions; I have one metric that I have been strongly focused on since participating in beta3: This game looks a **** sight better than the very troubled ffxiv 1.0 alphas I played many moons ago.

I may not be able to understand why people think homosexuality is an affront to god, oppression may make my blood boil. But ******* I *really* like the way this game looks and I am hoping for a polished and entertaining game.
____________________________
Dwayna
75WHM 75BLM
94+2 Clothcraft
Lakshmi
#103 Aug 23 2013 at 2:20 PM Rating: Good
***
1,079 posts
I don't see how any of those things scream out 'bad game!' It's really freakin trivial. Most of that is being addressed.
____________________________
FFXIV
Articus Vladmir
PLD WHM BRD DRG BLM
#104 Aug 23 2013 at 2:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
494 posts
HaibaneRenmei wrote:
Azurymber wrote:
as I run a marketing company. i]Edited, Aug 22nd 2013 10:08pm by Azurymber [/i]


Sure... sure you do.

did it ever cross your mind that maybe you should keep your opinions to your self so people would not know how self righteous you are?


First, i laid out a number of logic-based arguments. Then went on to display a number of links in a future post to demonstrate the issues i brought up are actually issues.

Second, running a company isn't exactly hard or difficult. There are millions of small businesses. The fact i run a small business does not make me special, or self-righteous, or anything of the sort. It means I have work experience in a certain field and thus a more "personal opinion" on a subject.

If you'd like a clearer analysis of the issues with the video:
1. It's target market is either 12 year olds (young boys before highschool) or adults with nostalgia for corny game videos from the 90s
12 year olds are unlikely to afford a monthly subscription
adults are unlikely to be watching cartoon network, or if they are, make up too small a population to be worth spending the money on the ads

2. It's clear by the official forums that almost no one likes the video. This suggests that the main target market (probably gamers between 20 and 35) have a negative view of the ad. If market research was done, this would have been clear. No money would have been wasted

3. As ffxiv is an MMO that has once failed, reputation is everything. The video -completely- ignores gameplay, which would suggest to anyone familiar with 1.0 that "nothings changed." If you're trying to change the image of a game with a reputation for terrible gameplay, you show off the new improved gameplay.

4. An advertisement is a reflection of the company. When people see this corny clip, they will assume the game is equally corny, and the company is inept at understanding western culture. As a result they will assume the game is equally bad in all other aspects.

5. The advertisement doesn't make much sense to anyone who didn't play 1.0. It looks like a bunch of cosplay geeks running around like idiots. Even to "geeks" this would create an unconscious feeling that "this game is full of losers." If you read the official forums some people actually complained about this, calming the ad embarrassed them as players.





Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 4:25pm by Azurymber
#105 Aug 23 2013 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,779 posts
silverhope wrote:
I still have no idea why this is a ***/straight issue imo people just want any char to beable to marry any character. If i play a male char and so dose my bf I would love to marry him ingame and get the (if any) benefits ingame. This is a video game dont we leave this kinda stuff at the door? Men play women, women can play men. So how is this a huge issue.

Other than that I would love to see more communication between SE and its player base.



In-game benefits for marriage?! I can just see it now, me and all of my friends, getting married to one another solely for the benefits provided, using marriage as yet another tool to gain power in our efforts to conquer Eorzea.

Then you could have arranged marriages! And FATE's where people fought for or against other players in a bid to stop or force a certain marriage to succeed! It would be like War of The Roses all over again! Netflix would have to make a Netflix-exclusive program for it.

More seriously, I'd like to note the A.) rate-downs for people who don't agree with the endless same-*** marriage threads on the O forums, and B.) the way the same-*** marriage issue has now infected my beloved Alla.

I say infected, knowing a lot of people will take umbrage at that and rate me down, as they have rated down others who have expressed their opinion. An opinion that, in my mind, has nothing to do with this game. And this forum is pretty much exclusively for the game. While you can make the argument that *** marriage is technically a "part" (a potential part to be precise) of the game, is it actually part of the game? No, it's not. *** marriage (***** it, it's not just *** marriage, it's marriage of any kind)....Marriage is not a part of the game. It's fluff. It's nice fluff to have, once the core elements of the game are dialed in correctly, but as it stands now, gameplay elements, progression, encounters, instancing, grouping, communication, log-in/log-out stability, world stability, world availability, proper distribution of EA codes to people, and dozens of other issues relevant to actually *playing* the game are FAR more important.

So while I can sympathize with the people who want marriage, I cannot sympathize with thousands of posts saying essentially the same thing, clogging up resources and diverting discussion away from more relevant topics. And I would say this about any kind of "fluff" elements to a game. Is it important to have dozens of Chocobo bardings available at launch to choose from when you get your Choco? No, it's important that the Chocobos work for all races and animated smoothly. Is it important that we have hundreds of possible dyes available at game start? No! More color is nice, but if not being able to choose between peach and salmon for your subligar color makes or breaks the game for you, then I think you're in the wrong genre of games. This is a fantasy MMO heavily focused on crafting, gathering and combat. Not a fashion simulator (although it may become that at a later date....once the gameplay elements are dialed in).

Ultimately, the point I'm trying to make is that the marriage pushers seem to be acting like spoiled children who have no patience. They want their marriage and they want it now and everyone and everything else can be damned! But immediately pre-launch? Of one of the biggest MMO's to date? And a reboot of a failed MMO on top of that? I'm sorry, but SE needs to address the issues that ruined 1.0 at launch, not worry about adding superfluous features to a game already having issues with bugs and errors. Should marriage be in game? It would be nice, yeah. I'd like it, just so people could have the option. Is it necessary to make endless threads on it days before release? **** no. SE is aware of the issue. Spamming the forums with more threads does nothing but alienate people who would otherwise support you (like me) who believe you're acting like immature kids, bugging mom and dad for their attention.

Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 1:59pm by Quor
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#106 Aug 23 2013 at 2:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
OP wrote:
remember the windows vista Seinfeld commercials?


Life would have been crazy if Windows hadn't died shortly after these commercials. What would it be like if Windows was actually successful, and those Seinfeld commercials hadn't killed them off. I guess we will never know. /shrug

(...somebody that bases the purchase of ANYTHING on the premise of a commercial is an absolute ******. The commercial industry is nothing short of satanic and soulless in the way that they think and operate.)
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#107 Aug 23 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Good
30 posts
Thats an extremly good point about the other games that are out there. TBH I disagree with all "these" type of games. I draw the line where I feel, some where this is just plain wrong, even in "fiction mode".

I feel in this type of game, there is absolutly 0 need to add this content to the game, does it make the game better? Does it bring more people to buy the game, maybe 1-2 tops.

Whilst other games are bassed on violant conduct and that is what generates their revenue, no way do this generate anything for SE.

I'm not saying it will affect my gamming experience nor yours, I'm just saying it's simply wrong to have it in this type of game.

A line must be drawn somewhere in all games or in real life. These lines are dictated by our own conscience. But this line does not need to be set by SE,
#108 Aug 24 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
494 posts
Well, seems like they didn't fix the server issues from beta...
#109 Aug 24 2013 at 1:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,448 posts
Azurymber wrote:
Well, seems like they didn't fix the server issues from beta...


I don't remember the instance servers bursting into flames during beta.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#110 Aug 24 2013 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
252 posts
So you corrected one hate speech, for another hate speech? Oh, how very progressive of you. If someone wants to be an idiot by insulting a group, don't go and show your own ignorance by insulting another group.



OP, is this your first MMO launch? Because this game has launched with plenty of content, features, and a huge community. This game is here to stay.
____________________________

#111 Aug 24 2013 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts

1. *** Marriage Threads Deleted / People Banned
Red Herring, in fact, you likely tacked this in to draw attention to it for personal reasons. Marriage isn't even implemented yet. It doesn't belong in this argument and the fact that you're dragging it in is shameful.

2. Error 3102 & 90000
3. Character Creation Suspension and Server Overloads
4. Pre-Order Code Server Overload

Spread out and pad your argument much?
These are all launch problems, and every MMO has launch problems. Even if these problems persist, most of them will be forgotten about within their first year, and those who move onto other MMOs will once again become upset unnecessarily at the launch of another MMO that has similar problems.

The fact that its SUCH an overload is actually good tidings for this game's survival, in spite of the troubles. It means interest levels are much higher than SE anticipated. And remember, SE has to project possible levels of success ahead of time and make servers accordingly.

It means the interest is disproportional to their projections - their expectations on immediate returns for this game is actually low.

Rough translation: They've already got far far more than they anticipated and can actually afford to lose people. I'm actually hoping they loose a few key individuals myself.


5. Pre-order Confusion

This is a one-time occurrence. After early access is exhausted, so long as those who preordered gain their pre-order items, the issue on this will be moot. Other promotions in the future should be handled with more care, however.

6. Lack of in-house shipping or financial management
Referring to billing? It's vastly improved than before even when using external sources. However financial infrastructure is expensive, VERY expensive in the United States in particular and even more so when you're trying to establish it cross-country. However, I will acknowledge this is one of few feedback issues we share - it has nothing to do with the game itself, however.



7. Forum Limitations
- as I have stated multiple times before: This is solely on the head of an irresponsible and immature community. NA is the only ones who are heavily affected by this issue, and are actually the source of the bulk of the complaints. Funny, as they also share the bulk of the blame.


8. Customer Support Issues
"This is no surprise."

It remains a criticism of mine, yes. Sadly I feel Yoshida's policies will be slow to adapt in Square Enix as a whole in a company and will serve to be a difficulty for both himself and the company as a whole. However, the game's pros itself heavily outweigh the cons of things that are out of his direct control.



9. Commercial
Personal commentary is irresponsible when trying to make an objective observation.

Overall
- Overall, this is typical of you. You're on my ignore list on both sites for a reason - you like to breed negativity over every possible scrap reason you can grasp at 0As evidence by you listing the commercial, and the marriage issue in a transparent attempt to pad your argument as well as distirbuting one overarching problem (the flood of servers) as multiple problems rather than one overarching issue that is typical of every MMO that preceded this game. I still admonish the fact that I have to acknowledge you make threads at all, but as both SE and ZAM seem it valid to have to show thread creations for members on my ignore list, You and Killua have had a field day flooding these boards unnecessarily (in your case likely because you cannot do so in the Official boards - an issue I called out before as a possiblity once people would realize their bile would get limited/silence through SE's post restrictions - which, I might add, I see as a feature, not an issue.)

What do you think?

I think you need to stop speculating and make a decision - either leave the game, and the community, or stay. Know that if you stay, and continue to complain as you do, people will likely begin or continue to call you out on your rampant, unnecessary negativity
#112 Aug 24 2013 at 3:10 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
494 posts
Hyrist wrote:

1. *** Marriage Threads Deleted / People Banned
Red Herring, in fact, you likely tacked this in to draw attention to it for personal reasons. Marriage isn't even implemented yet. It doesn't belong in this argument and the fact that you're dragging it in is shameful.

2. Error 3102 & 90000
3. Character Creation Suspension and Server Overloads
4. Pre-Order Code Server Overload

Spread out and pad your argument much?
These are all launch problems, and every MMO has launch problems. Even if these problems persist, most of them will be forgotten about within their first year, and those who move onto other MMOs will once again become upset unnecessarily at the launch of another MMO that has similar problems.

The fact that its SUCH an overload is actually good tidings for this game's survival, in spite of the troubles. It means interest levels are much higher than SE anticipated. And remember, SE has to project possible levels of success ahead of time and make servers accordingly.

It means the interest is disproportional to their projections - their expectations on immediate returns for this game is actually low.

Rough translation: They've already got far far more than they anticipated and can actually afford to lose people. I'm actually hoping they loose a few key individuals myself.


5. Pre-order Confusion

This is a one-time occurrence. After early access is exhausted, so long as those who preordered gain their pre-order items, the issue on this will be moot. Other promotions in the future should be handled with more care, however.

6. Lack of in-house shipping or financial management
Referring to billing? It's vastly improved than before even when using external sources. However financial infrastructure is expensive, VERY expensive in the United States in particular and even more so when you're trying to establish it cross-country. However, I will acknowledge this is one of few feedback issues we share - it has nothing to do with the game itself, however.



7. Forum Limitations
- as I have stated multiple times before: This is solely on the head of an irresponsible and immature community. NA is the only ones who are heavily affected by this issue, and are actually the source of the bulk of the complaints. Funny, as they also share the bulk of the blame.


8. Customer Support Issues
"This is no surprise."

It remains a criticism of mine, yes. Sadly I feel Yoshida's policies will be slow to adapt in Square Enix as a whole in a company and will serve to be a difficulty for both himself and the company as a whole. However, the game's pros itself heavily outweigh the cons of things that are out of his direct control.



9. Commercial
Personal commentary is irresponsible when trying to make an objective observation.

Overall
- Overall, this is typical of you. You're on my ignore list on both sites for a reason - you like to breed negativity over every possible scrap reason you can grasp at 0As evidence by you listing the commercial, and the marriage issue in a transparent attempt to pad your argument as well as distirbuting one overarching problem (the flood of servers) as multiple problems rather than one overarching issue that is typical of every MMO that preceded this game. I still admonish the fact that I have to acknowledge you make threads at all, but as both SE and ZAM seem it valid to have to show thread creations for members on my ignore list, You and Killua have had a field day flooding these boards unnecessarily (in your case likely because you cannot do so in the Official boards - an issue I called out before as a possiblity once people would realize their bile would get limited/silence through SE's post restrictions - which, I might add, I see as a feature, not an issue.)

What do you think?

I think you need to stop speculating and make a decision - either leave the game, and the community, or stay. Know that if you stay, and continue to complain as you do, people will likely begin or continue to call you out on your rampant, unnecessary negativity


Yes... open beta unplayable for many people
and then day 1 un-advancable because of instance issues
With disconnects and server issues

My negativity is so unnecessary. This game is obviously perfect.
#113 Aug 24 2013 at 5:06 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Perfect? Whoever said perfect?

But the errors it is suffering under are well within reasonable expectations and precedent set by every MMO before it.

Your negativity, however, goes beyond common acceptable conduct, even for internet standards, which are far, far too low in my opinion. Not to mention this negativity has been as consistant as Yoshida's communication efforts - which is to say, pretty **** consistent.

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 7:08pm by Hyrist
#114 Aug 24 2013 at 5:07 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
494 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Perfect? Whoever said perfect?

But the errors it is suffering under are well within reasonable expectations and precedent set by every MMO before it.

Your negativity, however, goes beyond common acceptable conduct, even for internet standards, which are far, far too low in my opinion.

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 7:06pm by Hyrist


SWTOR, Rift, GW2 and from what i hear Tera
all seemed to start out just fine.



Edited, Aug 24th 2013 7:07pm by Azurymber
#115 Aug 24 2013 at 5:12 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Azurymber wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
Perfect? Whoever said perfect?

But the errors it is suffering under are well within reasonable expectations and precedent set by every MMO before it.

Your negativity, however, goes beyond common acceptable conduct, even for internet standards, which are far, far too low in my opinion.

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 7:06pm by Hyrist


SWTOR, Rift, GW2 and from what i hear Tera
all seemed to start out just fine.



Edited, Aug 24th 2013 7:07pm by Azurymber



Excuse me!?

What rock did you come out under?

I was there for 3/4 of those launches as they did NOT start out 'just fine'. Server crashes, character backdates is just Guild Wars 2's tale.

Entire servers failed to function correctly for SWTOR, not to mention abilities flat out failing to function properly in instances, voiceover malfunctions, etc.

Rift's already been talked about in Zam. Several quest bottlenecks were glitched so that player's couldn't even progress.

These were not 'smooth' launches. Each one had bumps in the road, no different than here. And just like they were conveniently forgotten every time some new MMO comes out and screws something up at launch, so too will FFXIV's launch woes be washed over once EQN or ESO comes out with some sort of unexpected bug or glitch which causes the firecracker haters such as yourself to start raging.
#116 Aug 24 2013 at 5:16 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
20 posts
People should stop bumping this troll thread and make a separate thread about launch issues if need be. The OP pushing political agendas has no place in a video game.
#117 Aug 24 2013 at 5:37 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
530 posts
Under the last post of every thread there is a counter that lets you know how many people are 'visiting', it's called "Recent Visitors." Mine currently lists 1300+, of all those I can name 3 that are consistently negative. About everything. All the time.
Seriously, what sane person thinks to themselves "I hate this product and everything about it so much that I'm going to stick with it for a while and tell everyone how bad it really is."
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#118 Aug 24 2013 at 5:39 PM Rating: Default
*
131 posts
Azurymber wrote:
1. *** Marriage Threads Deleted / People Banned


Interesting - and shameful. How is this even still an issue? Bethesda broke that barrier in two of their flagship series without any real fanfare. I can't understand why squenix would still have issues. Heck, when I played FFXI, half of the female characters were played by guys anyhow, and half of the women I knew who played, played male characters to avoid harassment from the 13-17 year old boy crowd.

Azurymber wrote:
3. Character Creation Suspension and Server Overloads
4. Pre-Order Code Server Overload


Echoing my sentiment from other threads posted today, these sorts of issues are not as easily dealt with as non-technical folks think. The short of it is that capacity and scalability planning for something like this is really, really hard work - oh, and you're almost always on a budget that may or may not reflect any sort of common sense, too.

Azurymber wrote:
9. Commercial


I couldn't agree more on this point, the TV commercial that's come on during Adult Swim a number of times is so generic that I thought it was another stupid flash-based mmo when I saw it. In my opinion, a campaign which simultaneously puts forward "this is not just another crappy WoW knock-off or cheesy low budget flash mmo" to draw in new folks and appeals to FF fans like myself with plenty of chocobos, moogles, and other series staples, would probably work best.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#119 Aug 24 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
24 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Agreed on each point. Finally someone with some sense.

I don't know if the game itself is rushed but Square Enix as a company is once again showing its incompetence and how out of touch it is with its audience.

I agree with you and the OP. and I play on ps3 and I hope to god it looks better on the computer.
#120odihsa4, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 6:18 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) +1 to the people who think UI/HUD is awkward/dirty.
#121 Aug 24 2013 at 9:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
137 posts
the moment you people who got pre-order codes illegally -
because you will cancel your order just to get further free play in this game **** off-
the better it will be for the rest of us who actually BOUGHT the game and intend to subscribe and play it for a long time!
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#122 Aug 25 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Decent
Ya know, this post is going to be a terrible idea. ***** it, let's do this...

Azurymber wrote:
1. *** Marriage Threads Deleted / People Banned


Most of you will stop here, and flame me. I accept that. I accept that I am about to get hated on. But, you know what, @#%^ *** marriage in a video game. In fact, @#%^ marriage in a video game. It's a *************@#%^ing video game. And people are @#%^ing losing their mind that they can't marry one set of pixels to another set of pixels that have similarly shaped pixels! You do realize that, as a guy, I can play a female character in a game, right? I mean, they don't check your RL gender when you sign up. So that means that not every girl in Eorza will actually BE a girl. That right there starts an issue that just doesn't stop.

It's a video game. A. VIDEO. GAME. You know what's @#%^ed up? 40+ threads on a VIDEO GAME about *** MARRIAGE. Why are these people not voting in their countries for lawmakers who are PRO *** MARRIAGE?!? Where is the amount of fervor and dedication to go out and actually make *** marriage a real thing in, you know, REALITY?!? And if they are, why are they wasting their time here when they could be using all that time to advocate to make it real?!?

See, I live in Canada. We have it legal up here. It's awesome. It doesn't end the @#%^ing world. No one is marrying animals. Jesus didn't come smite us. Trust me, guys, legalizing it, in reality, will do nothing more than make people happy. And then, when it's globally legal, it will not be shocking to see it just allowed in a game like anything else. And now everyone, everywhere is happy. Until then, cram your complaints that two piles of pixels can't do what you want them to. Instead, go out, vote for people looking to make it legal and reality, and everything else will follow. Oh, and that bullsh*t about life imitating art in this regard? It's bullsh*t. There are tons and tons of ***-positive role models in media and we still don't have *** marriage allowed globally. The only way this gets done is if you get the laws changed, bottom line.

Now, after that... the rest of this will seem irrelevant.

Azurymber wrote:
2. Error 3102 & 90000
3. Character Creation Suspension and Server Overloads


Both being worked on intensively. These will get sorted out eventually, but yea, it can be frustrating to see happen. However, I think that SE was stunned by the demand, and there are a lot of late adopters, so now they are having to scramble to catch up.

Azurymber wrote:
4. Pre-Order Code Server Overload
5. Pre-order Confusion

This one (it's really the same issue) had me baffled too. I am not sure where the missteps were, but really, it's not a shocker. Ever since the move to the SE account management system, they've made even the simplest things confusing. It's one area they need major reworking to streamline and simplify the interface and provide clear instructions on each step of the process. They also need the infrastructure to do it, and because they moved to at first outsource their support and billing, now they need to reinvest in in-house solutions.

Azurymber wrote:
6. Lack of in-house shipping or financial management

In-house payments are now done, so that's not an issue. In-house shipping is not something anyone does anymore. It's all outsourced, it's just that some companies seem to because they never redirect you to another site.

Azurymber wrote:
7. Forum Limitations


Didn't like the beta limitations either. Definitely agreed here, they need to let the forums be more open, otherwise they are pointless.


Azurymber wrote:
8. Customer Support Issues

This has been a personal bugbear of mine for a while. Getting support is so difficult. When I played CoH/V, the support was insanely good, even when it went free to play. If you ran into an issue, you made a call, and in minutes, you'd have a resolution. On FFXI, the current wait time ranks in the hundreds (HUNDREDS) of hours, and most often, you get a generic reply that tells you to go to their utterly useless support site.

Honestly, if I didn't get hooked on the game, this was my #1 reason to never play an SE MMO again. I am still very wary of it, but the game is just too compelling.

Azurymber wrote:
9. Commercial


Well for FFXI, they did this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m4r9wO1qzk

... but then there was also this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_42la3foiCc

.... yea.... English marketing has always sucked.

Azurymber wrote:
Overall


Overall, massive strides in the game. It's a totally different animal. I am really utterly impressed. Their communication has made amazing strides too, as their twitter account has been buzzing this entire time providing updates. They still need better forum policies and customer support, and their payment interface and account management site needs a total overhaul for clarity and usability.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 9:32am by Pawkeshup
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#123 Aug 25 2013 at 7:46 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,149 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Overall, massive strides in the game. It's a totally different animal. I am really utterly impressed. Their communication has made amazing strides too, as their twitter account has been buzzing this entire time providing updates. They still need better forum policies and customer support, and their payment interface and account management site needs a total overhaul for clarity and usability.

I totally agree with the amazing strides part. Granted the last time I played was 1.0 prior to subscription kicking in, it's leaps and bounds above where it was.

I do respectfully disagree on the communication part though. Yoshi himself gets an A+ in this department, but SE on the whole has been horrible. Tons of conflicting statements in regards to early access and pre-order codes, customer service almost unwilling to help people leaving them to their own devices(good thing we have us) and incredibly slow and/or inaccurate responses to issues.

2 days to respond to issues in a 3 day beta phase is unacceptable. In retrospect, the beta phase should have been longer but they once again backed themselves into a corner with the release date. You can't patch an issue(3102) a few hours before testing is over and call it fixed without more testing. They tried to deal with 90k after beta was closed and look what happened with that... still an issue.

The game is where it should've been at the first release, but SE's preparation and planning isn't anywhere close.

*EDIT*

Add 10102 to the list Smiley: frown

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 9:49am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#124 Aug 25 2013 at 7:48 AM Rating: Decent
34 posts
This is another FAIL launch by SE. And yes, early access counts as a launch.

I have had 0 issues on a JP server, but the past few days have been full of issues on the NA server.

So far, 3 days of early access has turned out to be 1 day of early access.


I see another repeat of SE extending the F2P model.
#125 Aug 25 2013 at 8:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
530 posts
Jaimierom wrote:

So far, 3 days of early access has turned out to be 1 day of early access.


Early access started on the 24th, today is the 25th, how is that 3 days?
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#126 Aug 25 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
190 posts
ACLinjury wrote:
Jaimierom wrote:

So far, 3 days of early access has turned out to be 1 day of early access.


Early access started on the 24th, today is the 25th, how is that 3 days?



Well he's partially right, It has only been 1 day of early access. 2 more to go! :-)
____________________________
Current Game: FFXIV
Server: Ultros
Name: Phasmoto Kong


#127 Aug 25 2013 at 8:26 AM Rating: Good
****
4,149 posts
Phasmoto wrote:
ACLinjury wrote:
Jaimierom wrote:

So far, 3 days of early access has turned out to be 1 day of early access.


Early access started on the 24th, today is the 25th, how is that 3 days?



Well he's partially right, It has only been 1 day of early access. 2 more to go! :-)


Maybe they mean only 1 day possible of uninterrupted play? Not everyone has an entire weekend to devote to playing. You'd like to hope that servers would be up full-time so that if you only had a few hour window to play, you'd get a chance.

I kinda feel bad for the people who shelled out for XIV twice to get early access. Smiley: frown
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#128 Aug 25 2013 at 8:35 AM Rating: Decent
33 posts
Yes I paid $60 for my son and I have the 3 days of EA, $10/day each to watch server maintenance - how about a credit, like a couple months of subscription time?
#129 Aug 25 2013 at 9:09 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
Ivart wrote:
Yes I paid $60 for my son and I have the 3 days of EA, $10/day each to watch server maintenance - how about a credit, like a couple months of subscription time?


You paid extra for early access? I bought my copy via PSN at retail price at around 11pm on Friday night and got early access at no additional cost Saturday morning.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#130 Aug 25 2013 at 9:17 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
27 posts
Personally I hope all the know it all's here and whiners don't come back to the game. It will make the world's a better place. Because you guys are coming off like ********* right now.
#131 Aug 25 2013 at 9:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
27 posts
I this is why people like you can't be taken seriously.

Go outside and get some sun.
#132 Aug 25 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
190 posts
DuskCactuar wrote:
Ivart wrote:
Yes I paid $60 for my son and I have the 3 days of EA, $10/day each to watch server maintenance - how about a credit, like a couple months of subscription time?


You paid extra for early access? I bought my copy via PSN at retail price at around 11pm on Friday night and got early access at no additional cost Saturday morning.



hahaha
____________________________
Current Game: FFXIV
Server: Ultros
Name: Phasmoto Kong


#133 Aug 25 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,149 posts
DuskCactuar wrote:
Ivart wrote:
Yes I paid $60 for my son and I have the 3 days of EA, $10/day each to watch server maintenance - how about a credit, like a couple months of subscription time?


You paid extra for early access? I bought my copy via PSN at retail price at around 11pm on Friday night and got early access at no additional cost Saturday morning.

There are many, many players who purchased 1.0 that didn't stick around through the tough times to become legacy accounts. All of those people were required to pre-order the game. So they purchased it twice basically for 3 days early access, an extra 16 days of trial time and the bonus items. I'd imagine that if you asked them or took a poll, the majority would say they'd take the 3 days access in exchange for the bonus items.


Edited, Aug 25th 2013 11:44am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#134 Aug 25 2013 at 9:48 AM Rating: Decent
6 posts
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/q71/s720x720/1234166_10200806245414979_1221599800_n.jpg

did someone has already experienced this type of error?

system error: -2146697203

i keep having this error when im opening the launcher.
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 93 All times are in CST
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (92)