Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

THM-ACN Cross Class Discussion!Follow

#1 Aug 23 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
4 posts
I'll start this off with two points!

Ruin:
Here's the question: Why would you EVER use ruin? Lol.. I mean.. why is it even a cross-class? Unaspected damage appears to be worthless. Elemental properties are ambiguous at best right now, and Yoshi's worries about elemental rock-paper-scissors excluding some classes (especially casters -- what happens to THM if mob is resistant to fire and/or ice?) seem to be preventing any further impetus in that direction. Even if elements mattered, Scathe does the same thing for 140 pot as an instant cast. So..what? Is there some perk I'm missing? Does it ignore defense or something?

Virus & Eye for an Eye: I WANTS IT. I could see both of these being skills all casters need to have (I believe WHM can equip as well) for end-game raids. I could see virus being especially OP if it stacks on the base str/dex value. Any 24-man raid with 10 mages could turn a 100% str/dex reduction for 10 seconds every 120 seconds. If they all had eye for an eye (and it stacked similarly on base), they could effectively make the main tank invulnerable for 10 seconds out of every 60 if properly coordinated.

Thoughts, everyone?
#2 Aug 23 2013 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
139 posts
Only made it to lvl 10 THM then got distracted with gathering. I should really read what my spells do. Right now the spells I use are fire, ice, thunder and turn-fire-buff-into-mana. From my uninitiated viewpoint though, I think the virus and eye for an eye would be awesome, especially if it stacks. I should really start looking into cross class abilities.
#3 Aug 23 2013 at 8:23 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
4 posts
The only real classes of concern for BLM are archer and arcanist, so you shouldn't worry too much. Get both to 15-30ish and you'll be doing just fine. You need ACN at 15 for BLM quest anyway. My goal is to get there tomorrow -- ACN is at 8 right now and THM is already to 20 so it shouldn't be too challenging. Kinda wished I'd gotten ACN to 20 in beta instead of CNJ, but I wanted to start in gridania and all, Lol.

Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 10:23pm by GilbertLapine
#4 Aug 25 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
You need archer lvl 15 to unlock blm. I just did it. Wasted some time lvling acn to 15 -.-
#5 Aug 26 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
GilbertLapine wrote:
I'll start this off with two points!

Ruin:
Here's the question: Why would you EVER use ruin? Lol.. I mean.. why is it even a cross-class? Unaspected damage appears to be worthless. Elemental properties are ambiguous at best right now, and Yoshi's worries about elemental rock-paper-scissors excluding some classes (especially casters -- what happens to THM if mob is resistant to fire and/or ice?) seem to be preventing any further impetus in that direction. Even if elements mattered, Scathe does the same thing for 140 pot as an instant cast. So..what? Is there some perk I'm missing? Does it ignore defense or something?

Virus & Eye for an Eye: I WANTS IT. I could see both of these being skills all casters need to have (I believe WHM can equip as well) for end-game raids. I could see virus being especially OP if it stacks on the base str/dex value. Any 24-man raid with 10 mages could turn a 100% str/dex reduction for 10 seconds every 120 seconds. If they all had eye for an eye (and it stacked similarly on base), they could effectively make the main tank invulnerable for 10 seconds out of every 60 if properly coordinated.

Thoughts, everyone?


Ruin is not very good in comparison to your other spells (especially with your Astral bonuses). I like ACN for the cure spell, pure and simple. Virus only lasts 5 - 10 seconds and has a really long refresh rate. Worth casting once, that's it. I have no clue about eye for an eye. Leveled ACN to 15, that's it.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#6 Aug 26 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
diggilo wrote:
You need archer lvl 15 to unlock blm. I just did it. Wasted some time lvling acn to 15 -.-


Are you serious? First I hear I need pugilist, then I hear I need ACN. Now archer? Really? Crap.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#7 Aug 26 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
GilbertLapine wrote:
The only real classes of concern for BLM are archer and arcanist, so you shouldn't worry too much. Get both to 15-30ish and you'll be doing just fine. You need ACN at 15 for BLM quest anyway. My goal is to get there tomorrow -- ACN is at 8 right now and THM is already to 20 so it shouldn't be too challenging. Kinda wished I'd gotten ACN to 20 in beta instead of CNJ, but I wanted to start in gridania and all, Lol.

Edited, Aug 23rd 2013 10:23pm by GilbertLapine


Dude unless you have a lot of time on your hands you are not going to get those levels in one day. THM 28-29 I am on right now and it is 140k tnl.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#8 Aug 26 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
123 posts
Virus doesn't stack from what I noticed
____________________________
Final Fantasy Radio
http://finalfantasyradio.co/
Amestra Blackoak Ultros Server
The Kraken Club

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)