I don't get why an admin is trying to bully somoene and censor the forum to show the game in a positive light, unless ofc he is a fan of the game and it hurts him personally to read negative things. I guess I can understand that.
Seems odd to play up your power to the crowd, like a bad cop trying to humiliate someone knowing he is in a position of power though.
Never seen this on a professionally run forum before, if action was needed they simply do it. They don't brag about it or threaten it like the schoolyard bully.
Edited, Aug 24th 2013 7:41pm by preludes
You know, bullying is the new trendy word, isn't it. do you know what bullying is?
I mean, do you?
No, obviously not. You want to see bullying?
This is bullying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtkHsARkHbg
THIS is bullying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0OV92Yyl20
Listen to her ******* story, and shut the ******* **** up.
An admin telling someone to knock off their **** is called them doing their job. They are not bullying, they are telling someone if they do something again, they will receive a penalty.
Now if you are referring to my poll? My NON ADMIN Poll? It's my honest attempt to show the admins here that, even if someone is not openly breaking the rules that they are having an impact on the community, and at that point, you need to truly weigh that person's value versus their actions. As of right now, 27 other people clicked to vote for an option to silence Killua. That means his actions, this one person's, are annoying 28 other people, and now they need to further consider whether or not that warrants talking to the user to, you know, not do that.
Is he at a level that he needs a ban? Who knows, that's the admin's job to determine. I'm just getting sick of the pack of trolls that come in, derail threads and openly hate on the game. It's fine to be critical of it, but look last ten topics he created: http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377358456173341827
- Complains about the server he's on http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137727388563613300
- Baits a conversation about scoring then bashes certain sites http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377031029188984920
- Complains about the summons on FFXIV, calling them "the worst" http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1376960832154062837
- A bait thread about *** marriage, where he is at least pro-*** marriage http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1376841351184433951
- Complains about not being able to make friends in-game http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1376674910206071045
- Again a complaint thread about avatars http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137666864856067553
- A complaint about no voice acting in the beta, initial post content is just "....?" http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=13748985137001864
- FFXIV:ARR's music "sucks compared to FFXI" http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137399014589885751
- Complains that FFXIV is plagiarizing Rift http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1373916295296783482
- A complaint about the graphics, and some models used
Those are his last ten threads. This does not include his many other posts.
Now, you might say I am bullying him. I am not, I am pointing to a pattern of behavior that not just Killua is guilty of. Oh, I don't mind dissent or critique of the game. But none of this is critique or discussion, it's basically "My opinion is this sucks, now deal with it". Go run through those threads. That's basically all they are. That's it. And there are a few more like him around the forum, though I haven't seen most active anymore, or at least recently. I am just sick to death of the overdramatic drone of this sort of contentless, opinion-based ******** from someone who obviously dislikes this game, and wants to make that point bleedingly clear, despite saying "Oh no, I like it." See, I can be critical of the game, it's not perfect. I know this. I also know it has a good side, and am willing to praise it.
So, the issue becomes, at what point does someone's personal agenda against the game cross the line of critique into trolling?