Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

This is getting ridiculousFollow

#1 Aug 24 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Sub-Default
**
487 posts
Instances wont work, have to log back in and it wont let me back in. Another emergency maintenance....Im getting rather irate
____________________________
BANNED
#2Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And oh yeah queue system isn't working rather than queue Im getting error 1017
#3 Aug 24 2013 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
Have you never played an MMO before? This ALWAYS, ALWAYS happens.
#4 Aug 24 2013 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
We're stress testing the servers and things are supposed to break. Didn't anyone ever tell you that's what beta is for? Smiley: lol
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#5 Aug 24 2013 at 1:05 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
494 posts
the game is working as intended! clearly
There are no problems
this is just part of beta
and by beta i mean launch
#6Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:05 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Um this isnt beta brainiac.
#7Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:06 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) No. it doesn't always happen
#8 Aug 24 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Good
****
4,146 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
We're stress testing the servers and things are supposed to break. Didn't anyone ever tell you that's what beta is for? Smiley: lol

Um this isnt beta brainiac.


I was being sarcastic Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#9Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:08 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Sorry sarcasm doesn't translate well in to written form lol
#10 Aug 24 2013 at 1:13 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
WOW!

That's a lot of ignored posts in a row...
#11 Aug 24 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Um, I've played a good number of MMOs at launch. Yea, it can happen. Just go have some lunch and a shower, and it will be back.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#12 Aug 24 2013 at 1:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
777 posts
I actually can't think of an MMO that *didn't* have a rocky start. Um...Rift, maybe? I don't remember what my experience was with Rift's start, for some reason. It was for this reason that I didn't preorder the game, since I already had a non-legacy 1.0 copy lying around.
#13 Aug 24 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
78 posts
You want to know what is ridiculous? When logging on moogle there are no queues at all. Still the server is locked for creating new characters. Friends been waiting the whole day to create character on moogle..
#14 Aug 24 2013 at 1:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
35 posts
So has the maintenance begun?
#15 Aug 24 2013 at 2:01 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,537 posts
Not yet
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#16 Aug 24 2013 at 2:03 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,146 posts
Altair wrote:
I actually can't think of an MMO that *didn't* have a rocky start. Um...Rift, maybe? I don't remember what my experience was with Rift's start, for some reason. It was for this reason that I didn't preorder the game, since I already had a non-legacy 1.0 copy lying around.


RIFT and TERA were pretty smooth actually.

I think the open beta was too short honestly. Peep maths...

Breaking records for concurrent open beta testers + many(possibly the majority) of them being locked out of playing for much(possibly the majority) of the time = Extend beta phase
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#17 Aug 24 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
35 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Not yet


I hope it starts soon since I'm getting kinda frustrated with playing Tales of Graces lol.
#18Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Hey I just got hit with error 90000 I thought that was fixed >:(
#19 Aug 24 2013 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Hey I just got hit with error 90000 I thought that was fixed >:(


That's nothing more than the server disconnect code.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#20Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) it wont let me back in to any NA server either
#21 Aug 24 2013 at 3:15 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Redding wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Hey I just got hit with error 90000 I thought that was fixed >:(


That's nothing more than the server disconnect code.

it wont let me back in to any NA server either


That'd be a congestion issue.

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 4:16pm by Redding
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#22 Aug 24 2013 at 3:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
Reading peoples pain makes me wonder if this pre, prelaunch was a success. I thought beta showed them they needed more servers. I'm addicted to the 360 World of Tanks beta right now, when servers fail I tell myself it's beta. This game is going live in a few days I hope it's fixed.
____________________________





#23 Aug 24 2013 at 3:31 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Heck, it took FFXI a good 6-9 months to even start catching its stride and getting all of these scalability/code bug issues worked out. Once they did though, it was pretty stable. If you can't remain patient through the debugging phase of a new game, you're better off waiting until the word on the street is that things are solid before jumping in. It's generally expected that things will be this way for a while.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#24 Aug 24 2013 at 4:42 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
DuskCactuar wrote:
Heck, it took FFXI a good 6-9 months to even start catching its stride and getting all of these scalability/code bug issues worked out. Once they did though, it was pretty stable. If you can't remain patient through the debugging phase of a new game, you're better off waiting until the word on the street is that things are solid before jumping in. It's generally expected that things will be this way for a while.


It was stable until Windows 7, at which point POL randomly started crashing for no reason at all at least once a day. Smiley: bah

That's a client issue, not a server issue, but it still annoys me greatly.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 81 All times are in CST
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (80)