Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Real Talk, SonFollow

#1 Aug 24 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
24 posts
I love this game so much, easily my favourite MMO ever made.... when it works....

I know this is temporary and before launch date too, and square will fix it.....

But for the last 3 hours I haven't been able to use the duty finder at all, no dungeons, behests, not even instances in quests......

Not only that but for the last 3 hours I haven't been able to teleport, zone, I am unable to attack ANYTHING - not a single random monster.....

The only thing I have been able to do for the last 3 hours..... is walk around western la noscea and enjoy the scenery......

Sigh.....

When is this game getting fixed?
#2 Aug 24 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
487 posts
Gildhests worked. But I cant start Ifrit because of this
____________________________
BANNED
#3 Aug 24 2013 at 2:26 PM Rating: Decent
Oh

mah

fudging

god....


IT JUST OPENED TODAY!

Do you think programmers are ******* wizards? That they just move a mouse around, punch four keys and blam-o - FIXED?!?

Here's an idea: GOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#4 Aug 24 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
These complications normally come up on launch day. I know it's not the answer you or anyone else wants to hear, but try to be patient. It will be fixed over the coming days.
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.™





#5 Aug 24 2013 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
24 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Oh

mah

fudging

god....


IT JUST OPENED TODAY!

Do you think programmers are @#%^ing wizards? That they just move a mouse around, punch four keys and blam-o - FIXED?!?

Here's an idea: GOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE


I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?
#6 Aug 24 2013 at 2:28 PM Rating: Decent
Here, go here, and stare at it!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

Consider it camping a wiley Notorious Monster!
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#7 Aug 24 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
He did the same thing to me... I have no idea what his issue is...

Instances are broken atm and they're working on a fix. When the fix is ready they'll be bringing the server down for maintenance. They didn't give an ETA yet.
#8 Aug 24 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Notice how the jp servers have been up whole launch?
____________________________
BANNED
#9 Aug 24 2013 at 2:34 PM Rating: Good
SimonLeonhart wrote:
I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?

Oh, I dunno

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377357110144273232

Maybe

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377357096144089223

there

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377370836156285402

are

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377359101188733333

just

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377358665180541930

a few

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137735697112906106

threads

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1377361884256408290

already.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#10 Aug 24 2013 at 2:36 PM Rating: Default
24 posts


See thats better, don't you feel better about yourself as a human being now? Your Welcome.
#11 Aug 24 2013 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
SimonLeonhart wrote:



I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?


They already told us they're implementing a fix, they want it fixed EVEN MORE than you do.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#12 Aug 24 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
220 posts
Yeah I'm on Masamune it has been pretty solid, I took a nap for a 3 hours so maybe during that time it sucked but no issues yet minus overcrowding.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1875546[/ffxivsig]
#13 Aug 24 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Notice how the jp servers have been up whole launch?


It's not a conspiracy, they're doing something new having NA/EU servers like this, and clearly there are some unforseen complications. Its just how life is.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#14 Aug 24 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Llester wrote:
SimonLeonhart wrote:



I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?


They already told us they're implementing a fix, they want it fixed EVEN MORE than you do.

Then they would have fixed it before launch since this is the same bug from p4

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 4:41pm by Ehllfire
____________________________
BANNED
#15 Aug 24 2013 at 2:45 PM Rating: Good
I'm sorry, I had to lol a little inside. My apologies.

To the OP, a good way to keep on top of any newly released info is by watching the Twitter feed located here. That's what I'm doing at work as I continue to hope that whatever maintenance is complete by the time I get home so I can play :P
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#16 Aug 24 2013 at 2:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Llester wrote:
SimonLeonhart wrote:



I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?


They already told us they're implementing a fix, they want it fixed EVEN MORE than you do.

Then they would have fixed it before launch since this is the same bug from p4

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 4:41pm by Ehllfire


One cause of a bug can be fixed, but the bug can still pop up again due to another set of circumstances. It happens all the time. Why would anyone think that they were purposely allowing bugs to go unfixed? That's absurd. I do sympathize a little, because they clearly did not give this enough of a stress test before EA, but I wasn't really surprised and in fact predicted that there would be more hiccups in EA.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#17 Aug 24 2013 at 2:57 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Llester wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Llester wrote:
SimonLeonhart wrote:



I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?


They already told us they're implementing a fix, they want it fixed EVEN MORE than you do.

Then they would have fixed it before launch since this is the same bug from p4

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 4:41pm by Ehllfire


One cause of a bug can be fixed, but the bug can still pop up again due to another set of circumstances. It happens all the time. Why would anyone think that they were purposely allowing bugs to go unfixed? That's absurd. I do sympathize a little, because they clearly did not give this enough of a stress test before EA, but I wasn't really surprised and in fact predicted that there would be more hiccups in EA.

So what your saying is the game wasn't ready for launch
____________________________
BANNED
#18 Aug 24 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
And it hasn't launched yet, officially. Your point?
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#19 Aug 24 2013 at 2:59 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Catwho wrote:
And it hasn't launched yet, officially. Your point?

Actually it has. Street date is the 27th. Everyone who preordered started now. So yes the game is launched. Its amazing how white knights avoid that
____________________________
BANNED
#20 Aug 24 2013 at 3:20 PM Rating: Decent
Ehllfire wrote:
Catwho wrote:
And it hasn't launched yet, officially. Your point?

Actually it has. Street date is the 27th. Everyone who preordered started now. So yes the game is launched. Its amazing how white knights avoid that


24th != 27th. No, it hasn't launched yet.

Try again a few days from now. Also find me a game that had a 100% flawless launch.


And don't ever go after her again. I don't appreciate those lashing out at others without concrete foundations for their statements.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#21Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 3:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Only the delusional claim this is still beta.
#22 Aug 24 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
And don't ever go after her again.


lol
#23 Aug 24 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
91 posts
and now someone will be up all night because someone else on the internet is wrong...
____________________________
The Singularity is near.


When you see an RMT advertisement, please file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].
#24 Aug 24 2013 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
Llester wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
Llester wrote:
SimonLeonhart wrote:



I'm asking for any updates on when this is getting fixed and if anyone has any information, why is that too much to ask?
Why are you being rude and being a douchebag?


They already told us they're implementing a fix, they want it fixed EVEN MORE than you do.

Then they would have fixed it before launch since this is the same bug from p4

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 4:41pm by Ehllfire


One cause of a bug can be fixed, but the bug can still pop up again due to another set of circumstances. It happens all the time. Why would anyone think that they were purposely allowing bugs to go unfixed? That's absurd. I do sympathize a little, because they clearly did not give this enough of a stress test before EA, but I wasn't really surprised and in fact predicted that there would be more hiccups in EA.

So what your saying is the game wasn't ready for launch


So what you're saying is, you have no conception whatsoever of game development/testing/bug-fixing. Ok, got it.


protip: MMOs are almost never "ready for launch" when they launch. Even if the launch is flawless, as in the case of, say, Rift. They still didn't get everything in that they wanted for launch. It's essentially impossible to develop a game like this, on a schedule, and not have to cut something. It's also very improbably to release a game like this and not have any bugs. But yes, I agree, the game launched prematurely. I expected that it would. So now what? Just complain? Ugh.

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 5:30pm by Llester
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#25 Aug 24 2013 at 3:27 PM Rating: Excellent
*
88 posts
SimonLeonhart wrote:
I love this game so much, easily my favourite MMO ever made.... when it works....

I know this is temporary and before launch date too, and square will fix it.....

But for the last 3 hours I haven't been able to use the duty finder at all, no dungeons, behests, not even instances in quests......

Not only that but for the last 3 hours I haven't been able to teleport, zone, I am unable to attack ANYTHING - not a single random monster.....

The only thing I have been able to do for the last 3 hours..... is walk around western la noscea and enjoy the scenery......

Sigh.....

When is this game getting fixed?




Totally agree, unfortunately this is quite common with mmorpg's when they first start. Give it some time and you'll be able to enjoy the game in its entirety.

I agree with the whole "when it works" part, and share the sentiment.

#26 Aug 24 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
530 posts
You can try to look at it from a more positive angle. Think of it like this, there is a huge demand for the product and everyone is excited to jump in, which is overloading the servers because this wasn't expected, or exceeded everyone's expectations exponentially.

As with a very large percentage of online games, launch day is filled with bugs and issues.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)