Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

90000 and 3102 are not going away.Follow

#1 Aug 24 2013 at 2:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Code 90000 = Lost connection with host.

Code 3102 = Account flagged as logged in at this data center.

These are normal error codes for any game (albeit on different numbers) 90000 literally is Diablo III's error 37.

Unless SE changes or removes the name for these codes, even after the game is addressed, you will encounter these.

Right now is launch stress. Everyone interested in the game is in a 'new game' craze and will be taxing the servers well beyond capasity.

This will be felt most keenly in the instance and transition servers, because they are bearing the full load of the entirety of the Data Center. The fact that this is happening in the EU/NA Data center is likely an infrastructure or hardware problem, not a software problem - which means this likely isn't a simple 'patch the game' solution.

All I can recommend for you guys is patience. I know it is a disappointment and many of you are very upset - bit as many have said, these sort of things are typical during the launch of an online games.

But none of this has a relation to the game itself, which should be where you are to take your judgement. Wait for the smoke to clear and play the game, then critique the game as you see fit.

Technical problems will be solved. It is design problems that may or may not change. That is where you should focus your feedback.

Thank you for your time.
#2 Aug 24 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Good
As this is the single most informative, coherent post on the current situation, I say lock all others, and sticky this ***** until issues are resolved!
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#3Killua125, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So, he's allowed to compare it to Diablo III but I'm not? Alright then.
#4 Aug 24 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
This is an objective and technical comparison to Diablo III. Error code X is the same as this other game's error code Y.

It is a fact. You cannot dispute it.

The comparison you provided in another thread was that Game X's launch is as bad as Game Y's launch, which is a subjective opinion.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#5Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:43 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Geez, I swore they said they fixed this. There is NO excuse for this. They saw this coming a mile away with the P4 debacle. The swore it was fixed. I think they lied to keep sales and interest up to avoid bad publicity.
#6 Aug 24 2013 at 2:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Killua125 wrote:
So, he's allowed to compare it to Diablo III but I'm not? Alright then.

Um, yes, because he's using it as a comparison OF THE SOURCE OF THE ERROR, not stating that the entire launch of the game is as bad as the launch of Diablo III, which is what YOUR thread is about.

Edit:
Ehllfire wrote:
Geez, I swore they said they fixed this. There is NO excuse for this. They saw this coming a mile away with the P4 debacle. The swore it was fixed. I think they lied to keep sales and interest up to avoid bad publicity.


See, here's the thing about programming: It all works until you run the program in the wild. Let me give you an example from SE themselves: The Ninjitsu tool glitch.

Basically, if you did not play FFXI, Ninjas in that game used consumable tools whenever they cast a spell. SE added an ability where, when active, the tool may not be expended when a spell is cast. They hopped on a server, tested it, and said it was good. But they didn't thoroughly test it. Instead of occasionally saving the tool, it always did. 100% of the time.

Now this was a case of inferior testing methodology. Obviously he cast each spell once and only one, or a very limited number of times, assumed that it would work, and uploaded the code. In the case of errors related to stress tests, like what happened in P4, do you know how hard that truly is to test? Sure, in a lab environment, you can stress test the code, but you cannot simulate hundreds of thousands of users on various speeds of connection at various distances simultaneously dumping info onto the servers. It's just not possible.

It did get fixed. It was working, but obviously there is still something else wrong, or the fix was only good for X amount of stress, and now it is under Y amount of stress. So now they are going back to the drawing board, trying to pin down the error, run a patch, re-test it in the lab vigorously, then re-release it if they like what they see. This is the sign of very intelligent development.

tl;dr - Be patient, programming maybe a science, but even science takes time!


Edited, Aug 24th 2013 4:51pm by Pawkeshup
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#7Killua125, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:45 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ... not really. My title says "Diablo III all over again?" and I meant it in the context that they had the same kinds of issues. The difference is that we don't know if ARR's issues will last as long as Diablo III's.
#8Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:45 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Wasn't that error why D3 launch was a fail?
#9 Aug 24 2013 at 2:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
126 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Code 90000 = Lost connection with host.

Code 3102 = Account flagged as logged in at this data center.

These are normal error codes for any game (albeit on different numbers) 90000 literally is Diablo III's error 37.

Unless SE changes or removes the name for these codes, even after the game is addressed, you will encounter these.

Right now is launch stress. Everyone interested in the game is in a 'new game' craze and will be taxing the servers well beyond capasity.

This will be felt most keenly in the instance and transition servers, because they are bearing the full load of the entirety of the Data Center. The fact that this is happening in the EU/NA Data center is likely an infrastructure or hardware problem, not a software problem - which means this likely isn't a simple 'patch the game' solution.

All I can recommend for you guys is patience. I know it is a disappointment and many of you are very upset - bit as many have said, these sort of things are typical during the launch of an online games.

But none of this has a relation to the game itself, which should be where you are to take your judgement. Wait for the smoke to clear and play the game, then critique the game as you see fit.

Technical problems will be solved. It is design problems that may or may not change. That is where you should focus your feedback.

Thank you for your time.


I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just keep telling the people who are furious almost exactly what you posted here and to just hang in there. I think that SE is handling it properly.

The only thing I'm a little sad about is money put into pre-ordering and not being able to play like me and my group want to, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum or bad mouth SE because I understand marketing, sales, and how game launches are so please don't put me down because I am saying I'm a little sad about it. I understand it is what it is.

I am being patient and I hope everyone else can be as well. :)
____________________________
˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ

Amanda ♥ CST ♥
FFXIV: ♥ Torokeru Senjo ♥ Malboro ♥ Miqo'te ♥ Aspiring Scholar

˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ
#10Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 2:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) They had a whole week plus 2/3rds the beta to fix this. Defending them is unacceptable. They LIED when they said it was fixed.
#11 Aug 24 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Ehllfire wrote:
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
So, he's allowed to compare it to Diablo III but I'm not? Alright then.

Um, yes, because he's using it as a comparison OF THE SOURCE OF THE ERROR, not stating that the entire launch of the game is as bad as the launch of Diablo III, which is what YOUR thread is about.

Wasn't that error why D3 launch was a fail?


No, actually it's a lot more complicated than that. The error was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Those not interested, just skip.

OK sooooooooooooo Diablo I and II both featured an offline mode. However, the other thing they both featured was a vibrant and resourceful modding community. Anyone who knows the term Bobafet Trainer knows what I mean. So when Diablo III was launched, it was being launched with two new, distinct features. The first was a real-money trade auction house, the first time a major studio was allowing you to sell virtual shinies for real life monies. The second was a way to make it very, very hard to scam the auction house (supposedly), the single player experience would be walled off behind the same online server the multiplayer component used. So that meant that even if you only ever played single player, you were screwed. It also acted as a back-door style DRM client, ensuring that pirated copies couldn't access the single-player server.

So, when millions of people bought this game, for several days (I don't have an exact figure but it was quite a while) the game, both single player and online, were mostly unavailable. And keep in mind, the multiplayer is done via matchmaking, not a persistent world, Battle.net is only a matchmaking server. Literally, the only thing you do is chat, then you go and play 4 (I think it's still just 4) players at a time, connected directly.

In the end, the source of the endless rage was basically taking a game that used to work one way, and totally altering it so that Blizzard could cram in a recurring revenue source via the auction house and force DRM too.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#12 Aug 24 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Excellent
**
659 posts
Anyone getting error 10102?
____________________________
Aggieland -> "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside out, you can't explain it."

Final Fantasy XIV: Neithan Turambar, Cactuar Server
Guild Wars 2: Level 80 Guardian Neithan Turambar Jade Quarry Server
WoW: Lvl 85 Shaman Friewyn Black Dragonflight Server (retired)
FFXI: Lvl 75 Dark Knight Neithan (retired many years ago)
LotRO: Lvl 30 Maethros (retired)
#13 Aug 24 2013 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
NeithanTheWronged wrote:
Anyone getting error 10102?


Yeah... coming back out of the MRD instance... crashed 90k and now every time I tried to log back, I get that. Time for a beer run I guess.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#14 Aug 24 2013 at 3:02 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
NeithanTheWronged wrote:
Anyone getting error 10102?


Yup.
#15 Aug 24 2013 at 3:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
126 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
torokerusenjo wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
Code 90000 = Lost connection with host.

Code 3102 = Account flagged as logged in at this data center.

These are normal error codes for any game (albeit on different numbers) 90000 literally is Diablo III's error 37.

Unless SE changes or removes the name for these codes, even after the game is addressed, you will encounter these.

Right now is launch stress. Everyone interested in the game is in a 'new game' craze and will be taxing the servers well beyond capasity.

This will be felt most keenly in the instance and transition servers, because they are bearing the full load of the entirety of the Data Center. The fact that this is happening in the EU/NA Data center is likely an infrastructure or hardware problem, not a software problem - which means this likely isn't a simple 'patch the game' solution.

All I can recommend for you guys is patience. I know it is a disappointment and many of you are very upset - bit as many have said, these sort of things are typical during the launch of an online games.

But none of this has a relation to the game itself, which should be where you are to take your judgement. Wait for the smoke to clear and play the game, then critique the game as you see fit.

Technical problems will be solved. It is design problems that may or may not change. That is where you should focus your feedback.

Thank you for your time.


I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just keep telling the people who are furious almost exactly what you posted here and to just hang in there. I think that SE is handling it properly.

The only thing I'm a little sad about is money put into pre-ordering and not being able to play like me and my group want to, but I'm not going to throw a tantrum or bad mouth SE because I understand marketing, sales, and how game launches are so please don't put me down because I am saying I'm a little sad about it. I understand it is what it is.

I am being patient and I hope everyone else can be as well. :)

They had a whole week plus 2/3rds the beta to fix this. Defending them is unacceptable. They LIED when they said it was fixed.


I'm not going to argue with you, so if that is what you are looking for, I am the wrong person to do it with. I respect your opinion.

I will let you know that my career consists of me repairing and troubleshooting computers. I can spend all of my energy and time devoted to fixing a customer's issue, test things, give them back their computer, and something else still possibly go wrong.

I have worked on networks for cell phone companies and I can fix this, do that, replace this.. and everything work perfectly and something else still go wrong. It is part of technology. Sometimes you have to fail a few times, sometimes even a lot before you find the root cause of the issue so that you are actually fixing the right problem.

So no, I don't think SE purposefully lied to anyone. You can hand me your laptop that won't turn on and I can fix it and get it turned back on again, tell you it is fixed because everything is working, but if it won't turn on again a little bit later.. it is not because I didn't do my job. It is because something else was wrong that didn't present itself at the time.
____________________________
˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ

Amanda ♥ CST ♥
FFXIV: ♥ Torokeru Senjo ♥ Malboro ♥ Miqo'te ♥ Aspiring Scholar

˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ
#16 Aug 24 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
*
229 posts
Keep getting error 10102 as well.. -.- ...Starting to **** me off lol.. Will I ever get passed level 20!?
____________________________
[IMG]http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/anime_avatar_01.gif[/IMG]
#17 Aug 24 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
246 posts
I must have crashed to windows 30x today. I am getting both 90000 and 10102 errors, and now no NA/EU worlds. I take that as a sign that they at least have to work on it?

The random crashes to windows has been more bothersome, because it ruins the flow. Every time FFXIV crashes, I have to relogin and then hope I am not placed in a queue or don't get a login error or no NA/EU worlds available. Out of the past 12 hours, I think I have been able to play about 5.
#18 Aug 24 2013 at 3:15 PM Rating: Default
**
952 posts
Someone spilled the kool aid again. Shouldn't have bought those servers at the garage sale down the road.
#19 Aug 24 2013 at 3:17 PM Rating: Excellent
*
176 posts
I can't help but snicker and think of the "Blame Canada" song.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#20 Aug 24 2013 at 3:17 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
Getting error 10102 or 9000 when I try to log in
____________________________
BANNED
#21 Aug 24 2013 at 3:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
CupDeNoodles wrote:
Someone spilled the kool aid again. Shouldn't have bought those servers at the garage sale down the road.


Lol, i've sort of been thinking the same thing since we ran into this during P4. I'd wager they skimped a bit on their servers after pouring so much cash into actual development, but that's just conjecture. XD
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#22 Aug 24 2013 at 3:29 PM Rating: Excellent
**
952 posts
Quote:

[NA] Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24): Follow-up 2

The following is the current situation regarding the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

After investigating the issue, we have identified that the following issues are currently occurring.

- Regarding the server in charge of connecting players to the instances.
We have confirmed an issue with the server in charge of connecting players to the instances. An overload on the servers caused a significant drop in performance. Therefore, we are currently making preparations to further optimizing the server. We currently estimate the operation to take about 30 minutes.

Fortunately, this process can be done without any sort of maintenance. We will be able to verify the performance of the server immediately after the optimization process is completed.

- Regarding the error 90000
We have confirmed an issue with the character data for certain players. These players currently will receive the error 90000 and not be able to access any instances.

We have been able to identify the cause of the issue, but the issue will require maintenance to address.

We plan on conducting emergency maintenance as soon as we complete the optimization process stated above.

We are currently concentrating all of our efforts to address this issue, so we appreciate your continued patience while we work to address this matter.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.



Kool aid, Kool aid EVERYWHERE...

Edited, Aug 24th 2013 5:31pm by CupDeNoodles
#23 Aug 24 2013 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
I tried to get to the upper level of Limsa Lomansa and got booted out. Now I keep getting error 10102 :(
#24 Aug 24 2013 at 3:56 PM Rating: Decent
**
952 posts
Quote:

[NA] Several Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 24)

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

As we previously announced on the “Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24)” announcement, we will be conducting maintenance to address the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

While we previously stated that we will be optimizing the servers prior to the emergency maintenance, we will require additional time to also implement counter measures to decrease the load on the servers.

While we estimate the time frame of the maintenance to be around two and a half hours, we will do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 24, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
North American/European Data Center Worlds
- Adamantoise
- Balmung
- Behemoth
- Cactuar
- Cerberus
- Coeurl
- Diabolos
- Excalibur
- Exodus
- Faerie
- Gilgamesh
- Goblin
- Hyperion
- Lamia
- Leviathan
- Malboro
- Midgardsormr
- Moogle
- Odin
- Phoenix
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Shiva
- Siren
- Ultros

#25 Aug 24 2013 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
They spilled the kool-aid on the servers and the failovers had the old code because they forgot to implement the changes from this morning! You guys are brilliant! Smiley: laugh

We're not drinking kool-aid, we're drinking beer.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#26 Aug 24 2013 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
torokerusenjo wrote:


I will let you know that my career consists of me repairing and troubleshooting computers. I can spend all of my energy and time devoted to fixing a customer's issue, test things, give them back their computer, and something else still possibly go wrong.

I have worked on networks for cell phone companies and I can fix this, do that, replace this.. and everything work perfectly and something else still go wrong. It is part of technology. Sometimes you have to fail a few times, sometimes even a lot before you find the root cause of the issue so that you are actually fixing the right problem.

So no, I don't think SE purposefully lied to anyone. You can hand me your laptop that won't turn on and I can fix it and get it turned back on again, tell you it is fixed because everything is working, but if it won't turn on again a little bit later.. it is not because I didn't do my job. It is because something else was wrong that didn't present itself at the time.


As someone who also works in the IT field, I completely agree with your post. I don't think most people understand that it's virtually impossible to find these glitches unless the server is loaded. Some might argue that Phase 4 should of lasted longer and while that's a valid argument, it wasn't in the cards. Other than that, I don't see anything including delaying the game that would of fixed these error codes. SE is doing a wonderful job keeping us informed and I agree with Hyrist that these technical issues will be fixed.... soon. I'm confident SE will resolve these all these technical issues within the next few days.
#27 Aug 24 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
Also, as for having a longer Phase 4 beta, there is a rather massive issue with that: Namely all those shipments of pre-order disks likely already loaded and being shipped out. If this were download only, pushing back the release would have simply meant not turning on the open downloads or issuing keys openly. Soon, FFXIV will be sitting on shelves at retailers globally, and holding that off means either forcing retailers to sequester copies at their storage cost, selling copies of a totally non-working game, or worse case, recalling all of it and reshipping it at massive cost.

The reality is that launch is just too close. If this had happened in P3, pushing launch would be easy. The product would still be in SE's hands, and they just call and resend the ship orders, pay whatever penalty for short-notice cancellation, and replan the launch. It didn't. So here we are.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 58 All times are in CST
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (57)