Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

This is Early AccessFollow

#27 Aug 25 2013 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
Ehllfire wrote:
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Because I'm becoming increasing tired of the first page filling up with complete and utter garbage whining and bickering about this not being Early Access or that things are broken, I thought I'd substantiate the claim that this is, indeed, early access.

This is early access because the official launch date is the 27th, substantiated here and here. To the naysayers that claim that this is launch, I'd like to remind them that, again, launch is the 27th. Today is the 25th. Therefore, those that have the privilege of Early Access because they preordered the game or paid for 3 months during the 1.0 days ARE segregated from the rest of the population. Since it's BEFORE the 27th, this is considered Early Access.

Now, about the issues. EVERY MMO has had issues. EVEN RIFT. Please refer to this post for more details.

Pawkeshup wrote:
So, what, pray tell, are you asking for? @#%^ing magic? Writing code takes time. Testing takes time. Rigging up servers, installing programs, routing... all take time. You obviously have no ******* clue how the magic box you sit at works, but there are not fanciful little leprechauns running about, passing your "bits" and "bytes" around, and painting the pretty pictures that make you able to see these words on your screen.

sh*t happened. Stuff broke. Reality exceeded prediction. This is normal, and when it's done, no one will give two @#%^s. Losing your tiny little mind will change absolutely none of this, and just makes you look spastic and retarded. So, do yourself a favour: Shut down your PC, turn off your console, and exit your home. It's likely a lovely day outside, and the fresh air and perspective will do you good.


Edited, Aug 25th 2013 1:32pm by darexius2010

You could always leave this forum if you don't like seeing LEGITIMATE complaints.


In my experience with you, nothing coming out of your mouth is legitimate.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#28 Aug 25 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
482 posts
Man, am I glad I didn't pre-order the game now :P
____________________________
Kuyo - Hume Male - Pandemonium server (Retired)
75 Monk, 75 Samurai
#29 Aug 25 2013 at 1:22 PM Rating: Decent
6 posts
Think about this. When it was beta and this was happening everyone was all like "Man it's beta"... Now it is happening again and "Man it's early access".. so if this happens when the game launches will it be "Man it's like the first week"? See where I am going with this? Bottom line is SE said the game will be ready right here right now, and it's not.
#30 Aug 25 2013 at 1:31 PM Rating: Excellent
**
372 posts
Praviux wrote:
Think about this. When it was beta and this was happening everyone was all like "Man it's beta"... Now it is happening again and "Man it's early access".. so if this happens when the game launches will it be "Man it's like the first week"? See where I am going with this? Bottom line is SE said the game will be ready right here right now, and it's not.


I agree but its pointless to make thread after thread about it, SE screwed up and until they fix it you can either wait or find something else to do, also JP servers are up and you can find oceanic players who speak English and in fact the JP servers run much better then the NA do.
____________________________
Allena 99 WHM/ BST
#31 Aug 25 2013 at 1:37 PM Rating: Decent
28 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Because I'm becoming increasing tired of the first page filling up with complete and utter garbage whining and bickering about this not being Early Access or that things are broken, I thought I'd substantiate the claim that this is, indeed, early access.

This is early access because the official launch date is the 27th, substantiated here and here. To the naysayers that claim that this is launch, I'd like to remind them that, again, launch is the 27th. Today is the 25th. Therefore, those that have the privilege of Early Access because they preordered the game or paid for 3 months during the 1.0 days ARE segregated from the rest of the population. Since it's BEFORE the 27th, this is considered Early Access.

Now, about the issues. EVERY MMO has had issues. EVEN RIFT. Please refer to this post for more details.

Pawkeshup wrote:
So, what, pray tell, are you asking for? @#%^ing magic? Writing code takes time. Testing takes time. Rigging up servers, installing programs, routing... all take time. You obviously have no ******* clue how the magic box you sit at works, but there are not fanciful little leprechauns running about, passing your "bits" and "bytes" around, and painting the pretty pictures that make you able to see these words on your screen.

sh*t happened. Stuff broke. Reality exceeded prediction. This is normal, and when it's done, no one will give two @#%^s. Losing your tiny little mind will change absolutely none of this, and just makes you look spastic and retarded. So, do yourself a favour: Shut down your PC, turn off your console, and exit your home. It's likely a lovely day outside, and the fresh air and perspective will do you good.


Thayos wrote:
Yeah, so...

Some people really need to chill out!

Look, I pretty much planned on doing nothing this weekend except playing FFXIV... just like all y'all. Unfortunately, though, a newly launching MMO had problems (GASP!). So, I couldn't just sit in one place and punch buttons all weekend.

You know what I did instead?

I barbecued... I watched a movie with my wife... we made a rare DQ run and got blizzards... I did a little extra work... did some laundry... played with the cats... talked to some family... shot the breeze with my neighbor... and, amid all of that, still spent plenty of time in FFXIV.

This morning, I saw there was more maintenance coming, so I didn't even try to log in. Instead, I went to the gym, swam for 35 minutes, got a nice cup of coffee and took my time driving back home.

Here's what I didn't do:

I didn't get mad or angry. I didn't pound my keyboard. I didn't write up imaginary class-action lawsuits. I didn't spew ignorant, condescending remarks toward a development team (and company) that dove into red ink just to please us.

It's OK to be bummed about this, but anyone who is seriously angry about this needs to step back. There's no good reason to have so much negative energy over incredibly short-term MMO server outages. Seriously... take a breather. Most of us (I think) are adults, and we're immersed each day in real problems with real consequences. Don't let something that's ultimately fun and meaningless become so serious that it makes you anxious or stressed out.

Just... relax.


Edited, Aug 25th 2013 1:32pm by darexius2010

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 2:20pm by darexius2010


Im tired of people like you that get on their high horse and have the nerve to tell us what we should feel.
Anyone who paid for this game should be able to play it had SE stated it was not going to work I would not of paid for it.
As it stands if this is not working come launch day I can see it going the way of the dodo just like last time.

This is not SE's first game let alone MMO they should know what they are doing by now I really hope some peeps get fired over this mess the way it is now its going to die a death just like the last time if its not sorted by launch day
#32 Aug 25 2013 at 1:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
170 posts
I hope they fix it. Yet I can see why people are mad though. I am doing my best to not get frustrated because this weekend was planned accordingly so I can play FFXIV for the majority of it. Now that I can't play I am sitting here running through the forums. But words saying this broken and I want fix now won't work. All we can do is wait.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#33 Aug 25 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
751 posts
I logged in for Beta 4, and was unable (for most of the weekend) to access JPN data servers and therefore was unable to play my legacy character which I spent 2 years levelling and one year waiting to play again. No worries thought I, I rolled a new character on a US server (Ultros) and played a new character to experience the low level content.

Then, having really enjoyed my new character, I decide to play it during early access (and probably beyond depending on community) but during release there have been several times I couldn't access US servers, so I logged on as my legacy character and played a bit there until it was late night in the US when I could then get back onto Ultros to continue.

The point I am making is that there are options to enable you to play the game. Yes, I know its frustrating, yes, I know SE have screwed up (to some extent) but I would far rather the game was so massively over-subscribed as to have these issues than passed by without anyone caring.

Now - for a reality check and I know people chant it like a mantra but release of MMO's is always like this. The issue is around simultaneous logins. I'm pretty sure Blizzard once said that on average only around 20% of people registered to play on a world are ever on at one time. This means that you allow 4-5 times the number of characters your server can handle. Problem with this is that on release, you get 80-90% of people all trying to play at once (made up statistic) and so there are issues.

Be pleased the game is so popular, rant on the forums, but please if you enjoy the game - don't rage quit. The servers will need you in a few weeks time when it all calms down those of us committed to the game will need you to smash up some primals with us.
____________________________
FFXIV: Crafty Hallie, Ultros




[ffxivsig]1789759[/ffxivsig]
#34 Aug 25 2013 at 3:02 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
BlueLand wrote:
Praviux wrote:
Think about this. When it was beta and this was happening everyone was all like "Man it's beta"... Now it is happening again and "Man it's early access".. so if this happens when the game launches will it be "Man it's like the first week"? See where I am going with this? Bottom line is SE said the game will be ready right here right now, and it's not.


I agree but its pointless to make thread after thread about it, SE screwed up and until they fix it you can either wait or find something else to do, also JP servers are up and you can find oceanic players who speak English and in fact the JP servers run much better then the NA do.

Play on JP server is the single most retarded statement ever, some of us (well a lot) have time invested in characters already. What you suggest is just assinine
____________________________
BANNED
#35 Aug 25 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Default
It doesn't matter if it is called early access or called launch; they are for the same thing. SE was giving out early access to the actual game, not an incomplete or testing version of the game. That would then warrant they were able to provide a complete version of the game to those that met the early access requirements. This was not supposed to be a beta test or anything less then a full and complete working game. SE has missed the mark by far. They are, and should be, on a very short leash due to their history. This is the 3rd time they have released an MMO that past knowledge should have provided some better insight into a cleaner game; not make their game even more buggy than others.

On a side note I have never understood this argument of oh well others had issues so everyone should. Why are the customers so wrong to demand that these companies be proactive and release games and servers that are in full working order?
#36 Aug 25 2013 at 3:16 PM Rating: Good
**
329 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
BlueLand wrote:
Praviux wrote:
Think about this. When it was beta and this was happening everyone was all like "Man it's beta"... Now it is happening again and "Man it's early access".. so if this happens when the game launches will it be "Man it's like the first week"? See where I am going with this? Bottom line is SE said the game will be ready right here right now, and it's not.


I agree but its pointless to make thread after thread about it, SE screwed up and until they fix it you can either wait or find something else to do, also JP servers are up and you can find oceanic players who speak English and in fact the JP servers run much better then the NA do.

Play on JP server is the single most retarded statement ever, some of us (well a lot) have time invested in characters already. What you suggest is just assinine

I tried to go to a JP server, but after being in beta since P1 I just can't bring myself to redo the starting quests again. Would rather play my 1.0 char. but unable to.

They better have this sorted out by the 27th or there will be a lot of bad press and PO'd customers. I really want this game to succeed but as it stands SE has until the 9 of september to resolve this and then win me over all over again. If I'm not able to get past the lvl 20 story line quest by official launch due to this I'm not gonna be happy.
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1793378[/ffxivsig]
#37 Aug 25 2013 at 3:19 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
marsupialboy wrote:
Ehllfire wrote:
BlueLand wrote:
Praviux wrote:
Think about this. When it was beta and this was happening everyone was all like "Man it's beta"... Now it is happening again and "Man it's early access".. so if this happens when the game launches will it be "Man it's like the first week"? See where I am going with this? Bottom line is SE said the game will be ready right here right now, and it's not.


I agree but its pointless to make thread after thread about it, SE screwed up and until they fix it you can either wait or find something else to do, also JP servers are up and you can find oceanic players who speak English and in fact the JP servers run much better then the NA do.

Play on JP server is the single most retarded statement ever, some of us (well a lot) have time invested in characters already. What you suggest is just assinine

I tried to go to a JP server, but after being in beta since P1 I just can't bring myself to redo the starting quests again. Would rather play my 1.0 char. but unable to.

They better have this sorted out by the 27th or there will be a lot of bad press and PO'd customers. I really want this game to succeed but as it stands SE has until the 9 of september to resolve this and then win me over all over again. If I'm not able to get past the lvl 20 story line quest by official launch due to this I'm not gonna be happy.

Bad press will already be inbound. EA is determining the reviews right now, and metacritic will be abysmal because of this.
____________________________
BANNED
#38 Aug 25 2013 at 3:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,842 posts
This is Early Access not a Beta Server Stress Test. The whole reason MMO's started early access was so they could slowly trickle people into the server and avoid these problems.. It was never meant to be a reward for preordering the game.
____________________________
FFXIV Dyvid (Awaiting 2.0)
FFXI Dyvid ~ Pandemonium (Retired)
SWTOR Dy'vid Legacy - Canderous Ordo
#39Bobbytaco, Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 3:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) This game is going to get slaughtered in reviews. People gave them another chance and they have seemingly failed, again.. First launch was awful, 2nd launch may be just as awful (lets face it the early access excuse only works for so long). SE is less then two days away from official release and i am guessing the bulk of players who are going to play on the 27th already are in the early access. Ill admit the game is a lot better. I actually enjoy it a lot, but its completely marred by the sheer amount of errors and non working components to the game. I mean you simply cannot progress in a way you want to with these errors, i cannot pursue the main quest because of the duty finder being broken and I cannot do instanced events without fear of a 90000 error. With these errors Square Enix has been leaving customers in the dark, this also never bodes well with anyone. I have kept up to date with their postings via their site/social networking/in game announcements and I still basically have no clue what is going on. The errors they said to have fixed have returned as strong as ever. It doesn't bode well for SE with a ruff launch like this, this company was already walking on egg-shells in the MMO realm given their first failure. People are going to connect the dots, (whether or not they pan out) and are going to cancel their orders and future customers they know will be advised not to buy the game. Also you cannot tell me that a few video game critics are not in early access. I sense an incoming s*** storm of bad press and alot of people saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Meaning they are not going to buy or subscribe to the game. People are going to think that Square Enix truly hasn't changed and has repackaged the same mess in a more colorful shiny wrapping paper.
#40 Aug 25 2013 at 3:39 PM Rating: Default
Bobbytaco wrote:
WALL OF TEXT


Look, if you went through the process of making an account, the least you can do is use the enter key while posting.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#41 Aug 25 2013 at 3:46 PM Rating: Default
2 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
Bobbytaco wrote:
WALL OF TEXT


Look, if you went through the process of making an account, the least you can do is use the enter key while posting.


Sorry, i didn't realize you were illiterate. Ill type something you can understand. Ill break it up into nice sections so you can decipher it bit by bit, like you like. Now while you are trying to comprehend that ill look up more puzzles for you. Maybe we can try coloring in the lines next!!!?? Ill check back in 45 minutes to clean the drool off you as you break those statements down and solve the question.

THE SCHOOL BUS IS YELLOW!

I RIDE IT!

THE STOPLIGHT IS RED

I STOP!

THE LIGHT IS GREEN I

WHAT? ANSWER HERE ____________
#42 Aug 25 2013 at 3:58 PM Rating: Decent
4 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Because I'm becoming increasing tired of the first page filling up with complete and utter garbage whining and bickering about this not being Early Access or that things are broken, I thought I'd substantiate the claim that this is, indeed, early access.

This is early access because the official launch date is the 27th, substantiated here and here. To the naysayers that claim that this is launch, I'd like to remind them that, again, launch is the 27th. Today is the 25th. Therefore, those that have the privilege of Early Access because they preordered the game or paid for 3 months during the 1.0 days ARE segregated from the rest of the population. Since it's BEFORE the 27th, this is considered Early Access.

Now, about the issues. EVERY MMO has had issues. EVEN RIFT. Please refer to this post for more details.

Pawkeshup wrote:
So, what, pray tell, are you asking for? @#%^ing magic? Writing code takes time. Testing takes time. Rigging up servers, installing programs, routing... all take time. You obviously have no ******* clue how the magic box you sit at works, but there are not fanciful little leprechauns running about, passing your "bits" and "bytes" around, and painting the pretty pictures that make you able to see these words on your screen.

sh*t happened. Stuff broke. Reality exceeded prediction. This is normal, and when it's done, no one will give two @#%^s. Losing your tiny little mind will change absolutely none of this, and just makes you look spastic and retarded. So, do yourself a favour: Shut down your PC, turn off your console, and exit your home. It's likely a lovely day outside, and the fresh air and perspective will do you good.


Thayos wrote:
Yeah, so...

Some people really need to chill out!

Look, I pretty much planned on doing nothing this weekend except playing FFXIV... just like all y'all. Unfortunately, though, a newly launching MMO had problems (GASP!). So, I couldn't just sit in one place and punch buttons all weekend.

You know what I did instead?

I barbecued... I watched a movie with my wife... we made a rare DQ run and got blizzards... I did a little extra work... did some laundry... played with the cats... talked to some family... shot the breeze with my neighbor... and, amid all of that, still spent plenty of time in FFXIV.

This morning, I saw there was more maintenance coming, so I didn't even try to log in. Instead, I went to the gym, swam for 35 minutes, got a nice cup of coffee and took my time driving back home.

Here's what I didn't do:

I didn't get mad or angry. I didn't pound my keyboard. I didn't write up imaginary class-action lawsuits. I didn't spew ignorant, condescending remarks toward a development team (and company) that dove into red ink just to please us.

It's OK to be bummed about this, but anyone who is seriously angry about this needs to step back. There's no good reason to have so much negative energy over incredibly short-term MMO server outages. Seriously... take a breather. Most of us (I think) are adults, and we're immersed each day in real problems with real consequences. Don't let something that's ultimately fun and meaningless become so serious that it makes you anxious or stressed out.

Just... relax.


Edited, Aug 25th 2013 1:32pm by darexius2010

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 2:20pm by darexius2010


You're tired of people complaining about the Early Access mess.

We're tired of 1.0 Apologist Speak. Lord knows, I suffered through plenty of that and even dished a fair bit out myself.

What about the folks who, say, had 1.0 CE yet were excluded from early access? Maybe the ones who shelled out an extra 30 bucks just for the 3 days of Early Access? You can't deny that they absolutely got the shaft. Regardless of your opinion on the matter, people are going to be angry and frustrated and used this as a platform to get their own opinions out. Just deal with it, man.

The main issue, for me, is that this game can't deal with a bad launch and hope to thrive. Many MMO gamers, love them or hate them, are fickle and will give up before they even get to the meat of the content. A bad launch will certainly encourage them to abandon the game and leave ARR in the same lurch 1.0 quickly found itself in. Due to the reputation of 1.0 as a failed venture/disaster, ARR simply can't hope to overcome the same kind of stigma with a mess like this going unfixed for long.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 5:59pm by EldrahilAgain
#43 Aug 25 2013 at 3:59 PM Rating: Decent
Notice when an issue appears, it affects all the regional servers (NA and or NA/EU) instead of just one.
My guess is that it is a combination of the Lobby, Patch, Login and Game servers as they all have to pass heavy data between them.
I hope this means they are ironing out the unanticipated bugs or optimizing whatever.
They should of tested these conditions during the beta phase although it may be a different situation now. Who knows.

What sucks is that i bought the early access deal so i could play during this weekend.
Dang, i really wanted to play today.
____________________________
One day maybe:
ShaolinGate.com
#44 Aug 25 2013 at 4:20 PM Rating: Decent
*
50 posts
I wonder what will the white knights do when 8/27/2013 is here and the game is not ready, and mark my words it won't be. There will be a lot more people logging on no matter what you say about "the hardcore fans are already on early release" no many more will try on release and the servers will fail again.
#45 Aug 25 2013 at 4:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*
149 posts
Illicious wrote:
Notice when an issue appears, it affects all the regional servers (NA and or NA/EU) instead of just one.
My guess is that it is a combination of the Lobby, Patch, Login and Game servers as they all have to pass heavy data between them.
I hope this means they are ironing out the unanticipated bugs or optimizing whatever.
They should of tested these conditions during the beta phase although it may be a different situation now. Who knows.

What sucks is that i bought the early access deal so i could play during this weekend.
Dang, i really wanted to play today.


I used to raid with an Illicious on Stormrage while I played my lock. Really good healer. Is you?
#46 Aug 25 2013 at 5:06 PM Rating: Default
*
85 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Turgis wrote:
zaarel wrote:
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Because I'm becoming increasing tired of the first page filling up with complete and utter garbage whining and bickering about this not being Early Access or that things are broken, I thought I'd substantiate the claim that this is, indeed, early access.

This is early access because the official launch date is the 27th, substantiated here and here. To the naysayers that claim that this is launch, I'd like to remind them that, again, launch is the 27th. Today is the 25th. Therefore, those that have the privilege of Early Access because they preordered the game or paid for 3 months during the 1.0 days ARE segregated from the rest of the population. Since it's BEFORE the 27th, this is considered Early Access.

Now, about the issues. EVERY MMO has had issues. EVEN RIFT. Please refer to this post for more details.


If I tell you a cow is a bird will it be able to fly?

What percentage of players do you suppose signed up for early launch as opposed to waiting for "release"? This whole thing is a common marketing tool geared around our human nature of wanting to feel special. There is another thread that explains that quite eloquently. The key point to understand is that it is a retail release. It is not beta and therefore we paid for what was to be a ready for release product. Its not, pure and simple. I will go back and check on my purchase but I am relatively certain it didn't have a disclaimer stating early access was in fact similar to an early beta phase.

If that fact doesn't bother you fantastic.


Some people are just sheep and don't realize the intricacies of marketing. But than again, that's exactly why marketing exists; to control and guide the minds of these people who don't understand.


And some people are just trolls -- Too bad there's no direct way to stamp them out.


Darexius I am no troll. I don't post things just to stir trouble. I have a solid reputation on at least 6 different MMO's. When the game is ticking smoothly I will still be posting my thoughts and comments. Hopefully at that point there is positive momentum. The game has a lot of potential and I want to play a well run sub game. I am not a fan of the F2P models.
#47 Aug 25 2013 at 5:41 PM Rating: Decent
If the game launches and has bugs, then the game launches and has bugs. Big deal. A year from now there's going to be bugs. FFXI has bugs. Look how old it is.

Today at work (AMEX) our authorization server failed. We are one of the largest credit card authorization processors worldwide, if not the largest worldwide. When I left we had been down for 3 hours. We process many many millions if not billions of transactions an hour. EVERY American Express card was unusable, with a primary client base of high end multi million dollar businesses. I myself work as a Business Financial Consultant.

Do you know how many clients I speak with a day? Roughly 170 on a daily average. My team handles roughly 840 a day on average. My business group handles over 10k clients daily. That's a lot of people, and that's just one of several business groups on a single shift.

Out of all of my contacts I received 3 nasty calls. My team received 8 total. As a business group we received 91 nasty calls. These are people spending tens of thousands every day for their business. It is their life's blood and they have to be functioning at all times. Yet we only received a handful of bad comments about one of the largest processors being down.

So, pray tell, how does a $30 game, a game that you didn't pay extra for early access for, a game that would have been $30 whether you pre-ordered it or not, can have so many more complainers about something that isn't even a requirement in life, something that is purely for entertainment, and in no way affects whether you survive or not, yet has so many more quacking hens than a massive financial entity when it fails causing havoc and mayhem?

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 7:43pm by darexius2010
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#48 Aug 25 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
Bobbytaco wrote:
This game is going to get slaughtered in reviews. People gave them another chance and they have seemingly failed, again.. First launch was awful, 2nd launch may be just as awful (lets face it the early access excuse only works for so long). SE is less then two days away from official release and i am guessing the bulk of players who are going to play on the 27th already are in the early access. Ill admit the game is a lot better. I actually enjoy it a lot, but its completely marred by the sheer amount of errors and non working components to the game. I mean you simply cannot progress in a way you want to with these errors, i cannot pursue the main quest because of the duty finder being broken and I cannot do instanced events without fear of a 90000 error. With these errors Square Enix has been leaving customers in the dark, this also never bodes well with anyone. I have kept up to date with their postings via their site/social networking/in game announcements and I still basically have no clue what is going on. The errors they said to have fixed have returned as strong as ever. It doesn't bode well for SE with a ruff launch like this, this company was already walking on egg-shells in the MMO realm given their first failure. People are going to connect the dots, (whether or not they pan out) and are going to cancel their orders and future customers they know will be advised not to buy the game. Also you cannot tell me that a few video game critics are not in early access. I sense an incoming s*** storm of bad press and alot of people saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Meaning they are not going to buy or subscribe to the game. People are going to think that Square Enix truly hasn't changed and has repackaged the same mess in a more colorful shiny wrapping paper.


If I were one of the developers, designers, writers...I would be so ****** right now. All that hard work and going cheap on the hardware....not like SE didn't expect this or have enough $$.

As much as I hate to say this, I think 27th will be worse. They can barely tread water right now. I expect problems like this for weeks, maybe a month. Nothing to back that up really, it's just what I expect based on what I've seen so far.

Sucks....just want to play the game I paid for. I fully expected and trusted the game would be working at this point....otherwise I wouldn't have ordered it early.
____________________________
FFXIV
Deadpool Xrage (Ultros)
Eriston Xrage (Ultros)

FFXI
Eriston
Siren - 75Bst/75Whm/75Rng (Retired June 2010)


Gone surfin'
#49 Aug 25 2013 at 5:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
25 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
Things are broken though... Which is all that matters. Don't know why you are getting mad at what doesn't matter.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 12:33pm by Mopdaddy


And again, nothing is ever perfect at launch. Not one person can name an MMO with a perfect launch. Why is this one so different?

It isn't.


True no game is perfect at launch, but for those MMOs (the ones I've played anyways) that promise early access to their game, I can actually access it. Why promise early access to consumers if all they really get is another beta testing experience (not even that because you actually got to play during beta)? I rather have a delayed game with minimal problems than an empty promise full of disappointments.
#50 Aug 25 2013 at 5:55 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
181 posts
not to sound like a **** but none of the crying i hear from people make since. last i checked EA was free. i pre-ordered this game from gamestop got in on EA if i cancel or move my pre-order to something else i can still play EA and still not have lost anything. and truth be told even with all the down time i still got a lot of playing time in and have loved what i have played so far. i just think people love to complain for the **** of it.
#51 Aug 25 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,150 posts
BoxOfPocky wrote:
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Mopdaddy wrote:
Things are broken though... Which is all that matters. Don't know why you are getting mad at what doesn't matter.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 12:33pm by Mopdaddy


And again, nothing is ever perfect at launch. Not one person can name an MMO with a perfect launch. Why is this one so different?

It isn't.


True no game is perfect at launch, but for those MMOs (the ones I've played anyways) that promise early access to their game, I can actually access it. Why promise early access to consumers if all they really get is another beta testing experience (not even that because you actually got to play during beta)? I rather have a delayed game with minimal problems than an empty promise full of disappointments.


I actually pre-ordered after trying the beta. There were a few bugs, but the game was still playable and fun. Nothing like this...I know it will be fixed...eventually, but people can't help but feel sort of swindled right now.
____________________________
FFXIV
Deadpool Xrage (Ultros)
Eriston Xrage (Ultros)

FFXI
Eriston
Siren - 75Bst/75Whm/75Rng (Retired June 2010)


Gone surfin'
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 98 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (98)