Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

I for one am glad Follow

#1 Aug 25 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
That people are being a bunch of whiney babies and quitting because of the past 2 days.

Because I for one don't want to be playing with these kids at endgame.

So rage quit, I encourage it. Less ******* for us to deal with.

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 2:27pm by Fleven Lock Thread: Play nicely or not at all.
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#2 Aug 25 2013 at 6:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
Scary things is they will be back once all this **** gets fixed... kinda like, um, never mind...

BTW, SF game just started... .
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#3 Aug 25 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
364 posts
I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 5:15pm by Rozvara
#4 Aug 25 2013 at 6:15 PM Rating: Good
*
85 posts
Betabronx wrote:
That people are being a bunch of whiney babies and quitting because of the past 2 days.

Because I for one don't want to be playing with these kids at endgame.

So rage quit, I encourage it. Less bulsh*t for us to deal with.


LOL yes that has to be it. We are all whiny babies. Whiny babies that paid to play and thus far all weekend I have managed to get about 30 minutes in. Many of us whining aren't kids. Some of us are busy professionals with families and careers that planned some time around this early access we PAID for. If you are happy with the service you are getting that is just fantastic. You can save your condescending name calling and assumptions for someone that gives a crap what you say.
#5 Aug 25 2013 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. **** happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#6 Aug 25 2013 at 6:33 PM Rating: Good
*
58 posts
LOL apperently you guys don't value your weekends. I turned down a camping trip so i can play this game, because im an advid FF fan. No camping or game playing. Of course I'm irritated. I'm only human, and so are the others that are upset. On the bright side, i got to play with myself all weekend locked up in my apt with nothing to do.
#7 Aug 25 2013 at 6:33 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#8 Aug 25 2013 at 6:35 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#9 Aug 25 2013 at 6:36 PM Rating: Excellent
*
58 posts
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?

Really did they say it was gonna be fixed in a few hours? please show me the quote. It's the uncertainty that is killing us. HUMANS ARE CURIOUS.
#10 Aug 25 2013 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
*
62 posts
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....


This guy knows!
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#11 Aug 25 2013 at 6:37 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
296 posts
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....


Sickie. I got 18 in today. How'd you shoot?
____________________________
~for the night is dark and full of terrors~

Valar Morghulis of Goblin
CJR 21



--FF XI--
Finrod of Sylph (RETIRED)
MNK 68
WAR 37 / THF 37 / DNC 37 / SAM 20 / WHM 20 / BLM 15

#12 Aug 25 2013 at 6:38 PM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
supernokes wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?

Really did they say it was gonna be fixed in a few hours? please show me the quote. It's the uncertainty that is killing us. HUMANS ARE CURIOUS.


I was speaking in general terms rather than in response to a timeline.



Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:39pm by Betabronx
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#13 Aug 25 2013 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
TheOneFin wrote:
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....


Sickie. I got 18 in today. How'd you shoot?


82 then 76 lol... Believe it or not haha... We drank more second 18 and I shot waaaay better... Think I must have forgot about this 'situation' by then ;)... kinda how I'm watching football and drinking now...

____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#14 Aug 25 2013 at 6:43 PM Rating: Good
*
85 posts
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.

#15 Aug 25 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


Your posts continue to amaze me. Do you place no value on being a customer? Do you have no expectations related to your expenditures? Do you really believe we should all be so thankful that the mighty gods of MMO decided to allow us to maybe play the game? You are a literal dream client for anyone selling based on your low expectations.
#16 Aug 25 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
296 posts
chomama wrote:
TheOneFin wrote:
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....


Sickie. I got 18 in today. How'd you shoot?


82 then 76 lol... Believe it or not haha... We drank more second 18 and I shot waaaay better... Think I must have forgot about this 'situation' by then ;)... kinda how I'm watching football and drinking now...



**** son - you must've been putting like a boss. 95 for me (and I was pumped about that).

Day of Golf > ARR Drama > Eating Tinfoil > Work

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by TheOneFin
____________________________
~for the night is dark and full of terrors~

Valar Morghulis of Goblin
CJR 21



--FF XI--
Finrod of Sylph (RETIRED)
MNK 68
WAR 37 / THF 37 / DNC 37 / SAM 20 / WHM 20 / BLM 15

#17 Aug 25 2013 at 6:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
311 posts
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


You really are approaching this issue in the worst way possible, ya know?

Just what kind of responses were you hoping to get with posts like that? Sounds to me like you're just trying to start a fight with people that are already ****** off.

Nothing constructive could have come from this thread.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by Teracide
____________________________
FFXIV: Raxion Gunsoul - Brynhildr - 50PLD 50SMN 50SCH 50DRG
WoW: Raxion - Greymane- 90 Druid
FFXI: Nion - Asura - 99 BLU, PUP, SMN, DRG, PLD 50+ DNC, NIN, MNK, THF, WHM, SAM, WAR
#18 Aug 25 2013 at 6:49 PM Rating: Excellent
*
149 posts
TheOneFin wrote:
chomama wrote:
TheOneFin wrote:
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....


Sickie. I got 18 in today. How'd you shoot?


82 then 76 lol... Believe it or not haha... We drank more second 18 and I shot waaaay better... Think I must have forgot about this 'situation' by then ;)... kinda how I'm watching football and drinking now...



**** son - you must've been putting like a boss. 95 for me (and I was pumped about that).

Day of Golf > ARR Drama > Eating Tinfoil > Work

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by TheOneFin


****, I'm just happy to hit below 100. I got a birdie once! It was exciting!!
#19 Aug 25 2013 at 6:49 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



Sorry then. In that case, all I can say is that I paid for the game. Early Access was just a bonus. But I also know that it's not gonna be perfect when it releases. Even after beta, all games have thier kinks. Now, if this went on and on and oooon. Then I'll have a problem. But two days of a bonus from ordering early when the game has the potentual of a long lifespan; it's not going to kill me.

I think I need to thank FFXI for my paitence.

**** you Nidhogg
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#20 Aug 25 2013 at 6:49 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
296 posts
Teracide wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


You really are approaching this issue in the worst way possible, ya know?

Just what kind of responses were you hoping to get with posts like that? Sounds to me like you're just trying to start a fight with people that are already ****** off.

Nothing constructive could have come from this thread.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by Teracide


I beg to differ. A conversation about golf got started... I see your point though.
____________________________
~for the night is dark and full of terrors~

Valar Morghulis of Goblin
CJR 21



--FF XI--
Finrod of Sylph (RETIRED)
MNK 68
WAR 37 / THF 37 / DNC 37 / SAM 20 / WHM 20 / BLM 15

#21 Aug 25 2013 at 6:50 PM Rating: Excellent
*
58 posts
Teracide wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


You really are approaching this issue in the worst way possible, ya know?

Just what kind of responses were you hoping to get with posts like that? Sounds to me like you're just trying to start a fight with people that are already ****** off.

Nothing constructive could have come from this thread.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by Teracide

Seriously he sounds like my step father that took by game boy away from me, because he enjoyed watching a straight A student suffer.
#22 Aug 25 2013 at 6:51 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
Teracide wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


You really are approaching this issue in the worst way possible, ya know?

Just what kind of responses were you hoping to get with posts like that? Sounds to me like you're just trying to start a fight with people that are already ****** off.

Nothing constructive could have come from this thread.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by Teracide


Oh no. I was aware. You get in front of an angry mob and tell them to relax.....yeah....bad idea.
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#23 Aug 25 2013 at 6:52 PM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
Betabronx wrote:
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



Sorry then. In that case, all I can say is that I paid for the game. Early Access was just a bonus. But I also know that it's not gonna be perfect when it releases. Even after beta, all games have thier kinks. Now, if this went on and on and oooon. Then I'll have a problem. But two days of a bonus from ordering early when the game has the potentual of a long lifespan; it's not going to kill me.

I think I need to thank FFXI for my paitence.

**** you Nidhogg


LOL well if it was anything like this and you came back then it must be good! That will give me something to cling to until I can play I suppose. I can say patience isn't one of my virtues so there is likely a halfway point of reality between you and I :) Sorry if I came off as an a$$ I am just frustrated as my wife actually gave me the night to play lol.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:53pm by zaarel
#24 Aug 25 2013 at 6:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
530 posts
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



How exactly did you pay for early access, if anything EA would have been free play time, hence a credit if you will. Early access is just a perk for preordering a copy of the game. Some paid extra for collectors edition items, if they don't get those items then there would be room to complain that you didn't get the service you paid for. You were not forced to pay more than anyone else, furthermore, you could have waited patiently till Tuesday, when in fact your service, the one you paid for, would be starting.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#25 Aug 25 2013 at 6:53 PM Rating: Decent
*
62 posts
Just saying, relax. **** happens. No need to go bat crazy
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#26 Aug 25 2013 at 6:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
311 posts
Betabronx wrote:
Teracide wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


You really are approaching this issue in the worst way possible, ya know?

Just what kind of responses were you hoping to get with posts like that? Sounds to me like you're just trying to start a fight with people that are already ****** off.

Nothing constructive could have come from this thread.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by Teracide


Oh no. I was aware. You get in front of an angry mob and tell them to relax.....yeah....bad idea.


You didn't just tell them to calm down. You rubbed salt in the wound, while aggressively telling them that they should be thankful.

Livin' on the edge, Forum-style.
____________________________
FFXIV: Raxion Gunsoul - Brynhildr - 50PLD 50SMN 50SCH 50DRG
WoW: Raxion - Greymane- 90 Druid
FFXI: Nion - Asura - 99 BLU, PUP, SMN, DRG, PLD 50+ DNC, NIN, MNK, THF, WHM, SAM, WAR
#27 Aug 25 2013 at 6:56 PM Rating: Default
*
62 posts
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



Sorry then. In that case, all I can say is that I paid for the game. Early Access was just a bonus. But I also know that it's not gonna be perfect when it releases. Even after beta, all games have thier kinks. Now, if this went on and on and oooon. Then I'll have a problem. But two days of a bonus from ordering early when the game has the potentual of a long lifespan; it's not going to kill me.

I think I need to thank FFXI for my paitence.

**** you Nidhogg


LOL well if it was anything like this and you came back then it must be good! That will give me something to cling to until I can play I suppose. I can say patience isn't one of my virtues so there is likely a halfway point of reality between you and I :) Sorry if I came off as an a$$ I am just frustrated as my wife actually gave me the night to play lol.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:53pm by zaarel


You got a wife. There's your problem lol
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#28 Aug 25 2013 at 6:57 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
81 posts
I think the only people who really have any reason to be upset would be the 1.0 non-legacy members who specifically paid for early access seeing that they would have been receiving a free upgrade to ARR without doing anything.

Anyone who is fresh to the game and crying over their pre-ordered copies, good lord, shut up. You would have had to buy a copy of the game regardless, and it's not like they were charging more for the pre-order.



____________________________
Mika Fuzzypaws - Balmung Server - ( ゜∀゜)彡
#29 Aug 25 2013 at 6:57 PM Rating: Good
*
62 posts
Teracide wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Teracide wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
In fact, why don't ya'll appreciate that ya'll even have the game in the first place. With errors yes, but they could have scrapped the job. Have some paitnece. Ya'll waited years already, whats a few more hours gonna do?


You really are approaching this issue in the worst way possible, ya know?

Just what kind of responses were you hoping to get with posts like that? Sounds to me like you're just trying to start a fight with people that are already ****** off.

Nothing constructive could have come from this thread.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by Teracide


Oh no. I was aware. You get in front of an angry mob and tell them to relax.....yeah....bad idea.


You didn't just tell them to calm down. You rubbed salt in the wound, while aggressively telling them that they should be thankful.

Livin' on the edge, Forum-style.


LOL! Man, if only you knew me in person. I cause too much drama because I open my mouth to mouthy people. It's a joy ride!
____________________________
Bronx (Lakshmi) (Update: 09/29/08)
*75THF
*73PUP
*75COR

Linkshells:
*CactuarInc (LS of Ex-PS2/PC Beta Testers)
#30 Aug 25 2013 at 6:58 PM Rating: Default
*
85 posts
ACLinjury wrote:
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



How exactly did you pay for early access, if anything EA would have been free play time, hence a credit if you will. Early access is just a perk for preordering a copy of the game. Some paid extra for collectors edition items, if they don't get those items then there would be room to complain that you didn't get the service you paid for. You were not forced to pay more than anyone else, furthermore, you could have waited patiently till Tuesday, when in fact your service, the one you paid for, would be starting.


Seriously your post is so deluded it makes my head hurt! ALL of the things you mention were perks of pre-order. I in fact am one who paid for CE. I expected to get all that was promised to me as a part of pre-ordering. THAT INCLUDED EARLY ACCESS!! How can you we only have the right to complain if they don't deliver some of the perks????? Put aside all of the marketing mumbo jumbo and this game is in full release period.
#31 Aug 25 2013 at 6:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
112 posts
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....

I spent time with my wife and kids. We went for a great bike ride and had ice cream. Family Day for me.
#32 Aug 25 2013 at 6:59 PM Rating: Good
****
4,134 posts
Betabronx wrote:
Oh no. I was aware. You get in front of an angry mob and tell them to relax.....yeah....bad idea.


There's a difference between telling people to relax and calling them whiney, entitled brats. Tact.

I would just point out that people paid for this. Why shouldn't they be entitled? It's called early access. Nearly nothing about this process, from the pre-order registration to the server logins to the actual in-game content like duty finder, has been accessible.

I'm not even in early access, but I can see that pretty clearly Smiley: sly
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#33 Aug 25 2013 at 7:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
311 posts
mabiche wrote:
I think the only people who really have any reason to be upset would be the 1.0 non-legacy members who specifically paid for early access seeing that they would have been receiving a free upgrade to ARR without doing anything.

Anyone who is fresh to the game and crying over their pre-ordered copies, good lord, shut up. You would have had to buy a copy of the game regardless, and it's not like they were charging more for the pre-order.



I wouldn't think people are mad because they 'paid for EA and didn't get it'. I would have to say that people are more-so mad because Early Access was a promised bonus from SE for pre-ordering their game, and SE was unable to keep their promise to quite a lot of people.

You didn't pay for Early Access, but you were supposed to get it either way. It's like buying a new computer, being promised a free monitor upon purchase, then finding out that the monitor you received doesn't work. A business is supposed to keep the promises they make.
____________________________
FFXIV: Raxion Gunsoul - Brynhildr - 50PLD 50SMN 50SCH 50DRG
WoW: Raxion - Greymane- 90 Druid
FFXI: Nion - Asura - 99 BLU, PUP, SMN, DRG, PLD 50+ DNC, NIN, MNK, THF, WHM, SAM, WAR
#34 Aug 25 2013 at 7:05 PM Rating: Decent
*
149 posts
zaarel wrote:
ACLinjury wrote:
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



How exactly did you pay for early access, if anything EA would have been free play time, hence a credit if you will. Early access is just a perk for preordering a copy of the game. Some paid extra for collectors edition items, if they don't get those items then there would be room to complain that you didn't get the service you paid for. You were not forced to pay more than anyone else, furthermore, you could have waited patiently till Tuesday, when in fact your service, the one you paid for, would be starting.


Seriously your post is so deluded it makes my head hurt! ALL of the things you mention were perks of pre-order. I in fact am one who paid for CE. I expected to get all that was promised to me as a part of pre-ordering. THAT INCLUDED EARLY ACCESS!! How can you we only have the right to complain if they don't deliver some of the perks????? Put aside all of the marketing mumbo jumbo and this game is in full release period.


You were promised a chance at Early Access, not unlimited bug-free access whenever it's damned convenient to you. They never said how long the servers would be up, only that if they are up, you will be able to access them prior to launch. You paid for a game, and they threw in the possibility to play earlier, nothing more. Most people understand exactly what early access is: A time for all the last-minute major crashes to be caught with a chance of getting ahead of the pack that comes on release day. I'm sorry if that line of reasoning isn't good enough for you, but that's what it is. Open beta and Early Access are the last chances of a company to catch these things before official launch, and they use them in large part to get issues identified that are impossible to simulate beforehand. That's the only reason people are calling everyone who comes on the board to complain trolls and crybabies. They should know better, because it's been plainly spelled out from the very beginning. Early Access was never a guarantee, and if you thought it was, as unfortunate as that is, it's not SE's fault.
#35 Aug 25 2013 at 7:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
530 posts
zaarel wrote:
ACLinjury wrote:
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



How exactly did you pay for early access, if anything EA would have been free play time, hence a credit if you will. Early access is just a perk for preordering a copy of the game. Some paid extra for collectors edition items, if they don't get those items then there would be room to complain that you didn't get the service you paid for. You were not forced to pay more than anyone else, furthermore, you could have waited patiently till Tuesday, when in fact your service, the one you paid for, would be starting.


Seriously your post is so deluded it makes my head hurt! ALL of the things you mention were perks of pre-order. I in fact am one who paid for CE. I expected to get all that was promised to me as a part of pre-ordering. THAT INCLUDED EARLY ACCESS!! How can you we only have the right to complain if they don't deliver some of the perks????? Put aside all of the marketing mumbo jumbo and this game is in full release period.


Three things.
1. I work in marketing
2. If you're not happy with a product or service, you always have the option to return it and find a substitute. There's plenty of other MMO's that may better deliver what you're looking for or expecting.
3. The game is not in full release, full release is on Tuesday, as with most home media. Would you like me to explain as to why it gets released on Tuesday?
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#36 Aug 25 2013 at 7:30 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,134 posts
Medieve wrote:
You were promised a chance at Early Access, not unlimited bug-free access whenever it's damned convenient to you.


Square Enix wrote:
If you pre-order FFXIV: A Realm Reborn from a participating retailer and register the pre-order code within the specificied time period, you will be granted access to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn prior to the official launch!


That's not a chance, it's a guarantee. The amount of spin coming from people around this makes me think that a lot more people from NA work for SE than we know about.

Medieve wrote:
They never said how long the servers would be up, only that if they are up, you will be able to access them prior to launch.


/clears throat

Square Enix wrote:
We are pleased to announce that Early Access for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will begin on Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)!

* Participants of Early Access are eligible to play straight into official service, which will begin on Tuesday, August 27, 2013.


Play straight into official service from 2AM on Saturday until Tuesday. Again, it's pretty clear.

Medieve wrote:
Most people understand exactly what early access is: A time for all the last-minute major crashes to be caught with a chance of getting ahead of the pack that comes on release day. I'm sorry if that line of reasoning isn't good enough for you, but that's what it is.

No, beta is the time to work out crashes and bugs. It's obvious from their own statements above that early access is supposed to be an uninterrupted service period. We all understand that there are unforeseen circumstances, but this was a result of SE not being prepared.

To be quite frank, all this nonsense disgusts me. You sound like a battered wife who is making excuses for the husband that beats you because he turns around and says "Baby, I'm sorry. I promise I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you". Unbelievable.

What is it about SE that allows them to take advantage of so many people and have them come back begging for more? If someone figures out what it is, please let me know. I would love to abuse my customers and not only have them stay in my service, but follow me around mopping up my mess Smiley: glare

____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#37 Aug 26 2013 at 11:57 AM Rating: Default
*
85 posts
ACLinjury wrote:
zaarel wrote:
ACLinjury wrote:
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Whats worse than a whiney kid?

An entitled adult.

Yeah I went there.

Though luck. sh*t happens. Things break and others never go according to plan. Live with it. I understand that and I really dgaf


Seriously how can you say I am acting like an entitled adult. In the context in which you are using the word it would make perfect sense if I were complaining that I couldn't log in for BETA play. I would be the first to agree with you then. That however is not the case. I am complaining because a service I paid for is not being fulfilled. Early access (which is simply a marketing ploy / term to generate cash asap) was a part of what I paid for. It was not given as something that might happen if they could get their act together in time.



How exactly did you pay for early access, if anything EA would have been free play time, hence a credit if you will. Early access is just a perk for preordering a copy of the game. Some paid extra for collectors edition items, if they don't get those items then there would be room to complain that you didn't get the service you paid for. You were not forced to pay more than anyone else, furthermore, you could have waited patiently till Tuesday, when in fact your service, the one you paid for, would be starting.


Seriously your post is so deluded it makes my head hurt! ALL of the things you mention were perks of pre-order. I in fact am one who paid for CE. I expected to get all that was promised to me as a part of pre-ordering. THAT INCLUDED EARLY ACCESS!! How can you we only have the right to complain if they don't deliver some of the perks????? Put aside all of the marketing mumbo jumbo and this game is in full release period.


Three things.
1. I work in marketing
2. If you're not happy with a product or service, you always have the option to return it and find a substitute. There's plenty of other MMO's that may better deliver what you're looking for or expecting.
3. The game is not in full release, full release is on Tuesday, as with most home media. Would you like me to explain as to why it gets released on Tuesday?


The fact you work in marketing is meaningless. The marketing aspect is just spin. Regardless of what you call it "early access" was a part of the preorder package along with the stupid hat and pet. It didn't say maybe we will give you early access it was part of the deal. You can call it any **** thing you like. How can you say I have a right to complain if I don't get the items but no right to complain if I don't get the access promised?? It is an all or nothing scenario.

Regarding Tuesday releases I am well aware of the theories. It's right in the same school of thought as to why crappy political announcements are aired between Friday night and Monday morning. Still irrelevant to the fact we didn't get a portion of the offering we paid for.,

Regarding bullet two, again fully aware and likely to exercise the right if all is not good by Tuesday along with a carrot for the inconvenience. If this is still in poor condition Tuesday consumers should liberally exercise their right to call their credit card companies and demand refunds.
#38 Aug 26 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Decent
*
85 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Medieve wrote:
You were promised a chance at Early Access, not unlimited bug-free access whenever it's damned convenient to you.


Square Enix wrote:
If you pre-order FFXIV: A Realm Reborn from a participating retailer and register the pre-order code within the specificied time period, you will be granted access to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn prior to the official launch!


That's not a chance, it's a guarantee. The amount of spin coming from people around this makes me think that a lot more people from NA work for SE than we know about.

Medieve wrote:
They never said how long the servers would be up, only that if they are up, you will be able to access them prior to launch.


/clears throat

Square Enix wrote:
We are pleased to announce that Early Access for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will begin on Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)!

* Participants of Early Access are eligible to play straight into official service, which will begin on Tuesday, August 27, 2013.


Play straight into official service from 2AM on Saturday until Tuesday. Again, it's pretty clear.

Medieve wrote:
Most people understand exactly what early access is: A time for all the last-minute major crashes to be caught with a chance of getting ahead of the pack that comes on release day. I'm sorry if that line of reasoning isn't good enough for you, but that's what it is.

No, beta is the time to work out crashes and bugs. It's obvious from their own statements above that early access is supposed to be an uninterrupted service period. We all understand that there are unforeseen circumstances, but this was a result of SE not being prepared.

To be quite frank, all this nonsense disgusts me. You sound like a battered wife who is making excuses for the husband that beats you because he turns around and says "Baby, I'm sorry. I promise I will do whatever it takes to make it up to you". Unbelievable.

What is it about SE that allows them to take advantage of so many people and have them come back begging for more? If someone figures out what it is, please let me know. I would love to abuse my customers and not only have them stay in my service, but follow me around mopping up my mess Smiley: glare



Good post. I also wish I could get my customers to drink the SE koolaid. Mine would never stand for such poor service. They actually have expectations of us.
#39Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Whats entitled about wanting a functioning product you paid for?
#40 Aug 26 2013 at 1:26 PM Rating: Decent
*
67 posts
zaarel wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
That people are being a bunch of whiney babies and quitting because of the past 2 days.

Because I for one don't want to be playing with these kids at endgame.

So rage quit, I encourage it. Less bulsh*t for us to deal with.


LOL yes that has to be it. We are all whiny babies. Whiny babies that paid to play and thus far all weekend I have managed to get about 30 minutes in. Many of us whining aren't kids. Some of us are busy professionals with families and careers that planned some time around this early access we PAID for. If you are happy with the service you are getting that is just fantastic. You can save your condescending name calling and assumptions for someone that gives a crap what you say.


Only have 1 thing to say about people like this: Wanting things to work right is all well and good, But only a Idiot expects it in stuff like this

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 3:28pm by derneis
#41 Aug 26 2013 at 1:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
TheOneFin wrote:
chomama wrote:
TheOneFin wrote:
chomama wrote:
I improvised and got 36 holes of golf in this weekend....


Sickie. I got 18 in today. How'd you shoot?


82 then 76 lol... Believe it or not haha... We drank more second 18 and I shot waaaay better... Think I must have forgot about this 'situation' by then ;)... kinda how I'm watching football and drinking now...



**** son - you must've been putting like a boss. 95 for me (and I was pumped about that).

Day of Golf > ARR Drama > Eating Tinfoil > Work

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 8:48pm by TheOneFin


Spent some time in the trees, did we? Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#42 Aug 26 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Betabronx wrote:
Oh no. I was aware. You get in front of an angry mob and tell them to relax.....yeah....bad idea.


There's a difference between telling people to relax and calling them whiney, entitled brats. Tact.

I would just point out that people paid for this. Why shouldn't they be entitled? It's called early access. Nearly nothing about this process, from the pre-order registration to the server logins to the actual in-game content like duty finder, has been accessible.

I'm not even in early access, but I can see that pretty clearly Smiley: sly


You're absolutely correct. Everyone who paid for EA is entitled to a good experience, and SE has once again dropped the ball in the customer service department. I really don't have any issue with people wanting to cancel orders/quitgame, etc over this. Everyone is clearly reacting to the recent bugs differently, and that's totally fine. I personally had ~19 hours of ingame fun this weekend, way more than is probably healthy, and have no complaints to speak of. But i recognize that other people had very little time to enjoy an early access that they paid for.

Having said that, it's really obnoxious to come to a fansite and see pages of people complaining about it. Not just complaining either; outright whining, threatening lawsuits, demanding SE employees be fired and/or commit ritual suicide (actual comment). It just...does not add anything meaningful or helpful to anyone's day. If you are really upset about your experience, don't come here and tell us; we can't help you. Write it to SE. They probably won't help you either, but at least you're complaining to the source.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#43 Aug 26 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
Betabronx wrote:
That people are being a bunch of whiney babies and quitting because of the past 2 days.

Because I for one don't want to be playing with these kids at endgame.

So rage quit, I encourage it. Less bulsh*t for us to deal with.


You started a thread whining about people whining what does that make you ? A hypocrite.

Whats worse people whining or someone wining about people wining.

People are not wining they are looking for answers and all they get is nothing. People telling them they have no right.




Edited, Aug 26th 2013 4:39pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 103 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Greax, lolgaxe, Thayos, Anonymous Guests (99)