Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Excalibur, still 1017 for me. Follow

#1 Aug 25 2013 at 7:26 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
I'm ok now. At release if this is an issue, that sucks for them but I don't care because Ill be playing anyway... Now, if this happens and still is happening or happens again, AFTER I start my monthly subscription, maybe ill give them 30days..., I will be *******

If I want to play a game I pay for, I should be able to play it. If I have to move, you have to pay for it, SE.

This is the situation that I make Comcast, Sprint, Verizon, Electric Company, prorate or give me a couple days on the price of service for as long as my stuff was out of service.

Anyway, they need to fix it. I want to play :( And what if its like that in 2.0 release? What then SE? /cry



Anyone else have that issue? Anyone know how they are fixing this specific issue?
#2 Aug 25 2013 at 7:28 PM Rating: Excellent
*
58 posts
I'm having the same issue man. Same server. They lowered the number of people allowed on the server at a time. That was their fix.
#3 Aug 25 2013 at 7:36 PM Rating: Good
**
372 posts
I am on Excalibur as well and along with Hyperion its probably the most popular server so chances of getting on tonight seem very low.
____________________________
Allena 99 WHM/ BST
#4 Aug 25 2013 at 7:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
i just got a new error on Excalibur 1016, world data could not be obtained, it is new to me at least
#5 Aug 25 2013 at 7:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
Maybe it's all our fault. Excalibur has been eating the other servers, and that's why our cluster doesn't work right! Seriously though, I just received 1016 twice as well.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#6 Aug 25 2013 at 7:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
588 posts
Quote:
We have confirmed that the issues on the North American/European data center Worlds have resurfaced. Therefore, we have placed a severe login restriction in order to stabilize the servers.

While you may continue to have a difficult time logging into the game, please note that the issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone for an extended period, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.


http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/35ee4ff97e1ee17faf90ea066b200c96af086df5
____________________________



#7 Aug 25 2013 at 7:51 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
my character image is not loading anymore on the log in screen maybe they are working on our server now
#8 Aug 25 2013 at 7:52 PM Rating: Default
**
487 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
I'm ok now. At release if this is an issue, that sucks for them but I don't care because Ill be playing anyway... Now, if this happens and still is happening or happens again, AFTER I start my monthly subscription, maybe ill give them 30days..., I will be *******

If I want to play a game I pay for, I should be able to play it. If I have to move, you have to pay for it, SE.

This is the situation that I make Comcast, Sprint, Verizon, Electric Company, prorate or give me a couple days on the price of service for as long as my stuff was out of service.

Anyway, they need to fix it. I want to play :( And what if its like that in 2.0 release? What then SE? /cry



Anyone else have that issue? Anyone know how they are fixing this specific issue?

So the fanboys are ok with it being borked after launch now....interesting.
____________________________
BANNED
#9 Aug 25 2013 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
525 posts
They aren't working on servers. It's monday morning there, so they are probably in a meeting.

Then content of the meeting will consist of this:

Congratulations, our first weekend of early access was a huge success here in Japan!

There were some minor log-in difficulties in the NA data center, but we have procedures in place to handle them.

Tomorrow will go great!

Ok, lets get lunch!

Maybe not exactly, but that's the general tone of the meeting.

The only way to conclude otherwise is if we receive information about new servers and duty finder servers being added at the NA data center immediately.

Which we won't receive.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#10 Aug 25 2013 at 8:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Ehllfire wrote:
WFOAssassin wrote:
I'm ok now. At release if this is an issue, that sucks for them but I don't care because Ill be playing anyway... Now, if this happens and still is happening or happens again, AFTER I start my monthly subscription, maybe ill give them 30days..., I will be *******

If I want to play a game I pay for, I should be able to play it. If I have to move, you have to pay for it, SE.

This is the situation that I make Comcast, Sprint, Verizon, Electric Company, prorate or give me a couple days on the price of service for as long as my stuff was out of service.

Anyway, they need to fix it. I want to play :( And what if its like that in 2.0 release? What then SE? /cry



Anyone else have that issue? Anyone know how they are fixing this specific issue?


So the fanboys are ok with it being borked after launch now....interesting.


Did you just call me a Fanboy? Why do you say that? Because I like the game enough that I will play it while its a sub-par game? Ohhh I get it, you must mean Legacy status player. I played the game in 1.0 when it was broken. As heart breaking as it would be if 2.0 broke, of course I would still play it. I was willing to keep paying and playing 1.0 (I have legacy status) so it wouldn't be hard for me to play 2.0 when it is superior in everyday to version 1.0. It would suck because I have high hopes but in the end as long as its not going eat my PS/PS3, not allow me to play, or make my eyes bleed. I don't care. Ill be playing it all the time.

Next time you decide to troll someone look at yourself in the mirror, first. I don't understand why you would troll anyone but yourself. Have fun not playing 2.0, I guess.
#11 Aug 25 2013 at 8:26 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
428 posts
Just got into Excalibur. It said I was 445 in the queue but it logged me in within 30 seconds. However, I am now stuck in my moghouse unable to zone. It just keeps saying "A system error occurred during event movement." ..... *sigh*

UPDATE: I zoned to Steps of Thal!

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 10:27pm by OnyxFFXI
#12 Aug 25 2013 at 8:27 PM Rating: Decent
31 posts
Still a 1017 on Balmug.
#13 Aug 25 2013 at 8:34 PM Rating: Decent
I'm pretty floored that after all this time they haven't implemented a login queue???
____________________________
Die! Die die die. die die die die, die die. - Scarlet Briar
#14 Aug 25 2013 at 8:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
digitalcraft wrote:
I'm pretty floored that after all this time they haven't implemented a login queue???


Yeah and its still going on. >.<
#15 Aug 25 2013 at 8:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
*
68 posts
digitalcraft wrote:
I'm pretty floored that after all this time they haven't implemented a login queue???


There actually is a working Log in que. It's just that there are more people trying to log in that they are willing to allow.
#16 Aug 25 2013 at 8:43 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
DRGx wrote:
digitalcraft wrote:
I'm pretty floored that after all this time they haven't implemented a login queue???


There actually is a working Log in que. It's just that there are more people trying to log in that they are willing to allow.


That doesn't make sense.

There should still be a queue, even if it's a 1000 person queue until it lets you in
#17 Aug 25 2013 at 8:44 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
32 posts
There is a queue, but it seems to be overwhelmed/broken. While attempting to log in through the weekend, after getting several server full errors, it would finally let me in a queue of anywhere from 6 to 56 players, nothing higher, which makes little sense. O_o
#18 Aug 25 2013 at 8:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
The login queue is just that - a queue that processes the logins one at a time.

The 1017 issue is that the server itself is at the max number of characters they think it can handle (probably 3,000 or so) and they're not letting anyone even queue up to get in.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#19 Aug 25 2013 at 8:45 PM Rating: Excellent
SE should make a little 1017 minion for everyone who played Early Access. :D
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#20 Aug 25 2013 at 8:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
32 posts
Catwho wrote:
The login queue is just that - a queue that processes the logins one at a time.

The 1017 issue is that the server itself is at the max number of characters they think it can handle (probably 3,000 or so) and they're not letting anyone even queue up to get in.


Wouldn't that negate the purpose for having a login queue altogether though?

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 10:48pm by thefrayl
#21 Aug 25 2013 at 8:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
I've got the 1017 message also.

"This world is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again."

Now, exactly how are we supposed to know when there's an opening? I mean, if they just put a light bulb symbol next to your server's name that goes off blinking whenever somebody logs off, that'd be great. Then at least we'd know, right? Smiley: lol
Why no queue's? :P
____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#22 Aug 25 2013 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
Sage
*
68 posts
Killua125 wrote:
DRGx wrote:
digitalcraft wrote:
I'm pretty floored that after all this time they haven't implemented a login queue???


There actually is a working Log in que. It's just that there are more people trying to log in that they are willing to allow.


That doesn't make sense.

There should still be a queue, even if it's a 1000 person queue until it lets you in


That's the thing. Like I said, "Willing to allow"

They just made a post about this on the lodestone about limiting log ins.
#23 Aug 25 2013 at 8:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
The login queue is to prevent too many people from hitting the login server (separate from the game server) all at the same time and crashing it again.

Logins are actually processed pretty quickly - you'll be in in under a minute if you're below 100.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#24 Aug 25 2013 at 9:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Catwho wrote:
The login queue is just that - a queue that processes the logins one at a time.

The 1017 issue is that the server itself is at the max number of characters they think it can handle (probably 3,000 or so) and they're not letting anyone even queue up to get in.



This is my problem, with all of this.... Why did they allow anyone above to server limit to make a character in that server? They should cap 3000/3000 not 3000(cap at once)/3788.

That means that they allowed 788 MORE people create an account on the server, Why? Make people move, **** it. :(
#25 Aug 25 2013 at 10:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
thefrayl wrote:
There is a queue, but it seems to be overwhelmed/broken. While attempting to log in through the weekend, after getting several server full errors, it would finally let me in a queue of anywhere from 6 to 56 players, nothing higher, which makes little sense. O_o


I did see the small queue of what seemed to be around 50 during P4, but today i've been upwards of 600 a couple of times before getting 1017. It's there, it's just borked because of all of us hammering the servers.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#26Ehllfire, Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 10:40 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Any bets this maintenance fixes nothing (again)?
#27 Aug 25 2013 at 10:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
Ahh this is a error.. I have been getting it on ultros...

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 12:43am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#28wrongfeifong, Posted: Aug 26 2013 at 12:16 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i am rather **** at this ****, FFXI perfect launch
#29 Aug 26 2013 at 12:21 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
Give it a shot on Excalibur, thus far i'm running around Middle LN and have only seen two other players.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#30 Aug 26 2013 at 9:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Why would they allow servers to overload anyway?
#31 Aug 26 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Decent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
Catwho wrote:
The login queue is just that - a queue that processes the logins one at a time.

The 1017 issue is that the server itself is at the max number of characters they think it can handle (probably 3,000 or so) and they're not letting anyone even queue up to get in.



This is my problem, with all of this.... Why did they allow anyone above to server limit to make a character in that server? They should cap 3000/3000 not 3000(cap at once)/3788.

That means that they allowed 788 MORE people create an account on the server, Why? Make people move, **** it. :(


Because under normal operating circumstances, all 3788 people will not be trying to play all at once. The actual number of characters they'll allow to be registered to a server is significantly higher than the max number of characters allowed to be active on the server at any given time. Not everyone will play 24/7 once the shiny has worn off.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#32 Aug 26 2013 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
So in theory... the server allows, say 8000 characters to be saved on them. Only, the caveat is, that that should be 1000 accounts (x8char per account). I'd fall off my chair if someone at SE mistook the character limit for the account limit and now we have this. I only postulate this because that happened at my job a few days ago... luckily in testing.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#33 Aug 26 2013 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
501 posts
yeah cant get on excalibur either and its off peak hours, tons of kids should be in school. must be another problem besides overcrowding
____________________________
FFXIV - Bruticus Maximus - (excalibur server)
FFXI - Cubby the drunken Galka bard-Retired 7/31/2009
Kujata 75brd/75war/55drg
#34 Aug 26 2013 at 4:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
32 posts
Just got home after being gone since last wednesday....I am so bummed by this. Is it even worth me button mashing my way through this screen over and over?
#35 Aug 26 2013 at 4:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
I button mash for a few min then take a break for 10-15min then try again. I got through a few times but it still sucks...
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 69 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (69)