Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

[Follow-up] Recovery Operation for Login Issues (Aug. 25)Follow

#1 Aug 25 2013 at 8:58 PM Rating: Excellent
We will be performing maintenance at the following date and time in order to address login issues being experienced on Worlds hosted on the North American and European datacenter.During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds] - Adamantoise
- Balmung
- Behemoth
- Cactuar
- Cerberus
- Coeurl
- Diabolos
- Excalibur
- Exodus
- Faerie
- Gilgamesh
- Goblin
- Hyperion
- Lamia
- Leviathan
- Malboro
- Midgardsormr
- Moogle
- Odin
- Phoenix
- Ragnarok
- Sargatanas
- Shiva
- Siren
- Ultros

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
#2 Aug 25 2013 at 8:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
30 posts
This time its gonna work /jinx!


Edited, Aug 25th 2013 11:01pm by Kodatei
#3 Aug 25 2013 at 9:00 PM Rating: Good
Kodatei wrote:
This time its gonna work /jinks!


Haha, /jinx!

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 11:01pm by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#4 Aug 25 2013 at 9:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.


And this is different from now? Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#5 Aug 25 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Excellent
I hope they don't limit logins for servers again, that was really terrible decision.
#6 Aug 25 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
32 posts
Well, hopefully this means I'll be able to login without too many issues after work tomorrow :)
#7 Aug 25 2013 at 9:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
180 posts
Wint wrote:
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.


And this is different from now? Smiley: laugh


At least this maint forces everyone to not be able to login to those servers.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

#8 Aug 25 2013 at 9:03 PM Rating: Good
Guess I'll watch Big Brother with my wife for once and pass out. Good luck getting in tonight ya'll! Hopefully I'll catch you guys tomorrow.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#9 Aug 25 2013 at 9:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
crazy0taku wrote:
Wint wrote:
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.


And this is different from now? Smiley: laugh


At least this maint forces everyone to not be able to login to those servers.


The way that is worded makes me think those people in get to stay in. I'm betting they're doing something to the lobby/instance servers. I was speculating earlier that the actual worlds themselves are running ok, but the servers I just mentioned are where the issue is. That's why they show as up on sites like ARRStatus.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#10 Aug 25 2013 at 9:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
So from Midnight to 1:30am EST.....Guess i'll be waking up early before work to move my character to a rest zone for the day. XD
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#11 Aug 25 2013 at 9:07 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
297 posts
I am happy for the update. I don't like not knowing what's going on.
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#12 Aug 25 2013 at 9:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Agreed, at least they're trying things. I wish they'd be a little more informative on their twitter account. I wonder if any of their infrastructure guys have slept yet this weekend.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#13 Aug 25 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
170 posts
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
I hope they don't limit logins for servers again, that was really terrible decision.


It was a foolish decision. I have always been told to over prepare. Then your not under prepared.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#14 Aug 25 2013 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
This means, before I go to bed tonight, I'll at least get to find out whether I got credit for beating Santasha earlier today!

I was just zoning out of the dungeon when everyone got kicked at 1:22-ish...
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#15 Aug 25 2013 at 9:34 PM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
I've got to be at work in the morning so I'll be asleep when servers come back up. Hopefully they'll have it all sorted out by then. If not, I'll just continue playing my thaumaturge on Kujata which just hit 15. At least it'll be more fun than spamming the login and praying for a chance to get in.
#16 Aug 25 2013 at 9:37 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
9 posts
At least increase the que size and not just give the 1017 error since its over the limit. I'd glady go do something else while waiting.
#17 Aug 25 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Transmigration the Charming wrote:
Guess I'll watch Big Brother with my wife for once and pass out. Good luck getting in tonight ya'll! Hopefully I'll catch you guys tomorrow.


Quitter! Smiley: tongue

I created a character on Ridill earlier to try Arcanist, been having a blast. May transfer her when they become available.
#18 Aug 25 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
Wint wrote:
The way that is worded makes me think those people in get to stay in. I'm betting they're doing something to the lobby/instance servers. I was speculating earlier that the actual worlds themselves are running ok, but the servers I just mentioned are where the issue is. That's why they show as up on sites like ARRStatus.


What bites is they pretty much kicked a lot of people out to reduce the numbers tonite. IMO, this whole mess is caused by their short-sightedness in estimating the numbers of NA/EU people waiting for this game...to the point of not even making a functional queue system. That's a slap in the face to the people who are trying to get in, and not even seeing some sign of hope in numbers slowing reducing in a queue. Didn't that world record in server concurrent users or the that million count of people signing up for the beta give them just a little hint?
It's been a long day, this just ****** me off. I know it's early access, which is an extension of beta really, but... ****.

Edit: I actually got back into the game a minute ago, raced to the inn and logged out. At least I'll have some rested exp for my troubles. o.0


Edited, Aug 26th 2013 12:04am by Vorkosigan
____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#19 Aug 25 2013 at 9:39 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
25 posts
Takaiana of the Ten Storms wrote:
We will be performing maintenance at the following date and time in order to address login issues being experienced on Worlds hosted on the North American and European datacenter.During this period, players will be unable to log in to the Worlds listed below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (PDT)


So if the maintenance is going to occur now then what was going on all day today? Extended coffee break? lol
#20 Aug 25 2013 at 9:41 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
**
325 posts
10:30 is about what time I was going to hop on anyways so fingers crossed. Smiley: clown
____________________________
FFXIV
Name: Z'veagan Brolz
Server: Ultros
Linkshell/FC: Lootwhorindramafest
#21 Aug 25 2013 at 9:51 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
180 posts
I just want to be able to get on long enough to move to a sanctuary for rested exp.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

#22 Aug 25 2013 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,136 posts
Lmao, I just got back online after all these hours of trying, 2 minutes before maintenance started. /sigh
#23 Aug 25 2013 at 9:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
30 posts
crazy0taku wrote:
I just want to be able to get on long enough to move to a sanctuary for rested exp.

Ah! if i had enough time i would have done that too >.<
#24 Aug 25 2013 at 9:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
180 posts
Kodatei wrote:
crazy0taku wrote:
I just want to be able to get on long enough to move to a sanctuary for rested exp.

Ah! if i had enough time i would have done that too >.<


I just did it. Only because everyone on the server is leaving and that opened up room for people to login
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

#25 Aug 25 2013 at 10:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
826 posts
Actually for those wondering if those of us online got to stay in, that's a negative. The maintenance shut down everything this time around, but I did manage to finally slip in shortly after 1016 errors started cropping for Excalibur and did three or four instanced quests (story and class) and was fine zoning, etc. for the full hour and a half before they took stuff down again. So, hold out hope, it does seem as if actual progress is being made on other aspects that were giving us trouble, such as duty finder, zoning and the like.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#26 Aug 25 2013 at 11:25 PM Rating: Good
It seems the servers are back up, but they are all full once again as I am still getting the error saying the server is full. It seems they did not remove their silly decision of limiting logins. Very sad.
#27 Aug 25 2013 at 11:30 PM Rating: Good
***
1,136 posts
I find it hard to believe that the servers filled up so soon after maintenance on a Sunday night at 12:30am.
#28 Aug 25 2013 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
It seems they did not remove their silly decision of limiting logins. Very sad.


They must not have a choice about restricting logins. I don't think it's their goal to **** us off!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#29 Aug 25 2013 at 11:32 PM Rating: Excellent
I got a queue!!!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#30 Aug 25 2013 at 11:33 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,448 posts
It does kind of present the impression that they aren't accomplishing anything with all these shutdowns.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#31 Aug 25 2013 at 11:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
151 posts
In! On coeurl!
____________________________
Jenenibui (sylph)
main: 75brd
LS: StormsofFate
[img]http://stormsoffate.com/phpBB2/album_mod/upload/12382120f737a38b339bf9d0d12b14af.png[/img]
#32 Aug 25 2013 at 11:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
Friend's on, but the server is full for me. :(
#33 Aug 25 2013 at 11:34 PM Rating: Good
***
1,136 posts
Got a queue here too, 481 in line!

Wow, 10 seconds after posting, I'm in! =D

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 1:36am by FFATMA
#34 Aug 25 2013 at 11:36 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
No queue on Diabolos. Wondering why they've kept this insanely tight strangle hold on the logins and not loosened up at all.

Also wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get halfway into my load time before kicking me off with the server full error. That's just frustrating.

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 12:37am by Redding
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#35 Aug 25 2013 at 11:38 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
In after 8 person que, first time being able to get on the Hyperion server since noon saturday!

It's moving forward.....positive!
#36 Aug 25 2013 at 11:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
81 posts
No queue for me on Balmung ._. 1017 is alive and well.
____________________________
Mika Fuzzypaws - Balmung Server - ( ゜∀゜)彡
#37 Aug 25 2013 at 11:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
I am trying to be optimistic here but really this is boarder line foolish. Well shut down the servers and accomplish nothing it seems.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#38 Aug 25 2013 at 11:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
FFATMA wrote:
I find it hard to believe that the servers filled up so soon after maintenance on a Sunday night at 12:30am.


Exactly.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#39 Aug 25 2013 at 11:40 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
thelastofclass wrote:
I am trying to be optimistic here but really this is boarder line foolish. Well shut down the servers and accomplish nothing it seems.


We won't know if what they did worked at all really due to how hard they've bottle necked the amount of people that can login.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#40 Aug 25 2013 at 11:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
38 posts
mabiche wrote:
No queue for me on Balmung ._. 1017 is alive and well.


This, but in Diabolos.
____________________________
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iAmEcchi
#41 Aug 25 2013 at 11:40 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
364 posts
mabiche wrote:
No queue for me on Balmung ._. 1017 is alive and well.


I'm getting the same for Balmung, nothing but 1017.
#42 Aug 25 2013 at 11:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
170 posts
Redding wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I am trying to be optimistic here but really this is boarder line foolish. Well shut down the servers and accomplish nothing it seems.


We won't know if what they did worked at all really due to how hard they've bottle necked the amount of people that can login.


I don't want to be that pessimist *****. Just gotten frustrated is all Its been nearly 24hrs since I've gotten to play with my character.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#43 Aug 25 2013 at 11:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
You guys are mistaking that error.

1017 is the manual lockdown on login servers. They occasionally open up the servers to allow more people to queue in without busting the zoning/instanced servers. The more they lift this restriction, the more risk people who are playing are getting kicked due to congestion.
#44 Aug 25 2013 at 11:44 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
thelastofclass wrote:
Redding wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I am trying to be optimistic here but really this is boarder line foolish. Well shut down the servers and accomplish nothing it seems.


We won't know if what they did worked at all really due to how hard they've bottle necked the amount of people that can login.


I don't want to be that pessimist *****. Just gotten frustrated is all Its been nearly 24hrs since I've gotten to play with my character.


I'm right there with you. I haven't been able to log onto my main since yesterday. She finally showed back up in character select so at least that's something.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#45 Aug 25 2013 at 11:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
Hyrist wrote:
You guys are mistaking that error.

1017 is the manual lockdown on login servers. They occasionally open up the servers to allow more people to queue in without busting the zoning/instanced servers. The more they lift this restriction, the more risk people who are playing are getting kicked due to congestion.


Yeah, but they need to solve the root cause of this, and all they've done thus far is implement placebos and tell us we're better. They did seemingly solve the duty finder/zoning issue when I managed to get in before this last maintenance, but that's been during login lockdowns, so who knows what it would perform like under full stress.

We've been fairly patient, but this is a bit ridiculous at this point. This will only be far worse on Tuesday.

Edited, Aug 25th 2013 10:48pm by Dallie
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#46 Aug 25 2013 at 11:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
170 posts
Dallie wrote:

Yeah, but they need to solve the root cause of this, and all they've done thus far is implement placebos and tell us we're better. We've been fairly patient, but this is a bit ridiculous at this point. This will only be far worse on Tuesday.


Gotta agree with him here. I would rather have them shut down the servers completely again. And make sure they will be able to handle everything and be at 100%.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#47 Aug 25 2013 at 11:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
135 posts
This is getting old really fast.. :<

I happened to get online 30 min before they shut down again and now 1017 all over again... Sigh..
#48 Aug 25 2013 at 11:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Well, you know the solution would honestly be less people. That's the immediate root cause of this problem.

Don't want to deal with the login queues and the lockouts? Don't play for a while. I've said this before, but this bears repeating, this seems more like a hardware issue than a software one, and it's likely not feasible to quickly solve this problem, given the gigantic demand SE has been saddled with.

We can complain, or we can be patient. Either way it reflects nothing on the actual game substance and content and everything to do with the fact that demand is incredibly higher than the supply at the moment.

We don't set Game Stop/Sony/Microsoft on fire for not having enough PS4s and XBoxOnes on the shelves, nor should we do so to SE for servers who are buckling under overload.
#49 Aug 25 2013 at 11:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
81 posts
Queue up on Balmung now. Hopefully they will keep the lock off for everyone else tonight.

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 1:55am by mabiche



ETA: Two minutes into the game and I get a runtime error. And now back to 1017. lol ._.

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 1:59am by mabiche

Edited, Aug 26th 2013 2:00am by mabiche
____________________________
Mika Fuzzypaws - Balmung Server - ( ゜∀゜)彡
#50 Aug 25 2013 at 11:56 PM Rating: Good
*
176 posts
Finally a queue and only 56 people ahead of me.
____________________________
Cannibalism is a valid means of debate. Your opponent presents their side of the argument and you respond in kind by consuming their liver. Thus the debate ends with you having proved your point. As a boon for being such a master of the debationary arts few people will wish to confront you in such a manner in the future.
#51 Aug 26 2013 at 12:04 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
Just keep pressing Numpad 0..........errr
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 74 All times are in CST
squiress, Thayos, Anonymous Guests (72)