Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

CE & Account ConfusionFollow

#1 Aug 27 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
I just got my CE in the mail but... now what? What do I do with it in order to get the items?

Also my account in the mogstation only lists 1 character, who was just made. I have 5 characters and my main isn't listed. That worries me. D:
#2 Aug 27 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
20 posts
When I registered, it showed all my characters on my account before I added me CE product key. I registered my CE product key and logged in and I had in-game mail with all my CE items.
#3 Aug 27 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Where do you enter the code?

I'm scared to do so since I only have 1 character showing. :c Are the items account based?

Edited, Aug 27th 2013 11:38am by Kawohni
#4 Aug 27 2013 at 9:39 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
20 posts
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Log into the mogstation and check if all your characters show up. You put your product in there. Make sure you DON'T click on "Add New Service Account" You should be able to click on your account with all your characters and choose "Add Playstation Service" or "Add Windows Service" whichever one you bought.
#5 Aug 27 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Only one of my characters shows up, as I said.

But where exactly do I put the code? I tried it in "bonus code" but it said it was invalid.
#6 Aug 27 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
20 posts
There should be two buttons along with the "bonus code" One being "Add Windows Service" the other being "Add Playstation 3 Service"
#7 Aug 27 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
Characters not showing up is a known issue. They show up for me, some people report only seeing certain characters and some people see nothing.

As far as the CE stuff goes, I don't think they are delivering them just yet, but on the mog station page there should be a button toward the bottom of the page with a gift box on it. That's what you'll use to enter any codes for items that you might get.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#8 Aug 27 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
jdang wrote:
There should be two buttons along with the "bonus code" One being "Add Windows Service" the other being "Add Playstation 3 Service"


There's only the one for ps3, since my windows account is already there.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
Characters not showing up is a known issue. They show up for me, some people report only seeing certain characters and some people see nothing.

As far as the CE stuff goes, I don't think they are delivering them just yet, but on the mog station page there should be a button toward the bottom of the page with a gift box on it. That's what you'll use to enter any codes for items that you might get.


Hmm, I know other people got theirs but maybe they have different circumstances.

Maybe I'm entering the wrong code? The only code I have is the registration code that was included in the game box. This one is "invalid" on the bonus code page.
#9 Aug 27 2013 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
20 posts
I didn't know the character not showing up is a known issue. Sorry if I'm confusing you more than anything haha.

After you put in your CE product key and log in, it should automatically in game mail you the items. I did it this morning and got my helmet along with the mount and everything else. Helmet gives 20% exp up to 10 like the moogle helm. I'm not 20 so I couldn't use the mount or the other thing.
#10 Aug 27 2013 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
It's okay, I really appreciate the help, I'm mostly confused about what I'm doing lol, they should have clearer instructions!

I haven't found anywhere to put in the product key. :c
#11 Aug 27 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
Kawohni wrote:
jdang wrote:
There should be two buttons along with the "bonus code" One being "Add Windows Service" the other being "Add Playstation 3 Service"


There's only the one for ps3, since my windows account is already there.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
Characters not showing up is a known issue. They show up for me, some people report only seeing certain characters and some people see nothing.

As far as the CE stuff goes, I don't think they are delivering them just yet, but on the mog station page there should be a button toward the bottom of the page with a gift box on it. That's what you'll use to enter any codes for items that you might get.


Hmm, I know other people got theirs but maybe they have different circumstances.


Sorry, I should have been more clear. People who purchased the 1.0 CE should be getting their items right away. If you purchased the ARR CE then you get your items after the early access is officially closed on Thursday 11:59 PM(PST),
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#12 Aug 27 2013 at 10:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Hmm okay, thank you! But will I still get them even though I've been unable to enter a product key, and the mogstation says "Standard"?

I'm sorry, this is very confusing. ;n;
#13 Aug 27 2013 at 10:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
20 posts
I didn't have 1.0 CE account. I put in the 2.0 ARR CE account product key in today and it gave me the items right away.

Side note about characters not showing up. From the other thread someone said they were only seeing their characters on the Japanese server while I only see my characters on the NA server but not any of my characters on the Japanese server.

It might be possible that you're not seeing any character is because of that. You can try creating a character on the Japanese server to make sure you're adding to the correct account if it shows up.
#14 Aug 27 2013 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Yeah I have a character on Japanese Fenrir, she's the only one who shows up lol

Edit: jdang where exactly did you put in your product key? Other than the page with the gift box icon I haven't found a place for it.

Edited, Aug 27th 2013 12:28pm by Kawohni
#15 Aug 27 2013 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
20 posts
Click on Account Services on the top tab.
It should bring you to a page with the buttons that a mentioned.

I'm not sure which page you're looking at but the page with the gift box is not the page I'm talking about.
#16 Aug 27 2013 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
This is what my account services page looks like: http://i.imgur.com/VtY00yb.png
And this is the page I was entering the code in, where it tells me the code is invalid: http://i.imgur.com/fxMSop8.png
#17 Aug 27 2013 at 12:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
20 posts
Hmm, that is odd... Mine had a button called "Add Windows Service". Yours doesn't even have the 3 days for the pre-order even though you have the pre-order benefits.

Only thing different is I didn't add a credit card info for it.

Did you try the Upgrade to Digital Delux version or does that just try to upgrade your account for 20 bucks?

Here is what mine looks like after adding it.
http://i.imgur.com/CBauoHN.png

#18 Aug 27 2013 at 12:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Yeah the upgrade page just tries to get me to buy the $20 digital version lol
I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday and see if it's because of this grace period with Early Access. :c

Thank you so much for trying to help <3
#19 Aug 27 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
****
4,134 posts
Try something for me. Next time you login to the mog station and you get to the first screen after you enter your password, click on the picture of the moogle and see if it doesn't give you more options. I'll link a picture, but what I want you to click on is where the red arrow is pointing.

I noticed the last time I logged in that the names were showing up for me, but not for some other people. I logged into a friend's account and saw that the names were not showing up for him and he couldn't see the icons at the bottom. It looked like the picture you just linked. However, when I clicked the moogle in the banner it displayed the names and servers as well as the 3 icons at the bottom. Odd issue. Not sure why it would matter, but I'm using Mozilla.

Example image.

____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#20 Aug 27 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
I hope you don't mind writing into this thread, but I am currently equally confused about where to enter my registration code.

I played FFXIV ARR BETA and successfully added my pre-order code to the service account listing my 4th BETA characters.
I ordered the Windows CE from SE store and received my CE registration code via e-mail. Following the link on the e-mail I see the following screen after logging into the Mogry station:

http://i.imgur.com/jHgelaT.jpg

On this screen I'm only able to click on that strange icon (marked red) below stating: add new plattform.

If I click on Account Services on the Menu above though, it shows me a different screen:

http://i.imgur.com/es72F4w.jpg

And suddenly I can choose between adding a PS3 service or a Windows service. The name "service" already gives me shudders in fear, afraid that this might add a new service account (which I don't want, I want to register CE on my old BETA account).

Therefore I'm wondering:

1. Do I register the CE Code through clicking "add plattform" - the ring icon below - which can be seen in the first screenshot?
or
2. Do I register the CE Code through clicking Account Services and pressing add Windows service?

I tried googling it and searched through forums, but couldn't find a clear answer to it. All just say login and register. But they never specify if you register through adding a plattform or adding a windows service.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me out here. I'm totally confused about this.
#21 Aug 27 2013 at 4:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
129 posts
The registration was confusing and I was worried about creating a new account and losing my saved progress during beta and early access.

Anyway, so like the previous posts mentioned, once you log into the Mog station, under the "Account Services" tab you should be able to see your account with 2 buttons: a PS3 and Windows. Underneath the buttons will show a chart of Account Type, Service Account Status, and Character. Assuming that's the account you want to play on, click on the platform button -whichever one you are going to play on and it will bring you to a window where you enter the official product code.

Once you enter the code, the chart that shows your account will change and where the PS3 and Windows buttons were, will be replaced with a new set of buttons: Subscription Service, Enter Bonus Code, Upgrade to the Digital Collector's Edition.

Hope this helps.

FYI, if you entered a code to play on early access, you'll need to enter another set of codes to officially register your game. Follow the above steps. =).
And like someone mentioned, do not click on the "Add new Service" button by the top right unless you want to start all over!

Edited, Aug 27th 2013 7:06pm by ASpaceman
#22 Aug 27 2013 at 5:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Try something for me. Next time you login to the mog station and you get to the first screen after you enter your password, click on the picture of the moogle and see if it doesn't give you more options. I'll link a picture, but what I want you to click on is where the red arrow is pointing.

I noticed the last time I logged in that the names were showing up for me, but not for some other people. I logged into a friend's account and saw that the names were not showing up for him and he couldn't see the icons at the bottom. It looked like the picture you just linked. However, when I clicked the moogle in the banner it displayed the names and servers as well as the 3 icons at the bottom. Odd issue. Not sure why it would matter, but I'm using Mozilla.

Example image.



It updated to show the rest of my characters randomly a while ago. It still doesn't say I have Collector's Edition though and I'm still not sure what to do about that, but it's something I guess!
#23 Aug 27 2013 at 11:36 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
ASpaceman wrote:
The registration was confusing and I was worried about creating a new account and losing my saved progress during beta and early access.

Anyway, so like the previous posts mentioned, once you log into the Mog station, under the "Account Services" tab you should be able to see your account with 2 buttons: a PS3 and Windows. Underneath the buttons will show a chart of Account Type, Service Account Status, and Character. Assuming that's the account you want to play on, click on the platform button -whichever one you are going to play on and it will bring you to a window where you enter the official product code.

Once you enter the code, the chart that shows your account will change and where the PS3 and Windows buttons were, will be replaced with a new set of buttons: Subscription Service, Enter Bonus Code, Upgrade to the Digital Collector's Edition.

Hope this helps.

FYI, if you entered a code to play on early access, you'll need to enter another set of codes to officially register your game. Follow the above steps. =).
And like someone mentioned, do not click on the "Add new Service" button by the top right unless you want to start all over!

Edited, Aug 27th 2013 7:06pm by ASpaceman


Thank you so much for answering! I successfully registered my account by pressing the "add new plattform" button.
(the one you can see on the first screenshot I posted)


Edited, Aug 28th 2013 3:42am by Baijihri
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (62)