Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Toughest bosses in Final Fantasy HistoryFollow

#1 Aug 27 2013 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
811 posts
If you had a vote on which are the hardest bosses in the Final Fantasy franchise, which would it be?

Sephiroth
Yunalesca
Omega Weapon
Ultimecia
Chaos
Gilgamesh
Absolute Virtue
Boss 1017
#2 Aug 27 2013 at 9:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
You left out Pandemonium Warden, who was AV's older, meaner cousin.

The one that caused infamy because a linkshell spent 18 hours trying to kill it.

After that, SE capped the battle to 2 hours. Took months for a group to beat him.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#3 Aug 27 2013 at 9:34 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
811 posts
Ya I remember that fight, I was on Seraph when BtL did it.
Was pretty funny
#4 Aug 27 2013 at 9:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
Penance. >:c
#5 Aug 27 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
I can't remember it's name but the "end game" dragon in FF XII. He had like 100 million HP or something.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#6 Aug 27 2013 at 9:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
311 posts
Yunalesca isn't hard at all if you had you team leveled like I usually do by the time I get there. She sure was tough the first time I fought her though.

I was like "What?! 3 forms?! She can get that crap outta here."
____________________________
FFXIV: Raxion Gunsoul - Brynhildr - 50PLD 50SMN 50SCH 50DRG
WoW: Raxion - Greymane- 90 Druid
FFXI: Nion - Asura - 99 BLU, PUP, SMN, DRG, PLD 50+ DNC, NIN, MNK, THF, WHM, SAM, WAR
#7 Aug 27 2013 at 9:48 PM Rating: Decent
*
51 posts
Man AV and Pandamonium Warden were ridiculous. . . . add to that Vrtra in King Ranpierre's tomb. The first time the linkshell i was part attempted it we had set up an awsome kite with minks etc right? everything was going great . . . . . then P00000F...
Me> so uh where the **** did the dragon go?
linkshellmate> beats the **** outta me man i was hundredfisting it to death and uh it went away.
LSleader> uh so apparently its running around ronfaure terrorizing the local citizenry and uh there's a GM on it killling our half dead vrtra.
Me> WTF. . . .
Me> can we at least get the drops for it since we spent some time getting it to half dead or what?
LSleader> pack it up we're going home; and no its dead already and all loot will not be dispensed to us.

I found out later that a rl friend of mine was leveling BST up when that thing aggrod his beetle then him, he sent me a tell asking if there was supposed to be a giant dragon in ronfaure and i told him no.

I laughed for a good long while when he dscribed to me what happened when it popped up in a n00b zone.
#8 Aug 27 2013 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
**
829 posts
Nothing from FFVI unfortunately.
____________________________
Tauu Aori
Lalafell
WHM
Sargatanas
#9 Aug 27 2013 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
491 posts
Don't know if I'd consider him a boss or not, but definitely close enough. Yiazmat from FF XII gave me no end of frustration. Was even worse than the insta-death spamming Zelara ( at least I think that was his name, been a while).
#10 Aug 27 2013 at 9:58 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
DragonBourne wrote:
Don't know if I'd consider him a boss or not, but definitely close enough. Yiazmat from FF XII gave me no end of frustration. Was even worse than the insta-death spamming Zelara ( at least I think that was his name, been a while).

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. Oh and that 13th Esper was a rat bastich.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#11 Aug 27 2013 at 10:05 PM Rating: Good
***
1,079 posts
Teracide wrote:
Yunalesca isn't hard at all if you had you team leveled like I usually do by the time I get there. She sure was tough the first time I fought her though.

I was like "What?! 3 forms?! She can get that crap outta here."


Well, technically, if you are over leveled on anything, it's not hard. Thing is, she is hard when you're the appropriate level.
____________________________
FFXIV
Articus Vladmir
PLD WHM BRD DRG BLM
#12 Aug 27 2013 at 10:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
I actually never had any trouble with Yunalesca, I always thought she was relatively easy but just a long fight. I did however have horrible issues with Seymour Flux.
#13 Aug 27 2013 at 10:21 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I agree, Seymour Flux was a pain in the ***. Took me about three tries to get it right.

As long as you could make it to Yunalesca's final form, you were fine. She just kept casting Demi which would halve your HP, but that was okay because a half of a half of a half of a half.... you'd get low, but you'd never quite to zero. And then you killed her.

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 12:22am by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#14 Aug 27 2013 at 11:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
197 posts
Catwho wrote:
I agree, Seymour Flux was a pain in the ***. Took me about three tries to get it right.

As long as you could make it to Yunalesca's final form, you were fine. She just kept casting Demi which would halve your HP, but that was okay because a half of a half of a half of a half.... you'd get low, but you'd never quite to zero. And then you killed her.

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 12:22am by Catwho

Def. agree on Flux. I usually just ended up cheesing him with Aeon overdrives. 4 x 9999 + Bahamut's (with native BDL) 25,000 = 65,000 - about 5k away from a win. Huge post-OD delay was irrelevant, as they were dead on his first turn after summoning anyway. Toss in Wakka's attack reels, and gravy.

And the newer "hidden" bosses are definitely a step above the old ones - they expect you to have basically broken the game, in order to have any chance against them. In FFVIII, I could beat Omega Weapon in 2 rounds with a bit of luck (2 x 12 second Duel's for Zell, a Lionheart proc for Squall), and getting that set up was maybe 75 hours of gametime. For Penance, I cleared any non-ability/+4 stat node from the whole of the sphere grid, replaced with enough of each to get to 255, then the rest were +HP nodes - minimum 150 hours. Still have nightmares about the monster arena! And Yiazmat - all 99's, ultimate gear etc. Not to mention a perfect run would be at least 2-2 1/2 hours long. Zodiark was a breeze in comparison - just the last 20% or so was a pain, with his physical & magical paling for 50 out of 60 seconds or so. Spam damage there, then rest/recovery.
#15 Aug 28 2013 at 12:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
I was hoping to see Warmech on that list. Guess I'm just old school that way.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#16 Aug 28 2013 at 12:20 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,098 posts
IF Yiazmat from FF XII is the boss that appears when you caught all the monsters in the hunter guild and he killed the head moogle father. He's the most insane boss I ever beat . 3 times fighting him was enough! 5 and a half hours to beat him the 1st time.2nd time died at the 3hour mark, I ran out of "300" phoenix downs. 3rd time i beat it in 4 and a half hours.
____________________________




[ffxivsig]459049[/ffxivsig]
#17 Aug 28 2013 at 12:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
Ralrra wrote:
I was hoping to see Warmech on that list. Guess I'm just old school that way.


Warmech wrote:
IF Yiazmat from FF XII is the boss that appears when you caught all the monsters in the hunter guild and he killed the head moogle father. He's the most insane boss I ever beat . 3 times fighting him was enough! 5 and a half hours to beat him the 1st time.2nd time died at the 3hour mark, I ran out of "300" phoenix downs. 3rd time i beat it in 4 and a half hours.

I mention Warmech, and you're the next poster?

WHAT IS THIS BLACK SORCERY?!?

Smiley: lol
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#18 Aug 28 2013 at 1:01 AM Rating: Excellent
*
220 posts
Not FF, but Parasite Eve anyone? :'(
#19 Aug 28 2013 at 1:09 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
491 posts
LebargeX wrote:
DragonBourne wrote:
Don't know if I'd consider him a boss or not, but definitely close enough. Yiazmat from FF XII gave me no end of frustration. Was even worse than the insta-death spamming Zelara ( at least I think that was his name, been a while).

Yeah that's the one I was talking about. Oh and that 13th Esper was a rat bastich.


You're probably talking about Zalera, mentioned in my post, when you say 13th Esper. He was deep inside the Barheim Passage. You had to do the side quest in South Bank village to get the key and gain access to him. He wasn't a pimple on Yiazmat's hind end, though.
#20 Aug 28 2013 at 3:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
676 posts
nobody's giving Ozma any love? I remember him being a tough battle. I was young at the time, so maybe it was because of my age, but I remember it taking me several attempts to take him down.
____________________________
[ffxivsig]1789917[/ffxivsig]
#21 Aug 28 2013 at 3:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
3 posts
definitely Ozma
#22 Aug 28 2013 at 3:18 AM Rating: Good
I don't recall ever having defeated Ruby Weapon in FF7. The ****** always managed to eliminate the character with the best limit break first...
#23 Aug 28 2013 at 3:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
334 posts
Ralrra wrote:
I was hoping to see Warmech on that list. Guess I'm just old school that way.


Fought Warmech at around the age of 11 on my 2nd-hand NES system. We've come along way together Final Fantasy... here's to another ~15 years (or more) of adventure!

God I love YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-FoX1W3HY

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 5:25am by ChaChaJaJa
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#24 Aug 28 2013 at 3:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
424 posts
SyniteonReflux wrote:
Not FF, but Parasite Eve anyone? :'(


When you fight Eve on that goo pile in the ocean is the most retarded **** ever. I hate that fight with a passion.

DeepSage wrote:
definitely Ozma


Ozma was a *******.

My vote is for Weigraf in FFT PS1. If you came unprepared for that fight, you came to die.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#25 Aug 28 2013 at 3:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
148 posts
My personal vote goes to Ultros & Typhoon in FFXIII-2's Downloadable Content bonus fight...

What a pain that was. Longest fight ever... I don't think i've ever used Paradigm Shift so much in a single fight. My fingers were bleeeeeeeeeding at the end! (Not actually, but they hurt x.x)
____________________________
Proud PS3 User

Final Fantasy Addict

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, goes unrewarded" -- Aesop
#26 Aug 28 2013 at 3:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
Guys. Bubbly Bernie.
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)