Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

What was your first defeat...Follow

#1 Aug 28 2013 at 2:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
23 posts
Hi folks,

Just a fun thread to see what or who caused your first character defeat.

Mine was leveling my conj, to 15 for paladin, doing the Giant Gnats in Gridania for hunting journal. On my third and final gnat, my son jumped out from behind a curtain and scared the #^%# out of me. The gnat used my distraction (and laughing fit) to chew the rest of my face off, and thus my perfect game ended far sooner than I had hoped.

Thank goodness this isn't like LotRO, where you get achievements for not dying until level X!

So, what were some of yours?

/Buckles
#2 Aug 28 2013 at 3:01 AM Rating: Good
*
210 posts
I think it was a bat, 6 levels higher, hit stone instead of cure. :(
#3 Aug 28 2013 at 3:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
47 posts
Lol i haven't died yet, but i have a feeling its coming. I'm lvl 10 marauder.
#4 Aug 28 2013 at 3:04 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
23 posts
Haha, I bet that bat went back and told all its bat friends, and they were all totally like "LOLZ, no0b!"
#5 Aug 28 2013 at 3:12 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
847 posts
My first (and second) defeat were at the hands of those Kobolds in .....that mine area in La Noscea.

Most recent defeat was just running around on my BTN or something just to see how far I could get. Was a lvl 49 Gigas.....somewhere.
____________________________
Pluh.

Koalagal wrote:
I was driving to work this morning, just zoning out, listening to my radio, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a BLACK MAGE TARU HEALING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! For one split second, I thought "Omg he needs to get out of there he's gonna aggro... what a noob."

Then, I realised it was a black garbage bag left out for pick up.

#6 Aug 28 2013 at 3:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
190 posts
My first one was my level 20 lancer class quest.


I spent 11k gil , re-geared. Came back and kicked the quests ***. :-)

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 5:15am by Phasmoto
____________________________
Current Game: FFXIV
Server: Ultros
Name: Phasmoto Kong


#7 Aug 28 2013 at 4:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
310 posts
Redvers wrote:
Hi folks,

Just a fun thread to see what or who caused your first character defeat.

Mine was leveling my conj, to 15 for paladin, doing the Giant Gnats in Gridania for hunting journal. On my third and final gnat, my son jumped out from behind a curtain and scared the #^%# out of me. The gnat used my distraction (and laughing fit) to chew the rest of my face off, and thus my perfect game ended far sooner than I had hoped.

Thank goodness this isn't like LotRO, where you get achievements for not dying until level X!

So, what were some of yours?

/Buckles


Coeurl King FATE, when the coeurl concubines spawned all 4 of them aimed at me and burst me down, sadly, none of the freaking conjurers or acns next to me would heal

people have serious case of tunnel vision in this game
#8 Aug 28 2013 at 4:09 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
115 posts
My 1st defeat was at the hands of error 1017 ;-)

On a serious note though, my 1st major defeat was the CNJ 15 quest while prepping it for PLD (I know i didnt NEED to do it, just wanted to :-D).

May have been a mob earlier than that which got me, but thats the one which sticks out, it killed me off a couple times before I regeared and returned to layeth down the pain (well, heals).
____________________________

#9 Aug 28 2013 at 4:43 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
599 posts
As far as I can remember it was Ifrit. About 3 times.
#10 Aug 28 2013 at 5:19 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
**** Spriggan caught me leveling my PUG up. He went to do his cone attack and I ran thru him buuuut, hit an attack key which flipped me around while I was still running through him which made me run right into the cone. Done.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#11 Aug 28 2013 at 5:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
My first, second, third, fourth and fifth were at that the hands of the level 20 ACN job quest where you have to recover the book for a fellow NPC. Couldn't tell you what killed me, there were so many mobs. Finally beat it on the sixth that's to some advice.
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#12 Aug 28 2013 at 5:32 AM Rating: Good
***
1,674 posts
Well, my first death death was from trying to Leeroy Jenkins my way through the Sylphlands to complete my Eastern Shroud map.

Death from actual combat and fighting? From being Bad Breath'd to death by a bunch of Malboros in the FATE "Fate is a Fecal Mistress".

Ick.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI Character(s)
Name: Satisiun
Server: Carbuncle (RIP Gilgamesh)
Jobs: 99DRG, 99PLD, 99RDM, 99WHM | Everything else: 50-60
~Retired.~

Final Fantasy XIV Character(s)
Name: Satisiun Desain
Server(s): Sargantas (primary)
DoW/DoM/DoH/DoL: 50
#13 Aug 28 2013 at 5:39 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,377 posts
A very very long drop did me in the first time. Walking into a fate that had just popped along with 7 or 8 mobs auto-targeting me was the first mob death.
____________________________
"The game is fun as **** to me and I don't need epeen DPS parsers to feel like a bad ****. " ~Curt Schilling (A.K.A Wyndwraith)
#14 Aug 28 2013 at 6:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
377 posts
My lvl 25 GLA quest... I forgot I had a stun because I got distracted by a phone call while doing the quest.
____________________________
What? Did you expect something witty?

The Kraken Club - FC on Ultros
Arylin Moonsong - Ultros
Mimiroo Underhill - Ultros
#15 Aug 28 2013 at 6:39 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
I died once in Sastasha due to my healer not healing me. Other than that, I died once to fall damage. But I don't really count those, so my first REAL death was doing the level 30 MRD quest. That buffalo dude hit hard as **** and his AoE circle was difficult to get out of. Of course it doesn't help when the NPC you're fighting alongside refuses to cast more than cure 1, and the other dude aggros all the adds and immediately dies, leaving you tanking the buffalo and 6-8 adds. Smiley: tongue

Gotta say, I'm loving the ramp up in difficulty though, can't wait to tackle some tougher stuff at higher levels.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#16 Aug 28 2013 at 6:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
1017 Smiley: grin
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#17 Aug 28 2013 at 7:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
59 posts
Hairspray wrote:
1017 Smiley: grin


Honestly it's too true I never felt so disappointed Smiley: lol
____________________________
FFXIV
Zero Hellsing (PLD)

FC The Kraken Club

FFXI - BST75 DRK75 (retired)
#18 Aug 28 2013 at 7:11 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
488 posts
1017, also Sunken Temple last boss. Intense...
#19 Aug 28 2013 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
239 posts
lol, the only times I have died is when in FATE's and the healers seem to think they are much more useful nuking than keeping the tanks up.

Did die once in a dungeon but that was when healer went AFK and I was pulling like a madman and didn't notice.
____________________________
Quote:
WAR has access to enough enmity gear and enough hate-inducing JA to aggro baby jesus.


Quote:
When I'm trying to decide what spell to cast I look at the mobs' weaknesses, check the day, check the weather and then calmly cast Thunder IV.
#20 Aug 28 2013 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Rode my chocobo off a really big cliff and actually died from it (I didn't think I could since most big falls left me with 1HP but this was a really big fall).
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#21 Aug 28 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
BartelX wrote:
I died once in Sastasha due to my healer not healing me. Other than that, I died once to fall damage. But I don't really count those, so my first REAL death was doing the level 30 MRD quest. That buffalo dude hit hard as **** and his AoE circle was difficult to get out of. Of course it doesn't help when the NPC you're fighting alongside refuses to cast more than cure 1, and the other dude aggros all the adds and immediately dies, leaving you tanking the buffalo and 6-8 adds. Smiley: tongue

Gotta say, I'm loving the ramp up in difficulty though, can't wait to tackle some tougher stuff at higher levels.


The lvl 30 THM quest was pretty standard. One large mob with a couple of minor adds midway. I found the 15 THM quest to be harder, because you had to use sleep. Sucks about the buffalo though.

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 9:41am by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#22 Aug 28 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Excellent
43 posts
I play as a ARN and I notice during some FATEs I have a real hard time targeting a tank (I play on PS3) so please don't think we're ignoring you! I try and heal since Ruin does crap damage anyway.

As for me my first death was to the level 15 CNJ fight, got ganged up on by some water spirits :(
#23 Aug 28 2013 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
****
6,357 posts
My first party wipe was in Brayflox Longstop, that place is hard.
#24 Aug 28 2013 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Level 5 arcanist quests. I did it wrong and attacked other people's monsters instead of my own. Whoops.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#25 Aug 28 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
23 posts
Primal Titan XD
A challanging boss and rly fun to do!!!
#26 Aug 28 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
139 posts
During Alpha, I was in Gridania, I was...level 7 or 8 when I went up the fallen tree outside of Bentbranch...and didn't realize that all the enemies up there were level 30+. Oops! Smiley: banghead

If I remember correctly, at the time, the enemy's level couldn't be seen beside their name like it is now, which is why I didn't last too long up there. Don't quote me on that, though; I may be thinking of another game I was playing at the time.

Edit: added a missing word

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 11:29am by Vaaniks
____________________________
Primary World: Hyperion
Free Company: Jormungandr
Legacy Member
Main Character: Fialas Dawnren: Level 60 BRD/ARC, Level 16-56 On Everything Else
#27 Aug 28 2013 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I think you could see the levels besides the enemy's names. What you couldn't tell very well was the aggro range. (Still kind of tough.) So the level 30s up there were kind of hard to avoid if you wanted to explore.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#28 Aug 28 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
139 posts
Catwho wrote:
I think you could see the levels besides the enemy's names. What you couldn't tell very well was the aggro range. (Still kind of tough.) So the level 30s up there were kind of hard to avoid if you wanted to explore.


Ah! I was probably thinking of the other game I was playing, then. If the level showed up then, I probably just didn't pay attention to it at the time. In any case, I remember it clearly...I was playing an archer, I targeted an enemy, started to use a skill, and then....dead. Another enemy had come up from behind and ambushed me.

As I said before...oops! Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Primary World: Hyperion
Free Company: Jormungandr
Legacy Member
Main Character: Fialas Dawnren: Level 60 BRD/ARC, Level 16-56 On Everything Else
#29 Aug 28 2013 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
I don't remember what it was in Phase 3. In Phase 4, it was when I was doing quests in Central Thanalan as THM when a FATE started right on top of me and every single mob decided to aggro me since no one else was around.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#30 Aug 28 2013 at 11:15 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
26 posts
Standing in a red circle when the Blasting Cap exploded while tanking the giant blob in the Copperbell Mines. I swear I was out of the circle.....
#31 Aug 28 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
456 posts
I happened to take my PUG to 20 and my LNC to 20 with no deaths at all... hopped on my lvl 7Mar doing some lvling and a fate started on top of me and killed me almost instantly... Was a sad day!

Edited, Aug 28th 2013 12:20pm by Mmoderator
____________________________
Moderator-75thf 75nin 75pld Hume
LS- WanderingTrupaTricks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Diabolos~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mori Oni- 50MNK 20LNC 11GLD Miquote
LS- The Inner Circle
FC- Primal Bane
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ultros~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#32 Aug 28 2013 at 11:48 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
A Ladybug killed me outside of Gridania. I pulled it using stone and then ran to the bathroom.. Little did I know that auto-melee is pretty much useless as a conjurer.
____________________________
Blah
#33 Aug 28 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Default
*
212 posts
Some "mission" where the NPC told me "Focus on the fight; leave the ehaling to me" and then promptly let me die.

Again. and again. and again..

Then I finally realized the game was using Engrish instead of English..

____________________________
MUTED - 24 Hour
#34 Aug 28 2013 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
Myself....I was walking around and was trying to get to an area below, so I took the "Ill drop and save some time" approach. Unfortunately as I was walking off the cliff I was aggroed by some mob and was killed on impact...
____________________________
Name: Booie Brokenshield
Server: Ultros
#35 Aug 28 2013 at 1:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
81 posts
Level 15 CNJ class quest. LOL.

Didnt realize I just had to keep the NPcs alive..smh.
____________________________
Mika Fuzzypaws - Balmung Server - ( ゜∀゜)彡
#36 Aug 28 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*
239 posts
Was trying out Arcanist as a level 2 and went to fight a level 3 bat. Dead with the quickness.
____________________________
Survivor of the Twinkling Treant - 2003
FFXI - Cerberus - 99 PUP, 75 BST-RDM-BLU
FFXIV - Besaid -> Balmung - 9/23/10

#37 Aug 28 2013 at 2:50 PM Rating: Excellent
**
372 posts
A vulture when I got disconnected from server.

Coincidentally its the same as in ffxi but at least it wasn't the first mob I fought this time.
____________________________
Allena 99 WHM/ BST
#38 Aug 28 2013 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
mabiche wrote:
Level 15 CNJ class quest. LOL.

Didnt realize I just had to keep the NPcs alive..smh.

I leveled to 18 and just dropped the elk thingies anyways. Like a boss.
____________________________
Blah
#39 Aug 28 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
BeachBum22 wrote:
Myself....I was walking around and was trying to get to an area below, so I took the "Ill drop and save some time" approach. Unfortunately as I was walking off the cliff I was aggroed by some mob and was killed on impact...


That area with the Balloon (Bombs), the Zix and the rock men has some killer drops. Literally.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#40 Aug 28 2013 at 8:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
104 posts
MitArgento wrote:
Coeurl King FATE, when the coeurl concubines spawned all 4 of them aimed at me and burst me down, sadly, none of the freaking conjurers or acns next to me would heal

people have serious case of tunnel vision in this game


I will tell you, as an Arcanist (at the time), healing in FATEs is impossible. Like, literally; I went into tons of "boss" FATEs as an Arcanist, saw people dying, and could not heal them. I could con the enemy, I could con carbuncles, I could con minions, I could con myself, but unless you were in a group with me, I could not con any players...at all. My friend just found that out tonight as well (and we both turned off minion and carbuncle cons), as we both watched a tank die to Chupacabra, and he could not con him whatsoever.

Now, I'd expect Conjurers to be able to con others in a FATE, but I'm not sure, 'cause I haven't done a FATE on mine yet. Just saying, it might be possible that they simply couldn't heal you, not that they ignored you.

As for my first death...Tam-Tara. Had a group with a Gladiator, Thaumaturge, my friend who was an Archer, and my Conjurer. Gladiator was a little slow, but wasn't bad, but the Thaumaturge kept rushing in and pulling stuff with Thunder, which caused me to heal a bunch, and I ended up with two casters on me, and I didn't realize it 'til too late, and I died, thus leading to a complete wipe.

As it is: two runs (Sastasha and Tam-Tara), two tanks who were a little slow, and two damage dealers (Pugilist and Thaumaturge) who kept rushing in. Kept it together the first time, but not the second time. Hoping when I do Copperbell, it'll go a little easier...but I doubt it...
#41 Aug 28 2013 at 8:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
424 posts
The first time I died was probably the first time I tried to tank Sashtasha in Phase 3 with a few of the people on these forums. We had no healer, but the other GLA in out PT hd the cure spell. We beat the dungeon, but I died so many **** times. Good times.

The most recent, frustrating death come today thanks to (I don't remember their names, but they are enormous Malboro like creatures outside the white wolf gate in Grid). I had to sprinkle some fairy elixir water on them to tickle them, then try and avoid their bad breath attack that is essentially a death sentence if it hits you. You can barely even run away. I was getting very red in the face, to say the least.
____________________________
MJK wrote:
Is this a test?
It has to be. Otherwise I can't go on.
Draining patience. drain vitality.
this paranoid, paralyzed vampire act's a little old.

[Charlie Towser-The Kraken Club-Ultros[NA]-WAR]
#42 Aug 28 2013 at 9:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
137 posts
You know, I'm really worried about starting dungeons without a support group - LS or FC -
at least one colleague to make it a bit friendlier.
People seem to be so critical towards strangers and I'm a newby to this game.
Might be a veteran of FFXI but this is different game.
On top of that I'm an old **** - so my response times might not be as quick as you younglings
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#43 Aug 28 2013 at 9:06 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
A jump to the death was my first defeat...and my second.
#44 Aug 28 2013 at 9:35 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,439 posts
Mine made me lol. Level 20 ACN who went afk near Aleport while I needed to do stuff, came back to find myself lying face down outside Shopshae cause one of my kids who loves to ride my cute chocobo had a sneaky go while I was away and got me some agro :)
____________________________
Esuna Forums

#45 Aug 28 2013 at 9:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
83 posts
That one fight with Owyne and all the dudes. I was a teensy bit overwhelmed. D:
#46 Aug 28 2013 at 9:54 PM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
I died in my first attempt at the level 15 (maybe it was 20) Conjurer class quest. I was overwhelmed by the zerg of mobs.

In a sorta related note, my first death in FFXI was to the funguar in the Palborough mines, as a lvl 11MNK. They linked and chased my *** down.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#47 Aug 28 2013 at 11:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
Whitering wrote:
MitArgento wrote:
Coeurl King FATE, when the coeurl concubines spawned all 4 of them aimed at me and burst me down, sadly, none of the freaking conjurers or acns next to me would heal

people have serious case of tunnel vision in this game


I will tell you, as an Arcanist (at the time), healing in FATEs is impossible. Like, literally; I went into tons of "boss" FATEs as an Arcanist, saw people dying, and could not heal them. I could con the enemy, I could con carbuncles, I could con minions, I could con myself, but unless you were in a group with me, I could not con any players...at all. My friend just found that out tonight as well (and we both turned off minion and carbuncle cons), as we both watched a tank die to Chupacabra, and he could not con him whatsoever.

Now, I'd expect Conjurers to be able to con others in a FATE, but I'm not sure, 'cause I haven't done a FATE on mine yet. Just saying, it might be possible that they simply couldn't heal you, not that they ignored you.


I can confirm it's equally impossible. However, I did discover one ancient technique from the gods of technologies past that did offer the final solution:

Switch to mouse mode and try to click on the tank in a field of a hundred other mobs, minions, pets, and players.


Once I did select the tank, I locked on, and kept the source of xp alive like my... xp... depended on it.
#48 Aug 29 2013 at 2:26 AM Rating: Decent
*
70 posts
I'm pretty sure my first death was when I started leveling THM. I got a bit too greedy with XP chains and wasn't paying close attention to my health so I took a dirt nap.
#49 Aug 29 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
91 posts
Wasn't paying attention to how many Qiquirin(sp?) aggro'd me and before I knew it 7 of them were having their way with me...

P.S. They made my minion watch...

Edited, Aug 29th 2013 9:33am by Konfuzzle
#50 Aug 29 2013 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Whitering wrote:


As for my first death...Tam-Tara. Had a group with a Gladiator, Thaumaturge, my friend who was an Archer, and my Conjurer. Gladiator was a little slow, but wasn't bad, but the Thaumaturge kept rushing in and pulling stuff with Thunder, which caused me to heal a bunch, and I ended up with two casters on me, and I didn't realize it 'til too late, and I died, thus leading to a complete wipe.

As it is: two runs (Sastasha and Tam-Tara), two tanks who were a little slow, and two damage dealers (Pugilist and Thaumaturge) who kept rushing in. Kept it together the first time, but not the second time. Hoping when I do Copperbell, it'll go a little easier...but I doubt it...


Well there's the problem. A THM should be sleeping targets, not starting off with thunder.. Thunder? Maybe it is just me but I never use thunder, even on water elementals. I haven't noticed a major difference in damage due to elemental resistances. I can hit a flaming bomb with Fire 1 and it deals pretty much the same damage as Blizzard I. And thunder has never really seemed to be big on the damage / mana cost ratio for me.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#51 Aug 29 2013 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Xoie wrote:
Whitering wrote:
MitArgento wrote:
Coeurl King FATE, when the coeurl concubines spawned all 4 of them aimed at me and burst me down, sadly, none of the freaking conjurers or acns next to me would heal

people have serious case of tunnel vision in this game


I will tell you, as an Arcanist (at the time), healing in FATEs is impossible. Like, literally; I went into tons of "boss" FATEs as an Arcanist, saw people dying, and could not heal them. I could con the enemy, I could con carbuncles, I could con minions, I could con myself, but unless you were in a group with me, I could not con any players...at all. My friend just found that out tonight as well (and we both turned off minion and carbuncle cons), as we both watched a tank die to Chupacabra, and he could not con him whatsoever.

Now, I'd expect Conjurers to be able to con others in a FATE, but I'm not sure, 'cause I haven't done a FATE on mine yet. Just saying, it might be possible that they simply couldn't heal you, not that they ignored you.


I can confirm it's equally impossible. However, I did discover one ancient technique from the gods of technologies past that did offer the final solution:

Switch to mouse mode and try to click on the tank in a field of a hundred other mobs, minions, pets, and players.


Once I did select the tank, I locked on, and kept the source of xp alive like my... xp... depended on it.


You can set up an alternate tab function to target only PCs. I have my 'Q' key set to target nearest mobs and 'E' to target nearest PCs. It is under one of those settings. Note: I am on PC so there is that.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 78 All times are in CDT
Hyrist, Anonymous Guests (77)