Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Well they clarifiedFollow

#52 Aug 28 2013 at 1:05 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,707 posts
vahlmyth wrote:
Nashred wrote:
vahlmyth wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Yelta wrote:
Once the hardware is up and running they could appease a lot of people by giving everyone 1 free server transfer and another 7 days free or something like that.

Two weeks from now no one will even remember the error codes.


We are already getting 30 days free trial not sure 7 days makes much difference...


Edited, Aug 28th 2013 12:31pm by Nashred



It's so cute that you think those 30 days are "free".. Bet you think all that Obama stash is free too..

Nothing is free in a commercial business. Nothing.

The reason they say it's "free" is that by labeling something as "free" the perceived value of said item/service goes to ZERO - which allows them the flexibility to say "why are you complaining? It's FREE!"



It doesnt matter if you Buy the game 6 months from now they come with a free trial just like it still is in FFXI so I really dont get your point.



The cost of those 30 days was built into the game purchase price - trust me.



So what? Your argument is not relevant to anything here. We have accepted the cost of the game and the 30 days prior to the start of monthly billing. Of course there's a whole lot of stuff built into the cost of the game, or anything you buy for that matter. You are just trying to sound smart on a video game forum - trust me.
#53 Aug 28 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
The first month is "free" because it takes time to set up the account management for the subscription, and unlike a typical utility, you pay for your month in advance, not after. And the first month is not really free because the price of the subscription is baked into price of the initial purchase.

I think it would be sensible for SE to extend the free trial period a few extra days in light of the connection issues at launch. That should smooth things over sufficiently.
#54vahlmyth, Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 5:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Waiting for Mithsavvy to fanbois attack you for "trying to sound smart" with common sense and logic.
#55 Aug 28 2013 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
32 posts
I'm glad to hear they are tackling the problem with a real solution. We're past the apology with no explanation or game plan phase, and that's a great sign.

Xoie wrote:
The first month is "free" because it takes time to set up the account management for the subscription, and unlike a typical utility, you pay for your month in advance, not after. And the first month is not really free because the price of the subscription is baked into price of the initial purchase.

I think it would be sensible for SE to extend the free trial period a few extra days in light of the connection issues at launch. That should smooth things over sufficiently.


That would be a very reasonable and smart move on their part. It would be a shame to see them invest all the time and money into new servers, only to lose a larger than expected chunk of the launch player base due to the current bad vibes so many are experiencing.
#56vahlmyth, Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 7:13 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) It's all catchup at this point.
#57 Aug 28 2013 at 7:19 PM Rating: Default
*
189 posts
Seems to me like the only reason they are adding new servers is so can can continue to sell more digital copies, has nothing to do with what's going on now or they would have already increased the servers.
____________________________
FFXI Alexandar 51 SUM
Ramuh 50 SUM 53 THF
WoW Malygos 80MAG 60 WLK
The forgtn cst 80 MAG 73 WLK

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/status?cicuid=2494669
Retainer: Weaponsandshields
#58 Aug 28 2013 at 7:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
hanibalz wrote:
Seems to me like the only reason they are adding new servers is so can can continue to sell more digital copies, has nothing to do with what's going on now or they would have already increased the servers.


They're not just adding servers. They're also adding more network equipment.

They likely bought the Super Ultra Duplex switches, thinking they'd be adequate for the number of connections. Instead, they needed the Super Uber Mega OMGWTFBBQ Vorpal Switches of Awesomesauce +1 to handle 200,000 people trying to play the game at once.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#59 Aug 28 2013 at 7:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
525 posts
hanibalz wrote:
Seems to me like the only reason they are adding new servers is so can can continue to sell more digital copies, has nothing to do with what's going on now or they would have already increased the servers.


Behold: What a post looks like from someone with no IT knowledge.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#60 Aug 28 2013 at 9:04 PM Rating: Default
34 posts
A better temporary fix for now would be:

restart the NA servers every 4 hrs, thus kicking the AFKrs, and giving others a chance to get "locked out".
#61 Aug 28 2013 at 9:05 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
hanibalz wrote:
Seems to me like the only reason they are adding new servers is so can can continue to sell more digital copies, has nothing to do with what's going on now or they would have already increased the servers.

What!? SE is only spending money so that they can make more money!?! Those scoundrels!!!
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#62 Aug 28 2013 at 9:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
svlyons wrote:
hanibalz wrote:
Seems to me like the only reason they are adding new servers is so can can continue to sell more digital copies, has nothing to do with what's going on now or they would have already increased the servers.

What!? SE is only spending money so that they can make more money!?! Those scoundrels!!!

They should spend less money to make more money so they could have more money to spend even less money to make even more money.
____________________________




#63 Aug 28 2013 at 10:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
26 posts
Khornette wrote:
svlyons wrote:
hanibalz wrote:
Seems to me like the only reason they are adding new servers is so can can continue to sell more digital copies, has nothing to do with what's going on now or they would have already increased the servers.

What!? SE is only spending money so that they can make more money!?! Those scoundrels!!!

They should spend less money to make more money so they could have more money to spend even less money to make even more money.


Mind blown
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (59)