Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Math Junky with urges (aka a few tech questions)Follow

#1 Aug 28 2013 at 5:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,500 posts
Hi everyone,

Hopefully like must of you, I'm really enjoying this awesome game and being the helpless nerd I am, I started wondering a few things about damage calculations to get the most of my Pugilist. Probably is a bit early in the game to ask these kind of things but either way I'll appreciate if anyone can give me some insight on these questions:

1) Does the limit break can critic?
2) Is the limit break affected by buffing abilities like raging first or Internal Release?
3) Does any body knows exactly how critic damage is calculated?

I tried to search online for these things but I couldn't find anything useful. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Ken
____________________________
"Maybe it means: you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. Nine-millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the Valley of Darkness." - Jules.
FFXIV: Mabel Rand (Gugnir)
FFXI: Kenage, retired.
K&K forever!,
#2 Aug 28 2013 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
1) No.
2) Doesn't seems like it. Pretty sure no on Internal Release since it can not crit.
3) Don't know. I would say something like +50% of your base damage or something.

Limit Break is affected by gears and attributes etc. but doesn't look like abilities can affect it.
____________________________




#3 Aug 28 2013 at 8:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
197 posts
Khornette wrote:
1) No.
2) Doesn't seems like it. Pretty sure no on Internal Release since it can not crit.
3) Don't know. I would say something like +50% of your base damage or something.

Limit Break is affected by gears and attributes etc. but doesn't look like abilities can affect it.

This seems odd (not that I've tested it), as Limit Breaks have simply been shown (in their releases) as very high potency attacks. It is possible they have been removed from buffing though, as a 20% boost to a 9000 potency attack (Final Heaven, Tier 3 melee DPS LB) would be a potentially deciding factor in composition (but no melee DPS job currently can use Raging Strikes ... just saying).
#4 Aug 28 2013 at 8:44 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
137 posts
umn perhaps I'm understanding this wrong - but should dps be calling the shots on limit breaks.
Should it not be for the tank/ and or healer to decide what is best for the battle?
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#5 Aug 28 2013 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
carmelita wrote:
Khornette wrote:
1) No.
2) Doesn't seems like it. Pretty sure no on Internal Release since it can not crit.
3) Don't know. I would say something like +50% of your base damage or something.

Limit Break is affected by gears and attributes etc. but doesn't look like abilities can affect it.

This seems odd (not that I've tested it), as Limit Breaks have simply been shown (in their releases) as very high potency attacks. It is possible they have been removed from buffing though, as a 20% boost to a 9000 potency attack (Final Heaven, Tier 3 melee DPS LB) would be a potentially deciding factor in composition (but no melee DPS job currently can use Raging Strikes ... just saying).


Blood for Blood. 20% more damage and 25% received damage to self. I did try that but I may not have noticed if it has effect on Limit Break.
____________________________




#6 Aug 28 2013 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
197 posts
Khornette wrote:
carmelita wrote:
Khornette wrote:
1) No.
2) Doesn't seems like it. Pretty sure no on Internal Release since it can not crit.
3) Don't know. I would say something like +50% of your base damage or something.

Limit Break is affected by gears and attributes etc. but doesn't look like abilities can affect it.

This seems odd (not that I've tested it), as Limit Breaks have simply been shown (in their releases) as very high potency attacks. It is possible they have been removed from buffing though, as a 20% boost to a 9000 potency attack (Final Heaven, Tier 3 melee DPS LB) would be a potentially deciding factor in composition (but no melee DPS job currently can use Raging Strikes ... just saying).


Blood for Blood. 20% more damage and 25% received damage to self. I did try that but I may not have noticed if it has effect on Limit Break.

True - and MNK does have LNC as a subclass. Guess it just needs testing, but it's a tough one to test, unless you're already full of 50's, out FATE hunting as a party or whatnot.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 55 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (55)