Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Welcome to Final Fate XIVFollow

#1 Aug 29 2013 at 9:53 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
310 posts
Now first things first, i like the FATE system, its a step up against the stupid camping for claiming of NMs that FFXI had(that made people rage so much), but i think its FAR too easy for its own good.

1. It's too easy, sure, given that there are 40 players this might not hold truth when the population dies down a bit, so this isn't really a valid point for now, but still saying.
2. rewards are far too good, it gives more seals that grand company levequests, more exp than quests all while taking less time to complete.
3. they spawn too frequently lol, by the time you are done with one fate, another pops up.

Imho they should increase the spawn timer for FATEs or decrease the exp given so they don't beat quest that you have to spend your time on, plus the number of company seals given should be reduced, because as it stands, its meaningless to do grand company leves when you can do 2 fates in the same time.

#2 Aug 29 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
79 posts
FATEs are one way to do things and because of the mass population right now a FATE with a 30 minute timer is being swarmed and killed in 2 minutes.

With a smaller population and with people spreading out more over the levels you'll find this won't happen as much (though server population might not die down for a while).

If they reduce the XP, etc, then why do FATEs? I think SE just wants there to be multiple ways to level. Leves if you want, FATEs if you want, Dungeons if you want, etc.
#3 Aug 29 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
310 posts
algorithm0r wrote:
FATEs are one way to do things and because of the mass population right now a FATE with a 30 minute timer is being swarmed and killed in 2 minutes.

With a smaller population and with people spreading out more over the levels you'll find this won't happen as much (though server population might not die down for a while).

If they reduce the XP, etc, then why do FATEs? I think SE just wants there to be multiple ways to level. Leves if you want, FATEs if you want, Dungeons if you want, etc.


maybe the exp and time isn't a problem once the population dying down, but fates would still be better than Grand company levequests for their seals for one reason alone, they aren't limited by allowances.
#4 Aug 29 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
I don't know. By the time I get there half of the time the FATE ends, or I find that they don't spawn often enough. I like leves because I can get those blue treasure chest pops with aetherial items. Other than that, only a few FATEs are in the category of "too much reward for too little effort" There is one in east shroud where you have to guard gates against attackers. You can enter, kill one guy, and stand around and still get 10k-14k exp.

Also, I've been in ones where there are 3-4 folks involved (I'm thinking waaaay south in those sand dunes or on that Beach near Limsa) and it is a bit harder, takes longer, and gives 5-7k exp assuming you are really killing stuff at a decent pace.


Edited, Aug 29th 2013 11:03am by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#5 Aug 29 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
***
3,386 posts
Quote:
maybe the exp and time isn't a problem once the population dying down, but fates would still be better than Grand company levequests for their seals for one reason alone, they aren't limited by allowances.


This pre-supposes that GC seals are supposed to be a limited commodity. Other than artificially lengthening the seal grind, there's no reason FATEs shouldn't be a good source of them. Now, if you want to argue that GC leves should be a better source because of their limited nature, that's perfectly fine.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#6 Aug 29 2013 at 10:48 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
I think FATEs offset the fact that normal grinding for XP just doesn't fly after level 20. The leveling system is a very far departure from the way it worked in XI and the FATE system really solves an issue that is caused when the actual number value of XP you need is such a large gap.

They're also fun as all get out.
____________________________
Blah
#7 Aug 29 2013 at 4:13 PM Rating: Decent
*
212 posts
Lefein wrote:
I think FATEs offset the fact that normal grinding for XP just doesn't fly after level 20. The leveling system is a very far departure from the way it worked in XI and the FATE system really solves an issue that is caused when the actual number value of XP you need is such a large gap.

They're also fun as all get out.


If the combat system/mechanics were more interesting and customizable, the XP gaps would be far more tolerable.

But with such a vanilla system it becomes mind numbingly boring really, really fast.

I suspect they designed the FATE system as an ADD type thing: lots of quick, hectic activity to draw attention away from the droll combat.

____________________________
MUTED - 24 Hour
#8 Aug 29 2013 at 4:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I view the FATEs as a bonus. I'm just wandering around doing my thing, working on a quest or a hunt log, and I get a notice that there's a FATE nearby. I run in, toss off a few spells, enjoy the chaos, and then it's over.

FATEs would get boring if I was doing them nonstop, but since I only hit them once an hour at most, they're a welcome relief.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#9 Aug 29 2013 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
***
3,386 posts
Catwho wrote:
I view the FATEs as a bonus. I'm just wandering around doing my thing, working on a quest or a hunt log, and I get a notice that there's a FATE nearby. I run in, toss off a few spells, enjoy the chaos, and then it's over.

FATEs would get boring if I was doing them nonstop, but since I only hit them once an hour at most, they're a welcome relief.


There are times when I'll actively go out looking for FATEs, but for the most part yeah.. I do them when they're close to whatever else I'm doing.

I do wish the side quest exp kept up with the exp requirements. 5k exp for a quest at level 7 is way more helpful than 5k exp for a quest at level 27.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#10 Aug 29 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
123 posts
I'm stuck to doing them to finish levels due to either not knowing where the level 42ish quest hubs are or quests are THAT limited the closer you get to 50.
____________________________
Final Fantasy Radio
http://finalfantasyradio.co/
Amestra Blackoak Ultros Server
The Kraken Club

#11 Aug 29 2013 at 5:25 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
94 posts
Well, there are like 100 of us getting raped by Behemoth right now. So I dont think they will all be easy @50. Now when everyone is actually level 50 he might go down without a problem. Right now its not looking that way though.
#12 Aug 29 2013 at 5:26 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
You are wrong, Seals given per FATE is less than per GC leve (190 GC seals at lvl 32 vs 260 seals from completing leve at lvl 32). FATE however depends on population can be completed faster. FATE however, with too many people, doesn't give your Chocobo Companion EXP at all. Yes, GC leve can't be attempted with summoned Chocobo, but if you want to level your chocobo either you have to wait till very few people joining FATE or do normal mob hunting/guildleve.

FATE also doesn't reward you with gears unless you are the lucky person.

Lvl 40+ areas are currently Coerthas -> Mor Dhona. Lvl 35 leves at Camp Dragon Head, lvl 40 leves at Observatory Camp and lvl 45 leves (final) at Saint Toinachsomething Camp south east of Camp Revenant Tolls, they are the only places you get lvl 35+ leves for DoH/DoL.
____________________________




Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 74 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (74)