Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

I don't want your help... right now.Follow

#1 Aug 30 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
I don't really like people attacking my monsters. Why? it doesn't do anything for you and it only makes me lose my training tools. I understand if its a mistake but there are people who are intentionally attacking your mob, just because they can.

This isn't to say that I don't want you to give me a cure, however, ill ask, or you can be a kind person with cure and just do it, but if I want you to help me kill off the monster that is getting ready to kill me, OR NOT kill me, I will /help

O wait, I can't /help. Its kind of annoying and I don't understand why its an addition to the game. Anyone know?

/end2ndrantoftheday


Edit: I think I need to clarify my point.
*I didn't say starting areas. I didn't say level 20-30 areas either, so I see why you might think I was talking about starting areas, where this is common. I was actually talking about areas that are not crowded. Areas that you have to go out of your way to come attack my monster. That, is annoying. Having someone come kill your monster where they are level 1-10, ok, I don't care. Having someone, follow you, or just jump off a chocobo to kill your monster, when you have no idea who they are, that's uncalled for.

Edited, Aug 31st 2013 8:08am by WFOAssassin
#2 Aug 30 2013 at 3:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
137 posts
actually you answered your own question.
Anyone can attack a "claimed" monster so there is no reason for a /help function.
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#3 Aug 30 2013 at 3:37 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,174 posts
They probably do it because more than 1 person can get credit for mob kills if they do sufficient damage. When there are eleventy seven people in a small area trying to kill 5 of x, then it's kinda to be expected.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#4 Aug 30 2013 at 3:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,556 posts
I'm...I'm confused. :(

If a player does more than ~33% of the monsters HP, they get credit for a quest they're on and you get all the exp.

What do you mean exactly? :X
#5 Aug 30 2013 at 3:39 PM Rating: Decent
*
249 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
I don't really like people attacking my monsters. Why? it doesn't do anything for you and it only makes me lose my training tools. I understand if its a mistake but there are people who are intentionally attacking your mob, just because they can.

This isn't to say that I don't want you to give me a cure, however, ill ask, or you can be a kind person with cure and just do it, but if I want you to help me kill off the monster that is getting ready to kill me, OR NOT kill me, I will /help

O wait, I can't /help. Its kind of annoying and I don't understand why its an addition to the game. Anyone know?

/end2ndrantoftheday

There is a limited number of mobs and 30 other people around you trying to complete their quest as well. You can share kills and it makes it more bearable a wait.
#6 Aug 30 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
655 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
I don't really like people attacking my monsters. Why? it doesn't do anything for you and it only makes me lose my training tools. I understand if its a mistake but there are people who are intentionally attacking your mob, just because they can.

This isn't to say that I don't want you to give me a cure, however, ill ask, or you can be a kind person with cure and just do it, but if I want you to help me kill off the monster that is getting ready to kill me, OR NOT kill me, I will /help

O wait, I can't /help. Its kind of annoying and I don't understand why its an addition to the game. Anyone know?

/end2ndrantoftheday


Its a MMO you play with other people if you wanna challenge or to be left alone go play a single player RPG. Other people helping you make you get exp faster or complete huntlogs faster.. and your complaining.. /idontwannaliveonthisplanetanymore
#7 Aug 30 2013 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
I don't think the OP knows now only does he get full cred (kill and eXP), but the other person does to if they did enough DMG.
Therefore, it is like grouping up but without the group. Kill stuff faster, get more exp/hour, stop QQing
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#8 Aug 30 2013 at 4:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
What are the training tools the OP is referring to...?

The trick to knocking out your quest in a crowded area is to be quick on a claim, and then let someone else do all the damage. You get credit, they get credit, everyone mows through twice as fast.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#9 Aug 30 2013 at 4:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Catwho wrote:
What are the training tools the OP is referring to...?

The trick to knocking out your quest in a crowded area is to be quick on a claim, and then let someone else do all the damage. You get credit, they get credit, everyone mows through twice as fast.


basically this. And higher level players who are feeling nice while burning through quests would do well to claim or do their 33% damage and then face away from the mob, if the area is highly camped by lower level players.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#10 Aug 30 2013 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
491 posts
A lot of times, Ill simply hit the mob to tag it, then let the others finish it off to ensure they get their damage in to get credit for it. With that said, I don't attack anybody else's ever, unless we both got to it at the same time, but they just barely beat me to the punch.

EDIT: Just seen CatWho beat me to the punch. You got the idea. ;)

Edited, Aug 30th 2013 6:40pm by DragonBourne
#11 Aug 30 2013 at 8:04 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
I'm actually talking about mob in general, not the starting areas. Beyond that. Where people have no real reason to attack your monster. I guess I'm just running into male part players.

As for training tools, I like to fight monsters that don't die really fast to test macros, controller set ups, HUD, etc. That's what I mean training tools, practice or testing.
#13 Aug 30 2013 at 8:43 PM Rating: Good
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,560 posts
Dude, learn basic game mechanics before ******** about things. If a person attacks a mob that you're fighting, as long as they do enough damage to it, they not only get EXP from it, but they also get credit for the kill if they need it for a quest or log. You still get your EXP too. There is no downside at all.
#14 Aug 30 2013 at 8:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
20 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:

As for training tools, I like to fight monsters that don't die really fast to test macros, controller set ups, HUD, etc. That's what I mean training tools, practice or testing.



You do realize there are training dummies for that right?
#15 Aug 30 2013 at 9:06 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,174 posts
GetDrunkOrDie wrote:
WFOAssassin wrote:

As for training tools, I like to fight monsters that don't die really fast to test macros, controller set ups, HUD, etc. That's what I mean training tools, practice or testing.



You do realize there are training dummies for that right?

You know, today was the first time I actually got to play and it's ******* scary how much FFXIV is like 'that other game'. Not that it bothers me because I like that game, but dare I say... nah, too soon. Smiley: sly
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#16 Aug 30 2013 at 11:08 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
I'm actually talking about mob in general, not the starting areas. Beyond that. Where people have no real reason to attack your monster.

If you have a reason for killing a mob, doesn't it stand to reason that other players also have reasons for killing the same mob?
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#17 Aug 30 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
488 posts
This is a horrible thread...
#18 Aug 30 2013 at 11:24 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,174 posts
WFO is on a roll Smiley: lol
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#19 Aug 30 2013 at 11:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
It should remind you of "that" game. It should also remind you of a few other games. We all know that ARR is made from all that works. If you look at all the people trying to play it, i think it was a good strategy.
____________________________

#20 Aug 30 2013 at 11:45 PM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
The reason they're doing this is so that the mobs die faster and hence respawn faster so that they, too, can claim them. It makes perfect sense to want contested mobs to die and respawn as quickly as possible so that folks can finish their quests/logs/etc.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#21 Aug 30 2013 at 11:52 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,174 posts
Teneleven wrote:
It should remind you of "that" game. It should also remind you of a few other games. We all know that ARR is made from all that works. If you look at all the people trying to play it, i think it was a good strategy.


Yet we still have a majority of the forum firing shots at 'those games' because they aren't FF, even though FF is now more those games than it is FF.

DuskCactuar wrote:
The reason they're doing this is so that the mobs die faster and hence respawn faster so that they, too, can claim them.


They do it because they get credit. If you pull a mob and I engage after you and put enough damage in on it, we both get credit and the exp stays the same(minus the normal level difference calculation) as if we were solo. Win/Win in my opinion.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#22 Aug 31 2013 at 12:29 AM Rating: Excellent
If I'm running along looking for a quest mob or a mob for my hunting log, I'm going to attack it whether someone else is also killing it or not. I'll do my damnest to get enough damage on it to get credit and move on to the next. If you attacked it first you not only also get the xp and credit, like me, but you also get any loot it had.
What is there to complain about in this situation?

They made the game like this on purpose. Think about it.
____________________________
FFXIV - Neo Geo (formerly Droxy Durango)
FFXI - Brit *Manly man on the Fairy server*
{Retired for good in 2010 after the server transfer and forced name change)

#23 Aug 31 2013 at 12:41 AM Rating: Excellent
**
372 posts
Speaking as a conjurer attack my mobs all you want, it makes my life alot easier.
____________________________
Allena 99 WHM/ BST
#24 Aug 31 2013 at 12:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
837 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
I don't really like people attacking my monsters. Why? it doesn't do anything for you and it only makes me lose my training tools. I understand if its a mistake but there are people who are intentionally attacking your mob, just because they can.

This isn't to say that I don't want you to give me a cure, however, ill ask, or you can be a kind person with cure and just do it, but if I want you to help me kill off the monster that is getting ready to kill me, OR NOT kill me, I will /help

O wait, I can't /help. Its kind of annoying and I don't understand why its an addition to the game. Anyone know?

/end2ndrantoftheday


Ok it might come at a shock but most people do not want to help you. They just want your mob. When doing quests and there are like 5 quest mobs and 2 or 3 of us yea I attack other peoples mobs or they attack mine cause we both take credit for them.

At first it did annoy me that they would keep attacking my mobs but later I just thought...who cares I do kill them faster and we both take credit for them.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#25 Aug 31 2013 at 2:34 AM Rating: Decent
8 posts
Oh man, i've nearly died a few times and someone has helped kill my monsters, giving me the EXP I wanted and a warm fuzzy feeling too Smiley: grin
#26 Aug 31 2013 at 3:31 AM Rating: Good
**
786 posts
I love it. Don't attack his mob so you get shared claim for quest credit, but heal him all you want!

I'll just let you take a dirt nap. My cures shan't be used on asshats. Enjoy the walk back.
____________________________
Lord of all that is inaction and an overall waste of good air.

« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)