Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

SEFollow

#1 Aug 31 2013 at 6:19 PM Rating: Default
*
153 posts
why in the fu** are you selling a game I can't play?

This is honestly 100% bs.
#2 Aug 31 2013 at 6:26 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Technically they stopped selling it, but I agree with you. Blunder of the century.
#3 Aug 31 2013 at 6:29 PM Rating: Excellent
**
372 posts
ClydesShadow wrote:
why in the fu** are you selling a game I can't play?

This is honestly 100% bs.


Wait until 1am if you want to play that badly or wait until Tuesday whining isn't going to help and they aren't counting it towards the 30 free days so find some other way to entertain yourself.
____________________________
Allena 99 WHM/ BST
#4 Aug 31 2013 at 6:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
22 posts
Haven't been able to connect for a long time, this really sucks
____________________________
***********************************************
Get your ads here :D
***********************************************
#5 Aug 31 2013 at 6:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
I'd rather not complain, and if it was just the worlds being full it'd be whatever to me; however, it still can't update the NA/EU server list for me...
#6 Aug 31 2013 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,537 posts
Zeenoff wrote:
I'd rather not complain, and if it was just the worlds being full it'd be whatever to me; however, it still can't update the NA/EU server list for me...


Have you closed and restarted the program? I found when spamming the login, eventually it would stop updating the NA/EU servers and I had to exit and restart.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#7 Aug 31 2013 at 6:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
53 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Zeenoff wrote:
I'd rather not complain, and if it was just the worlds being full it'd be whatever to me; however, it still can't update the NA/EU server list for me...


Have you closed and restarted the program? I found when spamming the login, eventually it would stop updating the NA/EU servers and I had to exit and restart.


I'm on PS3. I can do nothing more than simply quit the game completely, which is essentially shutting down the client; so yes. I have. I've not been able to update the server list the entire day though.
#8 Aug 31 2013 at 6:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
23,925 posts
This needed to be a thread
____________________________
Rochefort Dean ~ FFXIV ARR ~ Ultros ~ DoH all @ 50
Soracloud ~ FFXI ~ RIP

Beer Advocate

Friar Tuck wrote:
This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER.

#9 Aug 31 2013 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
I really don't feel any sympathy for you. Crying and moaning over something so small is foolish. Glad I found something else to do. As I figured it was going to be a tough day to sign on.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#10 Aug 31 2013 at 6:52 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
310 posts
yeah...no, i just login when theres less people online and never log out again =D, ever, at least until square adds more servers.

Edited, Aug 31st 2013 8:53pm by MitArgento
#11 Aug 31 2013 at 6:55 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,438 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Technically they stopped selling it, but I agree with you. Blunder of the century.


Your hyperbole has flattened several small towns.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#12ClydesShadow, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And if you rated me down, then f u too.
#13ClydesShadow, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) dude **** off. I didn't buy the game not to play it...
#14 Aug 31 2013 at 7:36 PM Rating: Default
It's so nice of SE to promise to get the servers up after I spend my three day weekend playing something else.
____________________________
I like biscuits
#15 Aug 31 2013 at 7:42 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Oh sweet, another one of these threads. We totally needed more.

Seriously guys - if you can't get on an NA/EU server character, play on a JP server. There's nothing to stop you from doing so. I tried for about 15 mins to get on my main today, no luck, spent a couple of hours getting my character on Kujata from Lv12 to Lv16 and completing a bunch of story quests on a different nation than my main. I started that character last weekend when I couldn't get on to Cactuar. I got to play because I used a little common sense. If you really want to play, you can.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#16 Aug 31 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Default
yeah, if you can't get on an NA server then go waste time playing on a JP server.

oh, wait. I already did that and got bored because I know it is all for nothing. Have any other band aids? How about praising Yoshi for being so forthcoming about his bungling of the launch due to his admitted complete lack of preparation and foresight? That seems to be the go-to excuse and is pretty awesome in this, the year 2003.

What? It's 2013? Oh... nevermind....
____________________________
I like biscuits
#17 Aug 31 2013 at 7:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
yeah, if you can't get on an NA server then go waste time playing on a JP server.

oh, wait. I already did that and got bored because I know it is all for nothing. Have any other band aids?


How is it a waste of time? The content is the same regardless of which server you're on, JP, NA, EU, or whatever else. If you actually want to play FFXIV, there's nothing stopping you. But you don't want to play FFXIV. You want to whine about not playing FFXIV on an internet forum.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#18 Aug 31 2013 at 7:49 PM Rating: Default
It's a waste of time because A) I've already done it MULTIPLE times and B) will have to do it AGAIN when I am FINALLY able to make a character with FRIENDS on the SAME NA server.

Do you really need this explained to you?
____________________________
I like biscuits
#19 Aug 31 2013 at 7:56 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
Wanting to use the product you paid money for?

Stop being so entitled.
#20 Aug 31 2013 at 7:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Technically they stopped selling it, but I agree with you. Blunder of the century.


100 years of history, and aptly estimating that they would not have many people who gave the game a second shot is the biggest mistake ever. Yep.

218k concurrent logins, crushing the old record of 100k. Yep, they should have seen that coming.
____________________________


#21 Aug 31 2013 at 7:59 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
It's a waste of time because A) I've already done it MULTIPLE times and B) will have to do it AGAIN when I am FINALLY able to make a character with FRIENDS on the SAME NA server.

Do you really need this explained to you?


Oh, I see now. You're blaming squenix for your lack of forethought and pre-planning. Gotcha.

By the way, you and your friends could set up shop on a JP server right now if you really wanted to.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#22 Aug 31 2013 at 8:00 PM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
Technically they stopped selling it, but I agree with you. Blunder of the century.


100 years of history, and aptly estimating that they would not have many people who gave the game a second shot is the biggest mistake ever. Yep.

218k concurrent logins, crushing the old record of 100k. Yep, they should have seen that coming.


Naw dude, worse mistake than Pearl Harbor. That only ended with them getting atomic bombs dropped on their cities. This... this was a problematic MMO launch.


Edited, Aug 31st 2013 10:00pm by DuskCactuar
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#23 Aug 31 2013 at 8:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
83 posts
I think the truth of where the outrage is coming from a lot of people is that Square-Enix has had a very longggg history of this BS. They promised us after 1.0 they were a new company sensitive to needs of what the community wanted with new attitudes. A lot of people feel that they rushed phase 4 and made too many obvious mistakes. A lot of people on here feel like the problems with the game servers and the short-sidedness of Square-Enix is same old same old again and when people are really tired of you're going to see a million threads like these... There are things Square-Enix could have done after phase 4, but before launch but choose not to. Not to mention that it took them an entire day to figure out NA was down. I think the criticizism is fairly warranted.
#24 Aug 31 2013 at 8:07 PM Rating: Decent
DuskCactuar wrote:
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
It's a waste of time because A) I've already done it MULTIPLE times and B) will have to do it AGAIN when I am FINALLY able to make a character with FRIENDS on the SAME NA server.

Do you really need this explained to you?


Oh, I see now. You're blaming squenix for your lack of forethought and pre-planning. Gotcha.

By the way, you and your friends could set up shop on a JP server right now if you really wanted to.

So your solution to SE's failure to properly launch their game is to

A) blame me and my friends (because it is somehow OUR fault we couldn't make characters on the server we planned on playing on)
B) tell me to play a game I pay for on servers with higher pings and a foreign language community.

Gee, I can't decide between blaming myself and lowering my service expectations. Got any other great ideas?
____________________________
I like biscuits
#25 Aug 31 2013 at 8:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,030 posts
Woah I had no idea this was still going on. I've been logged in all weekend. I just decided to take a break from playing and check the forums.

Maybe there's a problem with your internet connection.

Edited, Aug 31st 2013 10:16pm by BrokenFox
#26 Aug 31 2013 at 8:15 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
There is much cause to be upset. However there are a billon other threads so therefore you are still a Whiney asshat
#27 Aug 31 2013 at 8:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
170 posts
ClydesShadow wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I really don't feel any sympathy for you. Crying and moaning over something so small is foolish. Glad I found something else to do. As I figured it was going to be a tough day to sign on.


dude @#%^ off. I didn't buy the game not to play it...


You know what, Nope! They obviously stated numerous times. That the servers can't handle it go ahead. So keep trying to get to play. This problem will be fix. If you lack patience then Sorry pal, your going to have a tough time. I am not one bit mad. I knew this was going to happen this weekend Since it being Labor Day weekend.
____________________________
Character: Sasanji Chechenji (BLM)
Server: Ultros
Master of the Black Market Mercs Free Company (BMM)
#28ClydesShadow, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 9:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You're an idiot if you have to ask that.
#29 Aug 31 2013 at 10:19 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,438 posts
ClydesShadow wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I really don't feel any sympathy for you. Crying and moaning over something so small is foolish. Glad I found something else to do. As I figured it was going to be a tough day to sign on.


dude @#%^ off. I didn't buy the game not to play it...


It's not that people don't agree with you. It's not that you aren't completely correct to be unhappy about this situation.

IT'S THAT WE HAVE A BAZILLION THREADS ON THIS ALREADY

This topic has been adequately explored. Move on.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#30BobthePukeSlinger, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 10:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You know an easy way to stop the flow of these threads?
#31 Aug 31 2013 at 10:59 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,438 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
You know an easy way to stop the flow of these threads?

FIX THE F***ING GAME SE OBVIOUSLY WASN'T PREPARED TO LAUNCH

Get this: If the game worked as people expected it to then they wouldn't be here. But no, it had to have the worst MMO launch since like Vanilla wow over a decade ago and are so incompetent they give timelines in terms of weeks instead of hours like every other MMO launched int he last five years or so.

SE = bush league.


I'll get right on that.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#32 Aug 31 2013 at 11:00 PM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
You know an easy way to stop the flow of these threads?

FIX THE F***ING GAME SE OBVIOUSLY WASN'T PREPARED TO LAUNCH


Good idea, how come we haven't thought of that yet? I'll get right on it, brb.

...

Shoot, my ssh key doesn't seem to be on the game servers. :(
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#33 Aug 31 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Default
DuskCactuar wrote:
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
You know an easy way to stop the flow of these threads?

FIX THE F***ING GAME SE OBVIOUSLY WASN'T PREPARED TO LAUNCH


Good idea, how come we haven't thought of that yet? I'll get right on it, brb.

...

Shoot, my ssh key doesn't seem to be on the game servers. :(

Get right on it....

You mean take over a week because you're incompetent? Remember when Guild Wars 2 was giving ETAs to fixing basic login issues in terms of WEEKS and DAYS and not hours? Remember when GW2 was like "so sowy, my lack of foresight prevented me from preparing!" Oh wait none of that ever happened because ANet isn't as bush league as SE obviously is.
____________________________
I like biscuits
#34 Aug 31 2013 at 11:12 PM Rating: Default
you always know you are winning against fanbois when all they have is "special snowflake" victim blaming and worthless witless snark.
____________________________
I like biscuits
#35 Aug 31 2013 at 11:14 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
Get right on it....

You mean take over a week because you're incompetent? Remember when Guild Wars 2 was giving ETAs to fixing basic login issues in terms of WEEKS and DAYS and not hours? Remember when GW2 was like "so sowy, my lack of foresight prevented me from preparing!" Oh wait none of that ever happened because ANet isn't as bush league as SE obviously is.


So go play GW2.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#36 Aug 31 2013 at 11:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,438 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
you always know you are winning against fanbois when all they have is "special snowflake" victim blaming and worthless witless snark.


It IS pretty funny to find fans on a fansite.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#37 Aug 31 2013 at 11:22 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
you always know you are winning against fanbois when all they have is "special snowflake" victim blaming and worthless witless snark.


It IS pretty funny to find fans on a fansite.


But he is a poor victim, and we are victim blaming. ^^;

I hear victim's rights groups from around the world are up in arms over this poor soul who cannot login to a video game and have asked kindly that those who've been raped, murdered, and assaulted recently step aside so that they can address this urgent situation here on the zam ffxiv forums.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#38 Aug 31 2013 at 11:52 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
DuskCactuar wrote:
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
It's a waste of time because A) I've already done it MULTIPLE times and B) will have to do it AGAIN when I am FINALLY able to make a character with FRIENDS on the SAME NA server.

Do you really need this explained to you?


Oh, I see now. You're blaming squenix for your lack of forethought and pre-planning. Gotcha.

By the way, you and your friends could set up shop on a JP server right now if you really wanted to.

So your solution to SE's failure to properly launch their game is to

A) blame me and my friends (because it is somehow OUR fault we couldn't make characters on the server we planned on playing on)
B) tell me to play a game I pay for on servers with higher pings and a foreign language community.

Gee, I can't decide between blaming myself and lowering my service expectations. Got any other great ideas?


No, neither. I offered neither of those as solutions. Want a solution? Be patient.

I know it can be frustrating, but guess what? I've played every single day since Early Access. Every one of them. I've also experienced the errors and queue failures. There's maint on Wednesday to expand server capacity. What more do you want? Is this your first MMO, because this is far from the first to have congestion at release.
____________________________


#39 Sep 01 2013 at 12:05 AM Rating: Good
**
482 posts
a 12 year old wrote:
Quoted Text


I've never understood this idea that just because the servers aren't regionalized toward 1 language, that you couldn't get anything done at all and couldn't communicate with anyone. This is like some isolationist supreme thinking right here.

If SE has done anything right, it's to prove this is false. FFXI has been going on for 11 years and the servers have always been mixed. Guess what...works pretty good. And before you start with the JPonry crap, it wasn't as common as people make it out to be. If you did encounter it, you either A.) got unlucky and got stuck with that 1% person, or B.) maybe you were the 1% person.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#40 Sep 01 2013 at 12:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
334 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
ClydesShadow wrote:
thelastofclass wrote:
I really don't feel any sympathy for you. Crying and moaning over something so small is foolish. Glad I found something else to do. As I figured it was going to be a tough day to sign on.


dude @#%^ off. I didn't buy the game not to play it...


It's not that people don't agree with you. It's not that you aren't completely correct to be unhappy about this situation.

IT'S THAT WE HAVE A BAZILLION THREADS ON THIS ALREADY

This topic has been adequately explored. Move on.

You know an easy way to stop the flow of these threads?

FIX THE F***ING GAME SE OBVIOUSLY WASN'T PREPARED TO LAUNCH

Get this: If the game worked as people expected it to then they wouldn't be here. But no, it had to have the worst MMO launch since like Vanilla wow over a decade ago and are so incompetent they give timelines in terms of weeks instead of hours like every other MMO launched int he last five years or so.

SE = bush league.


U Mad Bro?
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#41Killua125, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:37 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Fanboys aren't really fans. They're more like drones.
#42 Sep 01 2013 at 12:51 AM Rating: Default
*
212 posts
ninechars wrote:
I think the truth of where the outrage is coming from a lot of people is that Square-Enix has had a very longggg history of this BS. They promised us after 1.0 they were a new company sensitive to needs of what the community wanted with new attitudes. A lot of people feel that they rushed phase 4 and made too many obvious mistakes. A lot of people on here feel like the problems with the game servers and the short-sidedness of Square-Enix is same old same old again and when people are really tired of you're going to see a million threads like these... There are things Square-Enix could have done after phase 4, but before launch but choose not to. Not to mention that it took them an entire day to figure out NA was down. I think the criticizism is fairly warranted.


A well thought out, rationale relpy that is a breath of fresh air between all the emotion filled rants about horrible launch on one side and the embarrassing excuse making and pandering from the fanbois/fangirlz on the other who sound like SE marketing shills.

Yes, it is just a game.

But that doesn't cover the fact that this launch is an unmitigated disaster and it is 100% the result of SE trying to squeeze every last dime out of the game with total disregard for their customers.

If this was ANY other product/service other than a video game they would be out of business and forgotten within a year.

____________________________
MUTED - 24 Hour
#43 Sep 01 2013 at 6:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
I would like to point out that this is the result of SE having reserved estimated about the sales numbers of this game, when previously they set their projections way to high and missed the mark, like with Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs.

How can you blame them for expecting the previously failed FFXIV, a game which until 2 months ago half of this board said "This game will fail so hard," to have a mediocre playerbase?
____________________________


#44 Sep 01 2013 at 6:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Am I the only who hasn't had many issues logging in? Been booted quite a few times while playing, restart the client a few times and off I go. I've played everyday since EA launch. These threads are getting old cause it's always the same people coming in and agreeing. We get it, you aren't happy, SE addressed it, now wait. Bunch of ravenous crack heads...
____________________________

#45 Sep 01 2013 at 7:33 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
I've never seen an mmo that didn't have queues at launch, here they have a queue system but turn it off.

It's like they don't want you to play it too much.

Remmber in V1 where they had that fatigue system that limited how much you could play to try and stop people getting burned out? I wonder.... :P Actually it makes sense they would do that..they have more than enough money to put more servers on and they turn the queue system off for some insane reason. I can't think of any other reason than forced rationing to stop burnout.
____________________________
BANNED
#46 Sep 01 2013 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
preludes wrote:
I've never seen an mmo that didn't have queues at launch, here they have a queue system but turn it off.


Queues are on.. they are just overloaded with login attempts.
____________________________


#47 Sep 01 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
It doesn't work that way, unless Square programmers and incompetent?

There aren't that many queueing for this game.
____________________________
BANNED
#48 Sep 01 2013 at 8:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
53 posts
Once again I can't connect to the lobby. I can't even load up my char to TRY and load in... /sigh. Hopefully things are better after work.
#49 Sep 01 2013 at 8:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,537 posts
preludes wrote:
There aren't that many queueing for this game.


Where have you been the last week?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#50 Sep 01 2013 at 9:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
530 posts
There's always an inherent risk when playing games online. In most ToS agreements, which you sign, there's a disclaimer about service and connectivity issues, including server issues. As a consumer, you have every right to be upset that a product doesn't meet your expectations, however, the issues which are upsetting are clearly covered in the ToS, which states this is possible.

At this point some are just beating a dead horse. We get it, you're upset and quite understandably so, however, just weather the storm and know this will eventually be solved. Just like you, there are thousands of others trying to get on with mixed results.

My biggest gripe is with those who claim they're too busy with being an adult, work, school, family, kids, etc., and yet have all day to complain instead of spending that time doing something productive.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#51 Sep 01 2013 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
181 posts
I can't sympathize with anyone complaining cuz your doing it just to get attention and have no basis for your complaints anymore.
A) they have acknowledged the problem(s) and fixed it software side
B) giving a solution and timeline to fix the headwear side to reduce server congestion.
C) giving us compensation for our log in troubles by giving us a free week.
D) and on top of all the the game is well polished and plays really nice..and truth be told not that hard to log into. I have not missed a day and have not waited more then 15 to 20 mins to get in. I mean if the servers are full that goes to show that a lot of people are getting in and enjoying themselves enough to keep coming back.

And as far as those that said the issue should have ever happened in the first place are kind of living in lala land it is impossible and financial irresponsible to plan and be prepared for overwhelming demand. Things like this happen in every walk of life things sellout are out, put back order, people turned away, events over sold or things over booked. It's part of supply and demand no way around it.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 11:47am by domice
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (61)