Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Stop kvetching, I'm playing right now and you can tooFollow

#1 Aug 31 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
So last weekend we had these same issues - it's the weekend, folks are off work and school, and the servers are full. Right? Actually, it's the middle of the night for Asia, and the JP servers are totally not full. I've gotten in several hours of play on my Kujata character today and it took me all of 5 minutes to login to it once I realized my main character on Cactuar was going to be sleeping in his inn bed all weekend thanks to servers being full.

There's nothing stopping you from playing if you really want to. There're plenty of JP servers and no problems logging in to them.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#2BobthePukeSlinger, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 7:47 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Been there, done that. Got bored because there is no incentive to waste time on a character that is going to go to the trash.
#3 Aug 31 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Default
"Hear... Think... Feel."

It never gets old!!!
____________________________
I like biscuits
#4 Aug 31 2013 at 7:48 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
Been there, done that. Got bored because there is no incentive to waste time on a character that is going to go to the trash.


Why does it necessarily go in the trash?

BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
It's actually much less boring to come here and complain than it is to play content I've already done multiple times and will have to do again multiple times.


You've indeed made it clear that kvetching on an internet forum is your idea of a good time. ;)
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#5moonfroh, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 8:10 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Nobody wants to play an alt character on a different server. Thread fail!
#6 Aug 31 2013 at 8:12 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
moonfroh wrote:
Nobody wants to play an alt character on a different server. Thread fail!


Actually, I can prove that lots of people do by introducing you to the people I know on Kujata who are doing so (right now) and are happy to be able to do so while others sit around complaining instead.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#7 Aug 31 2013 at 8:25 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
DuskCactuar wrote:
moonfroh wrote:
Nobody wants to play an alt character on a different server. Thread fail!


Actually, I can prove that lots of people do by introducing you to the people I know on Kujata who are doing so (right now) and are happy to be able to do so while others sit around complaining instead.

Wow your anecdotal evidence really proves a lot and that's very interesting to read about! I'm not complaining though. I'm just waiting till I can get a spot on my home server, like the majority of players who have zero interest in starting over on a new server. So, thread still fails.
#8moonfroh, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 8:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Woot I'm in!!! Just wanted to rub it in that I'm on my na server with my friends and family!!! Hope you're having fun with your jp alt though. Maybe they'll let you transfer it when all this is over :)
#9BobthePukeSlinger, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 8:31 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm sure Yoshi and Co will be laughing when they turn digital sales back on and find a bunch of would be customers spent their money pre-ordering GTAV instead.
#10 Aug 31 2013 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
moonfroh wrote:
Wow your anecdotal evidence really proves a lot and that's very interesting to read about! I'm not complaining though. I'm just waiting till I can get a spot on my home server, like the majority of players who have zero interest in starting over on a new server. So, thread still fails.


That's your choice, and that's fine. Personally, I'd rather play the game for a while than sit there mashing buttons trying to get on to a character on a server that is overloaded to the point that after 20 minutes it was still a no-go.

It's also fun, imho, to experience the storyline from another nation's/job's perspective. I started a second character in FFXI after getting a few jobs to cap in that game as well just to experience some other stuff that I would've otherwise missed. This seems like an opportune time to do so. I don't really want to transfer the other character - I've met some cool folks on Kujata who are also there for the same reason.

Also worth note, the whole "no one will speak English there" thing doesn't hold true: there're lots of English speakers on Kujata. In addition to the fact that most Japanese people learn English as part of their default school curriculum, there're also a lot of Asian folks playing there from non-Japanese countries (Singapore has a huge FF fan base, for example) as well as Australians and others. English acts as a common language for a large number of people around the world in general, though, nowadays.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#11BobthePukeSlinger, Posted: Aug 31 2013 at 8:34 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Trying to raid on a server whose language you don't speak sounds like lots of fun. Do you even play MMOs?
#12 Aug 31 2013 at 8:39 PM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
BobthePukeSlinger wrote:
Trying to raid on a server whose language you don't speak sounds like lots of fun. Do you even play MMOs?


The other MMO I've played extensively was FFXI. FFXI didn't have multiple sets of servers; everyone was on the same servers, so I ended up playing with a lot of people from all over the world. I was one of the first US folks to hit level cap and end-game, and spent a significant amount of time doing end-game activities with a linkshell made up primarily of Asians (Japanese, Korean, and others as they got access to FFXI well before it was released in the US... in fact the leader was from Singapore).

As I said, most Japanese people who have completed school speak pretty good English.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#13 Aug 31 2013 at 9:16 PM Rating: Excellent
DuskCactuar wrote:
So last weekend we had these same issues - it's the weekend, folks are off work and school, and the servers are full. Right? Actually, it's the middle of the night for Asia, and the JP servers are totally not full.


This is as far as I got, then I looked at the time stamp of when you posted this: 8:45pm (My time, so like an hour and a half ago).
Japan is 14 hours ahead of me, so it is 12:15 PM on Sunday there. So yea... Kujata must be a dead JP server because I can't get on Titan atm due to servers being packed.

So as much as I agree with people who maybe have yet to play at all, all week, to start on a JP server. With it being the weekend, there is a high chance that you still might not be able to log in right now (Saturday night).
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#14 Aug 31 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
moonfroh wrote:
Nobody wants to play an alt character on a different server. Thread fail!


Ahem. Look at my sig. You're wrong.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#15 Aug 31 2013 at 10:13 PM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
I understand that people want to play and they're going to do what they're going to do, but rolling on a JP server is just plain inconsiderate. You're taking a spot that was meant for someone who is not you. Only slightly less douchebaggy than going afk all day so you don't have to spam login the next time you want to play.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#16 Aug 31 2013 at 10:35 PM Rating: Good
*
131 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
I understand that people want to play and they're going to do what they're going to do, but rolling on a JP server is just plain inconsiderate. You're taking a spot that was meant for someone who is not you. Only slightly less douchebaggy than going afk all day so you don't have to spam login the next time you want to play.


I don't see how the spot was "meant for someone who is not me", or how it's inconsiderate. If squenix's intent were to disallow players in some countries from playing on some servers, it's relatively trivial to do so using geoip on the source IP address during character creation. Further, they would've said so. This was obviously not their intent, and so saying that it's somehow a spot "meant for" someone else seems entirely silly. Meant for by whom?
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#17 Aug 31 2013 at 11:52 PM Rating: Excellent
FilthMcNasty wrote:
I understand that people want to play and they're going to do what they're going to do, but rolling on a JP server is just plain inconsiderate. You're taking a spot that was meant for someone who is not you. Only slightly less douchebaggy than going afk all day so you don't have to spam login the next time you want to play.


This post is so wrong on so many levels it has blown my mind. I guess being Japanese living in America has royally ****** me.
Thank you for pointing that out.








I'm not Japanese, but holy crap this is what went through my mind as I read that post.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#18 Sep 01 2013 at 2:26 AM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
yeah that's an inane comment McNasty. My legacy character was transferred on to a JP server without my input. They can see where everyone's account is from - so if they didn't want NA on the JP data centre worlds, they would just block people with NA accounts from being able to make them there - or IP block etc.

The regionalization is a suggestion, not a law.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


#19 Sep 01 2013 at 4:38 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
DuskCactuar wrote:
I don't see how the spot was "meant for someone who is not me", or how it's inconsiderate.


It's a Japanese server. It's meant for Japanese players. Under normal circumstances I would say you're welcome to roll a character for sh*tznlulz, but these are (we hope) far from normal circumstances.

DuskCactuar wrote:
If squenix's intent were to disallow players in some countries from playing on some servers, it's relatively trivial to do so using geoip on the source IP address during character creation. Further, they would've said so. This was obviously not their intent, and so saying that it's somehow a spot "meant for" someone else seems entirely silly. Meant for by whom?

Their intent is obviously to have enough space for everyone to play comfortably. There is no real reason to keep people from creating new characters on JP servers other than to regulate population; something that obviously is necessary. As for them not saying it specifically, it kinda goes without saying. What else would you think character creation limits are for? Too many male miquote?

Look, I'm not saying that Japanese people are some elite race that deserve their own specific servers because of how much better they are than you. All I'm saying is that it's not an overflow server. It's clearly meant for people who play in that region and unless you are in Japan, these servers are not 'meant for' you.




Edited, Sep 1st 2013 6:39am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#20 Sep 01 2013 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
*
131 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
DuskCactuar wrote:
I don't see how the spot was "meant for someone who is not me", or how it's inconsiderate.


It's a Japanese server. It's meant for Japanese players. Under normal circumstances I would say you're welcome to roll a character for sh*tznlulz, but these are (we hope) far from normal circumstances.


They sell the game in Australia. There are no Australian servers. Are Australian people not supposed to play? By your logic, that seems right...
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#21 Sep 01 2013 at 11:35 AM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
DuskCactuar wrote:
They sell the game in Australia. There are no Australian servers. Are Australian people not supposed to play? By your logic, that seems right...

I dunno. Australia is in Asia right? I mean, I dunno what language is spoken in Australia but, I would imagine they'd want to stay on a server with a majority of the players speaking the same language.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#22 Sep 01 2013 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
DuskCactuar wrote:
They sell the game in Australia. There are no Australian servers. Are Australian people not supposed to play? By your logic, that seems right...

I dunno. Australia is in Asia right? I mean, I dunno what language is spoken in Australia but, I would imagine they'd want to stay on a server with a majority of the players speaking the same language.


really? Australia isn't in Asia it's it's own continent. Also, they speak english there so the NA/EU servers are where they will most liekly be playing.

I would also like to point out speaking different languages isn't neccesarily a hinderance. While i was playing FFXI we had an LS with about 50 members on it. You would think thats a lot of people, but about 25 were english and the other 25 were japanese. Not all of them could speak english, but the ones that did communicated with the rest of them. Why did we have a half/half LS you might wonder? Because this guaranteed we had enough people online around the clock to camp HNM's that went out of each others time zones, get ToD's, or to help each other out or whatever. We had a great relationship with each other and we all realized the potential mixing both cultures together would bring.

I can't deny that there were some japanese players who didn't want anything to do with the english speaking comunity and vice-versa, but don't generalize an entire population. A lot of the japanese players didn't mind playing together, and some of them even found it a good learning experience to how we do things as opposed to them.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 1:53pm by Keysofgaruda
#23 Sep 01 2013 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm playing on Valefor and plan on staying there at this point -- Playing with mostly Japanese players is incentivising me to learn a new language.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#24 Sep 01 2013 at 12:08 PM Rating: Excellent
*
131 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
I dunno. Australia is in Asia right?


No, it isn't. Australia is a continent unto itself, which also includes New Zealand and some other small islands.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I mean, I dunno what language is spoken in Australia but, I would imagine they'd want to stay on a server with a majority of the players speaking the same language.


English. However, English is spoken widely on all JP servers, and connectivity-wise, Australia hits north america by way of Tokyo 9 times out of 10.
____________________________
Dusk Sanatore (CNJ, FSH, GSM) @ Cactuar
Dusk D'norte (MRD) @ Kujata
#25 Sep 01 2013 at 12:44 PM Rating: Good
****
4,134 posts
Holy **** guys, get trolled harder. I was being a smartass. You missed the sarcasm, which I guess isn't surprising since you're missing the point...

Keysofgaruda wrote:
I would also like to point out speaking different languages isn't neccesarily a hinderance. While i was playing FFXI we had an LS with about 50 members on it. You would think thats a lot of people, but about 25 were english and the other 25 were japanese. Not all of them could speak english, but the ones that did communicated with the rest of them. Why did we have a half/half LS you might wonder? Because this guaranteed we had enough people online around the clock to camp HNM's that went out of each others time zones, get ToD's, or to help each other out or whatever. We had a great relationship with each other and we all realized the potential mixing both cultures together would bring.

Cool story. Thing about XI was, they avoided regional servers to cut costs. It was forced. You didn't have an option.

I said 'in general' because it was the case for most of the JP players who played XI. I'm not saying that all JP players avoided NA/EU players, just the majority.

My point is simply that in this time of server turmoil, rolling on JP servers is not the most considerate thing to do. It's cool that you want to learn Japanese darexius2010, but there are many players who are rolling there just to avoid 1017 and the like. I speak and understand enough Japanese that I myself could get by on a JP server so I assure you, it's not a cultural issue.

If SE wasn't experiencing difficulties then by all means, but I'm pretty sure that while they are; NOT rolling on JP servers kinda falls under the "We appreciate your patience and cooperation" clause of their daily apology. We've waited almost 3 years. What's another 3 days?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#26 Sep 01 2013 at 12:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
175 posts
is anyone else getting error 2002? i'm trying to refrain from posting on the forum about my question but seeing that some people can login... while some cannot... i can't help but to try asking T_T i've been trying every 3 mins, 5 mins, 3 hours, for the past 48 hours it just won't let me get past the launcher!! T_T
#27 Sep 01 2013 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
Yes, loads of people are getting 2002. If they get past that, they get 1017. Many who manage to jump those first two hurdles get 90000 and get sent right back through the same loop again.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#28 Sep 01 2013 at 12:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Dat moment when you get in the loading for so long that you think that you got through...and then have SE crush your hopes and dreams...

****** of as **** hope the new servers will finally help.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#29 Sep 01 2013 at 1:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
175 posts
Quote:
Yes, loads of people are getting 2002. If they get past that, they get 1017. Many who manage to jump those first two hurdles get 90000 and get sent right back through the same loop again.


o well this is saddening.. to think i've been looking forward to play for the weekend ;(

on the other hand... seeing how yoshi P teared during the launch party... i really could sense and feel his sincerity. + they are compensating me with 7 extra days. i guess i'm fine!!!
#30 Sep 01 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
eugypt wrote:
Quote:
Yes, loads of people are getting 2002. If they get past that, they get 1017. Many who manage to jump those first two hurdles get 90000 and get sent right back through the same loop again.


o well this is saddening.. to think i've been looking forward to play for the weekend ;(

on the other hand... seeing how yoshi P teared during the launch party... i really could sense and feel his sincerity. + they are compensating me with 7 extra days. i guess i'm fine!!!


Yeah it sucks to not be able to play, but I would assume that SE will compensate people for time lost. Still not time to /panic unless they continue to have issues and start asking people to pay a subscription fee.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#31 Sep 01 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
81 posts
At this point I'm just happy when my character loads up in the lobby!
____________________________
Mika Fuzzypaws - Balmung Server - ( ゜∀゜)彡
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 104 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (103)