Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Serious problem with one-time passwordFollow

#1 Sep 01 2013 at 5:32 AM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
So I'm a returning player, decided that I wanted to give ARR a try and re-activate my FFXIV account. Well, when I go on the site, I type my ID/password in (works just fine), then it wants the one-time password.
Okay, so I got my one-time password out and typed it in, and no matter how many times I do it, it says the password entered is invalid.... I think my one-time password is broken or out of sync or something. So what should I do? I'm kinda screwed atm
Please help ;_;

EDIT:
Okay I'm going crazy, I have tried everything!
I cannot get any support help from SE at all...

I have submitted for email support, it says they will help me within 1-2 business days, but it has been over 3 days now. I have also heard of people waiting a whole week and never got any help.
I have submitted for multiple chat support, having to wait 3 hours each, only to get a message after 3 hours of waiting saying "there are no agents to help you at this time". WTF?!!?
and I have tried phone support too, but the line is ALWAYS busy...

Oh and yes, I am doing these support requests during their business hours, so that's not the reason why I'm not getting any help. Why is it SO hard to give SE my money? My security token is broken/malfunctioning and I have absolutely no way to log-in, can anyone help me? Is there any way to disable my token without having to log in? Or maybe a better way to get ahold of SE?

Edited, Sep 3rd 2013 6:49pm by MystinaValeth
#2 Sep 01 2013 at 5:35 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
655 posts
Go to your SE account management and remove it than add it back on
#3 Sep 01 2013 at 5:48 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
silverhope wrote:
Go to your SE account management and remove it than add it back on


Better make sure you can add it back before you remove it. It may have changed, but it used to be a one time thing where if you had a token and removed it then you couldn't add it back.

*EDIT*

DO NOT remove your token unless you're OK with never using it again. Once you remove it, you can't add it back. You'd have to purchase another one or if you have a smartphone you can add one with the free app.

Square Enix Support Center wrote:
To remove the security token, log into the Square Enix Account Management System and go to "Services/Options"->"One-Time Password"-> "Security Token Usage Settings"->"Security Token Removal."

After removing the Security Token, you will not need to enter a one-time password when you log in.

* After removing a Security Token, you will not be able to use it again. If you wish to use a Security Token in the future, you will need to purchase a new one.



Edited, Sep 1st 2013 7:52am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#4 Sep 01 2013 at 6:00 AM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
I personally don't want to remove it, but it's out of sync or something, cause the website accepts my email/ID and password, I even receive emails and such from square-enix... But my one-time password token is just not giving the correct password at all.... So I donno what to do, I suppose I'm forced to remove it
#5 Sep 01 2013 at 6:02 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,425 posts
Is there a chance you are using the wrong token? I know I have a couple floating around.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#6 Sep 01 2013 at 6:05 AM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
I only have one, so definitely not mistaking it with another. From what I looked up, after a long time they can become out of sync and basically they become completely useless, so I'll either need a completely new one or I'll need to use the app (which I don't have an iphone so I can't). The problem is, I'm having a rather difficult time trying to disable my token, seems the website has been changed up and I can't find where to do it... :\

It seems I need the token just to login, so how do I login to disable my token if I can't login..?

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 8:10am by MystinaValeth
#7 Sep 01 2013 at 6:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
525 posts
You can't disable it without having it work.

You can disable it from the SE account page, which you can find here.

However, since yours doesn't work, you can't get in, which means you will have to call support and verify your account over the phone. You first need to go here and fill out a ticket by clicking on get support.

Once you have a ticket number (not before) you can call in to the support line at 1-858-790-7529. Unless they have special hours because of launch, you won't be able to reach anyone until Tuesday at noon EST.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#8 Sep 01 2013 at 6:13 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
MystinaValeth wrote:
I only have one, so definitely not mistaking it with another. From what I looked up, after a long time they can become out of sync and basically they become completely useless, so I'll either need a completely new one or I'll need to use the app (which I don't have an iphone so I can't). The problem is, I'm having a rather difficult time trying to disable my token, seems the website has been changed up and I can't find where to do it... :\

It seems I need the token just to login, so how do I login to disable my token if I can't login..?


You don't need an iPhone, just a smartphone. You can either remove it yourself or you can wait and contact SE about what they can do to fix it. Doubtful they will, but if you're forced to remove it they might replace it.

If you need to remove it login to your square enix account:

"Services/Options"->"One-Time Password"-> "Security Token Usage Settings"->"Security Token Removal."

____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#9 Sep 01 2013 at 6:13 AM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
Okay, I'll see if my smartphone can use the app, I've never downloaded apps on it before so not sure if it can. Thanks for the suggestion FilthMcNasty.

If that doesn't work, then I'll try your suggestion Buffylvr. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I really have to get to sleep though, it's several hours past when I should have gone to sleep, stayed up all night just trying to login to my account >.< Anyways I'll try those suggestions first thing tomorrow and post weather I got them to work or not.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 8:21am by MystinaValeth
#10 Sep 01 2013 at 6:22 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
MystinaValeth wrote:
Thank you Buffylvr, I'll try that first thing tomarrow, it's rather late and I really need to get to bed now.

Tomorrow is not Tuesday Smiley: laugh

Check your phone to see if you have or can get google play. You can download it through that.


Edited, Sep 1st 2013 8:23am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#11 Sep 01 2013 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
If you are contacting SE, they may be able to re-sync the token. Are you 100% sure you are using the right password?
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#12 Sep 01 2013 at 8:08 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,928 posts
i had that same problem with my FFXI security token... in the end it was discovered that the token was the issue. I contacted SE about it and they temporarily suspended it then everything worked (without the token) had them reactivate it and everything went back no not working.. I tried to remove the security token which didnt work because it asks you to enter your one time password when doing it (which wasnt working) so in the end i had to have SE disable my token permanently and just use the one that came with my FFXIV collectors edition and everything works fine now
#13 Sep 02 2013 at 12:16 AM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
MystinaValeth wrote:
Thank you Buffylvr, I'll try that first thing tomarrow, it's rather late and I really need to get to bed now.

Tomorrow is not Tuesday Smiley: laugh

Check your phone to see if you have or can get google play. You can download it through that.


Edited, Sep 1st 2013 8:23am by FilthMcNasty

Oops I misread your first comment and didn't see the part about Tuesday. I actually did get a reply back from Square-Enix and I got a ticket number, they're going to help me within 2 business days they said... so looks like it's going to be a little while till I can log online.

Also, my phone was capable of running the app, I did get it installed and running, but the problem is to connect the app from the phone to my SE account, I need to log-in, and of course I can't do that so the phone app isn't going to help. So what I'm going to do is have Square-Enix support help me get into my account and disable the one-time password, then once I can get into my account without any problems I'll link my account to the one-time password app.

Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
If you are contacting SE, they may be able to re-sync the token. Are you 100% sure you are using the right password?

I've been reading a lot of FF11 threads about people having the same problem. I won't be able to re-sync it, my device is malfunctioning unfortunately... And yes, I'm 100% sure I'm using the right password.

DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
i had that same problem with my FFXI security token... in the end it was discovered that the token was the issue. I contacted SE about it and they temporarily suspended it then everything worked (without the token) had them reactivate it and everything went back no not working.. I tried to remove the security token which didnt work because it asks you to enter your one time password when doing it (which wasnt working) so in the end i had to have SE disable my token permanently and just use the one that came with my FFXIV collectors edition and everything works fine now

I've been reading some FF11 threads of people who had the same problem and you and I. Looks like all I can do is have SE support disable the one-time password for me.
#14 Sep 03 2013 at 4:49 PM Rating: Excellent
33 posts
Okay I'm going crazy, I have tried everything!
I cannot get any support help from SE at all...

I have submitted for email support, it says they will help me within 1-2 business days, but it has been over 3 days now. I have also heard of people waiting a whole week and never got any help.
I have submitted for multiple chat support, having to wait 3 hours each, only to get a message after 3 hours of waiting saying "there are no agents to help you at this time". WTF?!!?
and I have tried phone support too, but the line is ALWAYS busy...

Oh and yes, I am doing these support requests during their business hours, so that's not the reason why I'm not getting any help. Why is it SO hard to give SE my money? My security token is broken/malfunctioning and I have absolutely no way to log-in, can anyone help me? Is there any way to disable my token without having to log in? Or maybe a better way to get ahold of SE?
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 95 All times are in CDT
Callinon, Thayos, Theonehio, Anonymous Guests (92)