Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

1017 - It's Alive!Follow

#1 Sep 01 2013 at 12:17 PM Rating: Sub-Default
*
212 posts
1017 must have been exposed to an accidental dose of lab radiation..

They don't even bother letting you get to the character screen before throwing it at you.

Could this all be part of a massive marketing campaign, where we discover that an epic boss mob named "1017" exists, aka "The Sleeper" from old EQ days?


____________________________
MUTED - 24 Hour
#2 Sep 01 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
47 posts
Yea... anyone else with this. I'm getting the "1017 world is full" message right after I hit the start, before I even see my character. And that's when I can actually hit start.... most of the times the start is greyed out and then I get the "2002 lost lobby connection" error. What in the heck is going on? I work too hard, ran around with the kids, hung out with the wife all day long to come down to the den and relax to a title screen and errors for an hour. Inbetween I've been watching tv and internet, but seriously... I get what I pay for those. What am I getting paying SE? I understand launches, I understand server capacities, but I'd rather you shut it down for 3 days and fix it rather than let this drag on for weeks. Anyone else getting the same errors from above?
#3Prophet vahlmyth, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:30 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If they completely shut down then they technically would be in violation of the ToS.
#4 Sep 01 2013 at 12:30 PM Rating: Default
**
348 posts
Its not even bringing up the servers for me.
____________________________




#5 Sep 01 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,667 posts
Prophet vahlmyth wrote:
If they completely shut down then they technically would be in violation of the ToS.
Wrong again.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 Sep 01 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Prophet vahlmyth wrote:
If they completely shut down then they technically would be in violation of the ToS.

This way they can say that they were "offering" the service, the fact that it wasn't available 90% time doesn't matter since availability isn't in the ToS.

Game dev companies have really good teams of lawyers - only way they get away with what they do and still survive.



ToS state that they don't have to have the service up at all for any reason whatsoever.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#7 Sep 01 2013 at 12:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
837 posts
Oh look another pointless thread for 1017 was created again from bahlmyth. Seriously I believe you should keep it up next week as well when the new servers will go live.

If you put the same effort in trying to log in instead of making this threads you would have already been 50.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#8Killua125, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:34 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) How do you figure
#9 Sep 01 2013 at 12:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
837 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Teravibe wrote:
If you put the same effort in trying to log in instead of making this threads you would have already been 50.


How do you figure

I spent 6 hours yesterday trying and failing to log in.


Good for you here is a cookie.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#10Prophet vahlmyth, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:36 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Don't upset the Kool-Aid drinkers - they can only tolerate one heretic at a time..
#11 Sep 01 2013 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
837 posts
Prophet vahlmyth wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
Teravibe wrote:
If you put the same effort in trying to log in instead of making this threads you would have already been 50.


How do you figure

I spent 6 hours yesterday trying and failing to log in.



Don't upset the Kool-Aid drinkers - they can only tolerate one heretic at a time..

Challenging tasks like counting above the number 2 ad thinking for themselves makes them angry..




Awww you making me blush here another cookie for you as well.

Seriously I will run out of cookies if you keep it up.

By the way I like your permanent sub-defaulted status. Makes people pay attention to you more.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 2:38pm by Teravibe
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#12Killua125, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:39 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well, I'm just asking where your logic is. I can't log in so how would you expect me to be level 50?
#13Prophet vahlmyth, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:40 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ZAM must have borrowed a developer from SE, as I never made/changed that setting. It was done unilaterally.
#14Prophet vahlmyth, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Giving away virtual cookies, speaking for the masses and divining people's real world accomplishments over the Internet.
#15 Sep 01 2013 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
******
49,667 posts
Prophet vahlmyth wrote:
Don't upset the Kool-Aid drinkers
It was Flavor Aid. I mean, as amusing as watching you repeat what you overheard adults say at one point, you've yet to get one fact about anything correct. Maybe, I don't know? Take two seconds to read about what you want to speak about and then use that information in some meaningful way?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#16 Sep 01 2013 at 12:44 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Please please do keep up. Smiley: lol

I are a fanboy yolo swag whatever you wonna call me!!

I am a 24/7 MMO player hiding in my mothers basement!! Smiley: lol

I will stop giving you cookies. It seems you don't like them.

I know, I will up vote your last comment since it seems you are such a nice guy and say so many good things about me! <3

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 2:45pm by Teravibe
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#17Killua125, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:46 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) One week ago, you said "it's just early access/open beta", and you said if these problems are still occurring post-launch, you would be ****** and hold SE accountable.
#18 Sep 01 2013 at 12:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
837 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Teravibe wrote:
Please please do keep up. Smiley: lol

I are a fanboy yolo swag whatever you wonna call me!!

I am a 24/7 MMO player hiding in my mothers basement!! Smiley: lol

I will stop giving you cookies. It seems you don't like them.

I know, I will up vote your last comment since it seems you are such a nice guy and say so many good things about me! <3

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 2:45pm by Teravibe


One week ago, you said "it's just early access/open beta", and you said if these problems are still occurring post-launch, you would be ****** and hold SE accountable.

Now it's well after launch and many can't log in... why are you still being a drone SE apologist?



No you are mistaken killua. I never said I like the problems we are having. I am raging in the IRC about them and I believe SE are stupid that have this kind of problems,

I am just against people like balmyth that ***** all the time for the same thing over and over again.
You said it once? Cool yea you are right I agree with you.
You said it twice..what the heck...yes I still agree with you.

You said 100 times well you sir need to shut up.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#19Killua125, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:50 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Maybe he's just upset? Not everyone has an "agenda".
#20 Sep 01 2013 at 12:51 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
47 posts
Please do not let trolls disrupt from the conversation.

After restarting the client numerous times, I now continuously get the "cannot load NA/EU server list". Anyone else??? Again, trolls will be trolls... just ignore them and don't feed them.
#21 Sep 01 2013 at 12:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
837 posts
Killua125 wrote:
Maybe he's just upset? Not everyone has an "agenda".



Get real killua. You don't make 10 threads a day for the same reason. Go have a beer go have a private time with your gf but stop posting the same thing over and over again.

What do you want the rest of us do. Say 100 times as well that we agree with you? We are upset as well yes but we move on.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#22 Sep 01 2013 at 12:56 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
47 posts
Ok... shut the PS off completely, hung out with my middle boy (4) who is having serious life issues with that new Disney Infinity, lol. Helped him with the Pirate board, then came back downstairs... I'm on the character screen and I have a server list.. but I'm getting the 1017 world full error. This is really sad, from a business stand point. Where do I find all the updates and notices? Do they have at least an ETA as to when they would like to be done... or a game plan as to what NEEDS to be done first? Anyone?
#23Prophet vahlmyth, Posted: Sep 01 2013 at 12:56 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Agree.
#24 Sep 01 2013 at 12:59 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
837 posts
LouMercado wrote:
Ok... shut the PS off completely, hung out with my middle boy (4) who is having serious life issues with that new Disney Infinity, lol. Helped him with the Pirate board, then came back downstairs... I'm on the character screen and I have a server list.. but I'm getting the 1017 world full error. This is really sad, from a business stand point. Where do I find all the updates and notices? Do they have at least an ETA as to when they would like to be done... or a game plan as to what NEEDS to be done first? Anyone?



This week there will be the new servers that will easy the burden and we won't have these annoying log in restrictions.
____________________________
YaY signature!! (i was never good with signatures >_<)

Grim Reaperz (Ultros server)
#25 Sep 01 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
LouMercado wrote:
Ok... shut the PS off completely, hung out with my middle boy (4) who is having serious life issues with that new Disney Infinity, lol. Helped him with the Pirate board, then came back downstairs... I'm on the character screen and I have a server list.. but I'm getting the 1017 world full error. This is really sad, from a business stand point. Where do I find all the updates and notices? Do they have at least an ETA as to when they would like to be done... or a game plan as to what NEEDS to be done first? Anyone?


They post their updates on their Twitter feed, generally.


https://twitter.com/FFXIV_NEWS_EN

Edit: 17 minutes ago they posted they're aware of the problem and they're working to resolve it.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 3:01pm by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#26 Sep 01 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Default
*
50 posts
Teravibe wrote:
Killua125 wrote:
Teravibe wrote:
Please please do keep up. Smiley: lol

I are a fanboy yolo swag whatever you wonna call me!!

I am a 24/7 MMO player hiding in my mothers basement!! Smiley: lol

I will stop giving you cookies. It seems you don't like them.

I know, I will up vote your last comment since it seems you are such a nice guy and say so many good things about me! <3

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 2:45pm by Teravibe


One week ago, you said "it's just early access/open beta", and you said if these problems are still occurring post-launch, you would be ****** and hold SE accountable.

Now it's well after launch and many can't log in... why are you still being a drone SE apologist?



No you are mistaken killua. I never said I like the problems we are having. I am raging in the IRC about them and I believe SE are stupid that have this kind of problems,

I am just against people like balmyth that ***** all the time for the same thing over and over again.
You said it once? Cool yea you are right I agree with you.
You said it twice..what the heck...yes I still agree with you.

You said 100 times well you sir need to shut up.


And you sir say the same thing 100 times over and over about the people that come on here to vent, you try to look mature by pretending it doesn't bother you. You bend over for SE and take it with a smile. You are no mod to tell people to stop posting.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 70 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (70)